Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

The new Ryloth triolgy (that's right it's another 3 parter) will be a prequel to the episode "Ambush"!

Link

What's up with these prequels lately? I really don't get the point of "jumping around" the storyline as Filoni said in the article. I'd rather have a chronological flow of the storyline than prequels of past episodes. I bet kids, or even some adult fans, will get confused with this. default_wacko.gif

By the way, did anyone watch MAD last night? It had a hilarious (though rather silly) parody of The Clone Wars! :laugh: Check the CN website for it next week!

It's posted now! It's toward the end. If you can't see it, you can watch it on mastertoons (where you can also find CW episodes). :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

What's up with these prequels lately? I really don't get the point of "jumping around" the storyline as Filoni said in the article. I'd rather have a chronological flow of the storyline than prequels of past episodes. I bet kids, or even some adult fans, will get confused with this. default_wacko.gif

That's exactly what OT fans said after Episode I, II, and III were released, and everything turned out fine. :tongue:

That's exactly what OT fans said after Episode I, II, and III were released, and everything turned out fine. default_tong.gif

Yeah you're right about that, but those were movies, and were pretty acceptable, compared to these short 20-minute episodes. Makes me wonder Filoni and his team might be running out of new stuff to show the audience. They keep 'recycling' characters, locations, and story plots in these prequels that they could've just put these stories together with the orginal episodes.

Anyway, enough of this rant. As D-Sion said, as long as the episodes are good then there's no problem.

The new Ryloth triolgy (that's right it's another 3 parter) will be a prequel to the episode "Ambush"!

Link

Where is that info from?- i cannot find any source that states this being 3-parter :sceptic: ... looks like you read wrong- it says this takes place before 3-part story arc.... but i think it's still stand-alone episode... it may be 3-parter though but i hope we will see Asajj trilogy next... i find it more interesting than 3 parts of ryloth again :sadnew: ... next episodes have following names: "Sphere of Influence, Corruption and Academy" so i think we will go on Dathomir soon- there is "corruption" and "academy"... oh i hope that "academy" will indeed be an ancient sith academy on Dathomir.... and not some prequel with Ahsoka reading to her exams in jedi temple... :cry_sad:

Yeah you're right about that, but those were movies, and were pretty acceptable, compared to these short 20-minute episodes. Makes me wonder Filoni and his team might be running out of new stuff to show the audience. They keep 'recycling' characters, locations, and story plots in these prequels that they could've just put these stories together with the orginal episodes.

Anyway, enough of this rant. As D-Sion said, as long as the episodes are good then there's no problem.

TCW have been recycling the locations and characters all the time... creating some new and then recycling again.... Lightsaber lost was excellent example- whole coruscant was populated with previously used character models :tongue:.... one thing they don't recycle is the villains (except Grievous, Dooku, Bane and Ventress of course)- we haven't seen Nuvo Vindi or Lok Durd after season1 :cry_sad: I want to see them again... and i'm also sure that Admiral Trench survived that explosion - here is 3 reasons why i think so:

1.Because he is member of harch species- never before seen on screen (remember how hard it was to kill Durge :tongue: ) he can be very tough- also he survived once before- and TCW-episodes don't tend to have unnecessary facts....

2. Because his death was not mentioned in the episode guide which usually makes notes of such important happenings

3. He was too cool not to be used again :laugh:... and they have animated him already.... hey that was actually 4 reasons :sweet:

I want to see them again... and i'm also sure that Admiral Trench survived that explosion - here is 3 reasons why i think so:

1.Because he is member of harch species- never before seen on screen (remember how hard it was to kill Durge :tongue: ) he can be very tough- also he survived once before- and TCW-episodes don't tend to have unnecessary facts....

2. Because his death was not mentioned in the episode guide which usually makes notes of such important happenings

3. He was too cool not to be used again :laugh:... and they have animated him already.... hey that was actually 4 reasons :sweet:

He was cool, I'd b happy to see him again. Maybe with the loss of one arm though.

What's more, I didn't like how they focused on falling debris. Surely that happens in LOADS of space battles and nobody pays it any attention. We see it for the first time and all of a sudden it's a big problem. I know it was crucial to the story, but I didn't like how it was done.

The "debris" was somewhat less chaotic and shrapnel-like on this occasion, and more like structured pieces of something... the eye of a jedi might pick this sort of thing up. Plus the ships just seemed to disintegrate rather than hold together for a time before exploding - arousing suspicion. When you're suspicious you keep your eyes open for anything else unusual.

Makes me wonder Filoni and his team might be running out of new stuff to show the audience. They keep 'recycling' characters, locations, and story plots in these prequels that they could've just put these stories together with the orginal episodes.

At least besides the movie we haven't been to Tatooine (as far as I recall). Every movie had @!#&@ Tatooine again and again.

<snip> we haven't seen Nuvo Vindi or Lok Durd after season1 :cry_sad: I want to see them again... and i'm also sure that Admiral Trench survived that explosion <snip>

Both Vindi and Lok Durd were already captured by the Republic so it's highly improbable that they'll be back. Unless, Filoni and his team does the 'impossible' and miraculously revives them... But Adm. Trench is a good possibility, I actually liked his character and it's a shame he was 'forced to diassappear' after only one episode. But I hope he'll do an Aurra-comback. :classic:

Personally, I've been wating for Mar Tuuk- he 'escaped' just so Lucas could use him again, but we still haven't seen him since Shadow of Ryloth. m,aybe he'll be in this trilogy.

