CopMike

What minifigs are we missing - post your detailed suggestions here

Space Pirate

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark Red jumpsuit, with dark pearl grey armored bits strapped on via reddish brown harness. A huge dark reddish brown bandolier with pouches and pearl grey buckle, Pearl Gold SPIII Black Hole Gang skull emblem on bandolier buckle and arms. PoP spiked pauldrons in pearl dark grey. Dark Bley or black hands.
  • Type of headgear: Pearl Dark Grey tricorn printed with pearl gold bolts, with trans neon green plume. Alternatively NEW hairpiece consisting of braided long hair/dreadlocks moulded in earth orange, moulded cybernetics and tubes in dark pearl grey and a black headscarf/bandana with Black Hole Gang skull emblem in white on front, similar to Jack Sparrow's hairpiece.
  • Type of facial expression: Wicked grin with bionic eye in pearl grey and lime green, some additional subtle implants, golden teeth and a scruffy beard and stubble in earth orange. If with the new hairpiece, there's an alternative face with Pearl Dark grey rebreather covering mouth and nose in the shape of lower skull with black and dark grey tubing.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dark Red (continuing the armored harness and jumpsuit print from the torso) with black boot, and pearl dark grey pegleg. Dark Bley Hips, Pearl Dark Grey Utility belt.
  • Accessory: Overwatch pistol in black, with pearl dark grey candle piece in the place of the barrel. NEW lightsaber hilt with knuckleguard in Pearl Dark Grey, This Ninjago Blade in Trans Neon Green.

Dieselpunk Stormtrooper

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark bley nondescript military fatigues with double brested greatcoat and Reddish Brown tactical harness. Dark Red Patches on Greatcoat's collar. Pearl Dark Grey Galaxy Trooper's/Cyborg's/Space Police Guy's armor piece with printed dents, rust and other tear and wear.
  • Type of headgear: NEW Black Pickelhaube style helmet, with detachable spike in Pearl Grey (the spike is similar in construction to the existing horns, with a peg that can be fitted in a hollow stud or minifig's hand). Rebreather piece in Pearl Dark Grey.
  • Type of facial expression: The head piece is in dark tan, depicting a headwrap or hood worn under helmet, with face printed on it (like Buzz Lightyear minifig head). The face has a stern expression with clenched teeth and furrowed brows. Eyes covered with goggles with dark red lenses. Black stubble, scars, dirt.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded, dark grey with the Coat tails buttoned up print, and Dark Tan Boots with gaiters or puttees.
  • Accessory: Old Western/Adventurers rifle in black, walkie talkie, and NEW entrenching tool (a spade with short handle).

Medieval Tavern Keeper

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark green bodice with tan chemise/undershirt poking through. Tan sleeves.
  • Type of headgear: Forest Maiden's/Endor Leia's hair in light yellow 
  • Type of facial expression: A shrewd smile on a young, ruddy lightly freckled face. Alternative face would be an annoyed frown.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dress piece in dark reddish brown, with stained apron, and a plaid cleaning cloth hanging from a belt.
  • Accessory: Waiters platter in reddish brown, two mugs in pearl grey, New harry Potter broom piece in dark tan, lightsaber blade (broom shaft) in reddish brown.
Edited by Eggyslav

Its fascinating to look back through this thread and see how many of the suggestions we ended up getting in some form.

We are actually missing a whole series of the old avengers collection.Although they have published the what if version but still I would perfer the old avengers 

Roman Centurion

• Occupation/print on torso: Lorica Hamata (Roman chainmail) in pearl grey over a white tunic with red focale (neckscarf), reddish brown harness with pearl gold phalerae (medals) and cingulum (belt), red cape.
  • Type of headgear: Roman helmet cast in pearl gold, with Roman Commander's crest worn sideways, the horse hair part of the crest in black, the base with peg in pearl gold
  • Type of facial expression: Middle aged, with stern expression and slight stubble
  • Color on torso/legs: Dualmolded, top white, continuing the design of the tunic, with pteryges (leather strips hanging from the belt) in reddish brown, with pearl gold studs and finials. Bottom in yellow, depicting mostly bare ankles and feet in caligae (sandals) in reddish brown, and pearl grey greaves.
  • Accessory: Gladius in pearl gold, NEW Pilum style javelin, Scutum shield in red, with pearl gold blazons.

Baroque Dandy

• Occupation/print on torso: Light royal blue Justeaucorps (form-fitting coat) with Vibrant Coral Gilet (long waistcoat) and white frilly cravat, both coat and vest intricately decorated with pearl gold embroidery.
  • Type of headgear: NEW full bottomed powdered wig (the type S7 Judge is wearing) combined with cocked hat. Hat in black with pearl gold embroidery print, wig in white. The hat has a pin hole, in which a lavender feather plume is inserted. Or Captain Hook's hat/hair piece in same colors as above
  • Type of facial expression: Contented smile, on a heavily powdered and rouged face, with thin black mustache and a beauty mark.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded, top light royal blue, continuing the justeaucorps and gilet print, along with royal blue knee breeches. bottom in white, depicting stockings and black bucled shoes as worn in the era. Alternatively, the bottom in tan, depicting horse riding boots with flared top.
  • Accessory: NEW Cane sword accessory: a slender blade with cane handle cast in pearl grey, that sheaths into a hollowed out lightsaber blade.

Wildlife Guy

Torso: Tan Khaki shirt

Headgear: Either the fedora hat or a new hat that represents an Aussie bush style hat. (e.g. Akubra)

Head: Happy expression

Legs: Tan Khaki shorts with boots.

Accessory: Koala

Laser Tag Player:

Torso: Shirt with Laser Tag vest

Headgear: Suitable hair

Legs: Blue jeans

Accessory: Laser tag gun

Stunt Pilot:

Torso: Flight suit

Headgear: Flight helmet in a new color along with the flight helmet visor and the oxygen mask piece

Head: Expression that implies lots of physical exertion

Legs: Flight suit legs

Accessory: Sports/gym bag (as carried by Misako in The LEGO Ninjago Movie CMF) as a flight bag

Chauffeur:

Torso: Black suit, white shirt, black tie, white gloves

Headgear: The hat from the new guy with the ship costume but completly black

Legs: Black legs

Accessory: sign indicating who the chauffeur is waiting to pick up

Maid:

Torso: Maid uniform

Headgear: Suitable hair

Legs: Maid uniform legs

Accessory: Spray cleaner bottle

Steam Train Driver/Fireman:

Torso: Light blue shirt and dark blue overalls with brown gloves

Headgear: Hat from the plumber CMF in dark blue

Head: Sweating with black coal dust on the face

Legs: Overalls legs

Accessory: Coal shovel

Taco Suit Guy:

Torso: shirt with taco printing

Headgear: Sombrero

Head: suitable head

Legs: suitable legs

Accessory: Taco costume worn around the neck or waist somehow,

Greek Hoplite
Dwarf King
Futuron Minifig 2022
medieval Plague Doctor
Roman Archer
Knights Templar
Blue Coat Soldier 2022

licensed:
LotR: Witch King (not Ghost Version)
LotR: Sauron
LotR: Gondor Soldier
LotR: Easterling Soldier
LotR: Haradrim Soldier

Edited by wanderer1980

For CMF figures I have a few historical and real life figures I would like to see:

Charles Darwin tribute figure:
bald cap, white Gandalf beard, book with new print with printed tile with his first tree of life sketch ‘I think’ notes. Comes with a new mould for a pet tortoise. 

Terracotta warrior:

new mould for the hair tied up, comes with a long sward, bow and quiver and printed samurai armoured chest place. The entire figure and accessories are coloured in the same dark tan with printing picking out the fine details and adding weathering etc. the mixed weapons means you can change what kind of soldier it is. 

Mary Anning tribute figure: 
printed dress slope, new mould for the hair/hat to look like her portrait. Small basket in brick yellow, 2x2 round plate with fossil ammonite print, hammer. Her dog also if there is budget.

Venus de milo:

new moulds for the arms cut off at the elbow, printed dress slope, brick to stand on. Figure is monochrome white in colour but with detailed printing for the dress etc and shadows on the body, the face etc 

First Chinese emperor:

detailed printed body and dress slope, new mould for the hat/hair. Comes with a tile with a print of a decorative dragon carving. 

Greek god Apollo:

comes with a new mould for a lyre, elvish bow and quiver in gold. 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Pool Guy:

Torso: Pool Guy uniform

Headgear: Straw hat

Head: Smiling face with sunglasses

Legs: Shorts

Accessory: Pool scoop net

French Fry costume:

Torso: Torso with suitable image on it

Headgear: French Fry costume (similar to the popcorn costume)

Head: Happy face

Legs: suitable legs

Accessory: tomato ketchup bottle

Vita Rush Can costume:

Torso: torso with Vita Rush logo on it

Headgear: Vita Rush Can costume

Head: Happy face

Legs: Suitable legs

Accessory: Vita Rush can

Marching Band musician:

Torso: Marching Band uniform

Headgear: Marching Band hat

Head: Face blowing hard

Legs: Marching Band uniform

Accessory: Sousaphone

Classical Composer:

Torso: 1700s era clothing

Headgear: hair

Head: Suitable head

Legs: 1700s era clothing

Accessory: unfinished musical score being composed

Edited by jonwil

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

Marching Band musician:

Torso: Marching Band uniform

Headgear: Marching Band hat

Head: Face blowing hard

Legs: Marching Band uniform

Accessory: Sousaphone

I’ve always wanted figure just like this! The sousaphone would be a great accessory, and the figure could be reused for a whole marching band! 

