Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Ungh... although the name is lame, the fact that they find they need to bring in a brother of one of the best enemes is soo stupid. It's like saying "Here's Dooku's brother! Gasp! We`re all doomed!" Seriously... it's the most pathetic thing ever.

The Celebration V trailer is now available on starwars.com.

I have to say, it's pretty sweet. From what I can see so far:

-Asajj seems to have a new outfit- she's talking to Dooku, and you can see she has a black neck thing, which if memory serves is the same as her original costume before the CW came around.

-She also has her old Sith ship!

-Supposedly Sideous tells Dooku to eliminate his assassin. So, either Asajj dies just as she's about to be cool, or she goes rogue.

-Nightsisters

-Asajj's body being carried by nightsisters? :sceptic:

-Republic Commandos (Delta!)

-A Seperatist version of the Senate Rotunda, but rectangular.

-Coruscant on fire (again)

-Death Watch is back

-Echo and Fives are back from Rookies.

I'll post screenshots later!

-Echo and Fives are back from Rookies.

I'll post screenshots later!

Please do.

It's good to see they're finally using old clones. Hopefully they bring back Slick's squad and Waxer and Boil.

I'm hoping that they'll bring back Mar Tuuk. Lucasgot them to re-animate the last few sceanes of Storm over Ryloth so that the guy would live, merely because he liked him. You'd think if they did that they'd bring him back again... but from what I've heard he wasn't in Season 2.

That was very impressive. Season 3 looks much better than last season, which I was a bit disappointed with to tell the truth. The invasion of Kamino looks like the highlight so far, with the commandos and a view of the training facilities. It almost appears that Ventress is one of the people with lightsabers who are invisible attacking Dooku. Perhaps she is taking her revenge on him with the help of the Nightsisters?

Ungh... although the name is lame, the fact that they find they need to bring in a brother of one of the best enemes is soo stupid. It's like saying "Here's Dooku's brother! Gasp! We`re all doomed!" Seriously... it's the most pathetic thing ever.

Yeah, I too would have preferred if they brought in cyborg Maul or a clone of him rather than his brother, but at least they can't ruin his character, only that of his brother.

The Celebration V trailer is now available on starwars.com. I have to say, it's pretty sweet.

Yeah, it looks pretty epic alright. It seems that S3 will be quite a step-up from S2, even more so than S2 was to S1. :thumbup: I like how Ventress is more like her original version, but like you, I'm skeptical about the plot of her getting hunted by Dooku (and the Nightsisters?). We'll see.

Yeah, I too would have preferred if they brought in cyborg Maul or a clone of him rather than his brother, but at least they can't ruin his character, only that of his brother.

Knowing Clone Wars, anything can happen.

Yeah, it looks pretty epic alright. It seems that S3 will be quite a step-up from S2, even more so than S2 was to S1. pirate_thumbup.gif I like how Ventress is more like her original version, but like you, I'm skeptical about the plot of her getting hunted by Dooku (and the Nightsisters?). We'll see.

I certainly hope so. I hope this vid goes on YouTube... it'll be nice to see. I'm not sure about a Ventress vs. Dooku... she's a good villian... maybe it's just another suspicous Sideos scheme.

Multiple futures. I think main characters are going to be killed off and that there is something huge happening.

Knowing Clone Wars, anything can happen.

That's The Clone Wars to you, mister! :tongue: In "Star Wars: Clone Wars" they would have never done such a stupid thing.

Multiple futures. I think main characters are going to be killed off and that there is something huge happening.

Huh? What do multiple futures have to do with Savaage? And do you really think they'd go the Terminator route in this series? I seriously doubt it.

Huh? What do multiple futures have to do with Savaage? And do you really think they'd go the Terminator route in this series? I seriously doubt it.

No I mean that the future is uncertain and that it's possible that certain events that might happen in the upcoming season might not actually happen. In the sense Obi Wan dying at Kamino (Him falling into the abyss in 2nd trailer), Kamino falling to the seperatists, Aurra killing Ashoka, etc.....

It could be very intersnig and surprisingly complicated for a kids show but still....

Saavage might not actually exist in reality or he may be killed off or something (Crossing my fingers :tongue: )

Celebration V trailer [Youtube :classic: ]: Link

Edited by Forresto

Yeah, maybe this whole season is just an illusion, maybe at the end the whole universe implodes, and it is revealed that it was all just Ahsoka having a bad dream. :laugh:

C'mon, you can't seriously believe that. Let's face it, this is all canon, and it's just them screwing up the whole saga. :sadnew:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

From the article:

"She's had a bad war so far. She's fighting for respectability. I feel bad for her. Dooku keeps stringing her along, and like George said, there can only be two [master and apprentice], she's like the third wheel that Sidious barely recognizes but he's content with her as long as she's out there killing Jedi and serving his war purpose. But if ever she were to become powerful enough to give Sidious the idea that she might be a threat, it could go badly for her. So I don't know what I'm foreshadowing, but...

Her life at the beginning of the season and her life at the end of the season will be drastically different."

The words "her life at the end" tells me she'll probably go rogue. That would explain why she seems to be among the people attacking Dooku. We'll see.

As for Savage, I'm still skeptic about his character. They say they want him to be different from Maul, yet they make him his brother? And his name is Savage Oppress? Can you get any more obvious? :hmpf:

Who is that on Kamino, almost looks like a teenage Ashoka.

Uhm, are you talking about Shaak Ti?

