Sign in to follow this  
pedro

Jedi Duel - The Chosen One Tournament - Stage II

jd-logocot.png

stageii-banner.jpg

Many have risen to the challenge. Many have failed. Those who go on now face an even tougher challenge: dueling adversaries proven in battle, reknown for their combat skills and possessing an array of powerful abilities...

Darth Magma - General Magma [i**II**III]

Jim Butcher - Jim Butcher [i**II--]

Lothar - csimian [i**II*--]

Lord Dar'vole'e - Filip Skywalker [i**II-**III]

Squidsaber - CallMePie [i**II--]

DarkFang - WhiteFang [i**II**III]

Eskallon - Eskallon [i**II**III]

Ber'gin'yon Torg'h - Walter Kovacs [i**II--]

Welcome to Stage II of The Chosen One Tournament!

tourntable-stageiic.png

R U L E S

Full tournament rules can be found in the Stage I thread linked below with the following changes:

Players should feel free to ask questions, discuss or congratulate in this thread pertaining to this stage of the tournament.

RULE ALTERATION - Sabre Master

I've decided to alter the Sabre Master to fully encompass the Force Push ability and make the ability's title more relevant. The previous rule read like this:

• Sabre Master - Unparalleled with the lightsaber, attack counters cause 1 damage to opponent. Attacks affected are: High, Mid, Low, Kick, Sabre Throw, Force Lightning and Sabre Flurry. Passive.

Note: Because of the defensive nature of Parry, Force Push, Force Shield and Force Choke (and the fact that this ability primarily affects attacks) these are not affected by Sabre Master.

And will now read like this:

• Combat Master - An expert in close combat, attack counters cause 1 damage to opponent. Attacks affected are: High, Mid, Low, Kick, Force Push, Sabre Throw, Force Lightning and Sabre Flurry. Passive.

Note: Defensive abilities and actions: Parry, Force Shield and Force Choke, are not affected by Combat Master.

Once you're ready to duel, PM me your duel sequence or find a willing adjudicator!

R E F E R E N C E

Stage I - Includes tournament rules.

Introduction and Discussion - Jedi Duel rules, Q&A.

Character Databank - Post your Jedi and Sith characters here.

Dueling Thread - Where the non-tournament duels take place.

Jedi Duel Action & Ability Reference Table

reference-tableii.jpg

P R I Z E S

The Chosen One will not only gain acclaim throughout the galaxy, earning them the honour of adding ‘The Chosen One’ to their character profile, but they will also get to choose a prize from the following:

• Captain Rex minifig - MINT from my own collection with sealed accessories bag.
  • 8084 Snowtrooper Army Pack - MISB -OR- 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack - MISB

Fortunately for the valiant runner-up, they’ll receive whichever prize the Chosen One does not choose!

May The Force Be With You... and kick some @$$!

Edited by pedro

I'm ready to cut down DarkFang. I shall send my Ds in a moment... :devil:

Thanks pedro! I like the opening scene very much. :wub:

I'm ready to cut down DarkFang. I shall send my Ds in a moment... :devil:

Bring it on! :vader:

DS sent!

I guess this will be my last duel in the tournament, then.. but it was fun to participate.

Hey, not so fast! Bring it on... I'm ready to face my opponent.

I like that opening scene, too. Thanks Pedro!

DS sent.

~ General Magma

Jedi Master DarkFang versus Jedi Master Squidsaber...

Round 1

Darkfang | 5

Squidsaber | 6

Mid - 0

Low - 1

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 2

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Force Push - 1

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Sabre Throw - 1

Mid - 1

High - 0

Health: 3

Health: 2

Stage II of the tournament opens with nothing short of an epic first round! The Jedi Masters throw all they can at each other: lightsabers wielded with deadly skill, Force powers with deadly effect. Each of the Jedi are bloodied, Squidsaber especially sustaining an enormous amount of damage! DarkFang may have the upper hand, but the duel isn't over yet...

Duel Sequence for round 2 whenever you're ready.

Edited by pedro

Jedi Master Jim Butcher versus Sith Lord Darth Magma...

Round 1

Jim Butcher | 6

Darth Magma | 5

Sabre Throw - 0

Parry - 0

Force Push - 0

Force Lightning - 0

Low - 0

Parry - 0

Parry - 0

Sabre Flurry / Low - 0

High - 0

Force Push - 0

Health: 6

Health: 5

Sith Lord and Jedi Master clash! The flash of sabres and forks of lightning silhouette these great warriors as they duel. Their levels of mastery seem evely matched as either gains any ground on his adversary...

Duel Sequence for round 2 whenever you're ready.

Jedi Master Jim Butcher versus Sith Lord Darth Magma...

Round 2

Jim Butcher | 6

Darth Magma | 5

Force Push - 0

Force Push - 0

Sabre Throw - 1

High - 0

Mid - 0

Sabre Flurry / Low - 2

Parry - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Force Lightning- 1

Health: 4

The stalemate is broken! Darth Magma injures the Jedi Master will a fierocious low attack; but he doesn't go unscathed and is struck Jim's flying 'sabre. Jim's endurance has held out but can it continue as the Sith Lord readies for the next assault?

Whenever you're ready, send your Duel Sequence for round 3.

Jedi Master Jim Butcher versus Sith Lord Darth Magma... winner Darth Magma.

Round 3

Jim Butcher | 3

Darth Magma | 4

Parry - 0

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Force Push - 0

Force Push - 0

Sabre Throw - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Force Lightning - 1

Mid - 0

Parry - 0

Jedi Master Butcher's injuries have left him prone! As he fights off the Sith Lord's attacks, Magma sees his opening, scourging the Jedi Master with forks of lightning. Jim realises he cannot win this fight today, distracting the Sith and making his escape. Darth Magma stands victorious... for now!

Well done General Magma! Unlucky Jim, but you both have 2 more duels against each other to decide who goes through to Stage III.

Whenever you're ready you can send your Duel Sequences to begin your second duel.

Jedi Master DarkFang versus Jedi Master Squidsaber... winner: DarkFang.

Round 2

DarkFang | 3

Squidsaber | 2

Parry - 0

Parry - 0

High - 1

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Force Push - 1

Parry - 0

Low - 1

Mid - 0

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 0

Sabre Throw - 1

Health: 0

With his opponent injured, DarkFang keeps up the pressure, forcing Squidsaber back with his powers and heavy 'sabre strikes. Squidsaber manages to surprise DarkFang, throwing his lightsabre, but it only serves to distract him as he must accept his defeat and escape. DarkFang wins the duel! But no doubt Squidsaber will return...

Well done WhiteFang! Unlucky CMP, but you both have 2 more duels against each other to decide who goes through to Stage III.

Send your Duel Sequence for your second duel whenever you're ready.

Jedi Master Jim Butcher versus Sith Lord Darth Magma, DUEL II...

Round 1

Jim Butcher | 6

Darth Magma | 5

Sabre Throw - 0

Parry - 0

High - 0

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Force Push - 0

High - 0

Parry - 0

Force Push - 1

Mid - 0

Force Lightning - 1

Butcher and Magma meet again! Launching into battle the masters repel each other's attacks. Darth Magma finally sees his opening and attacks the Jedi Master with force. Jim shakes off his daze and gets ready to strike...

Duel Sequence for round 2 whenever you're ready!

Awaiting Duel Sequences from the following players:

DUEL I | 1st round

Eskallon

filip skywalker

DUEL II | 1st round

WhiteFang

3-duel fandango!

- + + + -

Jedi Master Jim Butcher versus Sith Lord Darth Magma, DUEL II...

Round 2

Jim Butcher | 4

Darth Magma | 5

Sabre Throw - 0

Parry - 0

Force Push - 0

Force Lightning - 0

High - 0

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Low - 0

Parry - 0

Parry - 0

Force Push - 1

These bitter rivals are lost in swirling melee: ducking, diving, slashing, stabbing; it seems that none can overpower the other when suddenly Darth Magma Force pushes the Jedi Master off his feet! Regaining composure, Jim Butcher realises he's running out of time. With everyhting at stake he prepares himself to assail the Sith...

Tense! Duel Sequence for round 3 whenever you're ready.

- + + + -

Jedi Master DarkFang versus Jedi Master Squidsaber, DUEL II...

Round 1

DarkFang | 5

Squidsaber | 6

Low - 0

Parry - 0

Mid - 1

High - 0

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 0

Sabre Throw - 1

Force Push - 0

Mid - 0

High - 1

Sabre Flurry / Low - 0

No love is lost between these Master Jedi as they find themselves confronting each other again. They launch into swirling melee, each attempting to catch their opponent offguard. DarkFang is struck by Squidsaber's flying blade, but responds with force, bringing them to an even footing...

Send your Duel Sequence for your round 2 whenever you're ready.

- + + + -

Jedi Master Eskallon versus Jedi Master Jedi Master Ber'gin'yon Torg'h...

Round 1

Eskallon | 6

Ber'gin'yon Torg'h | 5

Force Push - 0

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Mid - 0

Low - 1

High - 0

Mid - 1

Sabre Throw - 0

Sabre Throw - 0

Parry - 0

Mid - 0

Jedi Masters Ber'gin'yon Torg'h and Eskallon meet for the first time; each aware of the other's reputation they enter their duel. Powerful blows are blocked, Force attacks are evaded but Torg'h srikes through, weakening Eskallon and superhuman stamina down to ground...

Duel Sequence for round 2 whenever you're ready!

- + + + -

Awaiting Duel Sequence from the following player:

DUEL I | 1st round

filip skywalker

Jedi Master Jim Butcher versus Sith Lord Darth Magma, DUEL II... winner through to STAGE III: Darth Magma.