Although, the sousaphone instrument prevents the musicians from wearing a standard shako hat, so they usually wear a beret instead. Ideally, the figure would include both pieces. 

On 11/17/2022 at 11:43 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

For CMF figures I have a few historical and real life figures I would like to see:

Terracotta warrior:

new mould for the hair tied up, comes with a long sward, bow and quiver and printed samurai armoured chest place. The entire figure and accessories are coloured in the same dark tan with printing picking out the fine details and adding weathering etc. the mixed weapons means you can change what kind of soldier it is. 

Venus de milo:

new moulds for the arms cut off at the elbow, printed dress slope, brick to stand on. Figure is monochrome white in colour but with detailed printing for the dress etc and shadows on the body, the face etc 

First Chinese emperor:

detailed printed body and dress slope, new mould for the hat/hair. Comes with a tile with a print of a decorative dragon carving. 

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

I've always wondered whatever happened to the Roman/ Greek minifigs line from the earlier CMFs.

On that theme of Asian minifigs, I would like to see a Thai traditional dancer (female) with that ornate costume - printing would be elaborate and would require a new headpiece.

I would also like to see a goat/ sheep costume guy!

Your best hope for a goat costume will be 2027 when it will be the Year of the Goat and (if LEGO continues producing Chinese New Year sets the way they do now) the Chinese New Year set will feature a goat costume.

Edited by jonwil

I just visited the Tutankhamun exhibit in Dorchester, England, it’s very good and gave me inspiration for another figure. We have had mummy’s before but we could have a less ‘scoobydoo’ version: 

Tutankhamun statue, based on the real mummy and gold sarcophagus as it was fully decorated:

Updated golden headdress/mask with the vulture & snake heads at the top of the forehead. Printed front and back for the glass stripes. It is Moulded in gold plastic. 
Accessories in hand: Shepard's crook and flail in pearl gold 

Body, head and legs parts are all pearl gold with printing detailing the decorations, jewellery etc. the face is printed to integrate with the headdress to look like the golden mask. 
new mould: Egyptian braided beard piece which fits under the head like a normal beard. 

one more accessory of there was budget: Anubis shrine statue: new mould of a stylised jackal lying down: moulded in black with gold details.  

Edited by Bugbot20082

14 hours ago, hikouki said:

I've always wondered whatever happened to the Roman/ Greek minifigs line from the earlier CMFs.

They did them for a while, then got caught up in costume figures! I guess warrior style figures still exist in the form of knights but obviously a different period and not any set real-world age. There was a few ancient Egypt too.

I hope they never return to the CMF. Not as I don't want them, but if they did Roman or Greek soldiers again then they would be impossible to buy for a reasonable price given how LEGO has gone recently. If they want to revist Roman or Greek or Egyptian times, I'd hope they just make sets instead.

23 hours ago, hikouki said:

Those were some of my favourite figures of all time! I have the Minotaur, Medusa, Cyclopes, Poseidon and the warrior goddess, I have made the rest of the main 12 with other parts such as the Roman emperor but wish they had continued making gods and lesser known monsters. The centaur is nice but I wish it was more monstrous/beasty looking with torso and head which matched the colour of the centaur body, pointy ears etc 

I have another idea for an awesome figure:

The Kraken:

updated fish tail from vidiyo

existing Garmadon body parts

Atlantis lobster guardian claws on all 4 hands

new fierce monster head mould with roaring open mouth. Or the squid drummer head with different printing

Whole figure in olive green top to bottom with printing for the body muscles and scales etc on the belly flowing through each segment.

It’s inspired by the Ray Harryhausen version but more scary and more modern looking especially in the head

Edited by Bugbot20082

I don’t read this forum much so apologies if I’m repeating anyone else’s ideas:

Fly fisherman:

Printing of high olive green waders

olive green recolour of scarecrow hat with pin hole. 

content beardy facial expression with straw in the mouth

dark green toolbox with fish lure printed on the side

fishing rod in black 

Final accessory: new mould for a standing European Herron. Like the flamingo it can function as the real bird or a plastic garden ornament used to protect a pond.