4817705702_078ed8cb85.jpg

Yeah definitely Savage Oppress is really blatant, even more so than maul. Maybe he isnt his brother but they are just using the term 'brother' as more of a group kinda thing. My description may not make sense but the only real world example I could come up with is like Catholic Brothers where they are like brothers and call each other brother but not genetical brothers. I dont know just a thought. :classic:

Edited by Roncanator

As for Savage, I'm still skeptic about his character. They say they want him to be different from Maul, yet they make him his brother? And his name is Savage Oppress? Can you get any more obvious? :hmpf:

They did something similar with the Mandos. They didn't want Jango or Boba to be overshadowed by the Death Watch, so they made them all look like Jango. :wacko: It made no sense.

In Season 3, we re-did a lot of our facial rigs, to talk technically, so the animators now have a lot of freedom for getting emotion and expression. You don't see wooden characters anymore and that's a big leap for our show."

Yay. :wub: Sometimes this was very irritating. I know it's the 'style', but they still just look like models running around, not characters.

Uhm, are you talking about Shaak Ti?

4817705702_078ed8cb85.jpg

Wow, they did a rather crud job on her, she looked better in TFU, she hardly looks like a jedi council member.

Wow, they did a rather crud job on her, she looked better in TFU, she hardly looks like a jedi council member.

I think you say that because she's pratcially wearing only a bikini :tongue:

NO i said it because she is supposed to be a member of the jedi council, one of the last to survive order 66 and knightfall, and they draw her so she looks like she is 16.

No I mean that the future is uncertain and that it's possible that certain events that might happen in the upcoming season might not actually happen. In the sense Obi Wan dying at Kamino (Him falling into the abyss in 2nd trailer), Kamino falling to the seperatists, Aurra killing Ashoka, etc.....

It could be very intersnig and surprisingly complicated for a kids show but still....

Saavage might not actually exist in reality or he may be killed off or something (Crossing my fingers default_tong.gif )

Celebration V trailer [Youtube default_classic.gif ]: Link

Bah, once the Clone Wars goes into multple futures, we're doomed. Seriously, it gets things more confusing and mixed up then they already are. My guess is that Obi will be rescured last minute. But I din't recall any killing of Ashoka. Screenshot please?

BTW, thanks for the link.

Yeah, maybe this whole season is just an illusion, maybe at the end the whole universe implodes, and it is revealed that it was all just Ahsoka having a bad dream. default_laugh_new.gif

That actually reminds me of a hillarious episode of Corner Gas...

they draw her so she looks like she is 16.

That's just the style of the show; the big eyes and big headress make her look younger. I'm sure she appreciates it. :tongue:

I din't recall any killing of Ashoka. Screenshot please?

LEGO_facepalm.gif Even if she were to die in this season, they wouldn't show that in a trailer, genius. :laugh:

I'm still pondering how all that "Anakin is the Chosen One" stuff is going to play into this season. Perhaps it has something to do with Ahsoka dying? Maybe her death will make him realize the responsibilities he has or something? I don't know...

LEGO_facepalm.gif Even if she were to die in this season, they wouldn't show that in a trailer, genius. default_laugh_new.gif

default_laugh_new.gif Oops

Here's what I've noticed in the trailer...

The Trident, the squid ship, attacking Kamino.

Some good water animation, the animaters are doing better.

Venators are a lot bigger than I thought...

Ryloth is back

And with it Cham Syndula!

Fire near the Senate Building?

Satine with Padme..

Some Furry thing shooting people???

Tri-Fighetrs!

Bane with some wierd skiff

Bane working with Jabba

Asajj's fanblade is definitly back.

Cody and rex working together again!

That's Fives and Echo alright!!!

Asajj vs. 1.5 trooper....

Asajj vs. Dooku... (Or at least, intercut enough to seem that way...*)

Ooh... Green Maul... scary....

3P0 is captured...

Asajj surrounded...

Bane on Teth

Mos Eisla (or Espa)

Bane electicuting Obi

Bane(?) with a flamethrower

Dismantelling 3P0

Death Watch is back...

Kutunkoo is back

Man, I wish they woudln't flip through those images so quickly.... but it seems we're in for an epic season.

*Sideos says to elliminate Dooku's assasin, but that- theoretically- could be anyone. there are a lot of assasins in the Clone Wars.

True, but there's obviously a story arc centered around Ventress, and she's his number one assassin, so it's got to be her. Here is one theory for the Ventress plot I just thought up: Assajj does something Sidious doesn't like; Sidious orders Dooku to kill her and he does it; somehow the Nightsisters get her body and bring her back from the dead with their "witchcraft"; she takes revenge on Dooku as a ghost. Pretty weird, I know, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me based on the trailer.

Seriously, it gets things more confusing and mixed up then they already are.

Still a cakewalk compared to Metal Gear Solid. But you are right.

That's just the style of the show; the big eyes and big headress make her look younger. I'm sure she appreciates it. :tongue:

Yeah and we are getting a minifig based on that... damn it. I really hope they make her Bariss-Offee-ish rather than with cute-protruding eyes!

Same for Asajj. Perhaps a new torso and new head? I hope we get her funny fan-ship (new soft foldable plastic piece, TLC?), it was already in the CW animated and I loved it!

Thanks alot for the link, really enjoyed it. Kamino looks brilliant and I cannot await it to see the first episodes! But still, what bugs me is that damn 1.5 trooper. Brings me nightmares. All my idea about the phase 1-2-3 armor is just wiped out if that is true. Yes, it gets more confusing and mixed up.