Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Shame on you, Lucas, for approving CW, Ahsoka, and secret ultra-powerful units in the first place. :tongue:

I thought the general consensus was: Shame on you Lucas, for making the prequl/Episode I and II/Jar Jar.

Or am I out of touch when it comes to Star Wars fandom? :tongue:

Yes you are very out of touch.

I look forward to seeing season 3, I heard they go to Kamino.

Anyone got a link for the trailer in HD?.

Edited by DarthSion

I thought the general consensus was: Shame on you Lucas, for making the prequl/Episode I and II/Jar Jar.

Or am I out of touch when it comes to Star Wars fandom? :tongue:

Well, we are discussing the Clone Wars right now, not the prequels. Besides, the awefulness of Episode I pales in comparison to the awefulness of the Clone Wars Movie.

Jar Jar....that's a different story. :devil:

(Not on topic, I know, but,)

If not for Jar Jar,

1)Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon wander around lost in the swamp until they're killed by STAP patrols.

2)No one saves the Queen. (pun not intended)

3)Anakin is never found, and remains a slave for the rest of his life.

4)Obi-Wan is dead, and therefore cannot kill Darth Maul.

5)Anakin is not on Naboo, and therefore cannot destroy the Droid Control Ship.

6)Queen Amidala is in an interrogation camp, and therefore cannot rally the Gungans.

7)Naboo falls to Trade Federation.

8)CIS formed.

9)Maul is not dead, and therefore Dooku cannot take his place.

10)Dooku remains a political idealist, and therefore does not create the clone army.

11)Republic falls to CIS.

12)Maul kills Sideous.

13)Maul becomes Emperor.

14)Padme and Anakin never meet and never marry, and therefore Luke and Leia are not around to save the Galaxy.

The End. :laugh:

Well, we are discussing the Clone Wars right now, not the prequels. Besides, the awefulness of Episode I pales in comparison to the awefulness of the Clone Wars Movie.

Jar Jar....that's a different story. :devil:

(Not on topic, I know, but,)

If not for Jar Jar,

1)Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon wander around lost in the swamp until they're killed by STAP patrols.

2)No one saves the Queen. (pun not intended)

3)Anakin is never found, and remains a slave for the rest of his life.

4)Obi-Wan is dead, and therefore cannot kill Darth Maul.

5)Anakin is not on Naboo, and therefore cannot destroy the Droid Control Ship.

6)Queen Amidala is in an interrogation camp, and therefore cannot rally the Gungans.

7)Naboo falls to Trade Federation.

8)CIS formed.

9)Maul is not dead, and therefore Dooku cannot take his place.

10)Dooku remains a political idealist, and therefore does not create the clone army.

11)Republic falls to CIS.

12)Maul kills Sideous.

13)Maul becomes Emperor.

14)Padme and Anakin never meet and never marry, and therefore Luke and Leia are not around to save the Galaxy.

The End. :laugh:

*Star Wars fans begin building a monument for Jar-Jar*

Well, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon probably wouldn't be killed. The only thing different is that they'd probably have to walk all the way to Theed.

Well, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon probably wouldn't be killed. The only thing different is that they'd probably have to walk all the way to Theed.

very true :laugh:

and if they've watched The Clone Wars series they'd realise that you can use the force to jump that far... well that's what it seems to me anyway, haha

A Jar Jar appreciation movement? The apocalypse must be nearer than I thought... :look:

:tongue:

Or they could just hi-jack some of the STAPs, but I suppose they'd still be too late to save the queen.

and if they've watched The Clone Wars series they'd realise that you can use the force to jump that far... well that's what it seems to me anyway, haha

Nah, only Mace Windu can do that, simply because he's awesome. :tongue:

But yeah, this is getting way off topic.

Did you guys see this trailer already? There are some new scenes in it :grin:

It also confirmes Kamino is in Season 3, and it has Dooku fighting half invisible jedi, a trainingroom perhaps?

Edited by commdr_neyo

Did you guys see this trailer already? There are some new scenes in it :grin:

It also confirmes Kamino is in Season 3, and it has Dooku fighting half invisible jedi, a trainingroom perhaps?

Doesn't work on my computer, but from the thumb I can see an awesome looking Phase I.5 Commander with yellow deco. Bly anyone?

I just realised! There's ARF trooper with I.5 trooper! Does that mean there is a strong possibility we will get them in the new BPs? :wub:

I just realised! There's ARF trooper with I.5 trooper! Does that mean there is a strong possibility we will get them in the new BPs? default_wubnew.gif

No- 2007 Clone BP, 2009 BPs, 2010 Imp BP.

Did anyone else see Embo appear quickly? I can't wait to see him, Sugi, and Seripas come back! I'm glad that those hunters are in the mix because TCW makes it seem as though none of the other bounty hunters have beliefs (well, other than doing wat it takes to get paid :tongue: )or morals. I hope Hondo comes back as well.

Edited by The Nightwing Reborn

Did anyone else see Embo appear quickly? I can't wait to see him, Sugi, and Seripas come back! I'm glad that those hunters are in the mix because TCW makes it seem as though none of the other bounty hunters have beliefs (well, other than doing wat it takes to get paid :tongue: )or morals. I hope Hondo comes back as well.

I don't know who they are, but I thought I saw Greedo. And Mace Windu vs Ventress. At the 21 sec mark there's a human female jedi? Or is it Padme with a lightsabre? (just before Shaak Ti). Of course, just because they have a lightsabre doesn't mean they're jedi, I doubt Cad Bane is one, haha. Good ol' Obi Wan falls off a Kamino building again.

Great find Commander Neyo. If you look carefully at the part where there are several tri-fighters, in the background it appears to be Asajj Ventress' ship which is a Fanblade starfighter from the original Clone Wars cartoon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fanblade.jpg

If that is the case, I would love to have an official set of that ship.

Edited by djmangunz

Sweet! They have Ventress' Fanblade starfighter from the original series! :sweet: This makes me hopeful for a set of that ship, even though it will be hard to execute!

Are those clones trying to take on Dooku? :wacko: Those fools...

it has Dooku fighting half invisible jedi, a trainingroom perhaps?

Probably. If they were ghosts, they'd be blue. :tongue: This reminds me of the scenes from the original CW where Dooku trained with Ventress and Grievous. I like how they seem to take more influence from the mini-series. :thumbup:

There's ARF trooper with I.5 trooper! Does that mean there is a strong possibility we will get them in the new BPs? :wub:

Well, I wouldn't call it "strong", but yes, as I already said in the 2011 thread, the possibility is there.

No- 2007 Clone BP, 2009 BPs, 2010 Imp BP.

Huh?

Did anyone else see Embo appear quickly? I can't wait to see him, Sugi, and Seripas come back!

Agreed! And I too hope Hondo will appear again as well! I love that guy. :laugh:

I don't know who they are, but I thought I saw Greedo. And Mace Windu vs Ventress. At the 21 sec mark there's a human female jedi?

Greedo is a little kid at this point in time, so that can't be him. And unfortunately that's Anakin fighting Ventress, not Mace. But yeah, that's definitely a new jedi. Maybe she's the one Bane gets his 'saber from?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

UGO has an interview with Ashley Eckstein who is the the voice of Ahsoka Tano. Watch it if you have nothing better to do for 7 minutes ;)

Link to interview:

http://www.ugo.com/tv/exclusive-clone-wars-ashley-eckstein-geeks-out

Anyway, she goes on to say that the third season will make some significant connections to the original trilogy and answer some questions. When I thought about that statement, Boba Fett obviously comes to mind. However, in the original script for ROTS Lucas had a young Han Solo helping Yoda find the whereabouts of General Grievous. Obviously that storyline is gone but what if in this season Dave Filoni and George decide to include the boy wonder version of Han Solo? Don't be so quick to dismiss this idea. I mean, we never thought we would see Boba Fett in the Clone Wars and we all know how that turned out....

Greedo is a little kid at this point in time, so that can't be him. And unfortunately that's Anakin fighting Ventress, not Mace. But yeah, that's definitely a new jedi. Maybe she's the one Bane gets his 'saber from?

Do Rodians take longer to mature than humans? Greedo was "friends" with Anakin in episode 1. Boba is definitely a kid. (and one that wants a kick in the pants)

It looked like the jedi fighting Ventress had a purple lightsabre (and looked to have no hair at one point), but after looking again it may be dark blue with a trick of the light. I've lost track of what colour Anakin has, he keeps losing or breaking his every 5 minutes, he's worse than Obi Wan. (I know it was blue on Mustafar in episode 3.)

Anyway, she goes on to say that the third season will make some significant connections to the original trilogy and answer some questions. When I thought about that statement, Boba Fett obviously comes to mind. However, in the original script for ROTS Lucas had a young Han Solo helping Yoda find the whereabouts of General Grievous. Obviously that storyline is gone but what if in this season Dave Filoni and George decide to include the boy wonder version of Han Solo? Don't be so quick to dismiss this idea. I mean, we never thought we would see Boba Fett in the Clone Wars and we all know how that turned out....

I think many thought there was some chance for Boba to appear, and we all were hoping for it. It's one of the most interesting parts of his life after all. But Han? I don't think anybody really wants to see a kid Han, especially not in a show like this. And I think Lucas knows that, hence him having scrapped the idea before.

That said, they will HAVE to show what happens to Boba and his ship. They owe us that. That's probably what she is talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an episode with Aurra breaking Boba out of jail.

Do Rodians take longer to mature than humans? Greedo was "friends" with Anakin in episode 1.

Uhm, that wasn't Greedo. Whenever you see a Rodian, do you think it's Greedo? Are they all the same to you? You're such a racist! :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

In one of the new versions of 'The Phantom Menace' on DVD, there was a deleted scene in the bonus features. It showed the Rodian kid that was with Anakin getting scolded by a different kid, who called him Greedo. So, yeah, that was Greedo in TPM.

That was his dad, Greedo the Elder. :wink: I suppose it's technically possible for Greedo the Elder to appear in this series, but I wouldn't count on it.

Ah, thanks for the info. Interesting, how Lucas interweaved the characters, huh? Greedo's dad was a friend of Anakin. His son was killed by Han Solo, who befriends Luke, Anakin's son. Sorry, thinking out loud there :blush:

I do hope that season three is better than season two, which IMHO was a bad season, full of filler and politics. I am curious about these '1.5' troopers. Could be interesting Minifigures. I suppose I shouldn't care, seeing as I'm turning to other themes, but it's fun to speculate.

Edited by cralegoboy

Well, actually he didn't. You were partially right about that being Greedo since that's who he originally was, but then they retconned this issue in EU by saying it was his dad. But yeah, interesting how this connects all these characters, I agree. Anyhoo, let's get back on topic. :wink:

They are now selling a hard copy of the webcomics from Season 1 for $22: LINK

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Young Solo? :wacko:

hmm Im not so sure. I would like to see what he's like as a child but definitely not in the Clone Wars its just to early in the time line for him I think. That teaser is really cool and looks like there will be some great episodes. Maybe Ahsoka dies in this Season? I hope if they do kill her off its brutal and tragic and not kid friendly.

Im sure looking for the next season now I hope its better than the last!

Well that video of the preview was interesting, but you missed the best part, the info with it, read below.

According to the press release, in Season 3, "the dark side grows even stronger and the Jedi Knights are pushed to the breaking point. The lines between good and evil become blurred as secrets are revealed, truths are questioned and alliances are betrayed. Loyalties are tested as new enemies emerge and heroes rise – and fall."

http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/111/1111536p1.html

New enemies and heroes fall sound interesting, and how its going darker.

I hope its more like season 1, season 2 was pretty meh for the most part.

That said, they will HAVE to show what happens to Boba and his ship. They owe us that. That's probably what she is talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an episode with Aurra breaking Boba out of jail.

In an interview Filoni said that Hondo took Slave I, repaired and repainted it in green and brown (his favourite colours). He did this because it was a rare ship, the only one of it's kind, and apparently Hondo collected old ships and made them work again, just like people here do with classic cars. Then he sold it back to Boba later.

Maybe Ahsoka dies in this Season? I hope if they do kill her off its brutal and tragic and not kid friendly.

:laugh:

That just made my day!

This season is looking awesome! I just watched the new trailer, and i am happy to see the season starts on September 17 rather than the beginning of October. I personally don't mind Ashoka, but I am interested to see what happens to her.