Edited by Bugbot20082

Sheep Shearer:

Torso: Singlet with bare arms

Headgear: Hair

Head: Exerting effort/sweating

Legs: Jeans

Accessory: Sheep Shears

Wheelchair Motocross rider: (something I just learned is a thing the other day, people in wheelchairs who do tricks like skateboarders or BMX riders would)

Torso: Casual torso

Headgear: Helmet

Legs: Casual pants

Accessory: Wheelchair (in a new color)

Opera Singer/Diva

• Occupation/print on torso: 18th century style Robe a'la Francaise in bright yellow, with white and pearl gold, intricately embroideried stomacher, and big diamond necklace
  • Type of headgear: Rococco Aristocrat Wig in light bley
  • Type of facial expression: Double sided: one with a charming smile, second with strained, "hitting top F" singing expression, both with heavy theatrical makeup.
  • Color on torso/legs: The Wide skirt introduced with Queen CMF, in light yellow, showing white petticoat, matching Stomacher.
  • Accessory: White fan, a classic wineglass piece in trans-white, with a printed crack

Ship's Cook

• Occupation/print on torso: Dark Blue vest worn over tan shirt with open collar. Red neckerchief. Tan arms.
  • Type of headgear: Pirate Bandana in white
  • Type of facial expression: Grim expression, with black eyepatch and dark brown, graying sideburns.
  • Color on torso/legs: Hips black, with reddish brown belt with pearl gold buckle, one leg dual moulded, black on top with dark brown boot. The second leg is a reddish brown pegleg. NEW white Cloth apron, similar to cloth skirts and kamas.
  • Accessory: Clumsy Guy's crutch in reddish brown, meat cleaver in pearl grey.

Ice Planet Explorer

• Occupation/print on torso: A black parka with white fur lining, with a life support system emblazoned with Ice Planet 2002 emblem over it. White arms, blue hands. White airtanks
  • Type of headgear: Nexo Knights helmet in white, with classical Ice Planet 2002 visor in Trans Neon Orange
  • Type of facial expression: Confident smile, thick white eyebrows and mustache covered with snow, and pearl grey ski goggles.
  • Color on torso/legs: Hips white, legs black, with blue kneepads.
  • Accessory: a pair of skiis in Trans Neon Orange, Chainsaw handle piece in blue, chainsaw blade piece in Trans Neon Orange
Edited by Eggyslav

The new season of Ninjago has a character with cat-eared headphones, so I can see that piece being reused (recoloured) for a 'gamer girl' archetype at some point. 

On 5/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, primocucu said:

image.png.d39ec5009459e7fb84bc76f36d2e0143.png

Back in 2020, a new hero team arrived in Lego Universe, when the Super Warrior appeared in the CMF Series 20. Unfortunately, no teammates showed up during these three years. No blue. No green. No White. No one.

I was really excited to get this sentai inspired team in Lego form, but it never happened. Do you recall other cases of a minifig that could trigger a mini theme in CMF releases but didn't happen?

On 5/2/2023 at 1:14 PM, Murdoch17 said:

It's possible they only wanted to release this one figure. Or, it didn't sell well enough to warrant another. Or any number of production reasons we can't fathom because we don't work for LEGO.

The only "mini themes" are the duos that sometime pop up over the years. I can think of is the red / green dragon, caveman / cavewoman off the top of my head, but their are probably more. I don't think they do more than duos, though, so a whole team isn't going to happen. Besides, we have so many potential other duos unfinished... For example: where is the Hippie (series 7)'s female companion? It's been over a decade, and all we've gotten is a revamped version in 2017 (Flower Child)!

...anyway, I hope this answers your question, @primocucu.

@primocucu recently started this other thread and it occurred to me to compile a list of 'missing' minifig counterparts from all the previous CMFs:

Super Warrior Counterpart

Female Hippie

Female Magician

The Good Witch

Groom

Male Ballet Dancer

Male Hula Dancer

Male Rococo Aristocrat

Female Aztec

Female Orc

(On one of the new City sets - the ice cream shop, is that a new polar bear suit?)

Edited by hikouki

Mutant Guy with two heads

Gardener with a gnome sculpture and gardening tool

2x2 Brick Suit Girl or Boy

Norse Goddes (Freya)

Sphinx 

Medieval Witch with a new large cauldron 

Diner Cook 

Burger Costume Lady