Shame about that huge spoiler in the article default_hmpf.gif

New webcomic is up. Unfortunately it has a very weird style. Anakin looks like he's wearing lipstick in one of the pictures :wacko: and it involves a Hutt who's even fatter and uglier than Jabba and Ziro. :sick: I think the plot might be leading up to the episode where Anakin talks with Ziro.

Personally, I've been wating for Mar Tuuk- he 'escaped' just so Lucas could use him again, but we still haven't seen him since Shadow of Ryloth. m,aybe he'll be in this trilogy.

Shame about that huge spoiler in the article default_hmpf.gif

Yeah, aside from Trench, he's the only one I'd want to see return. These episodes are prequels to the first ryloth trilogy, so as long as they keep Anakin and the Resolute out of the story, he could make another appearance. :thumbup:

Ah, thanks for letting me know, I haven't read it yet. :grin:

New webcomic is up. Unfortunately it has a very weird style. Anakin looks like he's wearing lipstick in one of the pictures default_wacko.gif and it involves a Hutt who's even fatter and uglier than Jabba and Ziro. default_sick.gif I think the plot might be leading up to the episode where Anakin talks with Ziro.

Ungh, Anakin looks like a girl, and Yoda looks like more of a gremlin than ever before...

Ungh, Anakin looks like a girl, and Yoda looks like more of a gremlin than ever before...

His mum & wife both call him Annie...

Owen Lars even calls him Little Orphan Annie (in Robot Chicken anyway). :grin:

Link

How many times can one planet get invaded anyways?

Especially when that planet only has a thin ring of habitable surface area on the equator?

I mean, if it was a major planet like Coruscant, then it would make a little more sense. Other than being a top 'harvesting ground' for the slave trade and a source of an addictive drug, both of which I'm sure won't appear in true SW fashion in a kids show, Ryloth has no value.

I mean, if it was a major planet like Coruscant, then it would make a little more sense. Other than being a top 'harvesting ground' for the slave trade and a source of an addictive drug, both of which I'm sure won't appear in true SW fashion in a kids show, Ryloth has no value.

I know. I'm hoping for a lot of retcons and explanations in this season...

Just saw it. I have a mixed opinion.

The plea of Organa and Binks was kind of meh. Toydaria looked cool, though. When Jar Jar was distracted the dinner I wa kind of annoyed. The Trade Federation must have the worst sensors in the galaxy if they can't spot 4 massive Republic ships flying past the planet they are at.

But the assult on Ryloth was awesome. It was like 300 when Di and his commander were standing up to droid after droid after tank.

The next one looks interesting. They said something about Sugi, but the only familiar person I could spot was that blue senator from Trespass. It's another Ahsoka on Coruscant episode, but with a good number of recognizable faces, including Papanoida and Greedo. I was wondering when Greedo was gonna show up. :tongue:

Just saw it. I have a mixed opinion.

The plea of Organa and Binks was kind of meh. Toydaria looked cool, though. When Jar Jar was distracted the dinner I wa kind of annoyed. The Trade Federation must have the worst sensors in the galaxy if they can't spot 4 massive Republic ships flying past the planet they are at.

But the assult on Ryloth was awesome. It was like 300 when Di and his commander were standing up to droid after droid after tank.

The next one looks interesting. They said something about Sugi, but the only familiar person I could spot was that blue senator from Trespass. It's another Ahsoka on Coruscant episode, but with a good number of recognizable faces, including Papanoida and Greedo. I was wondering when Greedo was gonna show up. :tongue:

you saw a preview of the next episode? Mind explaining more? I agree the episode wasn't the best of season three, but I think the part with Jar Jar was kind of funny :laugh: , Di was such a good guy, I'm sad he had to go, but what does that bring us up too, four dead jedi over the three seasons, pretty good.

After an explosive season premiere, this epi is a bit of a downer, I never liked the meh political negotiations/plea, it's a good thing the Ryloth action scenes were the saving grace of the episode.

Di was such a good guy, I'm sad he had to go, but what does that bring us up too, four dead jedi over the three seasons, pretty good.

Sigh, this is the second straight episode that they kill a good guy (99 then Di). I liked the dramatic martyric last stand of Di, thought it was really sad to see a jedi die. Compared to the other three dead jedi (Nahdar Vebb, Bolla Ropal, and Ord Eniscence), Di is a much more interesting character that they could've given more exposure in the series had they not killed off his character right away. Also interesting to note, three of the new characters than bannered this Season 3 are all dead after 3 episodes (Di, the ARC Trooper commander, and the Clone Trooper with red markings).

Odd episode, so this one was before season 1 episode 1, ok but disappointing after last weeks.

I get what was said about his name Di being a hint(die).

Jar Jar saves the day :laugh:

When I saw the first scene I thought it would be a episode to match landing at point rain but I was wrong :laugh:.

Though some off the action scenes were absolutely great. I loved Di's last stand and it was a honorable death for such a great jedi :cry_sad: .

That was horrible, how do they go from making you feel for 99s death, then just have 2 mins of a Jedi then kill him, like we supposed to feel for him.

Ya, I saw that spot on. The worst Spolier to give, Filoni...

I thought it was just his last name, but it was even Di's whole name: Ima-Gun Di = "Ima Gonna Die" according to Filoni. Oh brother... :hmpf:

In a CartoonNetwork.com exclusive, Dave Filoni said the Ima-Gun's name was designed to sound like "Ima Gonna Die", which is exactly what happens to him.

Edited by KielDaMan