Sign in to follow this  
Future74

MOD MTT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

It’s been a long time since I posted my last creation :blush:, but I finally found some inspiration, time and a few bricks to do another mod.

Again simplicity was my goal and I think TLC could have done this on the original – but that probably would have made it to technical.

I present to you: The Ultimate MTT deployment mod

mtt-01.jpg

The deployment of the original MTT was a thorn in my flesh, from the moment I got it in my possession I wanted to mod it.

I found a nice moc done by shimon but this was way too big to put inside.

The challenge was that I didn’t want to change the whole set because of the mod.

mtt-09.jpg

mtt-11.jpg

All pictures can be found in my Brickshelf gallery

Hope you like it.

Edited by KimT

Wow this is an amazing Mod!

Great work!

Too bad I havn´t got a MTT.

Minxter

Very nice. Your MOD looks really good.

I wish I has got this set when it was out but too late now.

Well Done :thumbup:

Very nice job indeed :thumbup: I've always thought about doing this kind of mod. I wanted to do it simple yet functional. You've done both!

Great modification :thumbup:

It should have been done like that.

Great idea 'Future74' - I have finish my MTT I brought a year ago - yeah lazy me ! :blush:

I'll have a look at MODing mine when I do finish building it.

Keep on brciking ! :sweet:

Umm lovely. I'm always glad see FOL's make an awesome set even better. :thumbup:

I've been meaning to mod the deployment rack on mine since I picked up the MTT, it's just gathering dust at the moment! A great mod, simple and elegant! :thumbup:

Wow, if TLG sees this they are going to be smacking their heads for not thinking of it. It literally looks jusy like the movie version.

Really great MOD.

Future! You are my all time favorite member just now :grin:

This is a MOD I haven´t had time to look into at all yet, but have had it in mind that I will need to do something sooner or later.

To have a great deploying feature would be very sweet for the MTT. Mostley I have been looking into making it to hold more droids.

This looks really like a simple change from the original version of this feature.

The only thing I would like to see now is a comarision picture and maybe a LDD instruction of how you built it.

Or what do you say Superkalle :wink:

Once again Future, one of the best MOD´s I have seen in a original SW model in a long time.

Hats of for this!!

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. :wub: I'll have to do it to mine!

Future! You are my all time favorite member just now :grin:

This is a MOD I haven´t had time to look into at all yet, but have had it in mind that I will need to do something sooner or later.

To have a great deploying feature would be very sweet for the MTT. Mostley I have been looking into making it to hold more droids.

This looks really like a simple change from the original version of this feature.

The only thing I would like to see now is a comarision picture and maybe a LDD instruction of how you built it.

Or what do you say Superkalle :wink:

Once again Future, one of the best MOD´s I have seen in a original SW model in a long time.

Hats of for this!!

I could send you an MLCad file, if it would help. Most of the parts arrived from Bricklink yesterday :wink:

That's an excellent compact, functional mod for a function that both MTT sets lacked, but really stood out in the movie and should have been incorporated. I'd given some thought to modding this someday, and your idea is sweetly simple and looks authentic. Hat's off. :thumbup::thumbup:

I could send you an MLCad file, if it would help. Most of the parts arrived from Bricklink yesterday :wink:

Thanks for the offer, but if I work in any program it is in LDD (blame Superkalle for that :wink: ).

As it looks it wasn´t that complicated to redo either. I´ll get back to you or to Future if I run into problems.

I forgot to mention before that finally a really good use for those flicker missiles!!

I was one of the first to have a MTT.

When I did a review on it my main dissapointment was the lack of a working droid deployment construction... this nails it perfectly, well done!

That's a clever mod! I hope if Lego ever releases a new version of the MTT (which I missed during my Dark Age), that it uses something like that!

That's a clever mod! I hope if Lego ever releases a new version of the MTT (which I missed during my Dark Age), that it uses something like that!

Fantastic mod, Future!

It's simple, yet so much more accurate.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the nice remarks, I'm glad you all like it. :cry_happy:

@Ras74, you're right - it's a very simple mod to do, the only pieces that are somewhat uncommon are the technic "arms".

I will make some more pictures as soon as I've got time, for those of you that want to recreate it.

to be continued...

Edited by Future74