Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

They are now selling a hard copy of the webcomics from Season 1 for $22: LINK

Nice! I really liked those comics compared to season 2's. I hope that season 3's are episode prequels again.

This season is looking awesome! I just watched the new trailer, and i am happy to see the season starts on September 17 rather than the beginning of October. I personally don't mind Ashoka, but I am interested to see what happens to her.

I also don't mind Ahsoka, but I'd really like to see her sacrifice herself to save Anakin. Then Anakin could feel tormented by this in season 4 pushing him closer to the darkside. I want to see him use more sith powers as well.

In an interview Filoni said that Hondo took Slave I, repaired and repainted it in green and brown (his favourite colours). He did this because it was a rare ship, the only one of it's kind, and apparently Hondo collected old ships and made them work again, just like people here do with classic cars. Then he sold it back to Boba later.

That would be... interesting. But now they'd have to explain how the armor ended up the same color as the ship.

Is'nt it interesting that some of the Venators are now completely grey? Like the one at the begining of trailer No. 3.

Is'nt it interesting that some of the Venators are now completely grey? Like the one at the begining of trailer No. 3.

It is. At the beginning of RotS, they're still red and grey. They're not completely grey until after the founding of the Empire in the last scenes of RotS.

As usuall, I see a lot of things in this trailor.

Is it just me, or is that the Vultur's Claw in the first sceane?

Dooku appars to be up against four Jedi.

Squids attacking Kamino...?

Jabba appears to be coming (Likely in the same episode as Ziro)

I'll say more when I see this in youtube...

Season 3 starts on Friday 17th September! (Link for anyone interested)

It says that it will kick off as a one hour premiere. Sounds interesting from the article on starwars.com and kinda sounds like there will be more action rather than last seasons filler political episodes (which I didnt mind btw).

We already knew the date from the last trailer that was posted, but it's good to know it will open with two episodes again. Thanks for the link; it's a very amusing article.

In this transformative new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, surprises wait at every turn, the fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance and the destiny of the "Chosen One" will at long last be uncovered.

Gee, I wonder what it will be. :tongue: It's funny how they try to make it sound all exciting and unpredictable, but it's not. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it though.

I wonder what they mean by that though. How can they uncover Anakin's destiny already?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Did it cross your mind season 3 could lead up to RotS, would be sweet though if they showed more of Knight fall.

The Republic Commandos are here! default_satisfied.gif

Link

YES! Even if they are only in the one episode, this is great! Clone Wars is FINALLY branching out to more classic troops. That said, I wonder if they will feature Omega or Beta squad?

Oh, that is awesome! :sweet: Thanks for the link Forresto!

It would be a crime if LEGO didn't make figures of them now. :sadnew:

Did it cross your mind season 3 could lead up to RotS

Not really since we still have at least another season to go after this one, and Anakin was still "good" by the beginning of ROTS.

The Republic Commandos are here! :sweet:Link

Cool. I never played the game, but I like the idea of an elite squad of clones. Hopefully they wont screw this up.

I wonder if they will feature Omega or Beta squad?

Or a whole new squad all together. :wink:

Yep it's Delta Squad.

More info over at Rebelscum: Clicky

Edited by Jammiedodger714

it's definitely Boss and Sev from Delta Squad.

Delta squad- right. I knew Beta didn't quite sound right. That's great though- It'll be sweet if they got the same guys that voiced them in the game.

From the picture on Rebelscum and Forcenet, Let's cross our fingers that they'll be in a lego set next summer!

Delta squad- right. I knew Beta didn't quite sound right. That's great though- It'll be sweet if they got the same guys that voiced them in the game.

If there clones won't they have similar voices to the regular clones?

In the game they had different actors, with Morrison doing Sev (he played Jango Fett). Maybe they'll chnage it, I don't mind really.

Probably, but- correct me if I'm wrong- didn't the cadets in the first Boba episode have different actors?

Probably. In the movies, all the clones have the same voice, so there's no reason to hire another actor when they've already got one for the normal clones. They'd probably figure the kids won't know the difference. Personally, I kind of hoped the Commandos wouldn't make an appearance, because now even more awful pics of badly customized clones will flood the Web. It was bad enough with everyone under 10 on MOCpages pretending to have read the Republic Commando series. When I say clone wars, I want a show with no super-powerful new characters, no overpowering main characters, and no secret factions with a gazillion secret weapons.

Edited by Brickdoctor

That is great news! The helmets and armor looks fantastic. Karen Traviss did a wonderful job fleshing out the commando's story in the Star Wars universe. I hope that this opens up the chance to see Mando trainers like Kal Skirata. Here's hoping that Dave Feloni does as good a job with their story as Traviss. About Dave's comment that there is a chance to see EU characters, lets hope we see Quinlan Vos finally.

That is great news! The helmets and armor looks fantastic. Karen Traviss did a wonderful job fleshing out the commando's story in the Star Wars universe. I hope that this opens up the chance to see Mando trainers like Kal Skirata. Here's hoping that Dave Feloni does as good a job with their story as Traviss. About Dave's comment that there is a chance to see EU characters, lets hope we see Quinlan Vos finally.

I agree- I would love to see Kal or Vau in here. Personally, I'd rather have Omega than Delta- but Delta was the orginal squad, so it makes sence. They wanted to put Vos in bOMBAD jedi, but they couldn't get the desing in in time.

I hope Filoni actually does a good job on the Delta squad humur, those guys were hilarious.

Some more stuff, .

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112465p1.html

It turns out that Baron Papanoida, a character played in a cameo by Lucas in Revenge of the Sith, will appear in an episode of Season 3, with Lucas' children as the visual influence for the Baron's kids. A scene of the Baron's episode was shown, in which a huge gun battle breaks out in a cantina – and, quite humorously, Baron Papanoida turns out to be a bit of a bad megablocks, whipping out two guns he skillfully uses.

The second reveal made by Lucas involved fan-favorite Darth Maul, as it turned out his impact will be found on The Clone Wars this year in a big way – as we meet his brother. Lucas spoke about Asajj Ventress, noting she came form a planet where a powerful class of women ruled, while the men live in an enclave. Darth Sideous turned one of these men into his apprentice, Darth Maul (yes, this is a scenario that will nullify some previous expanded universe stories). We saw a clip where Count Dooku meets with an alien woman who introduces him to Maul's brother, named Savaage (hopefully I have that spelling right!).

Carrying an ax like weapon, he is much larger and more physically imposing than Maul, with yellow skin and long horns, along with the same black face tattoos as his brother. Says Dooku, "He certainly is a sight to behold." The woman replies, "And the fiercest of his kind. He shall serve you well." Dooku simply states, "Yes, he shall," as Savaage kneels before him....

Savaage? Really?

Rest of the stuff sounds interesting though.

Thanks for the article, simonjedi! To follow up on what I said a page ago about the chance of seeing a young Han Solo on the show, a young fan asked Dave Feloni just that question, and here is Dave's reply:

"Filoni said he felt especially bad giving evasive answers to kids about what's to come – so it's worth noting he told one kid Boba Fett "is around," in Season 3. When another kid asked Filoni if any characters from the original trilogy "like young Han Solo or young Chewbacca" might show up, Filoni replied, "There will be some connections to the classic trilogy in Season 3."

We will see...

Sounds really interesting and there should be a lot more action that the last season. Im not sure about Maul's brother though. Savaage? Really? I mean Maul is a cool name but Savaage is really kinda obvious and not as cool as Maul. I wonder what the connection with the OT is? My first non obivous guess was to include someone like Mon Mothma or Admiral Ackbar because they arent really major characters and Filoni would be able to put them in with ease unlike a major character.

Sounds really interesting and there should be a lot more action that the last season. Im not sure about Maul's brother though. Savaage? Really? I mean Maul is a cool name but Savaage is really kinda obvious and not as cool as Maul. I wonder what the connection with the OT is? My first non obivous guess was to include someone like Mon Mothma or Admiral Ackbar because they arent really major characters and Filoni would be able to put them in with ease unlike a major character.

I think Mon Mothma has already been in it a few times, not much though. So long as Admiral Ackbar doesn't have another "Captain Obvious" moment. How about Chewbacca, he was in Episode 3 on Kashyyyk with Yoda. There wouldn't be much dialogue from him though I suppose...

So, apart from Han Solo, Lando, and the dudes from the Rebel Alliance, it's really only Tarkin etc that I can think of as well-known characters. We already know Jabba will be in it, there's some possibilities for connections right there.

Of course, all these predictions could be completely wrong and we get landed with a 3-parter about ewoks...