Round 3

Jim Butcher | 3

Darth Magma | 5

Sabre Throw - 1

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 0

Low - 0

Parry - 0

Parry - 0

Force Push - 1

High - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Force Lightning - 1

Health: 1

Jim Butcher launches his lightsabre at the Sith Lord, cutting into his armour. Unfazed, Darth Magma pushes the Jedi Master back and forces him down with a powerful lash of Force lightning. Battered and beaten, Jim realises this is a fight he cannot win and, heavy hearted, makes his retreat. Disappointment at losing out on the kill quickly disperses as Darth Magma smugly basks in knowledge he is one step closer to what he believes... is his destiny!

Congratulations General Magma, you have the first champion through to Stage III.

Unlucky Jim, you've done well to get to this poin but there'll be other battles to win!

NoooOOOOOOOoooooooo!

:tongue: Very well played, Magma, fantastic dueling. I was barely able to damage you. Good luck in the coming rounds!

Now I wish I had picked Flurry instead of endurance...

NoooOOOOOOOoooooooo!

Very well played, Magma, fantastic dueling. I was barely able to damage you. Good luck in the coming rounds!

Well played indeed and really entertaining to 'judicate! I think those undefended sabre flurries definately knocked the wind out of your endurance... but just thnk if you hadn't had it!

And onto the next duels...

- + + + -

Jedi Master DarkFang versus Jedi Master Squidsaber, DUEL II...

Round 2

DarkFang | 4

Squidsaber | 4

Low - 0

Sabre Throw - 1

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 0

Parry - 0

Force Push - 0

Low - 0

Mid - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 1

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 0

A deadly duel of attrition is under way as the rivals clash and deflect, scoring minor blows against one another. The pressure is building and now it's a matter of time before one of these powerful Jedi Masters gives out!

Whenever you're ready, send your Duel Sequence for your round 3.

- + + + -

Jedi Master Eskallon versus Jedi Master Jedi Master Ber'gin'yon Torg'h...

Round 2

Eskallon | 4

Ber'gin'yon Torg'h | 5

Force Push - 0

Sabre Throw - 0

Parry - 0

Mid - 0

Sabre Throw - 0

Force Shield - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Mid - 1

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

The Jedi show each other no quarter, unlesahing powerful attacks at each other. Their skills are such they deflect and outmaneuvre with masterful skill, but as Torg'h comes in from above with what would be a devastating assault, Eskallon evades him, swinging his lightsabre into his path and scoring a hit. The Masters are now on an even keel...

Duel Sequence for round 3 whenever you're ready.

- + + + -

Awaiting Duel Sequence:

DUEL I | 1st round

filip skywalker... csimian is waiting!

Yeah! I'm through! :sweet:

I am ready for Stage III, but I'll have to wait some time for that..

:tongue: Very well played, Magma, fantastic dueling. I was barely able to damage you. Good luck in the coming rounds!

Thanks, and yes, I am glad I picked flurry. :tongue:

You did well to get to this point, but in the end the dark side always wins! (okay, sometimes..sadly... :grin: )

Now, who shall be my next victim?

~ General Magma

Awaiting Duel Sequence:

DUEL I | 1st round

filip skywalker... csimian is waiting!

DUEL I | 3rd round

Eskallon... don't disappoint Walter!

A-ha!

Jedi Master DarkFang versus Jedi Master Squidsaber, DUEL II... winner through to STAGE III: DarkFang.

Round 3

DarkFang | 3

Squidsaber | 3

Mid - 1

Sabre Flurry / High - 0

Sabre Flurry / Mid - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Sabre Throw - 1

Force Push - 1

Parry - 0

Parry - 0

Low - 0

Health: 1

The Jedi Masters' whirling melee continues: lightsabres and Force powers clash, well timed strikes hit home. But DarkFang surprises his opponenet with a powerful Force Push! Squidsaber's attempts to swing back the power balance fail and he realise this is a fight he cannot win. Retracting his lightsabre, he accepts defeat, honouring DarkFang as the victor!

Conratualtions WhiteFang! Your champion is through to Stage III!

Well played but unlcuky CallMePie - Squidsaber will live to fight another day!

Wow, I made it through. CallMePie, that was some tough duel which we had earlier. It was a good duel.

By the way, thanks Pedro for organising this, until now. I hope it won't be long for us before we embrace semi-finals. :sweet:

Wow, I made it through. CallMePie, that was some tough duel which we had earlier. It was a good duel.

By the way, thanks Pedro for organising this, until now. I hope it won't be long for us before we embrace semi-finals. :sweet:

Really just waiting on filip skywalker to get that last duel started - poor csimian having to wait again. Meanwhile Esk and Walter can finish off their duel. Shouldn't be too long before we hit Stage III!

Yes, poor csimian, having to wait for his opponet. Let's hope the wait won't be too unbearable for him.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the final results between Eskallon and Walter.

Yes, poor csimian, having to wait for his opponet. Let's hope the wait won't be too unbearable for him.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the final results between Eskallon and Walter.

So am I :grin:

Sign in to follow this