Siegfried

10213 Shuttle Adventure

Those trans-gold cheese sloped make my mouth water :cry_happy:
I would love to know where you saw those... :oh:

Batbrick is just confused about the smoke/trans dark cheese slopes. :wink:

But trans-gold would certainly be very cool!

I'm pretty sure that main engine rocket thingy is "Svelte-was-wrong" color. And just for that I'm buying this set.

Lego has just released a video with an interview of the designer :thumbup:

Batbrick is just confused about the smoke/trans dark cheese slopes. :wink:

But trans-gold would certainly be very cool!

Don't mock me! :tongue:

I admit my wrongness, but in that one pic with the astronauts they really do look like that!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Isn't it just disgusting that somebody need to reveal pictures of this new set, a day or two before LUGs are joined by LEGO employees in the presentation of it.

Free advertising for TLG has never hurt them in the past and since they didn't contact us (or the other sites where it was posted first), it's clearly fine.

Somebody obviously is not able to keep a secret.

:angry:

Aren't you addressing the wrong people since this can only come through someone at TLG? I think if they really wanted to keep it a secret, they'd do a better job of it by now.

Lego has just released a video with an interview of the designer :thumbup:

Thanks! I've embedded it in the first post. :sweet:

I'm pretty sure that main engine rocket thingy is "Svelte-was-wrong" color. And just for that I'm buying this set.

I don't know about that, it looks way too dark to be that-hip-new-PoP-color. :tongue: The only trans-gold part I know of is a used Mars Mission visor. :laugh:

It's clearly dark orange... :wink:

Free advertising for TLG has never hurt them in the past and since they didn't contact us (or the other sites where it was posted first), it's clearly fine.

Aren't you addressing the wrong people since this can only come through someone at TLG? I think if they really wanted to keep it a secret, they'd do a better job of it by now.

Brickset removed the first blurry picture on request. Not that it matters, when it's out, it's out. I don't blame anyone at EB for keeping a picture posted, even when requested to remove it. It does not make any sense to remove a picture.

I don't know the particular history, but this new set has obviously been shared with some AFOL before the presentations. This happens with a lot of sets. If someone leaks something, it's hurting the relation between the AFOL community and TLG.

If you want to believe TLG released a blurry picture a day before releasing high quality pictures, then do so. It may or may not be the case.

That is my personal view on the matter.

I don't blame anyone at EB for keeping a picture posted, even when requested to remove it.

To my knowledge TLG did not request EB to remove the image. We have two ambassadors on our staff so it's not like we're not contactable.

If someone leaks something, it's hurting the relation between the AFOL community and TLG.

I agree. It's why we've been pulling pictures on request or on prior warning.

Why does it say the first post is from September 2009? :wacko:

Also, are there any pictures of just the launching station and the rockets alone?

If it stays at 99.99 USD I am defiantly picking it up, if it goes up i may have to compromise. I love the retractable landing gear and the construction technique on the nose.

Edited by MrTools

I really like the satellite arm, the engines, and the landing gears, but I think the shuttle nose could use some modding. It looks too blocky as it stands, perhaps that was a budget limitation. I'm pretty sure I'll pick this up and try to come up with a shuttle nose improvement. Perhaps some of those slopes on the rocket might provide some inspiration.

I really like the satellite arm, the engines, and the landing gears, but I think the shuttle nose could use some modding. It looks too blocky as it stands, perhaps that was a budget limitation. I'm pretty sure I'll pick this up and try to come up with a shuttle nose improvement. Perhaps some of those slopes on the rocket might provide some inspiration.

The alternative to blockiness is those aircraft pieces everyone whines about every time a new plane or helicopter comes out. But I don't mind those so much, and in fact this[/i] might have been useful for the Space Shuttle.

Probably, though, LEGO opted out of that not because of fan reactions, but because the angle wouldn't be right and brick-built was the most feasible option. I can't wait to see how your mod turns out, though, as the area could use definite improvement and I'd hate your optimistic plans to go to waste!

Why does it say the first post is from September 2009? :wacko:

I am good friends with Barbarella Fortuneteller.

Wow! TLC really hit the ball out of the park with this one. An excellent combination of functionality and beautiful design. I'll be picking this one up regardless of cost. Thank you Lego!

The set is now listed at S@H for release Jul 09 but also available in june !? :pir_wacko:

price is listed on the front page. No list on any international S@H yet. Except Canada

jees they are using all of my pics, wander where they got those!!!!!????? :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by grogall

I am good friends with Barbarella Fortuneteller.

I'm completely lost with dates now. For some reason, the front page of the Atlantis Portal Review says the set has been available "since December 2010," which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened yet in any time zone!

It must be everyone else. :grin:

I'm completely lost with dates now. For some reason, the front page of the Atlantis Portal Review says the set has been available "since December 2010," which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened yet in any time zone!

It must be everyone else. :grin:

:laugh:

It's a mad world that we live in. I guess that's why we're always trying to make space craft so we can escape from this crazy place.

Regarding 10213, after seeing the high-res pics, I'm even more excited. Considering it's size, I'm quite happy with the overall shape and details that are present. Seeing the very reasonable price, and that it will be available within the next two months is icing on the cake.

Sorry for stealing your topic Klaus-Dieter, but I thought it'd be neater if I added a post. Thanks to grogall for using the incredible power of his Macintosh to create new images.

No problem, Siegfried! :classic:

And thank you very much for these pics, Grogall! :classic:

Looking at all these pics I have to admit that TLG added a lot of nice things - esp. the satellite.

Nevertheless it's - like already mentioned - neither a set I want nor a set I'll buy.

Klaus-Dieter

There's an Australian price now; $159.99. All things considered it's an OK price. :sweet:

No problem, Siegfried! :classic:

Thanks.

I´ll buy it!

Lot´s of very useful parts for my projects. I can never have enough of those stylish, curvy white bricks :)

Nice High Res picture of the box!

Warning picture is 1710x2431pxl.

a_10213_box_front.jpg

Enjoy :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall
Changed image to link; no point in warning if user is forced to load it anyway....