Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Nearly all of the planet is covered in water, so if they can get 1 ship through to the open sea they would have sent through one of those squid ships and boom.

After watching a newer trailer talking about the cinematic quality of the Clone Wars and I think I know how the squid ships .

It looks like there will be a two pronged attack with Grevous leading a gigantic fleet to distract the orbiting fleet while Ventress lands her troops by attacking from the sea in a surprise attack.

Three.

Ryloth is under siege- Ryloth Trilogy

Representative Jar Jar Binks are dispatched- Gungan General

to the planet of Toydaria, where they must convince the King Katuunko to send aid- Ambush

Ryloth was under seige from the Republic not the tinnies like last time. This time we see it from a different angle so I don't think it's that similar besides the same planet.

Jar Jar is a Republic representive (Curse you Lucaaaaaaasss!) so doe'nt it make sense? Okay maybe not so much with Jar Jar but still......

They won't be competing with the seps this time around if I'm not mistaken. Jar Jar is only trying to convince him rather then impress him with a huge batlle spectacular.....I think. :laugh:

Edited by Forresto

It looks like there will be a two pronged attack with Grevous leading a gigantic fleet to distract the orbiting fleet while Ventress lands her troops by attacking from the sea in a surprise attack.

Well maybe but then how do we explain Grevous getting on the surface we can't even inmagine Grevous winning a space battle :tongue:

I like how they're going back to old plots (like Kamino in Rookies).

Yeah, I've never been a fan of villains who abandon their plans right after the first failed attempt either.

Another one of Dave Filoni's answer segments on SW.com about the Bose troopers. Apparently Filoni calls them "Leia Troopers". Eh, I like my idea more. :laugh:

Agreed. :grin:

I don't think that's what's happening. As Darth Jar Jar said, we see him coming out of a "squid ship" too, so I think they're just attacking different parts of Tapioca City at the same time. Either way, the mystery of how they got passed the orbital defenses remains a mystery. :sceptic:

Jar Jar is only trying to convince him rather then impress him with a huge batlle spectacular.....I think. :laugh:

Yeah, because Yoda already did that for him. Thank god. :tongue:

Another one of Dave Filoni's answer segments on SW.com about the Bose troopers. Apparently Filoni calls them "Leia Troopers". Eh, I like my idea more. default_laugh_new.gif

The what troopers? 1.5 guys? I can't watch the vid...

They won't be competing with the seps this time around if I'm not mistaken. Jar Jar is only trying to convince him rather then impress him with a huge batlle spectacular.....I think. default_laugh_new.gif

Hm... that makes sence. I'm kind of hoping for some more Thrawn- like plans from Sideous soon.

Yeah, cause that's gonna happen default_laugh_new.gif

Yeah, I've never been a fan of villains who abandon their plans right after the first failed attempt either.

Good villains keep going- and they don't care if they kill a few apprentices on the way. :laugh:

It's getting better, Lucas, you did create Palpatine, after all. Imagine the saga if he stopped after losing Darth Maul. We'd never have gotten rid of Jar-Jar Binks.

Hm... that makes sence. I'm kind of hoping for some more Thrawn- like plans from Sideous soon.

Yeah, cause that's gonna happen default_laugh_new.gif

Wont happen. Thrawn was in a league of his own. Palpatine had to exile him just to avoid being dethroned by him.

Wont happen. Thrawn was in a league of his own. Palpatine had to exile him just to avoid being dethroned by him.

I was actually reffering to the Jar Jar thing in the second line. I need to start dual-quoting again default_laugh_new.gif

He was exiled? I thought he just took over after Palps died. Just goes to show how much more I need to read..

He was exiled? I thought he just took over after Palps died. Just goes to show how much more I need to read..

More like sent away due to xenophobia, but...

Either way, the mystery of how they got passed the orbital defenses remains a mystery. :sceptic:

It's not like the planet is covered by a forcefield made of ships. Come in through the other side. :laugh: It's similar to the 'Empire' paradoy Family Guy did. While they're evacuating Hoth, it's explained, "we're going into space, and have nearly ifininte directions to go in, but we're flying straight through the enemy."

I thought Thrawn was out near the Unknown Regions when Palpy was killed.

Edited by CallMePie

It's not like the planet is covered by a forcefield made of ships. Come in through the other side. :laugh: It's similar to the 'Empire' paradoy Family Guy did. While they're evacuating Hoth, it's explained, "we're going into space, and have nearly ifininte directions to go in, but we're flying straight through the enemy."

Yeah I saw that Family Guy parody - really hilarious. :laugh: Anyways, these are the types of details that get unnoticed by most viewers, it's just us hardcore SW fans who scrutinizes these things. But let's see how the Seps really were able to infiltrate Kamino, if it's going to be shown how they did it instead of starting the episode wherein the they're already there. If not, Filoni and is crew would have to make up another post-explanation (excuse).

Okay the commando is actually a cadet and Aura sin was never dead in the series they just want you to think that she actually jumps out of slave 1write before it blue up and it sure is exiting

Okay the commando is actually a cadet and Aura sin was never dead in the series they just want you to think that she actually jumps out of slave 1write before it blue up and it sure is exiting

Its aurra sing :wink:.... And we prettey much knew she wasn't dead from the first trailer :wink:

:laugh:

Or the Trade Federation blockade of Naboo. I think this was explained by the fact that there are only a certain number of safe charted lanes through both realspace and hyperspace. It evidently takes a long time to go around a planet (*cough*DS1*cough*), and you can't get to the farside of a planet without crossing the nearside. The only way to approach the planet from the side opposite the hyperspace routes is to fly for years through realspace, or make a blind jump in the general direction and risk colliding with something. This can work for small ships, but the logistics of moving an entire fleet through uncharted space are just too great and take too long. It's easier and safer just to approach the planet from the hyperspace routes, so the defending fleet only has to blockade the nearside. :classic:

I thought Thrawn was out near the Unknown Regions when Palpy was killed.

That's what I meant/said. :grin::classic:

default_laugh_new.gif

Or the Trade Federation blockade of Naboo. I think this was explained by the fact that there are only a certain number of safe charted lanes through both realspace and hyperspace. It evidently takes a long time to go around a planet (*cough*DS1*cough*), and you can't get to the farside of a planet without crossing the nearside. The only way to approach the planet from the side opposite the hyperspace routes is to fly for years through realspace, or make a blind jump in the general direction and risk colliding with something. This can work for small ships, but the logistics of moving an entire fleet through uncharted space are just too great and take too long. It's easier and safer just to approach the planet from the hyperspace routes, so the defending fleet only has to blockade the nearside. default_classic.gif

You're forgetting something. If the Seps have an Interdecter-like shiop (Which, knowiung the Clone Wars, could happen) They could move it behind Kamino, and just bring in all the attacking forces to that point.

You're forgetting something. If the Seps have an Interdecter-like shiop (Which, knowiung the Clone Wars, could happen) They could move it behind Kamino, and just bring in all the attacking forces to that point.

That would bring them to the right place, but it wouldn't tell them what's in between. What if an uncharted black hole was in between their base world and Kamino?

"Sir, we're detecting an anomaly in our hyperspace path."

"Well, get rid of it."

"I'm sorry sir, but according to Lucas-physics law 234554.81372789, no ship in hyperspace may communicate, fire, or alter course while in hyperspace without special equipment."

"Why wasn't I informed of this equipment?"

"Because, sir, the total cost exceeds the limit Lord Tyrannus put on your MasterCard after the Malevolence fiasco."

"Grrrr- arghh!"

"Aaaaahhhhh!"

"Sithspawn!"

*BOOM! CRASH! SMASH!*

The Republic wins again!

That would bring them to the right place, but it wouldn't tell them what's in between. What if an uncharted black hole was in between their base world and Kamino?

"Sir, we're detecting an anomaly in our hyperspace path."

"Well, get rid of it."

"I'm sorry sir, but according to Lucas-physics law 234554.81372789, no ship in hyperspace may communicate, fire, or alter course while in hyperspace without special equipment."

"Why wasn't I informed of this equipment?"

"Because, sir, the total cost exceeds the limit Lord Tyrannus put on your MasterCard after the Malevolence fiasco."

"Grrrr- arghh!"

"Aaaaahhhhh!"

"Sithspawn!"

*BOOM! CRASH! SMASH!*

The Republic wins again!

Well it would explain how Skywalker yet again wins udner impossible odds default_laugh_new.gif

If they were smart, though, they'd have figured some of that stuff before hand, I think.

Well it would explain how Skywalker yet again wins udner impossible odds default_laugh_new.gif

If they were smart, though, they'd have figured some of that stuff before hand, I think.

Hey, it the Clone Wars TV-show for under 10s, what can you expect?

Star Wars is full of those things, though. It's kind of what makes it fun to discuss.

irreg0507.jpg

irreg0512.jpg

irreg0519.jpg

and,

irreg0109.jpg

Am I the only one to remember that Ventress already got onto Kamino in "Rookies"?

I don't remember her actually being on Kamino. If she was, why did they have to worry about the listning posts?

I don't remember her actually being on Kamino. If she was, why did they have to worry about the listning posts?

She sent a message to Grievous telling him that she was there and had prepared everything for the invasion. The listining post was needed to be taken down so the fleet could get to Kamino un-noticed.

She sent a message to Grievous telling him that she was there and had prepared everything for the invasion. The listining post was needed to be taken down so the fleet could get to Kamino un-noticed.

But if she'd gotten there unnoticed, why couldn't the fleet? Ah, Filoni. You've messed up again.

New video, spotlights on Matt and Anakin, mostly old shots but I did manage to pick out some new ones. Ziro the hutt has a confrontation with Anakin, don't know who that plays into the story though. About half way in there is a scene of a crashed venator with gunships flying away, might be a cool concept to explore. And lastly the end is really dedicated to an Anakin vs. Asajj on Kamino, their fighting all the way from the inner workings of Kamino to the platforms, I'm super excited now

clickey

But if she'd gotten there unnoticed, why couldn't the fleet? Ah, Filoni. You've messed up again.

I guess that's because one ship isn't as big as an entire fleet. :tongue: She probably had a ship with some special tech to get past everthing.

New video, spotlights on Matt and Anakin, mostly old shots but I did manage to pick out some new ones. Ziro the hutt has a confrontation with Anakin, don't know who that plays into the story though. About half way in there is a scene of a crashed venator with gunships flying away, might be a cool concept to explore. And lastly the end is really dedicated to an Anakin vs. Asajj on Kamino, their fighting all the way from the inner workings of Kamino to the platforms, I'm super excited now

clickey

Aw, it's another SW vid.

I'm glad that they've incorperated the platforms. I'm still hoping for a Battlefront-like fight...

I guess that's because one ship isn't as big as an entire fleet. :tongue: She probably had a ship with some special tech to get past everthing.

Another case of super-cheap CW cloaking shields. :tongue: