Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

That is a bit strange - does it mean that it leans "on-top" of the stub in the real model? I mean, otherwise LDD is normally quite accurate. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has the set (or feel like replicating that section of the model). If it leans on the stub like it does in the LDD model, that is not very good design from TLG.

I do not own the model, but from the instructions I understand that that the Technic Brick falls over de upright stub on the plate, so that the brick leans on the stub with the inside (the inside of the Technic Hole). It is a way of parts leaning on each other. In real life, there will be no 'fit', so unsurprisingly LDD does not recognise it as such.

I completely removed your duplicate post.

Tnxs. Somehow the communication with the EB site got hung up during the process of the posting. When it came back on, I had suddenly posted it twice. Of course I was eager to show my work, but that doesn't allow me to spam :laugh:.

@EMACZ

Even with a so small thumbnail the image could be confused with a set preview.

So I prefer you use text links! :classic:

Anyway, good work with "1891" :wink:

I didn't know there was a problem to place the vertical plate.. is it connected?

EDIT: looking closely it seems the problem is real: it is possible to place the whole inscription only removing one of the side 44728 snots. It seems you removed the left one, isn't it? Good workaround, anyway.

@EMACZ

Even with a so small thumbnail the image could be confused with a set preview.

So I prefer you use text links! :classic:

Anyway, good work with "1891" :wink:

I didn't know there was a problem to place the vertical plate.. is it connected?

look and try http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/EM4CZ/LXF-files/10224_town_hall.png

edit : original is left http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/EM4CZ/LXF-files/original_is_left.png

Edited by EM4CZ

I see... I think the problem could be due to the discrete movement of the pieces along the antenna.

If you zoom, you can notice that there is a little space inside the "9". That little cleft reduces the total space available, so the white tile of the "8" has not enough space to fit.

With a finer movement, I think it could be possible to place all bricks, including the snots at sides.

EDIT: I made a test, my guess was right.

To obtain a finer move, I moved the pieces in oblique. All pieces are placed, but not aligned.

I'm making some try to align that. Here is a screenshot.

EDIT-2: Finally I got an enough good result.

Could be it is not perfect, and it is at the limits of LDD "phisics", but it seems to work.

Download Here the lxf file.

EDIT-3: damn... reopening the file, LDD removed the pieces!

Anyway, the problem seems to be the antenna (conflicts with the left snot) and not the other parts I placed.

I should try something of less "extreme" :grin:

EDIT-4: As I supposed, the problem was the antenna. I removed one of the 1x1 plates round from the base of the antenna and now LDD don't remove the snot anymore. So the real bug seems to be the antenna, or at least how it fit in the snot.

The result is now good, but not perfectly identical to the original model.

Here is the new lxf file.

EDIT-4: The result is now good, but not perfectly identical to the original model.

Also for @EM4CZ, @Vean and @Superkalle:

I have incorporated your amendments into a new Town Hall LXF. Thnx for the collaboration on this 'doll house for adults'. :thumbup:

@Calabar: Indeed, I already had noticed that the problem was in the antenna (same as in Pet Shop). I wonder why you were able to fix something that my LDD wouldn't :wacko: ?

@Vean: Your rooftop lamellas are very acceptable. I don't bother that they do not 'fit' with the roof and I am convinced that they are good enough to take away Superkalle's (understandable) fear of triggering a collision in future versions. I am now convinced that I should no longer try to hastle with these kinda things (I spend ages getting them around the curves) but instead just post it and cry for help.

9397 - Logging Truck - Theme: Technic

9397_1.jpg

LXF file: 9397.lxf

Notes:

- no sticker

- missing 99009 and 99010 small turntable[fixed, thanks Superkalle]

- missing 92693c01 Mini Linear Actuator

- missing 98989 Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Double 4L, replaced with 32557

- missing 60c01 Gear 24 Tooth Clutch, replaced with 3648 Gear 24 Tooth

- the Gear 24 Tooth that control the turntalbe can't be placed on its right position.[fixed, thanks Superkalle]

Edited by peterski

9397 - Logging Truck - Theme: Technic

Good work on the truck. Two comments:

- The 99009 small turntable is actually in LDD.

- I managed to place the Gear 24 tooth. I just turned the 6587 slightly (first removing the 59443). See attached file.

Fixed truck.lxf

Good work on the truck. Two comments:

- The 99009 small turntable is actually in LDD.

- I managed to place the Gear 24 tooth. I just turned the 6587 slightly (first removing the 59443). See attached file.

Thanks very much Superkalle. the lxf has been updated.

6593-1: Blaze Battler

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1991

Download-->

blaze_battler.png

No stickers, torso changes, wheels, 3149c01 hinge and 4214 hinge substituted

6385-1: Fire House-I

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1991

Download-->

6385-1_fire_house.png

Known Inaccuracies:

- Baseplate (6100px2) missing, replaced with a custom solution reconstructed with tiles and plates.

- Ropes (194cx2) missing in LDD version, added only nozzle.

- Truck's Tires system (122c01+4084) completely replaced (4600+50944+42611).

- Car's Tires system (122c01+3641) completely replaced (4600+4624+3641).

- Ladder system on the truck (3149c01) replaced with a "working" custom solution.

- I used minifig head with hollow stud (3626b) instead than old type (3626a)

- Many decorations missing, replaced if possible.

Edited by EM4CZ

6366-1: Fire & Rescue Squad

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1984

Download-->

6366-1_fire_-_rescue_-_squad.png

Inaccuracies:

no stickers

Motorbike replaced similar old model

122c01 has been replaced

Edited by EM4CZ

6385-1: Fire House-I

Good work replacing baseplate, I see you used the same technique I used for the set 6382. :classic:

This station is very similar to the 6385, a sort of "enriched version". I like it very much, but I'm not totally convinced about the choice of blue for the casings.

6366-1: Fire & Rescue Squad

[...]

Motorbike not in LDD

Note that without replacing the motorbike with a custom solution the set will be indexed as incomplete! :classic:

Another thing.

I see the quality of your screenshot is not very good, if you want I can give you some suggestion to obtain better ones.

Good work replacing baseplate, I see you used the same technique I used for the set 6382. :classic:

This station is very similar to the 6385, a sort of "enriched version". I like it very much, but I'm not totally convinced about the choice of blue for the casings.

Note that without replacing the motorbike with a custom solution the set will be indexed as incomplete! :classic:

Another thing.

I see the quality of your screenshot is not very good, if you want I can give you some suggestion to obtain better ones.

6385-1: Fire House-I is rebuild your set, inaccuracies is copied and edited from your post, because is similar.

I had no idea how to rebuild the motorbike, so I did not enter it into the file.

Quality of my screenshot is resized on 512px in LDD, Photo quality is determined by the size of the model to fit the required size.

6385-1: Fire House-I is rebuild your set, inaccuracies is copied and edited from your post, because is similar.

I had no idea how to rebuild the motorbike, so I did not enter it into the file.

Quality of my screenshot is resized on 512px in LDD, Photo quality is determined by the size of the model to fit the required size.

To avoid misunderstandings, my comments about 6385 was about the set itself and not about your model, except for that regarding the good work with baseplate. :wink:

About the motorbike, if you want you could ask help to other users, that often are very available to help other builders to fix their sets.

About the quality of the screenshot, perhaps you don't understand what I mean... I'll continue in private. :classic:

6621-1: Fire Truck

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1984

Download -->

6621-1_fire_-_truck.png

Inaccuracies:

122c01 has been replaced

Edited by EM4CZ

6407-1: Fire Chief

Theme: Town / Fire Jr. / Year: 1997

Download -->

6407-1_fire_chief.png

Inaccuracies:

30277 custom build

Edited by EM4CZ

1702-1: Fire Fighter 4 x 4

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1994

Download -->

1702-1_fire_fighter_4_x_4.png

Inaccuracies:

No

Edited by EM4CZ

6954 - Renegade, Theme: Space, Subtheme: Blacktron

Click on the screenshot or link that follows to download the file.

6954_Blacktron_Renegade.jpg

6954 Blackron "Renegade" LXF File

Features

- Each module and figure as well as the rover are groups

Omissions

- All prints are unavailable - not substituted

Substitutions

- 4730 Modified Brick 2x2 with Pin and No Axle Hole unavailable, substituted 6232 Modified Brick 2x2 with Pin and Axle Hole.

Errors

- The program doesn't like the position of the yellow tubes - it caused a 'misplaced bricks' error and removed the 1x1 'Headlight' brick on one side and removed the tube on the other side. I moved the horizontally-connected end of each tube to the next adjacent stud towards the outside of the model, and it does not remove any bricks now.

Edited by vynsane

5974 Galactic Enforcer - Theme: Space - Space Police III - LXF File

Space-SpacePoliceIII-05974-425.604-0512-GalacticEnforcer.png

Errors:

- Missing prints. Missing decals.

- Replaced 2x 30526 Brick 1x2 w. Double Snap with 2x 3004 Brick 1x2 and shifted 64683/64391 Left/Right Panel 3x7 down 0.125 LDU to avoid collision with 2x 41766 Brick 2x8x2 w/Bow on front cockpit.

- Replaced 48989 Beam 3M w/4 Snaps with 2x 32556 3M Connector Peg / 32523 Technic 3M Beam to avoid collision with 3036 Plate 6x8.

- Shifted 4479 Metal Detector 4 LDU out from 4085 Plate 1x1 w. Holder to avoid collision.

6511-1: Rescue Runabout

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1992

Download -->

6511-1_rescue_runabout.png

Inaccuracies:

No

6505-1: Fire Chief's Car

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1988

Download -->

6505-1_fire_chief_car.png

Inaccuracies:

122c01 has been custom replaced

6612-1: Fire Chief's Car

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1986

Download -->

6612-1_fire_chief_car.png

Inaccuracies:

6611-1: Fire Chief's Car

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1981

Download -->

6611-1_fire_chief_car.png

Inaccuracies:

Errors:

- Replaced 2x 30526 Brick 1x2 w. Double Snap with 2x 3004 Brick 1x2 and shifted 64683/64391 Left/Right Panel 3x7 down 0.125 LDU to avoid collision with 2x 41766 Brick 2x8x2 w/Bow on front cockpit.

- Replaced 48989 Beam 3M w/4 Snaps with 2x 32556 3M Connector Peg / 32523 Technic 3M Beam to avoid collision with 3036 Plate 6x8.

- Shifted 4479 Metal Detector 4 LDU out from 4085 Plate 1x1 w. Holder to avoid collision.

Not nice to see. From what I can see they are all illegal designs from TLG designers. :sceptic:

Nice that you can "rescue" the LDD model though.

6486-1: Fire Engine

Theme: Town / Fire Jr. / Year: 1997

Download -->

6486-1_fire_engine.png

Inaccuracies:

30277 custom build

6525-1: Blaze Commander

Theme: Town / Fire / Year: 1995

Download -->

6525-1_blaze_commander.png

Inaccuracies:

2513 custom build

Edited by EM4CZ

6954 - Renegade, Theme: Space, Subtheme: Blacktron

It seems there is an hole in the main windscreen! :tongue:

Did you try the zinfinion's technique to overlap 3-4 times the same screenshot to make transparencies more intense?