CopMike

What minifigs are we missing - post your detailed suggestions here

Biohazard Suit Guy (cant think of a better name but I am talking about the sort of person who works with infectious diseases and other biological hazards)

Torso Print: Blue torso with air hoses and black webbing belt with plastic clip buckle (like the straps and clips on a backpack). White hands.

Headgear: Hazmat Suit Guy helmet in blue with bio-hazard symbol on the front and trans-clear visor

Facial Expression: Breathing mask.

Legs: Blue

Accessory: 2 x 2 printed tile with a microscope-view of some sort of microbe on it and/or a 1x1 round tile in clear with printing to look like a petri dish full of germs.

Electrician

Torso Print: Blue shirt, yellow high-vis vest and reflective silver stripes

Headgear: Yellow hard hat

Facial Expression: Happy

Legs: Blue jeans with belt and electrical tools

Accessory: Yellow printed tile with multi-meter pattern and Light Cover with Internal Bar in trans-clear (to represent a light bulb)

Biker

Torso Print: Black leather jacket

Headgear: Helmet from the Toy Story army guys but in black.

Facial Expression: Black beard and moustache similar to the S15 Astronaut with black sunglasses similar to the ones on the female cop in this years Police Starter Set.

Legs: Black leather pants and belt

Accessory: Shoulder bag in black

Cyberpunk Guy (the sort of guy you see using fancy VR gear to access "Cyberspace" in movies and cartoons and stuff)

Torso Print: Black with bright blue circuitry markings. Black gloves.

Headgear: That fancy looking white/trans-blue helmet from Ultra Agents but in black/trans-blue

Facial Expression: Determined look (like the guy is "in the zone and concentrating really hard")

Legs: Continuation of the circuitry markings from the torso

Accessory: Trans-clear 2 x 2 tile with blue futuristic cyberspace looking markings

School Student

Torso Print: School uniform (generic enough to be gender neutral)

Headgear: S5 Zookeeper hair in black

Facial Expression: Female face with happy expression

Legs: Matching the torso

Accessory: New school type backpack piece (again gender neutral and not "girly" like most of the Friends type bags are)

Synth-Pop Artist

Torso Print: Synth-Pop type gear

Headgear: Hair of some sort

Facial Expression: Suitable very expressive face

Accessory: Keytar (its basically a keyboard that you hold much like a guitar)

Edited by jonwil

Sock Hopper

Torso print: White blouse with pearls or pink scarf

Headgear: High ponytail

Facial expression: Big smile, cat-eye glasses

Legs: Dual-molded yellow and white with printed black Mary-Janes.

Bodywear: Pink cloth skirt with poodle image

Accessory: 2x2 round tile with vinyl record design

On 9/3/2017 at 4:04 AM, jonwil said:

Biohazard Suit Guy (cant think of a better name but I am talking about the sort of person who works with infectious diseases and other biological hazards)

Torso Print: Blue torso with air hoses and black webbing belt with plastic clip buckle (like the straps and clips on a backpack). White hands.

Headgear: Hazmat Suit Guy helmet in blue with bio-hazard symbol on the front and trans-clear visor

Facial Expression: Breathing mask.

Legs: Blue

Accessory: 2 x 2 printed tile with a microscope-view of some sort of microbe on it and/or a 1x1 round tile in clear with printing to look like a petri dish full of germs

Biker

Torso Print: Black leather jacket

Headgear: Helmet from the Toy Story army guys but in black.

Facial Expression: Black beard and moustache similar to the S15 Astronaut with black sunglasses similar to the ones on the female cop in this years Police Starter Set.

Legs: Black leather pants and belt

Accessory: Shoulder bag in black

Cyberpunk Guy (the sort of guy you see using fancy VR gear to access "Cyberspace" in movies and cartoons and stuff)

Headgear: That fancy looking white/trans-blue helmet from Ultra Agents but in black/trans-blue

Facial Expression: Determined look (like the guy is "in the zone and concentrating really hard")

Accessory: Trans-clear 2 x 2 tile with blue futuristic cyberspace looking markings

School Student

Torso Print: School uniform (generic enough to be gender neutral)

Headgear: S5 Zookeeper hair in black

Facial Expression: Female face with happy expression

Accessory: New school type backpack piece (again gender neutral and not "girly" like most of the Friends type bags are)

