Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

The ISS Europa

I thought some might like to see the pictures of my latest creation, the result of 7 months of planning and brick acquisition.

This is the ISS Europa, a LEGO Neo-Classic Space starfighter carrier measuring over 100 studs long, with four auxiliary craft, an illuminated hangar bay and a crew of 17.

Please check out the video to see a demonstration of all the working features, or view the entire imageset on Flickr to see the development of this creation and explanations of the concepts behind the design.

Flickr images.

4571369692_0a98ae1e4f.jpg

4571353380_d5c6a910d0.jpg

I will be bringing her to some shows in the UK this year and probably next.

Dr. S.

:oh3: So that's where you've been.....

This thing is a monster!! I have a few questions though:

1) How heavy?

2) How much did it cost you?

Well done!! :thumbup:

AWESOME just SMEGGING AWESOME ! :grin:

Beautiful spaceship and fleet of fighters - I love it :wub: - the fighters look like a cross between a Cylon raider and Buck Rogers starfighter.

Excellent designing 'Doctor Sinister' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Whoa, a truly epic space ship, the fighters for scale are brilliant, and the video was awesome! well done indeed mate, wish this had been an actual set :tongue:

Looks like the time you spent building this paid off Dr. S! Truly a work of art. :wub:

I watched your YouTube video, and you really packed tons of details into this giant spaceship! :thumbup:

Also, how many bricks do you estimate are in this SHIP?

Edited by ILikePi

Brilliant work!

It reminds me of the sort of thing Lego would have put together for their world tour shows in the 80s that I loved going to as a child.

Looks like the time you spent building this paid off Dr. S! Truly a work of art. :wub:

I watched your YouTube video, and you really packed tons of details into this giant spaceship! :thumbup:

Also, how many bricks do you estimate are in this SHIP?

At least 9,000, maybe more.

Dr. S.

:oh3: So that's where you've been.....

This thing is a monster!! I have a few questions though:

1) How heavy?

2) How much did it cost you?

Well done!! :thumbup:

Not sure about the weight - shall we just say...heavy?

Cost - about £610.00.

Dr. S.

Brilliant! :classic:

I love the use of the corner windshields. The colours are really great.

I love the wings along with the bridge.

Just overall well done on a fantastic creation. :thumbup:

Really awesome! Love the design, the cockpits, and the detachable ships! Great job!

Brings a tear. :cry_happy: Great work! Glad to see the old blue and grey pop up from time to time. :classic:

:cry_happy: , I love everything about this, it truly is stunning, All the little techniques you used look really good together, I also really like the star trek spin you put on it, and the "gnats" are really cool too. Awesome job, and all your hard work has truly paid off, now all they need is something to fight with those guns :devil:

I also really like the star trek spin you put on it

Do you mean the ISS prefix? It stands for "Imperial Sinister Ship". :pir-sweet:

Dr. S.

Great work ... really love the overall smooth shape of the ship :thumbup: ... but I have a small issue: why did you not tile the floor of the cockpit? The rest of the ship is perfectly SNOTted but not the cockpitfloor ...

Great work ... really love the overall smooth shape of the ship :thumbup: ... but I have a small issue: why did you not tile the floor of the cockpit? The rest of the ship is perfectly SNOTted but not the cockpitfloor ...

Cost.

Dr. S.

This is a surprising MOC from you, but I still like it! :sweet: The cement mixer drums are a nice touch; I bought an extra one of that set for similar reasons. I must admit, this seems more "classic" than "neo-classic" to me. I love the picture of the "contractors"! :laugh:

... but I have a small issue: why did you not tile the floor of the cockpit? The rest of the ship is perfectly SNOTted but not the cockpitfloor ...

Obviously you don't deserve a "Stud Lover" tag. :grin:

WOW!!!!!I must see this in the flesh(or plastic rather!) What shows will it be at this year? Its making me feel like building some classic space ships tonight!

WOW!!!!!I must see this in the flesh(or plastic rather!) What shows will it be at this year? Its making me feel like building some classic space ships tonight!

It will be at our big annual event at STEAM in October, and I believe there will be a small get together in July. Possibly more, but probably also Petersfield next year.

Dr. S.

WOWZAS!

So large yet so magnificent!

the old color scheme never gets old... accually goes really great with the rest of the ship!

where do the other three smaller ships fit into the carrier?

Can't wait to see this at STEAM!

:pir_yoda:

Edit:

Its making me feel like building some classic space ships tonight!

Same here!

Edit:Edit: Is the hangar part detachable?

Edited by the_green_avenger

I thought some might like to see the pictures of my latest creation, the result of 7 months of planning and brick acquisition.

This is the ISS Europa, a LEGO Neo-Classic Space starfighter carrier measuring over 100 studs long, with four auxiliary craft, an illuminated hangar bay and a crew of 17.

Please check out the video to see a demonstration of all the working features, or view the entire imageset on Flickr to see the development of this creation and explanations of the concepts behind the design.

Flickr images.

4571369692_0a98ae1e4f.jpg

4571353380_d5c6a910d0.jpg

I will be bringing her to some shows in the UK this year and probably next.

Dr. S.

Absolutely beautiful! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Reminds me of the UES Destroyer from Escape Velocity: Override (mac shareware game) Love the design of the fighters too!

Edit:Edit: Is the hangar part detachable?

I had originally intended for it to be so, but in practical terms, no, because the wiring from the hangar is encased within the deck plating of the upper section and it wouldn't be possible to split them without ripping apart the upper deck.

Even so, the respective weight of the two halves would mean it was a two-man job at least to separate them.

It's pretty heavy.

Dr. S.

Edited by Doctor Sinister