Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

And that phase "1.5" trooper seems to be an ARC trooper based on the file name of the pic. It really looks great and the double-shouldered pauldron is pretty nice. The helmet is clearly a cross between Phase I and II and somehow gives us the feeling that Season 3 is slowly gearing towards Phase II.

I can't wait to see these Jedi without armour- Filoni promised that was to come. After all, you don't see it in Ep.3.

I can't wait to see these Jedi without armour- Filoni promised that was to come. After all, you don't see it in Ep.3.

Indeed. Perhaps this will make it seem more realistic, in a SW kinda way. :tongue:

Who will look the best? I think it'll be Anakin.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

SPOILERS!

In THIS video, Dave Filoni will tell you some secret facts about Star Wars (The Clone Wars). It's quite interesting to watch, since there are also some details about CW season 3. It even tells Ashoka's special lightsaber style :grin:

Does anyone have a link to the video that Commdr Neyo posted a link to? The youtube link has been closed, as was mentioned, and starwars.com doesn't have it up. Thanks.

Indeed. Perhaps this will make it seem more realistic, in a SW kinda way. default_tong.gif

Who will look the best? I think it'll be Anakin.

Probably. Obi actually looks good with his armour.

I think one of the biggest mistakes in the show is making everyone so... skinny. Really, battle-hardened Clones and Jedi should be packing lots of muscle. :sceptic:

Pretty much... the clones are skinnier than I am. And that's saying something.

Probably. Obi actually looks good with his armour.

I agree. liked the clone armor he war in the animated series, with some jedi robes over it. Oh, and a lance. :laugh:

I agree. liked the clone armor he war in the animated series, with some jedi robes over it. Oh, and a lance. default_laugh_new.gif

Yeah- that was one of the few thigns I liked in that series.

In the first place, I didn't even know why they made armors for the jedi, I know it should be some kind of protective gear since there's war, but why is it then that only Anakin and Obi (and probably Plo) have it? The other jedis (Yoda, Mace, Kit, Luminara, Barriss and the 'bikini-clad' Ahsoka and Aayla) don't have those protective armours. Glaring inconsistency IMO.

It would really be interesting to know the story behind reverting back to armour-less jedi robe attire, something to look forward to in Season 3.

Edited by KielDaMan

In the first place, I didn't even know why they made armors for the jedi, I know it should be some kind of protective gear since there's war, but why is it then that only Anakin and Obi (and probably Plo) have it? The other jedis (Yoda, Mace, Kit, Luminara, Barriss and the 'bikini-clad' Ahsoka and Aayla) don't have those protective armours. Glaring inconsistency IMO.

It would really be interesting to know the story behind reverting back to armour-less jedi robe attire, something to look forward to in Season 3.

Actually, Mace, Fitso and Aayla have protective gear. Aayla has the leather strap round her saber wielding hand, Mace and Fitso have shoulder and lower arm plating.

I really like the look of Shaak and the 1.5 trooper. Shaak looks very similar to how she looked in the original CW series, which is great and fits into the style perfectly. The trooper looks simply badass with that skull helmet paint job would certainly make a great minifig! He even seems to have a jetpack, which makes even the more cool! As for seeing Jedi without armor, yeah, that would probably be an improvement, even though I really like Obi's outfit, even more so than the one he had in the old CW, hence it having been my last halloween costume.

Oh, and I too would like to see that vid that was posted before if someone has an alternate link.

Well i'm assuming with comic-con just around the corner, that we'll see the new season trailer.

Fingers crossed :classic:

Actually, Mace, Fitso and Aayla have protective gear. Aayla has the leather strap round her saber wielding hand, Mace and Fitso have shoulder and lower arm plating.

I don't see much of a shoulder plating in Mace and Fisto (maybe beneath the robe?). And Aayla's leather strap is not much of a protective gear imo. Unlike Anakin's and Obi-wan's prominent armor plates, which are clearly different from their Ep.3 jedi attire. Anyway, it would really be interesting to see the change in the jedis' wardrobe in Season 3. We might see a couple of new torso prints for some of these jedi in possible TCW Season 3-based sets.

4823793578_f41017b9a3.jpg

As for seeing Jedi without armor, yeah, that would probably be an improvement, even though I really like Obi's outfit, even more so than the one he had in the old CW, hence it having been my last halloween costume.

Same here, I like Obi-wan's armor the best among all the CW-style armors. Obi really looks like the 'good' jedi in that sleek clean white armor.

And oh yeah, so that explains your outfit in your profile Oky. :grin: Really nice recreation of Obi's jedi attire. :thumbup:

Rebelscum.com have a picture of an upcoming battle pack for the Hasbro action figure line from CW Series 3! It has Rex, ARC Captain and two new Phase 1.5 clones too!

4824426688_7c540a1bef_b.jpg

New trailer for Season 3 at starwars.com. It looks sweet. Kamino looks like it is invaded and check out those commando clones in the Tron-like environment! Could that be a training facility in Kamino?

Link:http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001056.html

No problem! I was so excited when I saw it posted at starwars.com. The video confirmed what we suspected; a lot of the bridging technology like hybrids of phase 1 and phase 2 clones and new variations like the commando clones or whatever you want to call them. Arc-170s and other episode 3 vehicles seem to be more prominent. And more of Cad Bane, Grevious, and Ziro. And I am just stoked that they are finally showing Kamino in the show! They seem to take a lot of the original ideas from the Clone War graphic novels and apply them to the show and the attack of Kamino is one that was featured in the first graphic novel with the ARC clone Alpha. Good stuff.

Does anyone know if this video is in YouTube? For some reason I can never view the SW.com videos.

Yay! TODO is back! :laugh: Those new droids look interesting too. What are they? Ultra Mega Battle Droids? :tongue:

It's gonna be a good year for Star Wars sets...

Does anyone know if this video is in YouTube? For some reason I can never view the SW.com videos.

Same here.

It works on my nan's laptop though. :look:

That was awesome!!!! No sign of any Mandos though :cry_sad: , I can't wait to see that tron episode, and Kamino looks like it was being attacked by Tridents :wacko: , Another thing I noticed was that the guy standing to the left of the phase 1.5 captain while he is addressing the troops on a venator, the guy with the big head that looks like a brain, he is also in the scene with cad bane and ziro or jabba in the background, perhaps a double cross?

Bane has a lightsaber? Really? :laugh:

Probably stole it from Ahsoka again. :tongue:

Bane has a lightsaber? Really? default_laugh_new.gif

It makes sence- he's a Jedi hunter. Grievous has lightsabers, and he's not a Jedi or Sith either.

Yeah, but then again, Grievous was trained to use them by Dooku whereas Bane has probably never held a lightsaber before. I'm guessing it's a similar situation as in Holocron Heist when that changeling used the librarian's saber to defend herself. We'll see.

I think the big headed guy might be Sergant Bric

Sounds like an EB username. :laugh: