Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

If I were lucas, I wouldn't care for EU neither. It's his show and story and he can do whatever he wants. I totally understand him.

Piell's death made me so sad and made the episode awesome in my eyes because I felt some emotions. I think that's much better than just read that he was killed by troopers.

Go Lucas!

Edited by Surfer

I think this reaction to Fallenangel is a bit harsh. I don't know him personally or what his situation is, but I'm sure he's aware of what's going on in Japan. That being said, this is a forum specifically to talk about Lego Star Wars, not the tragedy in Japan.

For alot of us, this hobby is a break from our lives which can otherwise be, at times, stressful, and also at times, filled with tragedy.

Cut Fallenangel some slack. He didn't do anything wrong by doing what he's supposed to do in a forum.

True in a way - but this is meant to be discussion on season 3 of this TV show, not a place to CONTINUALLY say "TCW is balls because EU (The Definitive Source Of Everything :laugh: ) says this:..." and "George Lucas & TLG are ruining my life by getting it so wrong again & again" which is the impression I'm getting from a few posters, of which Fallenangel is but one. Either they're deliberately exaggerating without using enough smileys, or they put far too much weight on trivial things, and make the forum a negative read far more than it should be. Does that make sense & seem reasonable? You don't have to like everything, but why get so hung up on something that isn't real - and ruin the mood for everyone else? :wacko: Please note I am not referring to posts like "I didn't like the way..." but more "these people ought to be shot for..." & "how dare George..." etc. PM me people if you really wish to take this further.

I think it's pretty well understood that apart from the movies, TCW creators do not care about where they fit in the EU timeline. It doesn't matter if she isn't in Labyrinth of Evil because they don't care. If you guys don't like it, well I don't think you will like the other two or more seasons as they will keep doing it.

I think that Ahsoka is a much better character than many from the EU as she has been so well developed and we are starting to maybe understand where her future could go :thumbup:

I also think that Master Piell's death was much better than the one in Coruscant Nights One and actually made me feel something for him. Great episode and so excited for the end of the season with everyone's favourite wookie!! :classic:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Thanks for your useful input & making this topic worth reading, it's a good point.

If I were lucas, I wouldn't care for EU neither. It's his show and story and he can do whatever he wants. I totally understand him.

Piell's death made me so sad and made the episode awesome in my eyes because I felt some emotions. I think that's much better than just read that he was killed by troopers.

Go Lucas!

...again: thank you, & I agree.

True in a way - but this is meant to be discussion on season 3 of this TV show, not a place to CONTINUALLY say "TCW is balls because EU (The Definitive Source Of Everything :laugh: ) says this:..." and "George Lucas & TLG are ruining my life by getting it so wrong again & again" which is the impression I'm getting from a few posters, of which Fallenangel is but one. Either they're deliberately exaggerating without using enough smileys, or they put far too much weight on trivial things, and make the forum a negative read far more than it should be. Does that make sense & seem reasonable? You don't have to like everything, but why get so hung up on something that isn't real - and ruin the mood for everyone else? :wacko: Please note I am not referring to posts like "I didn't like the way..." but more "these people ought to be shot for..." & "how dare George..." etc. PM me people if you really wish to take this further.

Ranting like this just brings you down to the same level that they are. If you have a problem, I would suggest being the bigger person, ignore it, and add things to positively influence the the discussion. I understand how they can be a bit annoying sometimes, how they seem like really hardcore fans looking for the most accurate things, and bashing anything less, and to the fan who is just looking for some thrills can see it bog down the forum, but you have to just let it be. Relax, and enjoy the forum for what it is :classic:

I thought this last episode was quite good. Even Piells death was really well done, but I was a bit surprised not to see any blood. I really wanted to see some blood :devil: , but then I realized theres never any blood in TCW *huh* , maybe it's just a bit to hard to animate in CGI. Oh well, Ashoka really surprised me when she killed Sobek, I think it shows some nice character development :classic: , reminiscent of when Anakin killed the assassin on the Coronet in season 2.

