CopMike

What minifigs are we missing - post your detailed suggestions here

Wasteland ranger

Torso: underclothes with a nametag "Reilland", leather combat armor to go over in a similar style too the S7 Galaxy patrol

Legs: modern leather armor

Facial expressions: Determined but smirking, Relaxed but frowning

Headgear: Dusty blond hair in a similar style to alice's, Spiky football helmet

Accessory: GPS Tracker (2x1 tile), New laser pistol piece

Undead doctor

Torso: ripped doctor's coat

Facial expression: focused, his head is red and burned looking

Headgear: none

Accessory: New spool piece, New needle piece

Colors guy

Torso: paint splattered apron

Facial expression: Helpful grin

Headgear: Any hair

Accessory: Paint sample cards

On 9/22/2017 at 8:56 PM, Drunknok said:

We are missing fat minifigures.

I am really grateful what the last decade has given us for minifigures in terms of variety in age, gender and skin colour. You can represent a lot of things with minifigures that were simply not possible not that log ago.

Having said that, I really miss variety when it comes to body shapes. Females are usually done by prints, kids and babies require certain molds. There is nothing when it comes to body shapes in the "overweight" area though. And to me that is a problem.

You can think what you want about "fat" people, but they are a reality in societies all around the globe. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just the way things are. I wished LEGO would give me the option to represent that.

There's been a number of minifigures with torso printing to suggest a bulging belly… the Sumo Wrestler, Grandpa, Homer Simpson, etc. But I guess you're suggesting a separate torso mold and/or a part that goes over the torso? In that case you're right that there have been very few figs like that… only ones I can think of are Bombur, whose belly is molded into his hair/beard piece, and Ursula whose belly and breasts are molded into her legs piece. Obviously both are way more specialized than what you probably have in mind.

Personally I'd also like to see more heavy-set body types, but specifically in mini-dolls rather than classic minifigures. Minifigures are already pretty chubby by default, considering that their waists are bigger around than they are tall! Mini-dolls, on the other hand, have a more average physique, with a waist circumference around half their height. This might work for a lot of major Friends or Disney characters, but I find it lacking in the case of characters like Ursula, let alone characters who LEGO might want to include in future Disney sets like the Sultan from Aladdin or Chien Po from Mulan. And unlike the minifigure, which often uses printing alone to convey depth, the mini-doll already has four different molded torso styles to represent different body types… surely heavier body types shouldn't be out of the question.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:56 PM, Drunknok said:

We are missing fat minifigures.

I am really grateful what the last decade has given us for minifigures in terms of variety in age, gender and skin colour. You can represent a lot of things with minifigures that were simply not possible not that log ago.

Having said that, I really miss variety when it comes to body shapes. Females are usually done by prints, kids and babies require certain molds. There is nothing when it comes to body shapes in the "overweight" area though. And to me that is a problem.

You can think what you want about "fat" people, but they are a reality in societies all around the globe. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just the way things are. I wished LEGO would give me the option to represent that.

One of the Boudon designs has a drawing of a hypothetical fat torso. I think the same could be achieved with a waist or neck-mounted piece, but regardless of how it's handled it should be done. I'm all for expanding the options.

Here's my take on one that a few people have mentioned.

Aviatrix

Torso Print: 3/4 length leather flying coat in dark-brown, with the print carrying over onto the legs. Top buttons opened to reveal white dress shirt and tie

Type of Headgear: New hair piece depicting a Marcel wave hairstyle, in light bright yellow, barring that, the traditional aviator cap (in reddish-brown) and goggles is acceptable.

Facial Expression: Smiling

Legs: Dual-molded tan, with black or reddish-brown feet (think TLNM Sushi Chef). Coat print  continued from the torso.

Body Wear: TLNM Jay Walker scarf in white.

Accessory: None

A Pregnant Woman is the only minifigure that I consider worthy of introducing a new molded torso

Other than that, it can be done with printing (Homer, S3 Sumo Wrestler) or special molded pieces (Ursula)

11 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Aviatrix

Torso Print: 3/4 length leather flying coat in dark-brown, with the print carrying over onto the legs. Top buttons opened to reveal white dress shirt and tie

Type of Headgear: New hair piece depicting a Marcel wave hairstyle, in light bright yellow, barring that, the traditional aviator cap (in reddish-brown) and goggles is acceptable.

Facial Expression: Smiling

Legs: Dual-molded tan, with black or reddish-brown feet (think TLNM Sushi Chef). Coat print  continued from the torso.

Body Wear: TLNM Jay Walker scarf in white.

Accessory: None

Dang, that's an awesome, detailed suggestion! Definitely better than the one that I had suggested earlier, and I like the inclusion of Jay's scarf in White! :thumbup:

Female Android *

• Occupation/print on torso: Silver Metallic torso with Art Deco, Streamlined Moderne styled accenting prints in Warm Gold.
  • Type of headgear: New Silver Metallic helmet with circular plate design on the sides and swept back, streamlined upper crest in Warm Gold.
  • Type of facial expression: Straightforward and neutral, with glowing eyes in Medium Azure.
  • Color on torso/legs: Silver Metallic with continuation of streamlined design torso prints.
  • Accessory: None.

* The inspiration for this suggestion is based upon the robotic imposter of the character Maria in the 1927 silent film Metropolis, though with a much more embellished Art Deco design and style.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 10/3/2017 at 10:56 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Female Android*

Occupation/print on torso: Silver Metallic torso with Art Deco, Streamlined Moderne styled accenting prints in Warm Gold.

Type of headgear: New Silver Metallic helmet with circular plate design on the sides and swept back, streamlined upper crest in Warm Gold.

Type of facial expression: Straightforward and neutral, with glowing eyes in Medium Azure.

Color on torso/legs: Silver Metallic with continuation of streamlined design torso prints.

Accessory: None.

The inspiration for this suggestion is based upon the robotic imposter of the character Maria in the 1927 silent film Metropolis, though with a much more embellished Art Deco design and style.

Based on the Maschinenmensch? I'm in. *high fives*

Arctic Planet Explorer

• Occupation/print on torso: S13 Galaxy Trooper's armor in Dark Azure slipped over a Dark Azure torso with dual molded arms (Dark Azure upper, Silver Metallic lower). Armor part printed with an Ice Planet 2002 logo upper left, the number 92 in Orange upper right. Torso printed with a Silver Metallic upper chest plate with centered Ice Planet 2002 logo, Orange circuitry printing on lower abdomen.
  • Type of headgear: S12 Space Miner's helmet in Silver Metallic with Orange circuitry printing on the back, Power Miners Year Two visor in Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange clipped on.
  • Type of facial expression: Determined smile, with White grizzle and a Orange, single eyed HUD.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Dark Azure legs with Silver Metallic boots, continuation of Orange circuitry printing upper.
  • Accessory: Batman's grappling gun in Silver Metallic with Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange chain saw inserted and a pair of newer, CMF skis in TFRO too.

On 9/24/2017 at 6:49 PM, Robert8 said:

A Pregnant Woman is the only minifigure that I consider worthy of introducing a new molded torso

Ooooh that would be cool. I doubt they'll do it though. 

Victorian Gentleman

• Occupation/print on torso: Reddish Brown torso printed with Victorian sports jacket and Earth Green vest underneath.
  • Type of headgear: TLBM Penguin's top hat in Reddish Brown.
  • Type of facial expression: Calm and observant, with a trimmed Dark Brown mustache and thick eyebrows in Dark Brown also.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dark Bluish Grey, with Reddish Brown shoes printed on the toes of the legs. Also, newer cloth coattail piece in Reddish Brown to match torso.
  • Accessory: TLBM Penguin's umbrella in Earth Green.

Racketeer

• Occupation/print on torso: White torso with dual molded arms, White upper, Bright Yellow lower. White dress shirt with Black suspenders as the torso print.
  • Type of headgear: Black fedora.
  • Type of facial expression: Clean shaven with thick, black eyebrows and an aggravated snarl.
  • Color on torso/legs: Black with Dark Brown shoes printed on the toes of the legs.
  • Accessory: Metallic Dark Grey tommy gun and a new doctor's bag mold in Reddish Brown.
On 11/8/2017 at 3:47 AM, parsom said:

Rag doll. Something like this:

A rag doll would make for a great CMF! Definitely one high up there on my CMF wishlist! :thumbup:

Chimpanzee

• Occupation/print on torsoDark Brown torso with hairless parts of the chest expressed in Brick Yellow prints. Hands also done in Brick Yellow.
  • Type of headgear: New hairpiece in Dark Brown with pronounced brow and ears both in Brick Yellow.
  • Type of facial expression: Observant smile on one side, excited toothy smile on the other, printed on a Brick Yellow head.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dark Brown with Brick Yellow toe prints.
  • Accessory: A banana recolored in Flame Yellowish Orange.

Ape Warrior

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark Brown torso with hairless parts of the chest expressed in Brick Yellow prints, Copper Metallic cuffs printed on the Dark Brown arms, and armor part no. 95773 in Titanium Metallic with Copper Metallic monkey motif prints.
  • Type of headgear: Conquistador helmet recolored in Copper Metallic and new hairpiece in Dark Brown with pronounced brow and ears both in Brick Yellow.
  • Type of facial expression: Stern, concentrated look on one side, aggressive snarl on the other, printed on a Brick Yellow head.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Dark Brown legs with Titanium Metallic boots.
  • Accessory: Mace head part no. 24084 recolored in Copper Metallic atop a short Reddish Brown 318 bar.

I'm far too lazy to do the detailed format. But I'd love to see:

• a bard/minstrel type with a big feathered hat and a lute
  • a Mad Max road warrior with spiky shoulders, a chain whip, face paint, and a mohawk

19 hours ago, danth said:

I'm far too lazy to do the detailed format. But I'd love to see:

• a Mad Max road warrior with spiky shoulders, a chain whip, face paint, and a mohawk

Thanks for the idea! The new Ninjago series wave will provide some good parts for this one, including a painted face.

Private Detective

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark Tan trenchcoat with Light Bluish Grey shirt and Dark Red tie.
  • Type of headgear: Dark Tan fedora.
  • Type of facial expression: Concerned, inquiring look.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Dark Tan legs with Dark Bluish Grey "boots", Reddish Brown shoes printed on the toes.
  • Accessory: New pen accessory from Friends recolored in Black and 1×2 tile printed with spiral notepad.

Female Astronaut

• Occupation/print on torso: Orange spacesuit with Classic Space logo on both the torso's left side and upper right arm.
  • Type of headgear: Silver "racer" helmet with Pearl Gold visor.
  • Type of facial expression: Excited, anticipatory look.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Orange legs with Black boots.
  • Accessory: Bright Blue flag piece printed with Classic Space logo, clipped onto a 318 bar.

Automobile Designer

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark Bluish Grey torso with dual molded arms, Dark Bluish Grey upper, Bright Yellow lower. Polo shirt print with Pearl Gold 2×2 brick standing on a single edge in diamond position as automobile brand logo on the upper left side of the shirt.
  • Type of headgear: TLBM Bruce Wayne's hairpiece recolored in Dark Brown.
  • Type of facial expression: Smiling, with square, dark rimed glasses.
  • Color on torso/legs: Brick Yellow with Reddish Brown shoes printed on the toes.
  • Accessory: New pen accessory from Friends recolored in Silver and 2×3 tile printed as a tablet with software etched automobile sketch on screen.
On 12/21/2017 at 12:52 PM, danth said:

a Mad Max road warrior with spiky shoulders, a chain whip, face paint, and a mohawk

While I would have scoffed at the idea of post-apocalyptic CMF a few years ago, it doesn't sound as far fetched now, as we've seen a few Ninjago waves in recent years with villains that seem to come awfully close to that look and style. I'd imagine such an archetype would be called something along the lines of "Highway Bully" or "Wasteland Wanderer".

On 12/21/2017 at 12:52 PM, danth said:

a bard/minstrel type with a big feathered hat and a lute

Have you seen this design of @Robert8's? :classic:

Spoiler

32582370860_126373c6ec_b.jpg

Automobile Hood Ornament

• Occupation/print on torso: Metallic Silver torso printed with Streamlined Art Deco breastplate motifs.
  • Type of headgearS15 Flying Warrior's helmet recolored in Metallic Silver.
  • Type of facial expression: Faint smile with closed eyes.
  • Color on torso/legs: Metallic Silver printed with continuation of torso's Streamlined Art Deco motif prints.
  • Accessory: New Streamlined Art Deco styled wing parts in Metallic Silver clipped onto 1×1 clips, studded onto a 1×2 neck bracket in matching color.

