Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

I like the new ahsoka. Its great that shes getting older so maybe some deeper character story arcs for her would be nice. Its really nice to see a change but I do think they are milking the dual lightsabres a bit too much now. Her backwards grip was better than the standard. Two just seems to be a change because its a change. They could at least say in an episode why she now suddenly has two.

Yeah, Ahsoka is becoming more and more like Starkiller... Not sure it's a good thing... though I do like the new look.

Oh, you're right- I get those two names so confused default_laugh_new.gif .

LEGO_facepalm.gif

New webcomic's up by the way.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for the links commanderneyo, it's really nice to see the how the characters evolve as the series approach Ep.III. Obi-wan's and Anakins' new outfits do look like the ones in RoTS, except for Obi-wan's weird open fleet circle logo on his arms.

cwnewlook_sm.jpg

I love the new looks a lot! I really, really hope the series starts doing more battles when the looks roll out because they give the show a new look.

No, it was definitely a reference to ToD. See the episode's "Secrets Revealed" section on StarWars.com. They're quite interesting to read. :wink:

Concerning Ashoka's new look, is it just me, or are the horn-like things that she has for hair getting longer? A weird thing to notice, I know, but I always thought she was the same species as Shaak Ti, therefore should look similar as she grows older.

Not liking the double lightsabers too much, though. First it was the style of how she held the lightsaber, and now it's two of them, exactly like Starkiller.

To be fair, she had the reverse grip style before Starkiller and both were based on Quinlan Vos.

The double lightsabers was teased some time back too, when you inputed a secret code on the Cartoon Network site. I'd say it's more of a coincidence that both characters have turned out with somewhat similar styles.

Though again I'd point out that Ahsoka does these because of her agility. It makes sense to have a second saber, more for defence. (which isn't held backwards and is shorter). Unlike Starkillers approach of just constantly holding two backwards and looking utterly ridiculous :P

The new looks are great. It's neat that we're finally moving towards Ep. III styles, and also we'll be able to tell which episodes are prequels. :grin: The only 'negative' bit I see is Obi-wan's funny Open Circle symbol on his armor. Plus his legs and arms seem awfully skinny now with that armor gone. :look:

I think my favorite costume change is Anakin's. Now he actually looks more like Anakin, in my opinion.

ahsoka_bg.jpg

I think my favorite costume change is Anakin's. Now he actually looks more like Anakin, in my opinion.

I have to agree- everything's better about him. I like how they've also slightly altered the hair.

Finally got around to seeing Hunt for Ziro. :blush:

Overall, I thought it was a great episode. A little strange, but Quinlan Vos and the dance number made it great. :grin: The dialogue was pretty good, too.

However, I do have some nitpicks:

-Sy Snootle's voice was annoying. She didn't sound anything like she did in RTOJ.

-They tried too hard to make the Hutts look like real world gangsters.

-Ziro died too easily. I remember from somewhere that Hutts are very resistant to injury. All that blubber, you see.

-Cad Bane is now an exact copy of Jango Fett. The only things we were missing were saberdarts and flamethrowers, and we just got both. He's also a bit overpowered now. His blaster bolts can blow up cliffsides. I thought he was bad at close-range combat, after Ahsoka whupped him in the beginning of season 2, but apparently not.

The new looks are great. It's neat that we're finally moving towards Ep. III styles, and also we'll be able to tell which episodes are prequels. :grin: The only 'negative' bit I see is Obi-wan's funny Open Circle symbol on his armor. Plus his legs and arms seem awfully skinny now with that armor gone. :look: I think my favorite costume change is Anakin's. Now he actually looks more like Anakin, in my opinion.

I agree, the three look pretty good. The Open Circle symbol is weird because it's a symbol that you usually only see on vehicles and their pilots, and Obi certainly isn't the pilot type.

I wonder if we'll see minifig versions of these designs too, and if so, if we'll get new hair pieces for them.

-Sy Snootle's voice was annoying. She didn't sound anything like she did in RTOJ.

RTOJ? Retire The Old Jedi? :tongue:

-They tried too hard to make the Hutts look like real world gangsters.

That's true. The idea behind it was good, but seeing Hutts with fine clothing, momocles, etc. was just weird. :sceptic:

-Cad Bane is now an exact copy of Jango Fett. The only things we were missing were saberdarts and flamethrowers, and we just got both. He's also a bit overpowered now. His blaster bolts can blow up cliffsides. I thought he was bad at close-range combat, after Ahsoka whupped him in the beginning of season 2, but apparently not.

I noticed those similarities as well, but they don't bother me. Anything that makes Cad Bane cooler than he already is is fine in my book.

I always thought he kinda let her win in order to trick her into letting her guard down which allowed him to stun her. The other time, when they captured him, it was more Anakin who defeated him.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

As Oky pointed out it's pretty obvious to tell and the Moment I saw Ahsoka beat Bane in Cargo of Doom I knew he had tricked Her and was going to knock her out easily :thumbup:

-Sy Snootle's voice was annoying. She didn't sound anything like she did in RTOJ

Sy Snootle never spoke on Rotj though.

New character designs look really good. ETA 2 Jedi Starfighters please :cry_happy:

Edited by simonjedi

Yes! I guessed right! :sweet: And my, what a great design! Can't wait to see that as a minifig! :wub:

Sy Snootle never spoke on Rotj though.

She did. Sort of. She sings in Jabba's Palace and says "Uh oh." :laugh: Hardly substantive evidence, I know, as good singers can sound quite different if they want to. However, her voice doesn't quite 'fit', IMO.

And another new Model!!! Can you guess who? (Don't click the link before guessing please.) :cry_happy:

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/78/33/83/443px-10.jpg

Hmmm. (Alright, I cheated- I looked without guessing.) I'm not sure I like this new model. I think his old outfit was fairly accurate, except for the vambraces. Most of it is fine- the red undershirt and Republic emblem on his chest kind of ruin it for me, though. :wacko:

I can only hope they redesign the models for the clones, too. Their design is atrocious and isn't accurate at all. It will be much harder to explain, however, since the entire army has to change their outfit. The Jedi only change their individual styles.

She sings in Jabba's Palace

Yes I remember. That.

I honestly would love to know how an adult human being could walk into a room and describe THAT with a straight face and not be instantly met by derisive laughter and forced out of the room.

Edited by simonjedi

Hmmm. (Alright, I cheated- I looked without guessing.) I'm not sure I like this new model. I think his old outfit was fairly accurate, except for the vambraces. Most of it is fine- the red undershirt and Republic emblem on his chest kind of ruin it for me, though. default_wacko.gif

I'm with you on this one. I actually like the jedi getting back to wearing old-school robes, but some of the additional elements they incorporate there really bugs me - Open Fleet Circle emblem on Obi-Wan's arms? Jedi logo on Mace's chest? And when did Mace have dark-colored attire? (his attire color has been consistently light tanish from Ep. I to III). It's not really a big issue, but they could've just made it simpler and went back to plain old jedi robes with no weird prints/symbols.

Just saw the new episode, and the wheels are in motion.

I believe that this episode marks the beginning of the end for Ashoka. It all starts with her new love interest, the son of whats-her-name who's a friend of Padme. I could see this attraction growing as the series progresses, with maybe a few of those forbidden love/'a jedi can never get married' plot lines, but the interesting part is that he's a separatist. I liked how they showed that the separatist have a valid point for starting the war, and I think that the lines between good and evil are starting to blur within the series. Like Ashoka says, "It's not all black and white anymore." I also thought it was interesting to see Palpy's reaction to hearing about a possibility of a negotiation, and cringed a little bit when he found out who proposed the idea.

The rest is just my speculation, but I think that they are laying the seeds for the end of Ashoka. Now that Palpy knows that there is someone in the CIA that wants to end the war, he is going to do whatever it takes to silence them before others follow suit. I believe that he'll probably end up ordering a republic attack on Raxxus (maybe even led by Anakin to sweeten the pot), and have Padme's friend and her son as the target, having them killed in battle/executed by clones or jedi. Of course, Ashoka won't be too happy about this, seeing her new boyfriend killed by the hands of the republic. I think that she would start to question who is really the good guy of the battle, the separatists or the republic. And, of course, this death leads her on her way to betraying Anakin and joining the dark side. She's already starting to go behind his back a little bit more, and pushes the boundaries a little further every time.

Of course, this is all just speculation from one episode, but Ashoka is starting to understand the side of the separatists, and question the choices of the republic. So will she trade in her green lightsabers for red? Only time will tell, but I say yes, especially since Dooku will want a new apprentice after Asajj escapes/is killed and Opress is done (I really can't see him staying longer than a one of story arc. I think he'll be gone by the end of this season or beginning of the next.).

And that's all I got. Not a bad episode, a little tedious at the beginning, but one that is meant to start off the chain of events.

This episode was indeed pretty good, especially for a political episode. The fate of the war was at stake, and when their plan failed at the last minute, I actually felt sympathy for Padme. The whole idea of heroes on both sides was good, and Ahsoka had some nice character development along the way. And yay for Grievous finally leading a successful mission! :thumbup: Those transformer droids were pretty cool!

Jedi logo on Mace's chest? And when did Mace have dark-colored attire? (his attire color has been consistently light tanish from Ep. I to III).

He was wearing his dark brown robe usually though, so he tended to have an overall dark appearance. Therefore, it's not too far fetched to have him wear dark clothes at one point during the war, I think. As for the symbol, I like it. It looked good on Ahsoka's JSF, and so it does on Mace's new outfit. It's also nice and subtle unlike Obi's OCF symbol which is much more random and noticeable.

I do agree, however, that the red undershirt seems a bit off. It almost makes him look like a Sith. :wacko:

The rest is just my speculation, but I think that they are laying the seeds for the end of Ashoka. Now that Palpy knows that there is someone in the CIA that wants to end the war, he is going to do whatever it takes to silence them before others follow suit. I believe that he'll probably end up ordering a republic attack on Raxxus (maybe even led by Anakin to sweeten the pot), and have Padme's friend and her son as the target, having them killed in battle/executed by clones or jedi. Of course, Ashoka won't be too happy about this, seeing her new boyfriend killed by the hands of the republic. I think that she would start to question who is really the good guy of the battle, the separatists or the republic. And, of course, this death leads her on her way to betraying Anakin and joining the dark side. She's already starting to go behind his back a little bit more, and pushes the boundaries a little further every time.

Of course, this is all just speculation from one episode, but Ashoka is starting to understand the side of the separatists, and question the choices of the republic. So will she trade in her green lightsabers for red? Only time will tell, but I say yes, especially since Dooku will want a new apprentice after Asajj escapes/is killed and Opress is done (I really can't see him staying longer than a one of story arc. I think he'll be gone by the end of this season or beginning of the next.).

Ashoka? CIA? Are you still talking about Star Wars? :wacko::laugh:

Wow. You got all of that from this one episode? :look: It's a possibility, I guess, but a rather far-fetched one if you ask me. I think you are just trying to find an excuse for Ahsoka to die. :tongue:

Too bad we didn't get a preview for the next episode and have to wait two weeks again just to get another political episode. :sceptic:

Oky a few points

1. Grievous techincally didn't succesfully lead it it was the droids who did the work he could never do.

2. New Pursuit of peace preview

3. That new Mace model was actually supposed to be his original model for the Clone wars but it got changed.

Just watched the episode!

Now I kind of agree with Tinn-man here. There were moments where it looked like Ahsoka was intrigued by the Separatists. Especially the quote, "It's not all black and white anymore" which I think was a strange thing to say. She really took a shining to the boy and if she is to switch I think he will be the main influence. I really do hope she gets a massive plot arc exploring this sometime soon.

Did else anyone see both her lightsabres on her belt? I was annoyed at why they did explain why she has them.