Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

They won't go as far as to kill Asajj, as she takes place later on in the war. They won't stretch it that far. The rest of it looks amazing.

Thanks alot for the link, really enjoyed it. Kamino looks brilliant and I cannot await it to see the first episodes! But still, what bugs me is that damn 1.5 trooper. Brings me nightmares. All my idea about the phase 1-2-3 armor is just wiped out if that is true. Yes, it gets more confusing and mixed up.

Here's my theory- all the '1.5' troopers we've seen all seem to be fairly important, with kamas, pauldrons, color markings, and some sort of extra armor. I think these might be some sort of special unit, that is simply testing the armor. Hence, they haven't changed the fin yet.

I hope they change the clones' armor for phase II. It bugs me how the only thing they ever change with a new unit is the helmet. ARF troopers- same body. Senate Commandos? Same body (all right, they're not clones, but still.). The only troops who have different armor pieces are the Republic Commandos and the Cold Assault troopers.

They won't go as far as to kill Asajj, as she takes place later on in the war. They won't stretch it that far. The rest of it looks amazing.

Oh, just you wait. If they can give Anakin a Padawan, make Mandalorians pacifists, and screw up the Boba timeline, they can mess with Asajj, too.

Oh, just you wait. If they can give Anakin a Padawan, make Mandalorians pacifists, and screw up the Boba timeline, they can mess with Asajj, too.

I know that, and they probably will, but I'm positive they won't go as far as killing her.

If no one's already posted it,

StarWars.com Article

Grrr, now they've ruined the Dathomir story, too. And did someone forget that Maul's particular species is all red, and the black is Sith tatoos?

EDIT: Good news, "Lucas' daughter Katie extensively researched the Expanded Universe when writing the set of scripts for the Ventress story arc."

Edited by Brickdoctor

I know that, and they probably will, but I'm positive they won't go as far as killing her.

If my memory serves me correctly, they did kill her off in the original Cartoon Clone Wars, and quite surprisingly fast too.

I wouldn't mind if they killed her sometime. I'm ready for some big-name characters to start dying, it would make the whole War seem more urgent. Up to now, the only people that die are characters that haven't had much screen-time anyway, except Farr, I suppose.

If my memory serves me correctly, they did kill her off in the original Cartoon Clone Wars, and quite surprisingly fast too.

Nope- she survived that. And besides, this is after that encounter.

If Assaj leaves the series in some way, I want to see Durge make a comeback. He'd look so awesome in the new animated style! :cry_happy:

Perhaps Maul's people have the markings because they wanted to honour him as a great warrior?

She survived and disappeared into space on a medical ship.

Durge was the one that was killed. He was sent into a star by Anakin in the comics.

In fact,

Durge was also originally going to appear as the first bounty hunter in the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Supervising Director Dave Filoni and writer Henry Gilroy considered reimagining Durge as a Human character, redesigning his alien features and keeping his armor. However, the exploration was short-lived, and was ultimately dropped in favor of a new Duros character named Cad Bane.

Perhaps Maul's people have the markings because they wanted to honour him as a great warrior?

Here's Maul, pre-tatooing:

130px-YoungDarthMaul.jpg

Here's Mual, receiving tatoos:

180px-DarthMaulGettingHisTatoos.jpg

Wookieepedia says,

Marked by Sith tattoos that covered his entire muscular body

Filoni you idiot! Durge would've made a way better hunter than Bane! Yes, he's pretty good, but Durge is classic! Mysterious! Sweet! I imagine The Clone Wars' motto is 'Why borrow when something when you can make your own?'

Filoni you idiot! Durge would've made a way better hunter than Bane! Yes, he's pretty good, but Durge is classic! Mysterious! Sweet! I imagine The Clone Wars' motto is 'Why borrow when something when you can make your own?'

Better than using only existing characters and totally contradicting every expanded universe story? Pretty sure there'd be more complaints about that. New characters are better, because you don't know what happens to them, how they end (if they do). We already know Aurra Sing is alive and survives. We don't know what will happen to Cad Bane though!

Better than using only existing characters and totally contradicting every expanded universe story? Pretty sure there'd be more complaints about that. New characters are better, because you don't know what happens to them, how they end (if they do). We already know Aurra Sing is alive and survives. We don't know what will happen to Cad Bane though!

True, but I'd still like to se esome classic charecters. In fact, I wouldn't mind a Cloney Fordo.(no pun intended)

I found a less than ideal clip of Baron Papanoida: The Baron. Hope George does the voice :thumbup: . Also found that a Hasbro toy list for TCW has a Quinlan Vos figure in the mix so we should be seeing him late this season. I hope Khaleen joins him :wub: .

That is great news about a Vos figure. The one thing I like about Dave Feloni is that he likes to pull in characters and themes from the EU, which many of us fans enjoy. I can only hope that Lego creates a Vos minifigure for the future.

By the way, starwars.com has a video introduction to Savage Opress. It is on the front page.

http://www.starwars.com/

Edited by djmangunz

That is great news about a Vos figure. The one thing I like about Dave Feloni is that he likes to pull in characters and themes from the EU, which many of us fans enjoy. I can only hope that Lego creates a Vos minifigure for the future.

