Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Arkham Asylum 2

Here is a list of the Achievements/Trophies for B:AC. It gives some hints to what we might face.

AI3Ko.png

For the sake of no spoiling anyone (i.e me), would you please keep all achievement-related talking in Spoiler tags. :blush:

Nothing new, but I found a pic of Pinguin from the "Arkham City" comic series (the comic for the game) that looks pretty badass (bottle-monocle or not). Maybe the hat creates a more imposing style (so far, the decorative headware is missing in the game version of Pinguin).

ArkhamCity-Pinguinb.jpg

Edited by Vimes

Has anyone checked out the comic series already? I saw a copy of the second issue at the Forbidden Planet last week, but didn't want to take a look, as it wasn't the first one :D

Nothing new, but I found a pic of Pinguin from the "Arkham City" comic series (the comic for the game) that looks pretty badass (bottle-monocle or not). Maybe the hat creates a more imposing style (so far, the decorative headware is missing in the game version of Pinguin).

ArkhamCity-Pinguinb.jpg

And yes, he looks much better that. Looks almost an ideal one if not for the bottle.

Yes, I've read them already. Rather weak to my taste. :sceptic:

*cough*youtube*cough*

God day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

God day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

God day? :laugh:

Here's some pictures of Mr. Freeze, you can see his gear better (put them in a spoiler for those who want to keep him a surprise) :

186_freeze_combat_01-299-800-500-80.jpg

187_freeze_combat_02-300-800-500-80.jpg

:sick: Not a big fan of that Mr Freeze...

I can't wait for the game! I wonder how the Wii U version will work out.. :look:

I wonder if the Atlantis dive gear would look good for an Arkham City Mr. Freeze... :look:

I wonder if the Atlantis dive gear would look good for an Arkham City Mr. Freeze... :look:

I thought of that. I guess this gear will be great for making (even purist, perhaps) minifig. However yellow and trans green front glass won't work. And as far as I know trans-clear one has never beed made by LEGO.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Deadshot has been revealed to have a side mission for himself, and here is two pictures of the assassin:

27xkk7t.png

LLCCu.png

Also, here is a new gameplay video showing a new gadget!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIYOuOF-80E&feature=player_embedded

And here is the second part of the interview, where they discuss Deadshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am8REj_1Ar0&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for the info Flitwick! Deadshot is a really cool character. But I hope they don't reveal all the villains, I kinda want some surprises when I'm playing the game.

Deadshot looks okay, but I really don't take to the guns on his arms. I can't imagine they beat normal, not arm-mounted guns at all. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know to what extend that's the "standard" way to depict him, I've seen one picture on the Batman Wikia where he wore such a gun. But they've done drastic changes to most of the characters anyway, and I think I would have prefered him to have a normal gun. That's more "sniperish" IMO.

Deadshot looks okay, but I really don't take to the guns on his arms. I can't imagine they beat normal, not arm-mounted guns at all. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know to what extend that's the "standard" way to depict him, I've seen one picture on the Batman Wikia where he wore such a gun. But they've done drastic changes to most of the characters anyway, and I think I would have prefered him to have a normal gun. That's more "sniperish" IMO.

Deadshot has always had wrist guns to my knowledge. He uses them when he gets up close and personnel, however during the interview the stated that Deadshot will also have a high powered sniper rifle during the game. So you will get your wish! :sweet:

I quit!

Seriously, I'm not going to check the thread or other AC sites untill the gane comes out. That is just insane! :wacko:

The audience is hyped up enough and still they keep revealing characters? What's the fun in playing the game this way?

My hope is that they still have some major surprises left still. :sceptic:

Thanks for the info Flitwick! Deadshot is a really cool character. But I hope they don't reveal all the villains, I kinda want some surprises when I'm playing the game.

I quit!

Seriously, I'm not going to check the thread or other AC sites untill the gane comes out. That is just insane! :wacko:

The audience is hyped up enough and still they keep revealing characters? What's the fun in playing the game this way?

My hope is that they still have some major surprises left still. :sceptic:

Yeah, I said the same thing early, If they keep revealing villans there will be no surprises and I would be pretty disappointed. Deadshot would have been perfect if he wasn't revealed, imagine a sniper shot from nowhere, then a long pause before Batman realized the bullet and skill of the shot were (pause) Deadshot! That would have been great just for the fans to find out while playing the game.

Yeah, I said the same thing early, If they keep revealing villans there will be no surprises and I would be pretty disappointed. Deadshot would have been perfect if he wasn't revealed, imagine a sniper shot from nowhere, then a long pause before Batman realized the bullet and skill of the shot were (pause) Deadshot! That would have been great just for the fans to find out while playing the game.

I concur. But the worst reveal has been that Joker isn't really sick, which they showed in that one trailer. It would hve been great if you found it out being half-way through the game, but not after some five minute trailer. :hmpf_bad:

Well, we did see Joker with a sniper in one trailer, didn't we? And some sniper henchmen.

We could still get some cool 'Which sniper?' moments, or 'that shot was too accurate for Joker...'.

But I do agree that they should stop with the constant revealing of characters. :sceptic:

Although I have to admit, if they're trying to get me even more excited for the game, it's working. :excited:

Edited by LandShark

Arkham City avatar swag is now on xbox live!!! I just outfitted my avatar in a Batman costume complete with bat grapple! Other notable items include a Joker costume, A sick Robin costume, catwoman whip, toy batmobile, nightwing t-shirt, and a catwoman costume for the ladies. And riddler hat and bane mask.

Also, I don't know if you guys know but Nightwing has been confirmed as a playable character for downloadable content. It was found in a leaked achievment list for the Downloadable content. Another interesting thing was that you could download all the original arkham asylum challenge maps!

More cool stuff

Robin trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7wIqjdgt0&feature=related

Everything at stake trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeXhpSmnzU&feature=watch_response

Edited by sok117

Just finished all the acnievments on Arkham City!! I've pre-ordered the game and theres even some news for today!!

clickey

Also a new villan has been announced/glimpsed in a trailer

Mad Hatter anyone?

Damn triple posts!

Oh well, Apparently there is a new batman skin.

If you can stomach your way through purchasing a blu-ray copy of the Gree Lantern movie, your slightly compensated by a code to unlock a Sinestro Corps. Batman skin! :sing:

Sinestro-Corps-Arkham-City.jpg

Edit: Apparently the code only works for PS3, which makes my life a lot easier! :laugh:

Edited by sok117

Nightwing looks pretty good, and I'm glad he's a 'challenge only' character. :classic:

The "Nightwing Bundle Pack" will (obviously) include the character and his unique gadgets, but there's the added bonus of two additional challenge maps included with the bundle: Main Hall and Wayne Manor. You'll also receive a "Batman: The Animated Series" Nightwing skin, which is pretty great. The bundle will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 1 for $6.99 and 560 points, respectively.

The challenge maps and extra skin sound pretty good, so I might get it (once I finally get a PS3 account, it's still not working for me :hmpf_bad: ).

Is everyone liking the game so far? I just finished the main story and boy was I scratching my head. It was pretty great though! Lots of surprises along the way, I'm stuck on catwomans mission in the museum, how do I get passed the torture chamber? any help would help me :laugh:

Finished the game last night, and... it's great! It seems most of the villains were revealed before, but I stopped searching after Deadshots reveal, so some were still a surprise.

I was slightly surprised at how little Two-Face featured in Batman's story line, but it was good to see him in Catwomans!

I felt that the Penguin and the Joker were both handled well, and I liked the idea of a turf war between the two! Anybody notice that in the 'Ghost Train' fight section, whilst looking in Detective Mode, the 'healthy Joker' has no bones, like Clayface in B:AA? :wink:

I didn't except to be seeing Ra's, but I thought he too was well handled.

The side missions were also good, even though I haven't done them all.

After seeing the way he got Titan back, whilst managing to trick Batman, I felt it was quite a return to the 'classic' smart Bane.

Mad Hatter was a good spiritual successor to Scarecrow, who I was happy to not see. Don't want too much of a good thing. :wink:

One disappointment? No Riddler-related character bios, e.g the Ratcatcher and Humpty Dumpty in B:AA. I was looking forward to reading about more obscure villains.

Is everyone liking the game so far? I just finished the main story and boy was I scratching my head. It was pretty great though! Lots of surprises along the way, I'm stuck on catwomans mission in the museum, how do I get passed the torture chamber? any help would help me :laugh:

Do you mean the room with Two-Face? I can't remember a torture chamber...? :sceptic:

Some hints for the future...