Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

I spent some time yesterday building a couple sets. First, I built all three models of 5765 Transport Truck from the Creator theme.

Model One

5765_transport_truck_a.png

LXF File

Model Two

5765_transport_truck_b.png

LXF File

Model Three

5765_transport_truck_c.png

LXF File

All three models are without any errors (to the best of my knowledge). I'll have to double-check once a review of this set is up as I wasn't sure whether the grille pieces should be 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered (Agents Silver, the color Bricklink calls Metallic Silver) or 315 Silver Metallic (Kingdoms Silver, a color Bricklink labels extremely inconsistently).

Next, I built this year's Tiny Turbos from the Racers theme:

8301 Urban Enforcer

8301_urban_enforcer.png

LXF File

8302 Rod Rider

8302_rod_rider.png

LXF File

8303 Demon Destroyer

8303_demon_destroyer.png

LXF File

8304 Smokin' Slickster

8304_smokin_slickster.png

LXF File

Collective errors:

• Decorations are unavailable. Any parts that should be decorated with stickers have been left blank.
  • The front surface of part 50946 cannot be painted silver as it should be. It has instead been made entirely black

And finally, I built the combined "alternate models" of the previously listed Tiny Turbos:

8301+8304

8301-8304.png

LXF File

8302+8303

8302-8303.png

LXF File

Needless to say, their errors are the same as the errors for their component sets.

I have various other sets that were either completed or "in progress" before I took my internet hiatus in early January. I'll probably get around to uploading them as soon as the index is updated so I can keep track of which I have submitted and which I have not.

My first post!

7976 Ocean Speeder

There is no printing or stickers on the model and I could not find Lance Spears' head.

Edited by Calabar
Image inserted as a text link until the post will be fixed according to topic's rules

My first post!

7976 Ocean Speeder

There is no printing or stickers on the model and I could not find Lance Spears' head.

Very nice work! Lance Spears's head is in there, but it can be tricky to find since it looks so similar to a "generic" minifigure head. In fact, both the front and back prints for his head are available, as with the rest of the Atlantis crew (besides Brains, the guest star in the Drill Submarine set).

I can't really check this model completely because you didn't give a download link for the LXF file! But based on the image, it looks like you may have used the wrong gold and silver colors. The gold cup should be color 297 Warm Gold, which can't be gotten from the paint bucket tool. Luckily for you, a goblet in that very color exists in DesignByMe mode! Just click View>New Themes>DesignByMe to switch to DesignByMe mode, grab a goblet from the Minifig Accessories category, place it in the scene, and switch back to LEGO Universe mode.

The silver color should be 315 Silver Metallic. That can be gotten in LEGO Universe mode just fine. Bricklink is very inconsistent about what they call this color, but for future reference anything "regular silver" from summer 2010 or later will be 315 Silver Metallic, and anything "dark silver" from summer 2010 or later will be 316 Titanium Metallic. It's a bit tricky because the current "regular silver" is slightly darker than the previous one. The 2011 Hero Factory sets and 2010 Kingdoms sets are where the distinction is most obvious, because they use both of the new silver colors.

Also, is there supposed to be a seaweed piece on that clip there? The seaweed piece used in most Atlantis sets can be found in the minifigure parts category. It's a funny place to look for it, but you have to remember that it was originally a spine from the 2006 BIONICLE minifigures.

Once you have the LXF up I can double-check the rest of your colors. Don't worry that I'm picking on you; I just try and pay close attention to what colors are correct or incorrect in any model (and it's a lot easier to spot color errors in screenshots of a smaller set like this one).

EDIT: Also, according to the topic rules you ought to resize your image to a maximum of 512 pixels wide (half of the size it is now). It would be a lot better to crop it than to just resize it, so we can see the details. But someone else may be able to explain how to do that better than I can (your options may be different depending on what type of image-editing software you have).

Edited by Aanchir

Very nice work! Lance Spears's head is in there, but it can be tricky to find since it looks so similar to a "generic" minifigure head. In fact, both the front and back prints for his head are available, as with the rest of the Atlantis crew (besides Brains, the guest star in the Drill Submarine set).....

Hmm, I think Calabar whould say: Don't quote pics! :laugh:

Edited by legolijntje

Hmm, I think Calabar whould say: Don't quote pics! :laugh:

My mistake! It's fixed now; thanks for calling me out on that!