I certainly hope so. I think the only way TLG would release a Vos MF is if he makes an appearance in the CW series, which is a sort of a stepping stone for the recent jedi MFs (Aayla, Barriss, the late Nahdar, and the rumored Shaak & Saesee for Season 3). If only Lucas/Filoni stuck with the originally planned appearance of Vos in the Bombad Jedi episode in Season 1, there's a big chance we might have the Vos MF by now. Vos is a much more interesting character compared to Adi Gallia or Eeth Koth IMO, so it's quite disappointing they still haven't made him by now. But let's see what happens, we don't know, Season 3 might pull-off a surprise by showing Vos, or perhaps in the next seasons of CW.

On Shaak Ti:

Yeah and we are getting a minifig based on that... damn it. I really hope they make her Bariss-Offee-ish rather than with cute-protruding eyes!

Cute? Those eyes are hideous in my dictionary. default_laugh2.gif I completely agree that the Bariss-Offee-ish eyes is a rather acceptable alternative to those hideous CW eyes. I hope they do that with Shaak and the next CW-based jedis/characters (though I know it's unlikely).

Edited by KielDaMan

... CW-based jedis/characters ...

The word Jedi is both singular and plural you know. :tongue:

For me, the commandos are the pinnacle of EU awesomeness that Feloni has incorporated into the Clone Wars so far. Kimino and Mandos are great, but specific EU characters are what really interest me. Also, I think that the show can do a better job of showing off the ships and technology of the Star Wars universe. The best part of the original cartoon was how popular it made the gunship by featuring it almost as a character, like the Muunilinst 10 LAAT.

Does anyone have a headcount of how many Jedi council members have been featured on the show so far? I mean real members, not the made-up characters that get tossed in the show.

Does anyone have a headcount of how many Jedi council members have been featured on the show so far? I mean real members, not the made-up characters that get tossed in the show.

On my count it'll be 11 jedis members featured in the TCW series (including Season 3):

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

4. Plo Koon

5. Kit Fisto

6. Ki-Adi-Mundi

7. Adi Gallia

8. Eeth Koth

9. Shaak Ti - Season 3

10. Saesee Tiin - Season 3

11. Anakin Skywalker - not yet a member on the series, but will become one during the final days of the council (RoTS)

If you would like to be more technical, Dooku was also part of the Jedi High Council before he defected to the dark side.

Side Note: 6 Jedi High Council members already have minifigures (plus 2 more if the Shaak Ti/Saesee rumors are true).

Edited by KielDaMan

On my count it'll be 11 jedis members featured in the TCW series (including Season 3):

:tongue:

Those ghosts could be holograms or the Sith Witches using magic to avenge the attack on Assaj, because if you look closely they look very similar to Assaj herself.

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

4. Plo Koon

5. Kit Fisto

6. Ki-Adi-Mundi

7. Adi Gallia

8. Eeth Koth

9. Shaak Ti - Season 3

10. Saesee Tiin - Season 3

11. Anakin Skywalker - not yet a member on the series, but will become one during the final days of the council (RoTS)

If you would like to be more technical, Dooku was also part of the Jedi High Council before he defected to the dark side.

Side Note: 6 Jedi High Council members already have minifigures (plus 2 more if the Shaak Ti/Saesee rumors are true).

Fantastic, thanks KielDaMan! That was exactly what I was looking for.

True, but I'd still like to se esome classic charecters. In fact, I wouldn't mind a Cloney Fordo.(no pun intended)

I have to agree with Artanis; better a new Clone Commander/ARC Trooper that to mar an existing one.

I have to agree with Artanis; better a new Clone Commander/ARC Trooper that to mar an existing one.

But Fordo is so vauge a charecter that they could pull it off without wreaking him. We know little about him, and he's the sweetest clone I've seen.

But Fordo is so vauge a charecter that they could pull it off without wreaking him. We know little about him, and he's the sweetest clone I've seen.

The problem is that he'd end up looking like just another clone commander that we've seen- red markings, pauldron, funny CW-edition kama, and two pistols. That's it. We just don't know enough about him to make him different enough from any other clone, other than that he favors heavy weaponry. Maybe if we got the phase II version of him?

Is it possible they've made out Fordo to be that ARC phase 1.5 trooper? :look:

:tongue:

Those ghosts could be holograms or the Sith Witches using magic to avenge the attack on Assaj, because if you look closely they look very similar to Assaj herself.

Oh my, I'm so sorry if I keep on pluralizing the word jedis, I guess I'm not that proficient in the SWU grammar I suppose. :tongue:

Here's a look at what Vos will look like: link.

Thanks for sharing the link Nightwing. I highlighted Vos and reposted the pic for the benefit of everyone. Vos looks good IMO, so it's confirmed then that he will appear in Season 3? Here's hoping we could have a Vos MF in 2011. If we'll get Vos, and Shaak and Saesee next year, it will be definitely a good year for new jedi minifigs.

4912698026_2454a3fd16.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan