Siegfried

10213 Shuttle Adventure

I love it! :wub: Sure some sizes are a bit wonky (the ET, External Tank, is too small for one) but it's hard to do it perfectly at this scale. I love how they included the top level of the launcher platform; it's the perfect way to display it. Any lacking in detail don't really concern me; this has all the parts needed to build a shuttle at this scale (especially the ET) and anything extra would be fun to make yourself. I'd love to make satellites to scale! :sweet:

PH2010050504779.jpg10213-1.jpg

As you can see here they have tried to make the stand into a simplified launch platform, but it's a bit small. Those "fairings" at the rear wing root are wrong too so I bet it has a working rear undercarriage there. I don't like the red trans pieces on the rockets; the OMS (Orbital Maneuvering System) isn't used at the same time as the SSMEs (Space Shuttle Main Engines) and...

270px-STS120LaunchHiRes.jpg

...they burn almost clear. (The "waste" of the SSME is just water.) But that's easily fixed too! This is the set of the year! :wub:

It looks OK, but not a must-have.

...for you maybe! :laugh:

I'm stealing this set for the Sci-Fi forum! :grin:

Wow, minifig-scale shuttle! A nice way to send off the real thing as it goes into retirement! I dunno, I suppose if I had unlimited funds or got everything for free, I'd want to add this to my collection, but there's just too many sets coming out and something has got to give. :tongue::sadnew:

It's going to be quite the collectible I imagine, so I'll keep my mind open...maybe if there's a super sale! :classic:

It's smaller than 7470, it looks like 30 studs wide. Guess 7470 had 36 wingspan. I like it but I doubt I will get it. Would have prefered something even smaller..

1682-1.1182578032.thumb2.jpg

(why is everything getting bigger and bigger with TLC anyway?)

This is nice. I mean it looks pretty good. I prefer a midi scale but this is great and a perfect time to come out. The shuttle is being retired. How can any of you say its a bad time?? I hope they bring back the space models again. I missed out last time they came out.

This is nice. I mean it looks pretty good. I prefer a midi scale but this is great and a perfect time to come out. The shuttle is being retired. How can any of you say its a bad time?? I hope they bring back the space models again. I missed out last time they came out.

I doubt it being that man space travel is as good as dead for the next several years. And that a rocket makes a rather ugly, boring set. :laugh:

And out of the blue came a Space Shuttle! Not the most detailed design Lego ever produced, still a great way to commemorate the last launch of the Space Shuttle. I'm so getting this the moment it is listed on S@H!

Very curious on the fact if there are any 'moving' parts, Lego tends to make some things happen, even in the Exclusive range. The Beetle also had opening doors etc, so I can't imagine the bay doors not opening or at least placed on a moving platform (with caterpillar tracks?)

Guess we just have to wait until someone puts some detailed photos online or has a chance to buy it earlier than the rest of us :classic:

Nice set, not a must-have if you ask me. I mean, how many table towns have enough space for a Kennedy Space Center?

Interesting. I won't get this, but it looks like a great model for displaying. I wonder if it has an interior?

Anyone noticed the "missing" set number...?

10210 Imperial Flagship

10211 Grand Emporium

10212 ?

10213 Space Shuttle

This means that 10212 has not been revealed yet. According to Brickset this number is reserved for a (huge) Episode IV - VI Classic Star Wars set. I am truly wondering what we can expect... :cry_happy:

To be very honest, I don't like this new space shuttle. It's way too small to be in true minifig scale, but too big for miniland scale.

I also don't like the way they've done the main booster rocket: the parts they've used on the nose will make it look like a flattened rocket and not a round rocket like it should be.

10210 Imperial Flagship

10211 Grand Emporium

10212 ?

10213 Space Shuttle

This means that 10212 has not been revealed yet. According to Brickset this number is reserved for a (huge) Episode IV - VI Classic Star Wars set. I am truly wondering what we can expect... :cry_happy:

Didn't we already read rumors that Lego will release a new Imperial Shuttle with landing platform as a S@H exclusive set? I believe even the figures that will come with it are known (from the NY Toy Fair folder) and we have a fair idea of parts and price...

10210 Imperial Flagship

10211 Grand Emporium

10212 ?

10213 Space Shuttle

10212 - UCS Imperial Shuttle

Pieces: 2503

Minifigs: 5 (Shuttle Pilot, Darth Vader, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper, & Luke Skywalker)

Price: 239.99 GBP / 259.99 USD

Release: September 2010

Cheers! :classic:

I doubt it being that man space travel is as good as dead for the next several years. And that a rocket makes a rather ugly, boring set. :laugh:

The USA isn't the only manned-space-mission country in the world... and soon it won't even be one! It'll be no better than Australia; buying seats on flights!

