Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

That was awesome!!!! No sign of any Mandos though :cry_sad:

I wouldn't be so sure- Some sort of cubic-style city pops up, which might just be Mandalore (Err... the CW Mandalore, that is :hmpf: )

4825556740_85cb217c65_b.jpg

All in all, I'm a little apprehensive about season 3, and mostly because of these new clones- I really hope they're not Commandos. Why? Because we already have commandos, and they look like this:

12.jpg

In other words, pretty awesome. Instead, we get the bucket-headed troops who look like they're wearing padded cotton armor. I'll post some various screenshots I got from the clip:

4825556608_457bd1e5aa_b.jpg

4825556530_aedeab6630_b.jpg

4825556440_a29ccb3646_b.jpg

4825556372_c720cdfe59_b.jpg

4824947309_cd2e5a66b3_b.jpg

4825556204_aed4b329ae_b.jpg

4825556116_7d8ac1d69a_b.jpg

Hmm... a little bit of a strange location to be training on. I thought they used simulated landscapes, not Tron?

I can't say I understand the point of a 'phase 1.5' clone. The only thing that's different about them is that the fin is still pointy. What with millions of clones out there to procure armor for, that's a pretty pointless change, isn't it? I hope the designers didn't just forget.

I think that blcoky background is a protoype or something.

I suppose training grounds vary from basic to complicated depending on what they are training for. I think this one may be for open warfare, as there is little detail and lots of crates. It seems more city like too.

Thanks for the great images Mr. Mandalorian! After looking at the large Tron-like room,I remembered (because I am a huge nerd) that in the DK book Star Wars The Complete Locations, it has a cut-away of the main Kamino cloning facility which shows a huge training room similar to the one shown on the trailer. The room could be changed to simulate different locations for training new clones. Maybe the room is one big holo-projector which is used to project images of whatever location the clones are supposed to be training in.

Edited by djmangunz

4825556204_aed4b329ae_b.jpg

Hey, you can see that there are three people in Red Cloaks overlooking the "trainning" session I wonder what thats all about, the Kaminoians always wore blue and white.

I can't wait to see what role Sergant Bric plays in the show, I would love to see a minifig of him but we won't get that until 2012.

Yeah, the commandos have always been my favorite clones. I hope these aren't them, but they kind of look like a different type of clone I'm SURE IU've seen before. besides- they don't even have DC-17s.

I think this clarifies that the one screenshot was on Kamino, seeing as the same type of clones are there anyways.

Hey, you can see that there are three people in Red Cloaks overlooking the "trainning" session I wonder what thats all about, the Kaminoians always wore blue and white.

I'm going to go out on a whim and say they're Mando sargents.

This show just gets weirder and weirder. The animators keep on adding more and more units; what happened to a clone army stretched thin and surviving only because Darth Sideous wanted a long war? Why can't they just use the existing units? They haven't even touched B3 Ultra-droids, Republic Commandos, Phase 2 Clones, Blaze Troopers, or Galactic Marines. Not every episode has to be 'Bad guy unveils new super-ultra-mega-powerful weapon and good guy goes after him with prototype army and wins.' And not every single squad in the GAR can have a Z-6 chaingun. Now they've completely redone not only Mandalore but Kamino, too. The training facilities on Kamino were supposed to be fully interactive, with real snow, real rain, real wind, and real terrain. The only possible answer that would fit the timeline would be a raid on Kamino that results in a battle in an inactive training center. And please, we've already done that before. Next thing we know, Shaak Ti will be defending clone younglings with newly-released ARC troopers.

The people in red clothes ought to be trainee Clones, I think.

4831830998_fa5a0899ec_b.jpg

This show just gets weirder and weirder. The animators keep on adding more and more units; what happened to a clone army stretched thin and surviving only because Darth Sideous wanted a long war? Why can't they just use the existing units? They haven't even touched B3 Ultra-droids, Republic Commandos, Phase 2 Clones, Blaze Troopers, or Galactic Marines. Not every episode has to be 'Bad guy unveils new super-ultra-mega-powerful weapon and good guy goes after him with prototype army and wins.' And not every single squad in the GAR can have a Z-6 chaingun. Now they've completely redone not only Mandalore but Kamino, too. The training facilities on Kamino were supposed to be fully interactive, with real snow, real rain, real wind, and real terrain. The only possible answer that would fit the timeline would be a raid on Kamino that results in a battle in an inactive training center. And please, we've already done that before. Next thing we know, Shaak Ti will be defending clone younglings with newly-released ARC troopers.

Yeah. They have touched phase 2s, though. I'm guessing that the eviroments for Clone Wars Kamino are connected to the Clone helmets, like it's basic, but transmission are sent to the helmets, recreating enventroments.

Yeah. They have touched phase 2s, though. I'm guessing that the eviroments for Clone Wars Kamino are connected to the Clone helmets, like it's basic, but transmission are sent to the helmets, recreating enventroments.

That's possible. Maybe the animation scene is incomplete and they haven't added the detail yet. Had anyone considered that? Surely that's a possibility too?

No, it's not. These scenes have been shown in an official trailer, and they are fully rendered and textured, so there is no way these could be incomplete scenes. :hmpf:

Legonator's theory sounds most plausible to me. I mean, if they had the technology to create realistic holographic environments, why would they still be using that noisy monotone hologram technology as their primary form of communication?

That's possible. Maybe the animation scene is incomplete and they haven't added the detail yet. Had anyone considered that? Surely that's a possibility too?

Yea I did, last page.

It would explain the glow inside the clones' helmets as well.

It would explain the glow inside the clones' helmets as well.

However, in the Star Wars Locations book, the cutaway of the Kamino training facility shows real snow with a set of fans to generate wind. It's clearly not a hologram.

EDIT: Here's the scan. Sorry, it's high-res, but that's the only way you can see the text.

ITW2_Tipoca_Complex.jpg

Edited by Brickdoctor

I see. Well, I'm sure Mr. Filoni will be able to come up with some kind of excuse to talk their way out of this one too. They probably did it this way so that the little kids watching this show go "Oh, that looks like a computer world, so it must be a simulation".

This show is really pushing the boundaries on how much you can ignore the EU. :sceptic:

@ Brickdoctor: Next time, please make it a normal link. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

This show is really pushing the boundaries on how much you can ignore the EU. :sceptic:

Not just the EU, the films as well. Even if you haven't read or experienced a lot of EU, like I haven't, there are still discontinuities with EpIII. For one, I think it is quite clear from the fight between Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Dooku on the Invisible Hand that they have not met since their last duel on Geonosis in EpII. But Anakin fight Dooku in the Clone Wars movie, which doesn't fit at all.

Secondly, I think Obi-Wan was clearly not expecting that Grevious has four arms when he whips them out during the fight on Utapau in EpIII. It really seems like Obi-Wan and Anakin have never met Grevious before when they meet him at the beginning of EpIII, judging by their conversation. But they meet tons of times in the show!

I really wish Filoni and whoever else would stop doing this. The films should be the baseline story that all other material has to follow. It's pointless to break continuity with the films, and then have to come up with some stupid, stretchy explanation.

Not just the EU, the films as well. Even if you haven't read or experienced a lot of EU, like I haven't, there are still discontinuities with EpIII.

Well, your arguments aren't really valid. You gotta keep in mind this is a franchise. They need to keep giving the viewers new stuff all the time to keep it interesting. If they were to stick to the movies all the time, things would start repeating as they wouldn't be able to do anything new. Sure, they treat Grievous and his abilities as a surprise in ROTS, but that's just because he was new to the audience at the time. It would have been confusing for the viewers if the characters would have acted as if they had met many times before the events of the movie. Besides, the only one Grievous really seems not to have met is Anakin, and Filoni already said that they are being careful not to let Anakin and Grievous meet in the series. And it would be pretty naive and lame to think that Grievous would have held back on using his second set of arms up until the end of the Clone Wars, or that every single jedi he used them on didn't live to tell others about it.

I really wish Filoni and whoever else would stop doing this.

Oh, you mean George Lucas, the guy who created this whole franchise? Yeah, it's sad really how little he cares about the continuity of his own saga anymore, and more about making money, which he obviously has more than enough of already. :sceptic:

They need to keep giving the viewers new stuff all the time to keep it interesting. If they were to stick to the movies all the time, things would start repeating as they wouldn't be able to do anything new.

No, I certainly agree that they need new stuff. I have no problem with all the new stuff in the show, or that Ahsoka is never mentioned in the films and all that. Obviously it can't be exactly like the films, and I'm not saying it has to be.

I also understand that they want to keep Grevious in the show pretty often because he's a cool, menacing character that was already invented before, but I think they handle him pretty poorly, in relation to EpIII and in general. I agree that he would use his four arms when fighting, but it really seems in EpIII that Obi-Wan had never seen Grevious like that before. Even if he'd heard about it from other Jedi, it would make sense that he would still be surprised to see it himself. But in the show, he Obi-Wan fights Grevious all the freaking time! And, what's more, Grevious is a total wuss all of the time, can barely fight very well, and usually can't kill anybody. In the original Clone Wars miniseries (which wasn't that good altogether), Grevious was awesome, and cut down a lot of people pretty fast. I just think that they should have restricted Grevious to episodes that didn't involve Obi-Wan in order to make him seem more dangerous and build up his mystique.

It had actually already been established the Obi and Gerivous had met, I found that fairly clear in the first scene with the two of them. However Obi does seem a little surprsied during th Utapua duel. And I had always assumed in Ep.3 that this was the second dual between Ani and Dooku, and was angry when they fought in the feature. However, the Clone Wars dual wasn't REALLY much of a dual, and could have been close to Ep.2.

I still stand by my Kamino theory.

Edited by The Legonater

It would be pretty difficult to keep the main characters in the show from ever meeting each other and still make it half decent. They've been doing a pretty good job so far of Aniken never meeting Greivous face to face. If they had to stick to the continuity, the show would be really lame.

It doesn't have to have Anakin and Obi Wan in every episode... I remember George Lucas saying this was separate to the "tragedy of Anakin Skywalker" so why does he seem to be in 95% of it? They could have Dooku & Grievous in it heaps fighting OTHER jedi. There are plenty of well known characters to choose from that wouldn't be foreign to a young audience. Yoda & Mace Windu are hardly ever featured.

Cad Bane using a lightsaber reminds me of how badly Filoni and the whole CW story team wants him to be the next Boba Fett. On the commandos: I'm sure those are just the training fatigues. I hope there is a substancial increase in force usage this season. I really enjoyed Anakin force choking Poggle in Brain Invaders, but in the same episode Bariss is boxed in by clones and turned into a geonosian zombie. She could have simply escaped this with a force push. I assume CW jedi have at least an eigth the power of Galen Marek so they could put up more of a fight with the force.

Cad Bane using a lightsaber reminds me of how badly Filoni and the whole CW story team wants him to be the next Boba Fett.

Except that Boba Fett would actually be the next Cad Bane..?

They could have Dooku & Grievous in it heaps fighting OTHER jedi.

Three words: Lair of Gerivous

Cad Bane using a lightsaber reminds me of how badly Filoni and the whole CW story team wants him to be the next Boba Fett.

Uh... Boba didn't have a lightsaber. i don't even think he had a beskad.