Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Here goes any and all discussion on season 3. Here's some previews (spoiler alert!) :

Season 3 preview: StarWars.com

I'll get up some screenshots later. ...aaaand they're up!

4590060414_203775b06f_o.jpg

4589439579_ab6e352998_o.jpg

4589439641_720820fcf9_o.jpg

4589439689_bd5ea03257_o.jpg

4589439783_0780defa2d_o.jpg

4590060808_66494709df_o.jpg

4590060912_b6c464f22a_o.jpg

4589440121_b9e0f31773_o.jpg

So...either Aurra is alive, or Ahsoka is having a nightmare.

Well I think that the first REAL trailer we're going to get is going to be at this year's Sandiago Comic Con.

Based on this teaser i've noticed several things.

-An episode with Shakk Tii on kamino

-Possibly an episode in Cloud City based on the background of the clone commando dude

-Cad Bane is going to capture C-3PO

-Another Coruscant underground episode with Ziro

-Possibly an episode set on dagohbah involving Ashoka's rise to jedi knight perhaps? I say this since she could be sensing the future.

woot first post forresto1.png

Edited by Forresto

Well I think that the first REAL trailer we're going to get is going to be at this year's Sandiago Comic Con.

Based on this teaser i've noticed several things.

-An episode with Shakk Tii on kamino

-Possibly an episode in Cloud City based on the background of the clone commando dude

-Cad Bane is going to capture C-3PO

-Another Coruscant underground episode with Ziro

-Possibly an episode set on dagohbah involving Ashoka's rise to jedi knight perhaps? I say this since she could be sensing the future.

woot first post forresto1.png

Don't forget Sora Bulq was in the trailer too, so he will likely crop up.

Also, did anyone get a good look at who woke up Ashoka? To me it looked like Aurra or Ventress. :sceptic:

Yeah I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me exactly where Ashoka is dreaming of her death, I see nor hear anything of the kind, just dreaming.

Yeah I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me exactly where Ashoka is dreaming of her death, I see nor hear anything of the kind, just dreaming.

Nobody said she was dreaming of her death, just that it seemed like she was dreaming of the future.

Don't forget Sora Bulq was in the trailer too, so he will likely crop up.

Also, did anyone get a good look at who woke up Ashoka? To me it looked like Aurra or Ventress. :sceptic:

That's not Sora Bulq. Sora Bulq is a Weequay, like Hondo Ohnaka and his pirates. The Jedi in the preview is a Kaijain'sa'Nikto. :wink:

The person with her in that last screenshot is definitely Aurra Sing.

And trailers are adverts that follow the release of the series, hence trail. Previews or teasers are released before, hence pre. :grin:

That's not Sora Bulq. Sora Bulq is a Weequay, like Hondo Ohnaka and his pirates. The Jedi in the preview is a Kaijain'sa'Nikto. :wink:

Aw ... I thought I was being smart. :cry_sad:

:tongue: Well I'm sure he's simular!

Aw ... I thought I was being smart. :cry_sad:

:tongue: Well I'm sure he's simular!

Sorry. :laugh:

Even though it's ages away, I can't wait for the new series!

I really cant wait for season 3 to start it should be really great. I cant wait to see what happens to Ahsoka. I hope she dies!

I really cant wait for season 3 to start it should be really great. I cant wait to see what happens to Ahsoka. I hope she dies!

Thats such a nice hope :thumbup: id love to know whats going on in those screen shots :classic:

So...either Aurra is alive, or Ahsoka is having a nightmare.

Aurra Sing is definatly alive, she is seen later in the giant Star wars timeline.

I think that clone lookesd vaguely like a Commando. Is it possible we're going to see a few of them?

Again, the shot with the Nikto looks somewhat like either Kashyyyk or Salecumi.

Anyone notice the area behind this so called clone commando looks a bit like cloud city? You know the area where Luke gets his hand cut off.

Again, the shot with the Nikto looks somewhat like either Kashyyyk or Salecumi.

Maybe Salecumai, but deffinantly not Kashyyk. From the dialogue in ROTS it sounds like the CIS had launched it's first and only attack on kashyyk, also all EU stuff makes it sound like there was only one battle and no long lasting siege.

It's probably a new planet for a single episode.

Edited by Forresto

Ahsoka is having visions about her death. Those dreams Anakin had before his mother, and later Padme too, died.

I'm almost sure that she's going to die in this season, and if so then that's good..

I hope General Grievous will be more badass this season, in the last two seasons all he did was fleeing, besides killing Nahdar Vebb with a hidden blaster rifle..

He should be able to do better than that, right?

I'm looking forward to see why Cad wants C-3PO, as R2-D2 contains more valuable information about the Republic.

Oh well, we'll see.. I still have to watch most of season 2 but I'll have enough time for that before season 3 will start.

~ General Magma

Anyone notice the area behind this so called clone commando looks a bit like cloud city? You know the area where Luke gets his hand cut off.

To me it looks more like Kamino, which we know will be in the season.

To me it looks more like Kamino, which we know will be in the season.

That would make much more sense.

Wow, season 2 went by pretty quick! I can just barely remember the episodes in the middle. :grin:

I'm hoping that Cad Bane makes a larger appearance in the season 3. In season 2, he was only in the first couple of episodes, but he was on every single printed advertisement I saw!

I also hope that Embo and Sugi reappear; if a couple of episodes for Cad Bane isn't enough, one episode for them surely isn't either!

I'm hoping that Lok Durd and Mar Tuuk come back. i loved both of them, and I don't think they were in season 2.

Just re-watched the preview- this time on You-tube, so it was clearer-and am a little spooked. Was that Jedi getting fired on by a clone? Also, that droid isn't neccesarily Threepio. We only see his legs, and there are prototcol droids that look the same.

Ahsoka is having visions about her death. Those dreams Anakin had before his mother, and later Padme too, died.

I'm almost sure that she's going to die in this season, and if so then that's good..

I hope General Grievous will be more badass this season, in the last two seasons all he did was fleeing, besides killing Nahdar Vebb with a hidden blaster rifle..

He should be able to do better than that, right?

I'm looking forward to see why Cad wants C-3PO, as R2-D2 contains more valuable information about the Republic.

Oh well, we'll see.. I still have to watch most of season 2 but I'll have enough time for that before season 3 will start.

~ General Magma

I think Ahsoka is having visions of Aurra Sing's "death" but Aurra is alive and well and want to revenge :pir-skull: ... and Ahsoka will not die in this season I'm sure :sceptic: ... actually i think they come up with another solution for her maybe she leaves the orders completely....

I agree that Season 2 was generally a let-down.Things like the Mandalore episodes could have been so much better than they were, and there were too many episodes that could have been left out, such as the "Senate" ones. :sadnew: Here's a little summary of my thoughts:

Pros:

Better animation

More Jedi and bounty hunters

More "dark" episodes, such as Brain Invaders

Death Watch (even if they didn't accomplish much)

Landing at Point Rain - 'nuff said.

Cons:

"Senate" episodes - yuck!

Grievous Intrigue wasn't intriguing at all! Just GG running away again.

Pacifist Mandos and incompetent Death Watch

They introduce a competent Sep commander (Trench) and kill him off right away.

A little too much Ahsoka

Zillo Beast - Godzilla/King Kong in Star Wars? meh.

Kinda ruined Boba's backstory

A lot of open-ended stories

I'm hoping that Cad Bane makes a larger appearance in the season 3. In season 2, he was only in the first couple of episodes, but he was on every single printed advertisement I saw!

Yeah, that was strange. I even remember a preview of Season 2 saying that we'd be "seeing a lot more of him". :sceptic: Oh well, as long as he returns for Season 3, it's all good.

I also hope that Embo and Sugi reappear; if a couple of episodes for Cad Bane isn't enough, one episode for them surely isn't either!

Agreed, Embo was pretty darn cool. :thumbup:

I think Ahsoka is having visions of Aurra Sing's "death" but Aurra is alive and well and want to revenge :pir-skull:

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too, although her vision of Sing may only be one of many.

As for Ahsoka dying, I admit, the ominous mood of the trailer does kinda imply it, but this could very well just be their way of getting us excited for the next season. I agree that it still feels too early for her to die, and with DarthSion's comment on killing a main character on a kids show. But then again, if this is how they are going to advertise the new season, with Ahsoka foreseeing dark events, then maybe that's how that season is going to end, with the dark visions coming true. I mean, the first season was advertised with Reps VS Seps battles, and that's basically what we got, and the second was advertised with bounty hunters, and that's pretty much what we got as well, so maybe in the third season...

It certainly would make for a strong season finale, even if it's a depressing one.

Perhaps now would be a good time to revive my CW Episode Wishlist thread. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I think Ahsoka is having visions of Aurra Sing's "death" but Aurra is alive and well and want to revenge :pir-skull: ... and Ahsoka will not die in this season I'm sure :sceptic: ... actually i think they come up with another solution for her maybe she leaves the orders completely....

Perhaps she will not die in this season, but then I hope they'll find a good solution for her.

She will either die in another season, or she leaves the order and turns to the dark side, then getting killed.

That or Aurra will be chasing after her. Something should just happen to her for the sake of the storyline, as there was no single mention about her in ep.III meaning that she might have died. I think it could be likely that she won't die in the CW and they just find something else for her, as Dave Filoni said that he wouldn't like to get rid of characters he likes.

~ General Magma

Ahsoka dying would explain the reason for Anakin's somewhat angry aura in Episode III, so I think that is possible. Either that or she leaves the order to protect Anakin because of something introduced next season.

Or perhaps she finds out about Palpatine being the Emperor and he gets her assassinated? :oh::thumbup:

:grin:

Or perhaps she finds out about Palpatine being the Emperor and he gets her assassinated? :oh::thumbup:

That's actually likely. Tyro Calladian found out about it, and so Palps jammed his transmissions to Obi-Wan, and killed him.

That's actually likely. Tyro Calladian found out about it, and so Palps jammed his transmissions to Obi-Wan, and killed him.

In Labyrinth of Evil? Sorry i'm just not so much up onmy wars lore recently.