Pathetic. All US members; write to your local Congressman and complain! :devil:

Nice set, not a must-have if you ask me. I mean, how many table towns have enough space for a Kennedy Space Center?

You've got it all wrong; you should be asking "how many space bases have room for a town?". :laugh:

Interesting. I won't get this, but it looks like a great model for displaying. I wonder if it has an interior?

It'll have at least a flight deck. Looking at the picture I think the bay doors open, but it's hard to be sure. In any case I'll be modding mine!

Hey! :angry: Stop de-railing Space Shuttle conversation! :wink:

The shuttle looks ok to me, at at 6 studs wide for the main fuselage, it's bigger than the old 4 stud wide shuttles from back in the late 80's & early 90s. I had the shuttle transport truck set, and thought it was pretty awesome. I could kick myself now for using it for parts.

Anyway, I think a rolling transport (on treads, of course) and a full gantry would really complete and round out this set. Still, it looks nice to me, and I'll probably pick one up. Be nice to know what's hidden under those cargo bay doors. looking at the pic, looks like the third minifig drives the little cart that brings the astronauts to the shuttle. You can see the little cart on the lower left.

Slightly OT, I agree that the American space program, once proud and capable, has withered into near non-existence, esp with the orbiters' retirement nearing, and no real replacement on line at this time. Mars is still on the table, IIRC, and I think a logical step for testing man's ability to really survive and operate in space for an extended period of time, so NASA still has a goal. I think some of the pioneering spirit that inspired my country has diminished, as Americans were much more excited and enthralled by space travel from the 60's all the way up to the 80's when Columbia took her maiden flight. I was quite young then, but I still remember the feeling of awe watching her leave her launch pad and become just a glowing speck in the upper atmosphere, and seeing her return to Earth, gliding in like an airplane. Just amazing, still, when you think about the leap she represented over the Apollo capsules and Saturn V rockets. Getting goosebumps even now, thinking back. RIP Columbia and Challenger. They literally changed the world.

Edited by M'Kyuun

The USA isn't the only manned-space-mission country in the world... and soon it won't even be one! It'll be no better than Australia; buying seats on flights!

Pathetic. All US members; write to your local Congressman and complain! :devil:

But haven't you heard...we're broke!! :cry_sad:

We just spend all our money on Legos and fast food! :devil: :skull:

The irony is, I don't think I'll be able to afford even a Lego Shuttle. :tongue:

RIP Columbia and Challenger. They literally changed the world.

Indeed they did. There have been over 130 Shuttle missions... compared to 15 Apollo. The Shuttle has achieved much more too from a scientific point of view, yet it doesn't receive much respect. TIME even made a joke about it saying that the Shuttle was one of the Least Influential People of 2010. Tossers. But the last laugh is on them as regardless of their claims there was a Shuttle copy.

(Talk about the Shuttle all you want until we have more news. :wink: )

But haven't you heard...we're broke!! :cry_sad:

A new shuttle wouldn't cost that much compared to other expenses. Considering the benefits it pays for itself.

As Larry Niven once said; "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!"

:hmpf_bad: yeh that figures I'm half way to putting together a second stack and find this is comming out :cry_happy: .

I'll most likely get it.

below is the one I built.

00-11-crawler_ml_shuttle.jpg

below is the one I built.

:tongue: Cool! The crawler nice too.

I was planning on making one too...

Please TLC, Please ! Make it available in France !

I'll get 3 of this set : 1 for me and 1 for my son. These 2 ones will be built ... and the extra 1 will remain in its scealed box for the future generations :classic:

Neuro

Thank you very much for the pic of 10213, Holodoc! :classic:

The space shuttle looks nice - but is for me really not a must have. :sceptic:

The two things which disturb me the most are that the tower is missing and that the shuttle looks very "Creator-like" (esp. that the minfigs for sure can't look through the windows).

And I don't like that it is - like e. g. the Grand Carroussel and all these SW UCS and mid-scale sets - a stand alone set which doesn't really go very well with any other theme and which you can only place somewhere on a cupboard and that's it.

Would have prefered something even smaller..

1682-1.1182578032.thumb2.jpg

I totally agree with you, Zzz!

Esp. the Space themes from around 1995 and around 2000 were brilliant and fit very well with the City theme. So why doesn't TLG release a space shuttle in a whole new Space theme?!

Anyway I would have no money to buy and no place to display and store some Space sets - so I don't care and are lucky that 10213 is not that a set I really must have.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

OMG OMG!

This is such a big dream made true!

I am a really really big space fan and one of my disgusts about LEGO is that I never got a Space Shuttle featuring set in due time.

This said I am totally getting this one!

Cheers