Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Except that Boba Fett would actually be the next Cad Bane..?

No, because Boba as a character was created before Bane, so they wanted to model a 'cool bounty hunter' off of him.

Technically I suppose Boba is the next Jango. :tongue:

With the relative success of the Clone Wars and the fact that the merchandise is like minting money for Lucas, I wonder if there are any plans for the show to continue beyond the original plans of 5 years. I remember Dave F. discussing how MASH lasted longer than the actual Vietnam War and that maybe the Clone Wars could do the same. In that same vein, I wonder if there are any future plans for another Clone Wars movie? *runs away from the angry cursing*

Uh... Boba didn't have a lightsaber. i don't even think he had a beskad.

*initiate star wars nerd* actually, Boba did have a green lightsaber in a non cannon comic, he meets Darth Vader on tatoonie, and after brandishing the emerald sword, he says to vader "your not the only one whos killed jedi". In my opinion, a line to show just how bad megablocks Boba Fett is, and to be sure that Cad Bane could probably never live up to his reputation

images.jpg

oh, and whats a Beskad?

*initiate star wars nerd* actually, Boba did have a green lightsaber in a non cannon comic, he meets Darth Vader on tatoonie, and after brandishing the emerald sword, he says to vader "your not the only one whos killed jedi". In my opinion, a line to show just how bad megablocks Boba Fett is, and to be sure that Cad Bane could probably never live up to his reputation

Non cannon. As in, not real SW infromation. As in, there's no proof he had a lightsaber.

oh, and whats a Beskad?

*initiate star wars nerd* default_tong.gif A beskad is a Mando sword made of pure beskar, hence the name.

Non cannon. As in, not real SW infromation. As in, there's no proof he had a lightsaber.

*initiate star wars nerd* default_tong.gif A beskad is a Mando sword made of pure beskar, hence the name.

Yeah, but everyone believes that General Grevious was in a shuttle crash caused by dooku to turn him into a cyborg to command the droid army and that was in a Non-cannon comic, Non-cannon just means that it doesn't fit into the regular linear line of events, it's just 1 possible story line, it still uses real star wars characters and real star wars places, so it's just as real as anything else.

And thanks for telling me what a Beskad was, Isn't that something, another material resistant to lightsabers.

Yeah, but everyone believes that General Grevious was in a shuttle crash caused by dooku to turn him into a cyborg to command the droid army and that was in a Non-cannon comic, Non-cannon just means that it doesn't fit into the regular linear line of events, it's just 1 possible story line, it still uses real star wars characters and real star wars places, so it's just as real as anything else.

And thanks for telling me what a Beskad was, Isn't that something, another material resistant to lightsabers.

That was a non-conon comic? Huh.

About Beskar, yeah- it is. There seem to be so much of that now.

Is a Beskad what the Mando used last season in the duel with Obi-Wan? I thought it was a 'Dark-Sword'...

I'm fed up with all the new units for the Seps. Those new spindly SBDs look terrible, as do the walkers on the Kaminoan city. :sceptic: Stick with the good ol' STAPs and Vulture Droids!

Is a Beskad what the Mando used last season in the duel with Obi-Wan? I thought it was a 'Dark-Sword'...

I'm fed up with all the new units for the Seps. Those new spindly SBDs look terrible, as do the walkers on the Kaminoan city. :sceptic: Stick with the good ol' STAPs and Vulture Droids!

No, that was a lightsaber, that probably had a black crystal, so it was called the dark saber. It wasn't a beskad.

As for the droid debait, I think that they could have just stopped after the comando droids, I mean, these ones look okay, I'm kind of 50:50 on them.

It doesn't have to have Anakin and Obi Wan in every episode... I remember George Lucas saying this was separate to the "tragedy of Anakin Skywalker" so why does he seem to be in 95% of it? They could have Dooku & Grievous in it heaps fighting OTHER jedi. There are plenty of well known characters to choose from that wouldn't be foreign to a young audience. Yoda & Mace Windu are hardly ever featured.

I completely agree with this! Lucas said this would be about the war and other Jedi, a lot less about Anakin. It is embarrassing how badly they have failed on that front. Although to kids, the other Jedi are not as recognisable as Anakin and Obi, they should be pushing forwards the other Jedi, so that they become popular. They have done this with Ahsoka, and they really should be doing this with the other characters, such as Kit fisto, Eeth koth, Adi Gallia, Ki Adi to name a few. I think that they have done a good job with Plo Koon, and with a little more screen exposure, I think they will have got it right.

Introducing new Jedi is great too, and the images of the new Jedi for season 3 looks great!! I am really excited about him and hope we see a lot of him. One problem I want to know is how they will sort out the Eeth Koth - Agen Kolar and Adi Gallia - Stass Aliie dilema (or if they will even bother?) Any thoughts on this?

The other problem with the limited viewing time which we see these other Jedi is that they only appear once, which is really beginning to frustrate me. I for one, really really enjoyed the Grievous intrigue episode, as I loved seeing members of the Jedi council out on field missions during the clone wars (this is the same thing that I really enjoyed about the dark horse comics of the clone wars). The problem is they show us Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia, and then we never see them again... EVER!! They bring in a new Jedi: Nadar, and Kill him off straight away! We only see any of the other Jedi for one episode! Following this trend, we can expect to see the new season 3 Jedi (do we have a name yet?) to be killed off after his one appearance in whatever episode and never see him again! They need to have some episodes (for example) where Eeth Koth, Plo Koon and Shaak Ti go on a mission together and we don't see obnoxious Anakin for a whole episode!

Another thing that I don't understand about the series is why is the Jedi Council never actually all together? It is really beginning to annoy me that we never see the Jedi council, and when we do see (Yoda and Mace) they are only giving orders or in a hologram! They have barely appeared in the series when actually doing anything! Another annoying side affect of the Anakin overkill is that they have over exaggerated his powers and his position in the Jedi order. He is not even a master yet, and he is answering back to Mace Windu and Giving orders to Jedi that are either higher up the command chain or are clearly more experienced Jedi than him. He should at least not be answering back to members of the council.

In terms of what we have seen in the season 3 trailer, I think some of it looks like it has good potential and the trident things attacking Kamino look good, not sure about the new super duper uber killer battle droids yet (as why would they have them and then they wont appear in episode 3). The new Jedi male looks great and Shaak ti (FINALLY) is making me very excited about this season!! I think that the trailer will only show us clips from the first few episodes (as the season 2 trailer didn't show us anything past episode 13, so there is definitely room for plenty more stories and hopefully Jedi.

After reading this back I have realised what a huge rant that was, however, I think it was necessary :wink:

Hopefully season 3 will bring more balanced stories of less Anakin :sick: and more Jedi :cry_happy: Because in that way we may also get more chance of Lego Jedi Figs (I'm hoping for Shaak Ti fig next year :wink:)

Thanks for reading,

Batman1

As for the droid debait, I think that they could have just stopped after the comando droids, I mean, these ones look okay, I'm kind of 50:50 on them.

Yeah, those were sweet, and somewhat made sence. But now they seem to have the urge to change EVERY droid.

Yeah, those were sweet, and somewhat made sence. But now they seem to have the urge to change EVERY droid.

B3+MagnaGuard+Droideka+Techno Union=Problem Solved.

They've already got lightsaber-resistant walking tanks, elite bodyguards, walking, shielded turrets, a wealthy droid-making company, what more do they want?

They'd at least better have a good name for this one. Remember the Super Tanks from Season 2? They must've spent 2 seconds thinking up a name like that. And it's not like the concept of ground vehicle-based proton torpedos was new either. (but let's not discuss Season 2 here :tongue: )

Edited by Brickdoctor

I completely agree with this! Lucas said this would be about the war and other Jedi, a lot less about Anakin. It is embarrassing how badly they have failed on that front. Although to kids, the other Jedi are not as recognisable as Anakin and Obi, they should be pushing forwards the other Jedi, so that they become popular. They have done this with Ahsoka, and they really should be doing this with the other characters, such as Kit fisto, Eeth koth, Adi Gallia, Ki Adi to name a few. I think that they have done a good job with Plo Koon, and with a little more screen exposure, I think they will have got it right.

Introducing new Jedi is great too, and the images of the new Jedi for season 3 looks great!! I am really excited about him and hope we see a lot of him. One problem I want to know is how they will sort out the Eeth Koth - Agen Kolar and Adi Gallia - Stass Aliie dilema (or if they will even bother?) Any thoughts on this?

The other problem with the limited viewing time which we see these other Jedi is that they only appear once, which is really beginning to frustrate me. I for one, really really enjoyed the Grievous intrigue episode, as I loved seeing members of the Jedi council out on field missions during the clone wars (this is the same thing that I really enjoyed about the dark horse comics of the clone wars). The problem is they show us Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia, and then we never see them again... EVER!! They bring in a new Jedi: Nadar, and Kill him off straight away! We only see any of the other Jedi for one episode! Following this trend, we can expect to see the new season 3 Jedi (do we have a name yet?) to be killed off after his one appearance in whatever episode and never see him again! They need to have some episodes (for example) where Eeth Koth, Plo Koon and Shaak Ti go on a mission together and we don't see obnoxious Anakin for a whole episode!

Another thing that I don't understand about the series is why is the Jedi Council never actually all together? It is really beginning to annoy me that we never see the Jedi council, and when we do see (Yoda and Mace) they are only giving orders or in a hologram! They have barely appeared in the series when actually doing anything! Another annoying side affect of the Anakin overkill is that they have over exaggerated his powers and his position in the Jedi order. He is not even a master yet, and he is answering back to Mace Windu and Giving orders to Jedi that are either higher up the command chain or are clearly more experienced Jedi than him. He should at least not be answering back to members of the council.

In terms of what we have seen in the season 3 trailer, I think some of it looks like it has good potential and the trident things attacking Kamino look good, not sure about the new super duper uber killer battle droids yet (as why would they have them and then they wont appear in episode 3). The new Jedi male looks great and Shaak ti (FINALLY) is making me very excited about this season!! I think that the trailer will only show us clips from the first few episodes (as the season 2 trailer didn't show us anything past episode 13, so there is definitely room for plenty more stories and hopefully Jedi.

After reading this back I have realised what a huge rant that was, however, I think it was necessary :wink:

Hopefully season 3 will bring more balanced stories of less Anakin :sick: and more Jedi :cry_happy: Because in that way we may also get more chance of Lego Jedi Figs (I'm hoping for Shaak Ti fig next year :wink:)

Thanks for reading,

Batman1

Haha, good post. More Lego Jedi please. There's hardly any.

B3+MagnaGuard+Droideka+Techno Union=Problem Solved.

They've already got lightsaber-resistant walking tanks, elite bodyguards, walking, shielded turrets, a wealthy droid-making company, what more do they want?

They'd at least better have a good name for this one. Remember the Super Tanks from Season 2? They must've spent 2 seconds thinking up a name like that. And it's not like the concept of ground vehicle-based proton torpedos was new either. (but let's not discuss Season 2 here :tongue: )

How long did the clone wars go for? 3 years? How much technology and production can the separatists come up with in 3 years? I think it's reeeeeeally far fetched!

How long did the clone wars go for? 3 years? How much technology and production can the separatists come up with in 3 years? I think it's reeeeeeally far fetched!

I suppose you have to take into account it is a whole galaxy, not a planet, with billions and billions of people with the resources and money to make it happen.

I really hope that this new jedi on the poster is going to be sticking around for at least a whole three episode kind of deal, at least long enough to build up his character and make you grow attached to him like we all are to plo koon and Kit Fisto, then, they should kill him off, it would make the show really cool on a whole new level, because now you get to know him better and you appreciate him more. Get rid of the whole, you're here for one episode, and you get killed off in 25 minutes, because thats just really lame.

I also hope to see more of Embo, he was pretty cool, and I'm glad he didn't die during Bounty Hunters, I'm also looking forward to another confrontation with Death Watch.

(but let's not discuss Season 2 here default_tong.gif )

yeah- I can't wai to egt season 2 on DVD so I can finally understand what in the world you guys are talking about default_tong.gif .

yeah- I can't wai to egt season 2 on DVD so I can finally understand what in the world you guys are talking about default_tong.gif .

Never doubt the power of YouTube...

I suppose you have to take into account it is a whole galaxy, not a planet, with billions and billions of people with the resources and money to make it happen.

I don't doubt there's the money & resources to create that stuff, but not in that time-frame. Any invention would take a long time to go from ideas through design through production to roll-out?

I don't doubt there's the money & resources to create that stuff, but not in that time-frame. Any invention would take a long time to go from ideas through design through production to roll-out?

I see what you're saying, but again the sheer amount of people in a whole galaxy must speed up various processes! And, considering Palpatine knew there would be a war, there would be plenty of time between EpI and EpII to design and test all this stuff. Then it's just a matter of time until they decide to release the different units.

That's my interpretation anyway. :classic:

Or Star Wars.com

Their media player takes forever to buffer.

I see what you're saying, but again the sheer amount of people in a whole galaxy must speed up various processes! And, considering Palpatine knew there would be a war, there would be plenty of time between EpI and EpII to design and test all this stuff. Then it's just a matter of time until they decide to release the different units.

That's my interpretation anyway. :classic:

Yeah, but the Kaminoans and Rothana Engineering had the same 10 years worth of time, and they designed what? A armored suit, a couple transports, a walker, and a midsize frigate*?

*Based on units deployed at Geonosis: LAAT/i, LAAT/c, AT-TE, Acclamators, and clones.

Yeah, but the Kaminoans and Rothana Engineering had the same 10 years worth of time, and they designed what? A armored suit, a couple transports, a walker, and a midsize frigate*?

*Based on units deployed at Geonosis: LAAT/i, LAAT/c, AT-TE, Acclamators, and clones.

I see your point.

Perhaps this shows us which side Palpatine wanted to win?

When you think about it, droids are much easier to 'care' for and are much cheaper, so if the Seps had won I think the galaxy would have been at a greater risk than with Stormtroopers, despite the slight intelligence issue. :tongue:

I see your point.

Perhaps this shows us which side Palpatine wanted to win?

The only way to appear credible (and not be exposed as a double agent - let alone orchestrator of the whole thing) was to have the other side wiped out. Since most of the Separatist force were droids and not organic life, it would be easier to just sweep them under the carpet. Apart from Geonosians, there aren't many beings to kill to keep silent. Also, the Separatists were the "instigators" of the war, so he'd look better if they were defeated by his leadership. His other hurdle was the Jedi. Of course, that was what this was all about, wiping out the Jedi without seeming the villain.

Edited by Artanis I

The only way to appear credible (and not be exposed as a double agent - let alone orchestrator of the whole thing) was to have the other side wiped out. Since most of the Separatist force were droids and not organic life, it would be easier to just sweep them under the carpet. Apart from Geonosians, there aren't many beings to kill to keep silent. Also, the Separatists were the "instigators" of the war, so he'd look better if they were defeated by his leadership. His other hurdle was the Jedi. Of course, that was what this was all about, wiping out the Jedi without seeming the villain.

Well the seperatists actually had good motives that were shared by many species who eventually joined their cause. However The Clone Wars has made them seem much more evil then an actual group with reasons for secceding. Shame on you Filoni :tongue:

I guess so. But I'm sure, as Sumpreme Chancellor of the Republic, he'd have found a way round that hurdle to convince people that the Seps are the good guys. He could have even got someone else to be Chanceller if the Seps won and control that person and how they run the galaxy.

Anyway, I think our discussion is getting a little bit off topic. :laugh:

Well the seperatists actually had good motives that were shared by many species who eventually joined their cause. However The Clone Wars has made them seem much more evil then an actual group with reasons for secceding. Shame on you Filoni :tongue:

Shame on you, Lucas, for approving CW, Ahsoka, and secret ultra-powerful units in the first place. :tongue:

The Seps were supposed to have strength in numbers and wealth, while the Republic was the one with the commandos, tacticians, and surgical strikes, but neither side is supposed to have as many unit classes as seen in CW.