Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Another case of super-cheap CW cloaking shields. :tongue:

Planets are pretty large and ships are pretty small. A ship's sensors would'nt be capable of covering a whole planet let alone a fleet's. Also Kamino is storm clogged and i'm sure that creates blind spots on land sensors. Also considering that Ventresse's ship is barely a blip compared to a venator on the sensors makes it easier for one to sneak past an enemy fleet.

Look at the battle of Coruscant where they were able to sneak in and create a surprise attack on the Republic. Grievous was also able to land and kidnap the Chancellor of all people. I think that the attack on Kamino will involve Grievous engaging the fleet in orbit distracting them while Ventress lands her forces and attacks.

New video, spotlights on Matt and Anakin, mostly old shots but I did manage to pick out some new ones. Ziro the hutt has a confrontation with Anakin, don't know who that plays into the story though. About half way in there is a scene of a crashed venator with gunships flying away, might be a cool concept to explore. And lastly the end is really dedicated to an Anakin vs. Asajj on Kamino, their fighting all the way from the inner workings of Kamino to the platforms, I'm super excited now

clickey

Thanks for sharing sok117. I think the shot with the crashed Venator and gunships flying away are from the episode R2 Come Home in Season 2. Though the Anakin-Ventress duel in Kamino really looks exciting.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I thought it was rather cool..

Also, be warned of the slight spoilers for season 3.

It was mentioned on one of the Cartoon Network videos that because of Ahsoka's size, and her tendancy to use a reverse grip with her lightsaber, Anakin has been teaching her new techniques to better defend herself, by using a new weapon.

short.jpg

Seems she's going to be adopting a very piratey fighting stance, similar to Vyse from Skies of Arcadia. :wink:

I also think the Secret Apprentice should be taking notes. Holding two lightsabers backwards is not only very stupid looking, it's also completely useless! This is at least a real stance that would be useful in a fight!

art-01vyse.jpg

It was mentioned on one of the Cartoon Network videos that because of Ahsoka's size, and her tendancy to use a reverse grip with her lightsaber, Anakin has been teaching her new techniques to better defend herself, by using a new weapon.

Finally. That was drivig me nuts...

Look at the battle of Coruscant where they were able to sneak in and create a surprise attack on the Republic. Grievous was also able to land and kidnap the Chancellor of all people. I think that the attack on Kamino will involve Grievous engaging the fleet in orbit distracting them while Ventress lands her forces and attacks.

Ooh, forgot about that possibility. Palpy gave Grievous coordinates for a secret passage through the Deep Core for the Coruscant assault, guess he could do the same for Kamino.

Ooh, forgot about that possibility. Palpy gave Grievous coordinates for a secret passage through the Deep Core for the Coruscant assault, guess he could do the same for Kamino.

Point. Palps has contacts everywhere...

That's quite interesting, I would like to see Ahsoka's new weapon in Season 3. New weapon means new lego lightsaber mold? <wishful thinking>

On another of Filoni's answer sessions

. This time it was in reference to two clones in The Zillo Beast who were named Hawkeye and Trapper. Being a huge MASH fan, I'm surprised I didn't catch that. Anyway, I that it was funny. I'm starting to really like these answer sessions. :sweet:

Episode guides are here: Clone Cadets and ARC troopers

That's quite interesting, I would like to see Ahsoka's new weapon in Season 3. New weapon means new lego lightsaber mold? <wishful thinking>

I doubt it. Even for ones like Yoda's or Darth Maul's, they used the standard. The only specific one has been Dooku's and Asajj's... Oh well. It would be neat, though.

For those who want something more than boring reading guides, a preview for episode 2.

http://www.bigshinyr.../archives/16299

Interesting find Darth Sion/Mr.Mando, thanks for sharing. So, the first episode is essentially Rookies Part 2, as we get a second look at the 'Shinies' from that well-liked episode Season 1. It's great that we'll finally see the ARC Troopers in this series, though I wonder how they'll match up with Fordo's Muunilinst 10.

Is that a really old clone trooper?.

You mean "Clone #99"? It was stated in the link that he's "an imperfect model relegated to menial, custodial duties at the Kamino production facility". He looks like an old clone since his character was developed to be "a bit slower…quieter…softer than your basic clone voice", as the article said.

Edited by KielDaMan

and
haven't been seen yet too, have they?

Also, there are some new episode names:

Episode 3: Supply lines

Episode 4: Sphere of Influence

And here's some info about '99':

lg_99.jpg

Edited by commdr_neyo

You mean "Clone #99"? It was stated in the link that he's "an imperfect model relegated to menial, custodial duties at the Kamino production facility". He looks like an old clone since his character was developed to be "a bit slower…quieter…softer than your basic clone voice", as the article said.