3739 Blacksmith Shop - Theme: Castle [DUPLICATE]

3739%20Blacksmith%20Shop.png?dl_name=3739%20Blacksmith%20Shop.png

LXF File

Small windows substituted, flames don't fit in fire, bat doesn't fit in attic, bugle won't clip to wall.

6012 Siege Cart - Theme: Castle

6012%20Siege%20Cart.png?dl_name=6012%20Siege%20Cart.png

LXF File

6016 Knight's Arsenal - Theme: Castle

6016%20Knights%20Arsenal.png?dl_name=6016%20Knights%20Arsenal.png

LXF File

6023 Maiden's Cart- Theme: Castle

6023%20Maidens%20Cart.png?dl_name=6023%20Maidens%20Cart.png

LXF File

4857 Horse hitching with hinge and 251c01 Turntable with hinge combination replaced by 2397 Thill for Gig

6035 Castle Guard - Theme: Castle

6035%20Castle%20Guard.png?dl_name=6035%20Castle%20Guard.png

LXF File

6041 Armor Shop - Theme: Castle

6041%20Armor%20Shop.png?dl_name=6041%20Armor%20Shop.png

LXF File

6049 Viking Voyager - Theme: Castle

6049%20Viking%20Voyager.png?dl_name=6049%20Viking%20Voyager.png

LXF File

6067 Guarded Inn - Theme: Castle [DUPLICATE]

6067%20Guarded%20Inn.png?dl_name=6067%20Guarded%20Inn.png

LXF File

6073 Knight's Castle - Theme: Castle [DUPLICATE]

6073%20Knights%20Castle.png?dl_name=6073%20Knights%20Castle.png

LXF File

73037 replaced using Calabar's brick built alternate

6074 Black Falcon's Fortress - Theme: Castle [DUPLICATE]

6074%20Black%20Falcons%20Fortress.png?dl_name=6074%20Black%20Falcons%20Fortress.png

LXF File

String Missing

Edited by AndyC

Just finished all three models of 5764 Rescue Robot from the Creator theme.

Model One:

5764_rescue_robot_a.png

LXF File

Model Two:

5764_rescue_robot_b.png

LXF File

Model Three:

5764_rescue_robot_c.png

LXF File

Of the three models, only Model Two has an error: the two cone pieces (59900) cannot attach to the 1x2 brick with Technic hole (3700).

Also, here's a set I completed before my study abroad program in January forced me away from LDD: 6751 Fiery Legend from the Creator theme!

Model One:

6751_fiery_legend_a.png

LXF File

Errors:

• The cloth wings are not available on LDD and have been left out of the model.
  • The light-brick function requires some "give" in the button on the light brick (since otherwise parts would be stressed). Because this is not possible on LDD, one of the head pieces (the 2x2 tile 3068) could not be placed on the model. It has instead been left to the side of the model.

Model Two:

6751_fiery_legend_b.png

LXF File

Again, the light-brick function requires some "give" to keep parts out of compression, which is not possible on LDD. This time, the Technic liftarm 32140 could not be added to the model for this reason. It has been left to the side. This is the only error for Model Two.

Model Three:

6751_fiery_legend_c.png

LXF File

No errors for Model Three, thankfully.

Glad to be active here in the LDD subforum once more!

7239 Fire Truck

7239-FireTruck.png

LXF File

Errors:

• The boat will not allow the outboard motor to join (boundary error)
  • The boat will not allow the orange life-vest to sit properly
  • I had not got around to positioning the fire-extinguishers in the cupboard
  • No string on the reel at the back

EDIT LDD V4 Versions

LXF File

Edited by roamingstudio

7239 Fire Truck

LXF File

Errors:

• Possibly the wrong trans-blue
  • The boat will not allow the outboard motor to join (boundary error)
  • The boat will not allow the orange life-vest to sit properly
  • I Could not find the right wheels - need to spend a bit more time searching.
  • I had not got around to positioning the fire-extinguishers in the cupboard
  • No string on the reel at the back

Trans-blue is correct, as are the wheels (although they're missing the tires, which I believe should be part 6015). One of the other colors is wrong, though. Light bluish gray parts should be 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 208 Light Stone Grey. It's an easy mistake to make, since we're so used to calling them "light gray" and "dark gray"-- but in fact Light Stone Grey is the off-white color Bricklink calls Very Light Bluish Gray, a color used prominently in Mindstorms NXT sets.

Great work, even with that small error! Once you've fixed that I'm sure it will be much appreciated in the index!

@roamingstudio

I can see the image of the set 7239 is too big.

Could you resize it?

As I didn't check the topic for some weeks, I invite all participants to check their sets before the next index update.

Thanks! :classic:

About image size, I remember that 512x512 pixel is the maximum size allowed, not a standard size. So, for little sets overall, a smaller size is often more adequate.

Look at AndyC post over here: it is an example of perfect measuring. :thumbup:

Sorry I had remembered (incorrectly) 800 width. It will be resized, but I am now traveling for the next few days and wont get to update it until Sunday.

Thanks for the hints on light blue grey - I had remembered SuperKalles Excel sheet incorrectly. It will be updated on Sunday.

@roamingstudio

I can see the image of the set 7239 is too big.

Could you resize it?

As I didn't check the topic for some weeks, I invite all participants to check their sets before the next index update.

Thanks! :classic:

About image size, I remember that 512x512 pixel is the maximum size allowed, not a standard size. So, for little sets overall, a smaller size is often more adequate.

Look at AndyC post over here: it is an example of perfect measuring. :thumbup:

Sorry; I assume you're partly talking about my Creator sets. I know the first post recommended a smaller size for smaller sets, but I guess I draw the line between large and small sets differently than a lot of people.

Should I resize the Rescue Robot pics, or just be a little stricter with myself about sizes in the future?

Some of your creator sets are a bit "oversized" for my taste, effectively. :tongue:

But there are surely many other examples in the last pages, such as many of Star Wars mini/micro scale sets.

C3POwen too has the tendency to insert big thumbs (hight resolution monitor?).

You posts are regular, however, so will be regularly indexed.

The problem is that too big images make the topic uncomfortable to browse, over all for users that has small display or access the site with a "netbook".

So, surely, resize images in old posts is an appreciated work, because make the topic more ordered and readable.

Some weeks ago I wanted to start a work to fix very old posts: in the first pages the rules was not well definite and the moderation was less strict, so the readability is very low. But my personal obligations prevent me to start this work.

I prepared a little list of irregular posts, so that all you can fix irregular posts before the next index update.

Murdoch17: (clear set data missing) here.

winsrp: (too small and unclear images) here.

Gear_tooth: (too big images) here.

Giovanne: (too big images; un-cutted out white borders) here, here, here.

roamingstudio: (too big images) here.

Lance: (too big images; missing lxf file) here.

Set that will be indexed as incomplete:

BrickWild: here.

primitiv: here.

Finally, here, laserman attached image instead than link it. I suggest to use an image hosting provider or brickshelf, because of the limits of attachment in this forum.

Some weeks ago I wanted to start a work to fix very old posts: in the first pages the rules was not well definite and the moderation was less strict, so the readability is very low. But my personal obligations prevent me to start this work.

I've been going through the whole thread as part of the latest indexing effort to try and highlight some of the worst offenders (there are some old posts that have images way over Eurobricks recommended sizes) so I'd encourage everyone to have a quick look at their old posts to see if anything needs fixing.

3835 - Robo Champ - Board Games

3835_robo_champ.png

LXF

343 - Ferry Boat - Vintage

343_ferry.png

LXF

Windows, hinge parts and the baseplate have been replaced with custom assemblies.

7212 - Sky Squad - Creator

7212_inflight_sales_1.png

LXF1

7212_inflight_sales_2.png

LXF2

7212_inflight_sales_3.png

LXF3

No errors; just some doubts about the right colour for clear blue parts; I used MdBlue as reported by Peeron, although it looks quite different from the booklet pictures.

3835 - Robo Champ - Board Games

LXF

343 - Ferry Boat - Vintage

LXF

Windows, hinge parts and the baseplate have been replaced with custom assemblies.

7212 - Sky Squad - Creator

LXF1

LXF2

LXF3

No errors; just some doubts about the right colour for clear blue parts; I used MdBlue as reported by Peeron, although it looks quite different from the booklet pictures.

Well, I checked the colors. The transparent blue color in 7212, at least according to Bricklink, is Trans-Medium Blue. In LEGO terms, that should be 143 Transparent Fluorescent Blue, the fourth and last option in the Transparent Blue category. That should be easy to correct

You also have your gray color wrong on some of the sets. 343 and 7212 should both use 2 Grey (Light Gray), not 194 Medium Stone Grey (Light Bluish Gray). The switch to Stone Grey/Bluish Gray really started with 2004 sets (some 2003 sets from later production runs also used the newer greys, I think).

Also, I'd recommend never trusting instruction booklet pictures for colors. A lot of LEGO instructions on the official website are cruddy scans which distort a lot of the colors. For instance, 28 Dark Green (Green) often looks much brighter than it should, whereas 192 Reddish Brown and 308 Dark Brown are often darker than they should be (sometimes making it difficult even to see or identify the parts).

You did better with Robo Champ, but there's a few minor errors. The 1x1 tile with the white and red gauge should be 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 199 Dark Stone Grey. The wrench/trophy piece should be 297 Warm Gold, not 106 Bright Orange (Warm Gold is a tricky color to access-- you have to switch to DesignByMe mode using View>New Themes>DesignByMe, pick up a gold piece like the minifig goblet and place it in the scene, then switch back to LEGO Universe mode and use the eyedropper tool to select the gold color).

Great work on these sets! Creator sets (and other sets that rely on basic bricks) can be fun, can't they? It makes me almost feel ashamed that I don't tend to buy Creator sets, especially looking at the Creator website and seeing how imaginative and fun the Creator designers are.

Okay Calabar, here is my suggestion for my Lego Universe rocket models. It seems LEGO will be releasing more Instructions like the ones I used for these models in the future. (They have released two more already at LEGO.com!) I didn't realy intend to make any more, so can we just forget I posted them? Also, I seems to have lost the model files anyway, so I can't post them, not to mention I haven't got a Gallery that wil let me upload somthing like LDD files. (yet!) However: if anyone wants to try makeing these models, go ahead. Here is the classic rocket, Ninja Rocket and the Nimbus rocket. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Murdoch17

@Murdoch17

Oh, ok, I didn't noticed there was not links to lxf files!

I'll edit your post then.

Why don't you insert this request in the "Official Lego sets - Book, WIP, Requests" Topic? :classic:

Name: LEGO shootgame

Theme: LEGO Club

lego_club_shootgame_ldd.jpg

There are no errors.

Dowload HERE.

And for the people who want to see the real thing: image

@legolijntje

Never seen that set! Seems interesting!

You should specify set's number and resize the image (it is a bit over maximum size allowed).

@legolijntje

Never seen that set! Seems interesting!

You should specify set's number and resize the image (it is a bit over maximum size allowed).

I'm going to resize it.

And... there is no set number; it is a LEGO club "set".

I have a bunch of LEGO club building instructions, so I'm going to make them in ldd.

I've already done some a few weeks ago (uploaded already).

Edited by legolijntje

I'm going to resize it.

And... there is no set number; it is a LEGO club "set".

I have a bunch of LEGO club building instructions, so I'm going to make them in ldd.

I've already done some a few weeks ago.

If it makes any impact on your plans, I've already built the Agents HQ (Mobile Command Center alternate model from Brickmaster magazine). You might want to build it yourself anyway, and that's just fine and dandy. I haven't posted it because I'd first like to get all the minifigures aligned as they appear in the image that appears by the instructions (getting Spy Clops into the correct position is really frustrating due to his legs' lack of connection with the HQ).

Sorry I had remembered (incorrectly) 800 width. It will be resized, but I am now traveling for the next few days and wont get to update it until Sunday.

Ok!

About the model, right tires are 6015!

Here is a fixed model, use it if you want!

If it makes any impact on your plans, I've already built the Agents HQ (Mobile Command Center alternate model from Brickmaster magazine). You might want to build it yourself anyway, and that's just fine and dandy. I haven't posted it because I'd first like to get all the minifigures aligned as they appear in the image that appears by the instructions (getting Spy Clops into the correct position is really frustrating due to his legs' lack of connection with the HQ).

I don't have the instructions for that :laugh:. I don't have Brickmaster :sceptic: .

I have LEGO Club instructions.

So, it doesn't matter.