Set Number: 3221

Name: City Truck

Theme: City

Year of Release: 2010

Pieces: 278

Minifigs: 2

Price: 29.99 Euro

S@H description:

Load the LEGO® City Truck and make a delivery to the airport!

An urgent delivery needs to be made to the LEGO® City airport. Use the trolley to help load the LEGO boxes into the back of the truck and hop into tAn urgent delivery needs to be made to the LEGO City airport. Use the trolley to help load the LEGO boxes into the back of the truck and hop into the driver’s seat to transport them to the airport.

* Includes driver and worker minifigures

* Features 9 boxes and 1 trolley

* Remove the truck top to see the bed and flat screen TV

* Open the trailer doors to load up!

* Truck measures almost 15" (39cm ) long

BrickLink BrickSet

---------------------------------

Hi there

this ist he review of the new set 3221. I hope you like it, since it is my first review. I apologize for the partly grainy pics, but unfortunately there’s no sun outside :-(

Part 1: The Box

The box features the well known blue city-frame

4588258967_f3abda8802.jpg

On the back you can see the minifigures (un-)loading the truck

4588259383_7676d31e82.jpg

On the box's top, the minifigs appear again

4588879986_25eebeb32e.jpg

Part 2: The Contents

There are 3 numbered bags, one sticker sheet, 2 bigger plates for the trailer and one instruction book

4588880330_901e3f7454.jpg

Random instruction shot. All colors are easy to seperate, also dark and light bley.

4589049782_e9ac164644.jpg

the sticker sheet was bent, but luckily not broken. It features lego logos for the truck, 3 car signs and the stickers for the lego sets

4588260355_a8d0c5023a.jpg4588880924_75cc5ce720.jpg

Part 3: The Build

Bag 1: The lower truck part and lego sets

mostly basic parts, so nothing new here

4588261049_e0df1eec6b.jpg

Minifigures: I like the new overall :wub: There is also the new cap. You can hardly see that the right figure actually wears sunglasses

4588261381_b2bbe85d74.jpg

The build itself isn't very complex, it uses mostly plates and basic parts. Every step contains 2-5 parts

4588881888_81850439e2.jpg

4588261999_14d1dd84c7.jpg

4588262449_7f3297ed27.jpg

4588262833_6ae6b578ab.jpg

4588883430_86ab73b523.jpg

The lego sets included :classic: Those are so cool :wub: There are the truck itself, Police car 7236 and Fire Rescue Car 7942

9 "sets" is ok for this set. I calculated a bit and you could fit 78 small together with 90 big sets into the trailer :wink:

4588884674_08f2d7102a.jpg

What I don't understand are the box's sizes. Compared to the truck set (2x2 Tile), the other sets would had to be 1x1 tiles. Now imagine the size for 10179 Millenium Falcon or 10188 Death Star :classic:

Bag 2: The upper truck part

4588429607_d9a6402393.jpg

Yellow plane windows and the only printed part. It's the flatscreen for the driver's cabin (see instruction pic above)

Yes, the 1x2x2 panel is the new one with bridges :sceptic:

4589049922_25a8850a4f.jpg4588431391_47da35ca57.jpg

4589051818_95e2573eb6.jpg

4588431603_bc501a74b0.jpg

4589052022_b868b95a69.jpg

Complete :cry_happy: (without stickers)

4588431777_87df89f360.jpg

What I really don't like are those elephant ears side mirrors

4589052190_e7e5bd68fb.jpg

Bag 3 The trailer

Now look at these doors! The last time they appeared in yellow was 1971 !

4588431987_e30ff734ac.jpg

The build is very easy. It's just the lage panels, doors and the big plates

4588432081_db136a0f81.jpg

More interesting is the underside. Clever use of the telescopes. To attach the trailer to the truck lego uses this part

4589052596_f315aedcd3.jpg

DONE :classic:

4588432273_4e68f6282b.jpg

Spare parts:

4589052756_5d9c843018.jpg

Part 4: bigger pics

Click here

Hope you liked it

kind regards

Sebastian

Edited by TheBrickster

Yay! This set is awesome! I love the trailer, and the tractor isn't bad either. I think the front could've been done a bit better and the sets could be different sizes, but that's pretty much it that needs improvement :thumbup:

No way, you beat me to the review, just picked this up from the Legoland Windsor Brick Brothers Shop.