Wouldn't they have droids for that? We know from many sources that the Kaminoans would just kill any 'defect' that they saw? The five clones in the episode have only had problems at the final stages of their training, so it makes sense that they'd be given extra training. They're already a valuable asset. 99 probably would've been spotted at birth.

Although I think he will make the episodes very interesting.

and
haven't been seen yet too, have they?

Nope! Thanks. The one with the instructors is neat. Shaak Ti seems great so far.

EDIT: Here's an article talking about a scene they pulled out. Supposedly, Asajj has a clone up against a wall (presumably the ARC in the trailer), and she kisses him before leaving him there to die. That's creepy. *huh*

Wouldn't they have droids for that? We know from many sources that the Kaminoans would just kill any 'defect' that they saw? The five clones in the episode have only had problems at the final stages of their training, so it makes sense that they'd be given extra training. They're already a valuable asset. 99 probably would've been spotted at birth.

EDIT: Here's an article talking about a scene they pulled out. Supposedly, Asajj has a clone up against a wall (presumably the ARC in the trailer), and she kisses him before leaving him there to die. That's creepy. default_huh.gif

That IS creepy.

I agree, Kaminoans kill defective clones, not hire them as half-time janitors. Even when not focused on the Kaminoans, Filoni manages to ruin their charecter.

Now, I just need to wait for these stupid videos to buffer..

I think it's a little darker that they added the malformed clone in there. If anything a malformed clone is more disturbing to me then the Kaminoans ruthlessly killing defective clones. Thinking about the Kaminoans forcing a proud Mandolorain warrior who they deformed on their mistake and forcing him to clean for the rest of his life. How manyh are there like him?

Oh BTW I was right that Grievous will be attacking with his fleet, Wassup? :tongue: (just kidding about rubbing it in by the way :wink: )

Edited by Forresto

Yeah, I don't see how they're supposed to have "ruined the Kaminoans" if it's the jedi who decide the fate of battle-unready clones. :sceptic: I think you guys are overreacting a bit. So what if they left ONE clone as a janitor?

EDIT: Here's an article talking about a scene they pulled out. Supposedly, Asajj has a clone up against a wall (presumably the ARC in the trailer), and she kisses him before leaving him there to die. That's creepy. *huh*

That literally is what you call the "Kiss of Death". :wink: It's such a shame we wouldn't see that scene until the DVD/Blu-Rays come out, but I guess we have to be 'gentle' with the kids... :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I don't see how they're supposed to have "ruined the Kaminoans" if it's the jedi who decide the fate of battle-unready clones. :sceptic: I think you guys are overreacting a bit. So what if they left ONE clone as a janitor?

I actually don't mind #99, he adds another interesting character dimension to the clone brotherhood, and I think he is supposed to teach the proverbial "do not judge the book by its cover" to the kids, as stated in his Data File: "Though his body maybe weak, his spirit is strong".

It makes perfect sense, if the Jedi let the Kaminoans kill clones who were deformed or failed training then it would be against their own code.

All this stuff on the Kaminoans being evil is just fanboy fiction, Lucas oversees this series, he isn't going to let them do something with out his approval, just like they had to get his approval for killing Shaak Ti in TFU.

Aw man. They let Aurra make out with Ohnaka. :laugh:

Downright inconsistency at its best I guess. I completely forgot about that Aurra-Ohnaka kissing scene, that was a bit kid-unfriendly too and they let that one go, so why censor the Ventress kiss now? Maybe because it's a double booboo = sexual kiss + violent murder at the same time (?). :wacko:

Downright inconsistency at its best I guess. I completely forgot about that Aurra-Ohnaka kissing scene, that was a bit kid-unfriendly too and they let that one go, so why censor the Ventress kiss now? Maybe because it's a double booboo = sexual kiss + violent murder at the same time (?). :wacko:

It's very sadistic & cold blooded, kissing someone before you kill them. A sure sign that someone is a complete lost cause.

It makes perfect sense, if the Jedi let the Kaminoans kill clones who were deformed or failed training then it would be against their own code.

All this stuff on the Kaminoans being evil is just fanboy fiction, Lucas oversees this series, he isn't going to let them do something with out his approval, just like they had to get his approval for killing Shaak Ti in TFU.

It is not just 'fanboy fiction.' It's pure canon. Books and comics make up about 80% of the SW universe.

Double creepy. How do you kiss a clone when he's wearing a helmet? Or does she somehow have enough time to pin him, run him through, remove his helmet, kiss him, and deactivate her 'saber while under fire?

Double creepy. How do you kiss a clone when he's wearing a helmet? Or does she somehow have enough time to pin him, run him through, remove his helmet, kiss him, and deactivate her 'saber while under fire?

I think, being an ARC trooper, he was the last one out. So, she pins him to the wall with the force, pulls his helmet off, stabs him, then kisses him..

:look:

Still, I hope it's in the extended scenes when the season comes out. :laugh: