Sign in to follow this  
74louloute

7955 Magician

indexed.gif

I don't know if you have already this set IRL :

4566247174_f9630d2417.jpg

I found this in my local toy shop in Paris. It was the only set of the range.

The mage has georgous dark green clothes : legs and hat are nicely printed, but the torso is plain.

The head is the same as the Governor in the Pirate line.

The tile is printed with a parchment pattern where it is written : "You are far more powerful than you would ever imagine..."

Moreover, there is a new jumper 2x2 and a little Dark Green Dragon.

To conclude : I really like this impulse, it's a great addition to the previous Lego mage.

Oh, thanks for that piece of news! ) :classic:

I didn't know about the printing on the tile, and I must say I'm really glad to get such a nice one in a cheap set! ) :thumbup:

good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I'm extremely jealous, I can't wait for the Kingdoms sets to be released, and hopefully the impulses will be also releases in America (More specifically Canada!).

Thanks for the news!

I'm lovin it, :wub:

And we also should not forget the Calendar, which will provide us with at least with one prince, a queen and 2-3 knights. ) :classic:

How could I ever forget about that :cry_happy: ? I just don't know the exact figs.

I don't know if you have already this set IRL :

I found this in my local toy shop in Paris. It was the only set of the range.

The mage has georgous dark green clothes : legs and hat are nicely printed, but the torso is plain.

The head is the same as the Governor in the Pirate line.

The tile is printed with a parchment pattern where it is written : "You are far more powerful than you would ever imagine..."

Moreover, there is a new jumper 2x2 and a little Dark Green Dragon.

To conclude : I really like this impulse, it's a great addition to the previous Lego mage.

*Screams like a little girl* Great mini review! I was hoping that the wizard had voldemort's new dark green robe torso, but alass, it was not to be. That impulse is as epic as the troll one was a while back, and I love the printed scroll piece, even though the prophesy sounds more like the paper from a fortune cookie. :hmpf_bad:

The inclusion of the dragon (which only apears in the second largest set barring this) makes up for those two dissapointments. Also, Dark tan 2/2 1 stud! (I barely have any dark tan so this excites me) Did I mention the Wizard himself? Je n'ai que un mod pour ca; EPIC. (I have but one word for it) This will be a must buy for me... when it shows up dans les 'Etats Unis! :tongue:

Edit; though I love the pic, I took it out of my post as to not clutter the thread.

~Insectoid Aristocrat who speaks French occasionally

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I hope you don't mind me splitting this away from the main discussion topic. I thought this was important enough to warrant its own thread.

Thanks for the picture and little review, this is a great little set. I like the printed tile, but am not sure about the English text. I might have preferred it if it was ineligible like previous scroll tiles.

Great review! I can't wait for this set to arrive in the US! I love how it has the mini-dragon peice, a black beard, and a printed script tile!

Thanks for the pic!

Too bad the minifig doesn't have a torso print, or a face that matches his beard. Everything else is great, though.

How cute this little set it.

I just love all this dark Earth Green from this new series, it is so rich! :wub:

this is gonna be an awesome impulse set. i notice the hat has been changed, so noe we have proof the magician is part of the dragons faction (though that wa spretts obvious from the colors since the biginning, anyway). can't wait to get my fingers on all these new sets, i've gotta rob a bank soon cause i even still don't have all sets from the fantasy era!

France appears to be quite the center of Lego 2010 Summer Sets right now! I'm envious...

I also preferred the old practice of making scroll text illegible, but at least the fact that it's in English means this wizard impulse will probably be available in the US. I wasn't able to buy nearly as many of the last ones as I wanted, and this one looks even better.

Sweet Sassy Molassy! :thumbup: That printed hat and tile look awesome! I really like the leg printing as well. Black beard and all this is a great little set.

Is it just me or is the buckle print on the hat really off? Hope they aren't getting sloppy with the prints. :sceptic:

Love the Dragon's color scheme, and the wizard is no exception. Would have liked to have seen a printed torso like other have mentioned, however. I'll probably end up swapping the torso and head out for something that matches a little bit more.

It's an ok se-did you say blank Dark Green torso?! I love the dragon and the tile, but I don't understand what it means. :tongue: Now the Black beard will probably be easier to get. :classic:

Edited by indianajones

Thanks for the review! Only wish the torso was printed so it could be used in other ways. LOVE the black beard. Now only to get some tans beards....

"You are far more powerful than you would ever imagine..." - Of course They have tu put word Imagine xD

Now I want a big set with mama dragon! The minifig is amazing, the printed title is yay, but the best is little dragon!