Synth-Pop Artist

Torso Print: Synth-Pop type gear

Headgear: Hair of some sort

Facial Expression: Suitable very expressive face

Accessory: Keytar (its basically a keyboard that you hold much like a guitar)

Yes to all of that. I think the SoG wave of Ninjago next year is gonna give us a biker like this, by and large. A Cyberpunk Guy that looked suspiciously like Crash Override would get all my dollardoos. Just gonna leave this here for the Synth-Pop musician. You know I'm right.

flock1.jpg

On 9/3/2017 at 11:50 PM, Karalora said:

Sock Hopper

Torso print: White blouse with pearls or pink scarf

Headgear: High ponytail

Facial expression: Big smile, cat-eye glasses

Legs: Dual-molded yellow and white with printed black Mary-Janes.

Bodywear: Pink cloth skirt with poodle image

Accessory: 2x2 round tile with vinyl record design

Yes to this'un as well.

I was thinking the Synth-Pop Artist should have a really out there look (maybe a lime green hairpiece or something, something that represents the best of 80s "weird")

Holiday Sweater Guy

• Occupation/print on torso:  Bright Green knit sweater with MiniFig Santa Claus head imagery.
  • Type of headgear: TLNM Jay's hairpiece in Dark Orange.
  • Type of facial expression: Sheepish expression under burly Dark Orange beard.
  • Color on torso/legs: Bright Red with Reddish Brown slippers printed on feet.
  • Accessory: Bright Red mug with Bright Green Christmas tree print.

Space Knight

• Occupation/print on torso: Light Bluish Grey torso with segmented armored plating and Classic Space logo center chest.
  • Type of headgear:  Bright Blue year two Nexo Knights armor with Trans-yellow shoulder pauldrons, and Bright Blue helmet design 22380 with Clay's visor in Light Bluish Grey.
  • Type of facial expression: Calm but concentrated smile.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Light Bluish Grey with continuation of torso armor prints and Bright Blue boots.
  • Accessory: Nexo Knights Clay's sword in Light Bluish Grey and Trans-yellow.
On 8/28/2017 at 12:51 PM, RebelliousRebel said:

can't believe no one has suggested a wastelander (fallout or mad max style survivor)

I think the post apocalyptic genre is a bit too ominous for Lego to touch upon within the CMS line; but I think that if anything, Lego would probably instead attempt an action theme based upon the genre steered the way they'd wish to touch upon it.

I made a suggestion on a topic of @Peppermint_M's hypothesizing a plausible idea for an action theme based upon the genre, something that would have a more positive, optimistic take on it despite the nature of the source material.

But having said all that, what would you possibly envision for a CMF based upon the genre yourself? :classic:

On 9/3/2017 at 4:04 AM, jonwil said:

I see what you did there. :wink:

th?id=OIP.cX-APLsOcCFYG-qaenBozAEsC7&pid

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Holiday Sweater Guy

Occupation/print on torso:  Bright Green knit sweater with MiniFig Santa Claus head imagery.

Type of headgear: TLNM Jay's hairpiece in Dark Orange.

Type of facial expression: Sheepish expression under burly Dark Orange beard.

Color on torso/legs: Bright Red with Reddish Brown slippers printed on feet.

Accessory: Bright Red mug with Bright Green Christmas tree print.

Yes please! I'd love to have an entire series of Christmas/winter holiday-themed minifigs, the way we had Series 14 for Halloween.

Tooth Fairy:

torso: a print of a smiling tooth

accessoires: butterflywings, new skirtpiece and magic wand. 

Troll and Gnome:

troll has barely clothes and leprechaun is the new babymould printed as gnome. Gnome uses new hat piece that fits on a babyhead. Troll has a club and gnome has a scared face  

Edited by Borex
Leprechaun into Gnome

2 hours ago, Borex said:

Tooth Fairy:

torso: a print of a smiling tooth

accessoires: butterflywings, new skirtpiece and magic wand. 

As much as I want to see the butterfly wing mold used more, I think this minifigure should have fairy wings.

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Holiday Sweater Guy

Occupation/print on torso:  Bright Green knit sweater with MiniFig Santa Claus head imagery.

Type of headgear: TLNM Jay's hairpiece in Dark Orange.

