Andy Glascott

Irish Railways

traintech1.jpg

I've seen a few pics or mentions of Irish rolling stock here and on Brickshelf, so thought I'd kick off a thread to see if we can gather the samples into one place. I'll start things off with my version of an Irish Rail Class 121, 2 carriages and a push/pull coach. I remember this consist running on the DART line in Dublin during upgrade work in the early 90's...

Here's a pic of the set in front of the top level of the station on my current layout.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AndyGlas...sh_rail_set.jpg

The only ones that comes to mind are these two, both from the same builder:

4021275493_196e8fe6e5_d.jpg

More.

2593312827_3950387348_d.jpg

More.

Look through his sets. He's also done a Luas and the Boyne viaduct.

Edited by Duq

I'm afraid I don't know if anyone has built Irish trains, but I just wanted to say I really like your model. I also really like your station on two levels, do you have any more pictures of it? I also noticed the cargo crane on your Brickshelf page, looks impressive.

I'm afraid I don't know if anyone has built Irish trains, but I just wanted to say I really like your model. I also really like your station on two levels, do you have any more pictures of it? I also noticed the cargo crane on your Brickshelf page, looks impressive.

I've one attempt.

train_resized.jpg

I've one attempt.

train_resized.jpg

You took on quite a challenge with that loco, there are a huge number of angled/sloping sides to it, which is why I went for the slightly more brick-friendly loco I did.

The crane was a project when I didn't have space for a layout, and the only pics I have are on Brickshelf. Thanks for the compliments on the station and model, to make the most of limited space I've built up rather than out.

Irish loco 071 MOC now updated with improved livery

img_4415_1.jpg

and with its coach

img_4416_1.jpg

Very impressive. I'm determined to have a crack at building one of the Irish GM Class 071/141/181 locos at some point, and this is a very good representation of it.