lightningtiger

MOC: New Mannum Town Centre

indexed.gif Layout

I know I started a street scape posting, but since I'm now tiling the interiors of buildings and laying paving too, well look even the humble road has over 60 parts to it's self and each 32x32 will be a MOC of it's own ! :blush:

town_centre_1.jpg

town_centre_2.jpg

town_centre_3.jpg

town_centre_4.jpg

You may have noticed the police bike has been changed to look more realistic too, plus darker pants for the police officer.

All the tiling just for the this one set up (road/2 buildings) over 30 dollars, ouch there are minimum 2 more road plates plus connecting road plates and other buildings on the outskirts of the town centre to be done yet.

Comments very welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by Phred

Nice. I'm liking that you're adding your buildings to the actual street. It looks really nice :thumbup:

Ah I'm glad you posted this I thought you're bricks must of dissapeared. :wacko:

Anyway what can I say, it looks brilliant.

Well Done! :thumbup:

It does look very good,so good infact im worried i may have to spend a small fortune and copy your idea!!!

It does look very good,so good infact im worried i may have to spend a small fortune and copy your idea!!!

$30...ouch. Looks great though.

Just a thought, but if you made your sidewalks two plates tall, studded layer and snot layer, you could make some of them single lane roads, which would give some options for deeper buildings.

you may have mentioned it in a previous thread, but where does the name New Mannum come from?

Edited by gotoAndLego

G'day, everyone !

Thanks to 'gotoAndLego', 'charlieboy', 'Lord Arjay' and 'prateek' for all your kind comments. :sweet:

Now to answer 'gotoAndLego's question, New Mannum's name comes from the actual town called Mannum, 60Km's from Adelaide. It sits on the banks of the Murray River, which is part of one of the longest river systems in the world. My family name came from that town, one my great, great, great, etc., relatives around 1840 came to South Australia and settled in Mannum and helped build the town. So I'm building my town sort of in honor of my families heritage. Thank you for asking.

I have to start working on the other two road plates this week and more shops to put floors in. Plus plan the outskirts road sidings, riverbank and pub/club on the river bank (yes that's where the pub's going - I you drink too much - you can fall in the water to freshen up !) :laugh:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks 'Milan' for your kind comments. :sweet:

Yes I'm very happy too with the tiling and I will keep on going and going !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I've been busy again. :grin:

town_centre_5.jpg

town_centre_6.jpg

town_centre_7.jpg

town_centre_8.jpg

Man, this tiling is expensive, but worth it I feel.

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice, you are expanding!

I would not say how much my tiles are costing me.

Thanks 'Milan' for your comments :sweet: - yeah it's costing a little bit - but more tiling tomorrow.

My son just noticed I sat Clutch Powers on the seat outside the police station.

Any chance you could share the sticker files for the Australia Post stuff, Telstra phone booth and Aussie road signs?

Any chance you could share the sticker files for the Australia Post stuff, Telstra phone booth and Aussie road signs?

Sure, I might see which ones I saved, cross-check the sizing of them and either email or just pop them up on Brickshelf.

Just PM me, no problem.

Always good to here from you, 'jonwil' - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

P.S. another plate will be done today, posting a.s.a.p. !

Love it. Excellent work. :wink:

Thank you 'Mercenary' for your kind comments. :sweet:

Dam dog knocked my little postal sign off the post office when she went a little nuts a moment ago, lost now and I have to make a new one, ah, well it could be worse she could wrecked the whole thing ! :grin:

Stay tuned in for more updates like I said later on today (S.A. time) - I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Looks great mate, when it comes together like this.

Have you got a public toilet block? It's always the first thing I look for on a long road trip through the country!

Thanks for the comment 'Hewman' - yeah, a public toliet.....let me think about it's design.

Road plate number three is currently underway.

More pictures, yeah I'm being busy again. :grin:

town_centre_9.jpg

town_centre_10.jpg

I must start work on the public toliet and re-start the pub again.

Comments welcome and keeping on bricking ! :sweet:

Tiger, I gotta say, these tiles greaty improve the overall look of your town. I love the checked floors inside your bank and post office!

Thanks 'ImLost' for your comments, the public toliet block/phone box will be joining the street shortly.

I really like your nice compact little buildings, but I love the tiling more than anything. Looks great!

Thank you 'Rapseflaps' for your kind comments :sweet: - I too now prefer tiling - it adds a little style to each building with each being different in some way, posting fresh pictures soon !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for the reply 'BobaFett2' - now I think you are talking about the 6 wide trans-clear stuff, well various sets plus ordered in parts, you get 4 6x5x1 windows in the last yellow train station.