Type of facial expression: Sheepish expression under burly Dark Orange beard.

Color on torso/legs: Bright Red with Reddish Brown slippers printed on feet.

Accessory: Bright Red mug with Bright Green Christmas tree print

Really like this one.

10 hours ago, Karalora said:

Yes please! I'd love to have an entire series of Christmas/winter holiday-themed minifigs, the way we had Series 14 for Halloween.

It might be time for LEGO to cook us up a figure-heavy Advent calender, or perhaps a Fun in Winter set. Not that I'm opposed to a Christmas-themed CMF, mind you, I just want to get back to a year or two of random, non-licensed, non-themed CMF series.

Robert8 has several series worth of concepts, don't tell me LEGO can't do likewise.

17 minutes ago, brickmasterben11 said:

What if there was a series that just had people wearing suits?

CMF Series 18 will be a "costume party". So, all the minifigures will be wearing suits :classic:

43 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

CMF Series 18 will be a "costume party". So, all the minifigures will be wearing suits :classic:

I don't think he means that kind of suit.

:pir-laugh:

After the AMAZING CMF Spy based heavily on the original version of Dash from Alpha Team, a part of me kind of hopes for other classic Alpha Team characters to get a similar treatment!

Evil Mastermind (Ogel): Probably could use the shoulder pad piece from Red Hood and Mr. Freeze. Not sure what existing helmet would be most appropriate, or whether a new one would be better. Unlike the other characters, who generally got worse in later waves of Alpha Team, it wouldn't be terrible for Ogel to take some inspiration from the later versions of the character in the form of a hook hand, which is an iconic look (heck, maybe the hook could even be updated to a new, more sci-fi version). Otherwise, the classic Ogel fig is also light on detail, so there's a lot of room for improvisation.

Demolitions Expert (Crunch): His flak jacket could potentially be exchanged for a molded version, the printed dynamite on his torso can be swapped for a molded dynamite accessory, and his bandanna can be updated to the modern version.

Recon Agent (Radia): A significant update would be to update her headgear (possibly to a hat with the hair molded in?). She could also potentially use a molded hood piece like Wyldstyle's, and if the colored arms of the other characters are maintained it'd be neat if she could get one on the purple side of her outfit as well to better match her teammates.

Hacker (Charge): A more distinctive hairpiece is a must. Otherwise, I'm not sure what best to do with him... laptop accessory, maybe? If we really want to lean into the hacker angle, maybe a soda. :tongue:

Vehicle Technician (Cam): Like many of the others, a more distinctive hairpiece would be a huge plus, and like Radia, I wouldn't mind if her outfit were updated to have more of her color cue (red) to add consistency with the others (though perhaps not, since her sleeveless look is pretty interesting itself). It might be neat to see her have some tools as accessories instead of merely having them printed on the torso.

Daredevil/Infiltration Expert (Flex): I'd hope that unlike the later versions of Flex, this one would keep that classic mile-wide grin. I'm not sure what accessories would suit a new Flex best, since the CMF Spy already featured the rope accessory. Perhaps a parachute? His helmet could go either way—it's effective enough to stay but a more modern one or even a brand-new one could work as well.

3 hours ago, brickmasterben11 said:

PICKLE RIIIIIIICK! (Sorry)

What if there was a series that just had people wearing suits?

I turned myself into a lego!!!!

I have a few less specific suggestions, some that may have already been suggested on this topic that I may elaborate on in detail in the future. If any of these ideas inspire you to expand upon them in this topic's suggestion fill out form, I would love to hear what you may have in mind. :sweet:

• For historical archetypes, how about a Babylonian King and/or Soldier, a Victorian Gentleman and/or Gentlewoman, an Arabian Prince and/or Princess, an Oriental Emperor and/or Empress, an Evil King and/or Queen, a Frontiersman and/or Frontierswoman, a Calvary General and/or Soldier, and finally, a Dutch Boy and/or Girl?
  • For fantasy archetypes, how about a Sorceress, a Swamp Monster, and a Fantasy Knight (the kind you would see on the gaudy cover art of 1980's fantasy paperback novels :laugh:)?
  • For science fiction archetypes, how about a Space Cop, a Time Traveler (something Steampunk/Jules Verne in style), a Classic Space-themed Starfighter Pilot, a female counterpart to the S17 Retro Space Hero, and a generic Superhero and/or Superheroine?
  • For City centric based archetypes, how about a Barber, a Professional Cyclist, a Canadian Mountie, an Archaeologist, a Bird Watcher, a Film Director, a Female Hippie, a Prom suit guy, a Fly Fisherman, a Golfer, and finally a Train Conductor and/or Engineer?
On 9/9/2017 at 6:06 PM, Lyichir said:

Evil Mastermind (Ogel): Probably could use the shoulder pad piece from Red Hood and Mr. Freeze. Not sure what existing helmet would be most appropriate, or whether a new one would be better. Unlike the other characters, who generally got worse in later waves of Alpha Team, it wouldn't be terrible for Ogel to take some inspiration from the later versions of the character in the form of a hook hand, which is an iconic look (heck, maybe the hook could even be updated to a new, more sci-fi version). Otherwise, the classic Ogel fig is also light on detail, so there's a lot of room for improvisation.

What a great idea! When I first saw that new TLBM Mr. Freeze armor piece, I had thought the exact same thing! :grin:

I had made a similar suggestion earlier on this topic for a villainous archetype as a counter to the S17 Retro Space Hero proposing usage of the same armor part recolored in black.

Galactic Overlord

• Occupation/print on torso: Cybernetic armor with Bright Red skull logo center chest.
  • Type of headgear: TLBM Mr. Freeze's armor in Black with same Bright Red skull logo, topped with Trans. Red dome piece and Dark Red cape.
  • Type of facial expression: Puckered grimace with single Bright Red cybernetic eye.
  • Color on torso/legs: Black with single matching color cybernetic leg.
  • Accessory: None

Movie Fan

Occupation/print on torso: White jacket with White shirt underneath.

Type of headgear: Printed hat with "Lego Studios" printing.

Type of facial expression: "Happy" expression/Mad expression. 

Color on torso/legs: Blue

Accessory: None.

Edited by Hart New Bob
typo

How's about that:

Oriental Villain

Occupation/Print on torso: Chinese Mandarin style Dark Red and black robe, with jade beads necklace

Type of Headgear: A bald head, A mandarin Hat (Sailor's hat in Black with golden details), or a new mould, a queue, a long single Braid of Hair, either falling straight down the figs back, or wrapped around neck. Also a black Cape with a dark red or golden Chinese Dragon design.

Type of Facial Expression: An evil smirk, or a serious expression with furrowed brows. Long, thin handlebar moustache (mayhaps as a neck accessory) and a Spiky Beard.

Colors on Torso/Legs: Dark Red, with Design of the Torso continuing onto Legs. Optionally, Legs in a form of a slope.

Accessory: Some sort of Dagger, or TLNM Lloyd's Dao sword.

Gothic/Spooky Guy

Occupation/Print on Torso: A fancy black Victorian-like coat with ruffled shirt and Cravat, and black/silver pinstriped vest with silver buttons, white hands

Type of Headgear: A new Hat+hair combo: A black top Hat with long black straight Hair. And a black Cape with standing Collar.

Type of Facial Expression: White Head, Very grim and serious, frowning mouth, eyes with grey eyeshadow, small round glasses with tinted lens, optionally a small goatie.

Color on Torso/Legs: All Black, with silver Pinstripe, Matching the Vest.

Accessory: A black Bat, or a new walking cane mold.

Steampunk Pirate

Occupation/Print on Torso: A white Frilly Blouse and a heavy leather Corset with brass buckles in front, Goggles slung on neck, dark reddish brown hands, arms printed with leather belts on wrists, and a logo on back of the torso: A Gear with two crossed wrenches. On the Bottom a black belt with golden Buckles and some pouches.

Type of Headgear: Either Calamity Drone's hair with a new hat, Cavewoman's hair with a wrench clipped onto it, or Fortune Teller's hair + Bandana Combo. Hair in Black, hat/bandana in reddish brown, wrench in pearl grey.

Type of Facial Expression: Eyelashes, red lipstic. Playful smile. One eye covered with steampunkish mechanical eyepatch, with a scar underneath.

Color on Torso/Legs: Dr. Rathbone's prosthetic leg in copper or Pearl Dark Grey, Brown hips, black leg with a high boot design,

Accessories: An aformentionned wrench, Ninjago Skybound Pirate Cutlass in gold, or Flint Pistol in Copper; A tattered cloth skirt with printed White and Dark Red Stripes.

Edited by Eggyslav

Retro Space Heroine

• Occupation/print on torso: Feminized Sand Blue variant of the S17 Retro Space Hero's torso print with Copper and Bright Red accenting. Also dual molded arms, Sand Blue upper, Light Bluish Grey lower with Bright Red elbow pad prints.
  • Type of headgear: S17 Retro Space Hero's helmet in Copper with Bright Red crest and antennas.
  • Type of facial expression: Excited open mouth smile.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Sand Blue legs with Light Bluish Grey boots and Bright Red kneepad prints.
  • Accessory: New dual rocket jetpack piece and S17 Retro Space Hero's ray gun, both in Copper.

Superhero

• Occupation/print on torso: Bright Red torso with upper chest printed in Bright Blue. Top view Bright Yellow 2×2 brick standing on a edge in a diamond position as emblem center chest. Also dual molded arms, Bright Blue upper, Bright Yellow lower with Bright Red hands.
  • Type of headgear: BvS Superman hairpiece in Cool Yellow and Bright Blue full length cape.
  • Type of facial expression: Wide, open mouth smile printed on a Bright Blue head with mouth and eyes uncovered to portray full face cover mask.
  • Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Bright Red legs with Bright Blue boots.
  • Accessory: None.
On 9/13/2017 at 6:22 PM, Eggyslav said:

How's about that:

• Oriental Villain
  • Gothic/Spooky Guy
  • Steampunk Pirate

All three of these! :thumbup: :sweet:

For me, heroic/villainous archetypes make for the best CMFs; and yes, I certainly would love to see some Steampunk/Dieselpunk archetypes make their way towards future CMSs!

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Retro Space Heroine

Occupation/print on torso: Feminized Sand Blue variant of the S17 Retro Space Hero's torso print with Copper and Bright Red accenting. Also dual molded arms, Sand Blue upper, Light Bluish Grey lower with Bright Red elbow pad prints.

Type of headgear: S17 Retro Space Hero's helmet in Copper with Bright Red crest and antennas.

Type of facial expression: Excited open mouth smile.

Color on torso/legs: Dual molded Sand Blue legs with Light Bluish Grey boots and Bright Red kneepad prints.

Accessory: New dual rocket jetpack piece and S17 Retro Space Hero's ray gun, both in Copper.

Is this because you want a girlfriend for your profile picture?

Edited by Hart New Bob

6 minutes ago, Hart New Bob said:

Is this because you want a girlfriend for your profile picture?

Nah, I just want to see more retro comic strip space based archetypes done for the Collectable Minifigure line, so I thought I'd just throw that out there. I've previously proposed on this topic a suggestion for a antagonistic counterpart to the S17 Retro Space Hero, a sort of Ogel/Ming the Merciless type villain to fall into that vain. 

Now it was certainly nice to see @Robert8 design a robotic companion for the Retro Space Hero in his latest custom CMS, something I'd suggest you check out if you haven't already. :classic:

For the Retro Space Heroine, I'd prefer more of a 1:1 female version with the same color scheme than one with a new color scheme.  But that's just me.

Animator

Occupation/print on torso: Very light blue shirt with pencil in pocket.

Type of headgear: Open top cap with black hair.

Type of facial expression: Happy/"Oh no!" expression.

Color on torso/legs: Green with black shoes.

Accessory: Pencil and sketch of Fabuland animal.

Game show Host

Occupation/print on torso: green pin stripe suit.

Type of headgear: I don't know for sure.  maybe a new hair mold.

Type of facial expression: Happy/Confused expression.

Color on torso/legs: Green with black shoes.

Accessory: microphone.

Edited by Hart New Bob

Medieval farmgirl

Torso with slope piece in a brown colour, and with a medieval print (a bosom with laces or something like that, and with some patched up or dirty spots on it)

Type of facial expression: happy

Accessory: A goose and a stick

Lieutenant

Occupation/print on torso: Updated version of Blue/Redcoat, torso with back printing.

Type of headgear:  duel molded tricorne with powdered wig.

Type of facial expression: Confident with expression.

Color on torso/legs: White with black boots.

Accessory: Sword and Pistol