£29.99 minus Annual pass discount

Paul

Thanks for the review der seb!

It's hilarious how this set has smaller versions of its box for minifigs to play with. Then each of those three small sets would have three smaller sets inside themselves and so on :wacko::laugh:

I'll definitely get this set if I have any cash left over at the end of 2010. :sweet:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for sharing a review. It's a nice set and I like the color. I've added a poll and front-paged! :thumbup:

EDIT: and congratulations for being our 300th EB Town Forum reviewer!

Thanks for the great review der seb! :thumbup:

I thought that it was a turret on the underside of the truck :look: until I realised that it wasn't Star Wars.

I really like this set and will definetaly be picking this one up if I have any spare money, shame about the price though. :sceptic:

What do you think of the fact that the cabin has only the driver's seat? Isn't that a bit awkward?

Spyros

Yo Dawg! I heard You Liek LEGOS so we put LEGO in your LEGOS!

Hahaha, sorry, I can't stop myself to write this! One of the best Lego ideas! :thumbup:

I love this set, I'm going to have to keep my money with me in case i see it. Those stickers will come in handy for making a LEGO Store. :thumbup:

Awesome! I saw pictures of this and I didn't know it was an actual set! Your review is really nice and would look right at home in the reviewers academy. Thanks for a great review, I must get this set.

Thanks for the review. I was wondering what the set was like after seeing "confidential" fuzzy pics here and there online.

Great review, but this is not a set for me. Having said that, however, I can see how it could appeal to people who Town or City.

Is anyone else creeped out by the head of the "barely there glasses" minifig? Something about his face doesn't seem right. :oh3:

OK, now I've actually built the set myself, I'm not the biggest fan of American style big rig trucks, but this is quite detailed, and well finished, however the trailer is very very poor, literally just a box on wheels, a real shame,

the trailer doors could have been full height, having a 1 x 6 brick bridging the gap is poor. The trailer wheels are barely held onto the box part of the trailer,

The mini lego sets are very cool though.

Paul

Thanks for the review.

I saw this on flickr a few hours ago.

I like the set but I don't like the stickers on the boxes, they look like LDD's.

I think I will pass on this set but it is good.

Needs some slight modding for Inter Modal TTX or new cargo train... then it can deliver Lego around the world!

What do you think of the fact that the cabin has only the driver's seat? Isn't that a bit awkward?

Who needs a passenger when you have coffee. :laugh:

Is anyone else creeped out by the head of the "barely there glasses" minifig? Something about his face doesn't seem right. :oh3:

If you put that head on the driver you can play that he's jacked up on trucker's speed (amphetamines). :wacko:

Nice review!

That truck looks fantastic! I really like it. Especially how it is very curved and looks tough!

Thanks 'der seb' for this review with the detailed photos, now I know how to make a nice trucking fleet ! :grin:

Yellow for Toll Ipec, they deliver Lego to stores around Australia ! :grin:

The prime mover is huge, I guess with the sleeper cab that size is the reason - room to move eh ?

I'll run it past my father to see what he thinks after he has spent about 30 years driving heavy vehicles including Ford and Kenworth prime movers.

I wonder if those loading doors are big enough, I think they should be one brick taller. :blush:

In any case it's on my shopping list, but is it going to be an exclusive like the TRU truck being an exclusive to of course TRU ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

I love it!! :wub: :wub: This set is so awesome! For once I love the stickers! :tongue:

And the little Lego boxes to haul around...priceless!

I might have to get a couple of these!

Thanks for the review!

Great review :thumbup: And really awesome is that this set is the 300th Town review too.

Very nice truck design in general and a bonus is that it is LEGO :grin:

The little LEGO sets are simply :wub: As for the box size, I guess they didn't want to get too technical and just went for the universal box size :laugh:

Inside the truck cab there are nice details like a bed and TV.

Now all we need is LEGO store set :oh:

LEGOs delivering LEGOs...If only my minifigures could manufacture more LEGO for me. Great set and I'm particularly interested in the doors. I'm a sucker for yellow.

I'm horribly disappointed (though not surprised) that the Lego sets are only stickers. I'd have definitely bought this set if they were printed bricks. Since they're stickers, though, I'm going to pass.

Steve