10 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A "Spirit of Ecstasy" minifigure is some out-of-the-box thinking, and I like it.

Thanks! :blush:

Mad mod, sunglasses and ginger sideburns on his head. in fact, ginger mod hair piece. Black shirt and union Jacket (heh) torso. White legs. Also, has a cane with a ruby at the end.

Mountie

• Occupation/print on torso: Bright Red Canadian Mounted Police jacket, with Dark Brown belt cinched center chest with accompanying diagonal one across the chest. Metals printed on the upper right side of the torso too.
  • Type of headgear: Hat design no. 98279 in Brick Yellow.
  • Type of facial expression: Confident smile.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Black legs with Dark Brown boots.
  • Accessory: None.

Pool Guy

Torso: bare chest with muscles/abs/6 pack print. Bare arms and hands.

Headgear: slick looking hair.

Facial expression. Happy face.

Legs: Speedo type bathers similar to the Team GB Swimmer.

Accessory: Black pool scoop net attached to black bar piece.

Pickle Suit Guy

Torso: Green torso, green arms, green hands

Headgear: Pickle suit with hole for face.

Facial Expression: Happy.

Legs: Green with green hips

Accessory: none

Security Guard

Torso: Black torso with gold print security badge, pockets and photo type ID

Headgear: Black baseball cap (the sort with the hole in the top for the headphones part) with white "Security" print

Facial Expression: Happy

Legs: Black with belt printing on the hips

Accessory: New mold torch piece plus a black walkie-talkie

Valet Attendant

Torso: Black sleeveless vest over white shirt with black bow tie.

Headgear: Very neat hair

Facial Expression: Happy

Legs: Black

Accessory: 1 x 2 printed tile with buttons and logo so as to look like the keyfob to a fancy car.

Nerd:

Torso: white shirt with tie and pocket with pens in it

Headgear: nerd hairstyle

Facial Expression: Square nerdy glasses

Legs: black

Accessory: 1 x 2 tile with calculator print, 2 x 2 tile with 5.25" type floppy disk print

Space Marine

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark Red torso with Titanium Metallic segmented armor prints, Classic Space logo on the upper left side of the torso. Also, S7 Galaxy Patrol's armor piece recolored in Dark Red, with same Classic Space logos on its pauldrons, slipped on over the torso.
  • Type of headgearS7 Galaxy Patrol's helmet recolored in Dark Red.
  • Type of facial expression: Determined, observant look with single eyed optical apparatus on one side, Bright Green HUD covering entire face on opposite side with similar expression, minus the optical apparatus.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dark Red with continuation of Titanium Metallic armor prints.
  • Accessory: Two ADU guns recolored in Titanium Metallic.

Some japanese folklore spirits for having a spirit parade:

Yokai parade person #1 (Namahage)

type of headgear: blue demonic ogre headpiece

print on torso: tan/yellowish torso with straw print and white/red rope belt. Dual moulded dark blue arms with tan-yellowish underarms and straw print.

Color on legs: Dark blue hips with continuation of straw from torso and dualmoulded legs with tan-yellowish beneath and straw print

Accessory: the mop piece in white upsidedown on a stick

Yokai parade person #2 (Kappa)

type of headgear: headpiece with beak and weird hair with water on top

print on torso: turtle body

backpiece: turtle backpiece

color on legs: green

Accessory: bananapiece in green (resembling a cucumber), balloon pieces (upper and lower part and printed with one eye and a mouth with his tongue out) resembling a lantern.

Yokai parade person #3 (Tengu)

Type of headgear: red demonic headpiece with long nose and small black hat. White beardpiece

Print on torso/legs: japanese folklore clothing

Backpiece: feathered wings piece

Accessories: A fan and japanese sandals (like the ice skates/roller skates)

Edited by Borex