Even Piells death was really well done, but I was a bit surprised not to see any blood. I really wanted to see some blood :devil: , but then I realized theres never any blood in TCW *huh* , maybe it's just a bit to hard to animate in CGI.

It could be that it raises the "violence scale" and this show is already "pushing it" with the PG rating! Or since they don't need it for lightsabre wounds they've just been avoiding using it to save the effort of creating something for 1 scene?

edit: double post...

Edited by Artanis I

I've really enjoyed the last 3-episode story arc. The story was well written, had some character development and the Republic suffered some losses. The only thing that could have been improved was the rescue. It was just too easy for the Republic to rescue the group on the surface. There was barely any resistance.

Two simple words, and my philosophy on this matter: Custom Canon. Star wars is taken so seriously that it's almost a religion to some of us. Now when your part of a religion sometimes you don't agree with 100% of the beliefs...and nobody said you had to. So, ask yourself, what's YOUR belief? Did Piel die here? Or did he live after order 66? Or did he never exist? I pick and choose what I believe in, not the G-Canon, not always the EU, but mine. Personally, I don't consider Anikan to have taken on any padawan(Not in TFU, Not in TCW). I believe the SW saga, I enjoy TCW, see the difference? Why spend so much time debating the Eu and prior back story, when you could be perfecting a MOC, or customizing your canon, or doing non-lego stuff. I'm not going to partake in any more debates, because it's just silly. Before we know it, personal outbreaks and member-on-member vendettas will start, and we can't have that. I wish you all have a similar revelation to mine soon, or else your gonna have a tough time over the future seasons of TCW and whatever TCW brings. It's a story, not a textbook. :sweet:

Also a reminder about the EU: Remember EU could be a 5 year old sitting at his computer, or some college kids writing a comic book series. Wookiepedia is a Wiki. Lucas didn't write that all, his hands would have bled off and turned into dust if he had.

Edited by DobbyClone

I concur with DobbyClone. Personally I avoid all the arguments. It's not worth it and I get nothing out of it. I love everything about Star Wars, always have, always will. It was a big part of my childhood and now it's a part of my children's childhood. I enjoy watching TCW with my kids and they enjoy watching it. It's cool hearing them talk about the show, seeing their disappointment and excitement when they watch something that's flat out cool to them.

If it's "flat out cool" to them, why are they disappointed? :wink:

Back on topic: They really seem to emphasize Ahsoka's dark side this season, and then that hint at the end of the last commentary... I believe her end might be coming soon. Maybe even in the season finale? Like Mr. Filoni says, we'll have to wait and see.

Right now, I'm not terribly excited for the finale. Maybe it's because this season has been such a letdown, or maybe it's because I don't know yet what the heck it's about. All I got from the previews is that Chewbacca will be in it, which is not that big of a deal for me. :sceptic:

If it's "flat out cool" to them, why are they disappointed? :wink:

Disappointed because the characters die sometimes, their favorite people lose the fight, etc. Not disappointed because the show sucks in the context of Star Wars. That's what I think he meant anyway.

I highly doubt Ahsoka will die this season. There are two (three?) seasons already lined up for the future, so killing her off this early does not seem like something they would do. Give it a season or a season and a half.

Disappointed because the characters die sometimes, their favorite people lose the fight, etc. Not disappointed because the show sucks in the context of Star Wars. That's what I think he meant anyway.

I highly doubt Ahsoka will die this season. There are two (three?) seasons already lined up for the future, so killing her off this early does not seem like something they would do. Give it a season or a season and a half.

Well, I would hate for them to end the show leaving behind more unanswered questions than answered ones. Like, for example, where will Savage go? Where will Ahsoka go? I think as long as they close up shop, it's all good. My vote would be they end the season with the chancellors kidnapping, just take the mini-series story and put it into TCW.

Okay guys, I think I owe everyone here an apology for being overly anal about The Clone Wars. Artanis I is right, it really doesn't matter all that much. I personally just don't like retcons in general, consequential or otherwise, but I guess since the Republic comics (and certainly the Expanded Universe books) aren't technically part of Lucas' universe no "real" retcons have been made. Besides, when you get right down to it George's story is the Original Trilogy and the rest is for the fanboys who wanted more. (And of course they got it.) I'll just wash my hands of this now...

To go off what brickartist said, I personally think that since the Neo-Clone Wars takes place within the approximated six-month montage in the '03 series it would make sense to end the series with the invasion of Bomis Koori IV as seen in the beginning of Chapter 22. This would not only allow the series to fit within the timeline of the '03 series (as was probably intended) but go out with a bang. And seeing as we saw next to nothing of the invasion in the '03 series... no retcons!

Reading this talk about EU and retcons is hilarious, because Lucas pretty much retconned ANH on the release of ESB.

Edited by simonjedi

My vote would be they end the season with the chancellors kidnapping, just take the mini-series story and put it into TCW.

Do you mean end the series that way? Perhaps this is a misunderstanding due to different meanings of words in different countries; I just meant that they would not kill off Ahsoka in the current set of episodes, season 3. I am sure they will tie up her story line as well as the story line of Savage before the entire series is over, which will be a few years from now anyhow.

Reading this talk about EU and retcons is hilarious, because Lucas pretty much retconned ANH on the release of ESB.

Yeah, I guess. I mean, the line 'I am your father' is the result of a retcon, and the Star Wars movies themselves are famous for having so many retcons. Eh, whatever...

Yeah, from a certain point of view. :look::laugh:
Besides, when you get right down to it George's story is the Original Trilogy and the rest is for the fanboys who wanted more. (And of course they got it.)
So true, and I'd say we/they got what was deserved! :blush:

Yeah, I'm not sure what they'll do with ending the show. It's highly possible they'll intermingle this and the other Clone Wars cartoon timeline. You'd think there would be some sort of exciting climax, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Palpatine "kidnapping" and Coruscant invasion was rewritten. (Whether it should really be done or not.) If they're feeling non-nasty, they may even re-animate it without changing the story...

But then again the world ends next year so we won't get to that point anyway :laugh:

Glad there are no hard feelings.

So true, and I'd say we/they got what was deserved! :blush:

Yeah, I'm not sure what they'll do with ending the show. It's highly possible they'll intermingle this and the other Clone Wars cartoon timeline. You'd think there would be some sort of exciting climax, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Palpatine "kidnapping" and Coruscant invasion was rewritten. (Whether it should really be done or not.) If they're feeling non-nasty, they may even re-animate it without changing the story...

But then again the world ends next year so we won't get to that point anyway :laugh:

Of course, it's also possible that this 'exciting climax' could be Ahsoka's fate. I wasn't kidding when I said I thought she would turn to the dark side, because that is how things seem to be going.

I didn't know people still believed that. :laugh:

Of course, it's also possible that this 'exciting climax' could be Ahsoka's fate. I wasn't kidding when I said I thought she would turn to the dark side, because that is how things seem to be going.

I didn't know people still believed that. default_laugh_new.gif

Yeah, Ahsoka going to the Dark Side seems to be the best way out. AFter all, the whole thing would be to see how Anakin would react to losing his padawan, and losing her this way would bring him to the brink and beyond- likely into the position he is in Ep.3

And as for that last thing, I have a strong belief the Mayan Calnders were actually pizza delievery dates default_laugh_new.gif But that's not important. default_laugh_new.gif

Yeah, Ahsoka going to the Dark Side seems to be the best way out.

Thats the Star Wars "artistic" way to go. Like shooting yourself. (Art/Death jokes, I love 'em.)

Yeah, Ahsoka going to the Dark Side seems to be the best way out. AFter all, the whole thing would be to see how Anakin would react to losing his padawan, and losing her this way would bring him to the brink and beyond- likely into the position he is in Ep.3

I forgot about that extremely obvious one (that we've been speculating from the very start)! I honestly didn't think they'd do a good enough job with it to actually make it a good climax, I wasn't really happy with the transpiring of Anakin's fall in ep3 - it seemed too sudden & drastic to be realistic to me. But then again much of PT had script/dialogue issues...

Ahsoka Tano's fate: Death or Dishonour?

Here's my nightmare-The series ending with R2, Ahsoka, Rex, and Anikan all facing with their backs facing the camera, and the show just ends. No explanation, just a little "And they live happily ever after fighting for the republic", "Wait what, anikan didn't have a padawan in RotS?...Really?"..."Writers, anything?"..."Nobody?"..."Yes you in the back." "Oh, uh,ok, so... Ahsoka was behind Anikan in an Arc-170, when she was uhm...tragically shot down by a Tri-fighter....uhmm..yeah that's what happened." :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

But then again much of PT had script/dialogue issues...

Three words: I hate sand.

But honestly, I doubt they'll end the series that way. The writors slip up sometimes, but they wouldn't leave the series wide open like that.

But honestly, I doubt they'll end the series that way. The writors slip up sometimes, but they wouldn't leave the series wide open like that.

Well, if it allows for spin-offs (read, more merchandise) I'm sure Lucas would allow it.

"Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made."

Watching the CW, I've come to think more and more that SW is a relative thing- it all depends on when you grew up, or what you read or saw before you saw the other thing. In this sense, it's better than real life. As the saying goes: "You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts." Except in SW, you are allowed your own facts. :laugh:

I think I've moved into simply critiquing the story as it is. I'm trying to critique the plot, the dialogue, and model design rather than the continuity of the shows. This show no longer really registers with me on my version of SW.

Three words: I hate sand.

But honestly, I doubt they'll end the series that way. The writers slip up sometimes, but they wouldn't leave the series wide open like that.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

5415177326_646f04daa2_o.gif

"Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made."

:laugh:

I finally got around to seeing the last two episodes. :blush: So brace yourselves for: Mandy's* Minor Nitpick Hour! *hesitant applause*

My biggest complaint here is that Echoe's death was taken too lightly. I wasn't expecting the Jedi to care, too much. It would have been a nice addition if Rex had taken Fives aside and given him some sort of consolation/encouragement, whether a few words or a pat on the back.

The story writes have gotten into the habit of using non-important characters (ex. the clones) as disposable. They need to show the prison as scary and intimidating, so they knock off a clone here and a clone there. This has gotten to the point where I stop caring about the main characters, and focus on the minor characters. I'll pick a random clone (in this episode, one of the clone officers with a headset) and cheer for him. He made it! Yaay!

The main characters now seem to be NPCs- non-playable characters. If anyone has played an RPG or a tabletop game, they know the feeling. NPCs are annoying, they get in the way, and you can't kill them off, no matter how many times you shoot them. The main characters- Obi, Anakin, Rex, and to some extent Ahsoka are this way. We know they can't die, and we know how they end up at the end of the films. Thus, there is very little room for character growth.

Model design: Really, what's the point of equipping a gunship with giant headlights? They should already have lights, and even better- sensors. A turret ball would be just as good. Better. I also thought all gunships were airtight, but that might not be true. The only gunships I've heard (read. EU here) traveling in space were equipped with clones. With air supplies. Huh.

All in all, an interesting plot arc, but not particularly memorable. It lacked the suspense of other arcs, like the Mandalore arc. I really wanted to see what would happen to them. Here, the outcome was never really in doubt.

I look forward to the finale. Chewbacca! Retcons, ahoy! Trandoshans!

*Shadows gave me this.

Heres parts 1 and 2 of Padawan Lost :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSZ3hmIA7c&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpejH_LbQ1I&feature=channel_video_title

Boost and Sinker appeared but Chewbacca didn't he will only appear in Wookie Hunt...

EDIT: Those Trandoshan speeders would make one sweet Lego set!!! :grin:

Edited by commanderneyo