Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

8081 - Hot Rod Theme: Technic - LXF File

I attached those wheels like Calabar did on the original model and tilted the hot rod forward a bit here. I think there is at least one color error, but I'm leaving that to our expert Aanchir default_classic.gif

I used textbox, the decimal values seems to be accepted, but LDD moved the model as if it would round the value to the next integer (the value showed in the textbox remain the same I inserted however).

Ah, OK - I didn't know that.

8069 Backhoe Loader (B-model) - Theme: Technic - LXF file

8069-backhoe_loader-2.png

Errors:

Edited by Tore M

4416 - Robo Pod - Theme: Creator --- Version 1 and 2

LXF 1

LXF 2

Nice weekend.

• The 1x1 cone piece should be part 6188 rather than 4589, since it's transparent. I have no idea what the physical differences between the two are, but I'm betting it's a small one to accommodate for one being ABS and one being PC.
  • All metallic silver parts should be 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered rather than 309 Metalized Silver.

No other errors I could find! Great work on these-- I loved X-Pods when I was a kid, even though I never got into the cool little game you were supposedly able to play with them.

4335 - Black Robots Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4335.png

4335 - Black Robots Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4335b.png

4337 - Dragon Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4337.png

4337 - Dragon Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4337b.png

4338 - Monster Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4338.png

4338 - Monster Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4338b.png

4339 - Aqua Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4339.png

4339 - Aqua Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4339b.png

4413 - Arachno Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4413.png

4413 - Arachno Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4413b.png

[uPDATED 28-05-2011]

• Fixed 4335
  • Fixed 4337
  • Fixed 4338
  • Fixed 4339
  • Fixed 4413

Edited by P4trickvH

4415 - Auto Pod - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

4415.png

4415 - Auto Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

4415b.png

4417 - Aero Pod - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

4417.png

4417 - Aero Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

4417b.png

4418 - Dino Pod - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

4418.png

4418 - Dino Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

4418b.png

[uPDATED 28-05-2011]

• Fixed 4415
  • Fixed 4417
  • Fixed 4418

Edited by P4trickvH

Alright, none of your links work, so it was a bit hard getting to the files. However, I was able to get to them by correcting the URLs. The "/thumb" needs to be removed from each one. But here's the error-check:

The two 1x2 hinge plates used on the arms (44302) need to be colored 26 Black rather than 106 Bright Orange. They are correct in your screenshot but not in the LXF, so I guess you just made a change and forgot to save it. That's the only error with this model.

Remember that click hinges like 44302 and 44567 can only be hinged at increments of 22.5 degrees (some sets require the parts to be hinged by a different increment, which is technically an illegal connection, but in this set there should be no difficulties). Here, the arms are hinged by 15 degrees.

4337 - Dragon Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

Errors:

• Not sure why you had trouble getting Trans-Neon Orange with this one since you did just fine with it in the Black Robot Pod. The official name for the color is 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange.
  • The technic pin/axle (6562) should be colored 5 Brick Yellow rather than 3 Light Yellow.
  • Same error I mentioned above regarding click-hinges. Again, all of these ones are hinged by 15 degrees when they should be hinged by 22.5 degrees.

Again, the click hinges should be hinged by increments of 22.5 degrees. One way to double-check this sort of thing is to zoom in real close to these hinges and see if the "teeth" are interlocking correctly, or if they're colliding. But with certain parts that's more trouble than it's worth. It's easier just to practice until you've memorized the number 22.5 for this style of hinge.

4338 - Monster Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

• All Dark Purple parts should be 268 Medium Lilac rather than 124 Bright Reddish Violet. This isn't the first time I've seen this mistake, which surprises me because Medium Lilac is a very dark color in real life and should look very different from Bright Reddish Violet. Perhaps the color renders differently on different people's computer monitors?
  • All Trans-Neon Green parts should be colored 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green rather than 311 Transparent Bright Green. This one makes more sense to me since on LDD Transparent Fluorescent Green looks more yellow than green, and is almost indistinguishable from 44 Transparent Yellow.
  • Just as with the Dragon Pod, all tan parts should be colored 5 Brick Yellow rather than 3 Light Yellow.
  • This fellow's missing a 1x2 plate in Bright Yellowish Green on his right foot.
  • The click hinge on his neck needs to be fixed as mentioned above. -67.5 degrees is probably the magic number in this case. All his other click hinges are at angles of 45 or 90, so they work out.

Same color errors as in the A-model, and the angles of the click hinges for his feet and neck need to be fixed, but otherwise everything's OK.

4339 - Aqua Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

Immediately upon opening the file I was alerted that "two bricks were not placed correctly and have been removed from the model." One of these was a bright blue 1x4 plate (3710), which was removed because apparently this set uses an illegal connection (there is a workaround, thankfully). The other was a phosphorescent white 1x1 plate with tooth (49668), which was removed for the same reason. I find it interesting that these parts were removed from one side and not the other, which might mean either part 43711 or its counterpart 43710 has incorrect brick geometries.

This is the only error with this model. The workaround I mentioned is to move the 1x1 Technic bricks (6541), 1M Technic pins with studs (4274), and all SNOT pieces to the side of the model and replace them temporarily with four 1x1 bricks with side studs (87087). Then, move the SNOT pieces back onto the model. Finally, delete the four placeholder pieces and put the Technic bricks and pins back where they belong. Best to move all the Technic bricks and pins at once using the Multiple Selection Tool for this to work best.

If you have trouble using this method, just say the word and I can fix the model myself and give you a copy of the LXF to put on your Brickshelf in place of the current one. Errors involving illegal connections can be some of the most frustrating to fix, and I don't know if my instructions make much sense, so I'd be happy to fix this one for you if you can't decipher my instructions.

You have two extra 1x2 45-degree slope bricks (3040). The two on his back need to be deleted, and the 2x4 wedge slope bricks (43710 and 43711) need to be scooted forward one stud each. That's the only error with this one.

This is where I thought I was finished until I realized you had posted some more X-Pods while I was busy correcting the first batch!

4413 - Arachno Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

No errors here! Great work!

Click-hinge angles need to be fixed. No other errors, though.

4415 - Auto Pod - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

Once again, no errors!

4415 - Auto Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

Your levers (73587) have the colors inverted. Perhaps has LDD been updated since you built this model? This has happened to some of my old sets when I had to update them after a new version of LDD appeared. This is the only error here.

4417 - Aero Pod - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

No errors on this one.

4417 - Aero Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

The Trans-Neon Orange 1x1 round plate (6141) should be colored 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange rather than 182 Transparent Bright Orange. No other errors here.

4418 - Dino Pod - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

• All Trans-Neon Orange parts should be colored 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange rather than 182 Transparent Bright Orange
  • All Trans-Neon Green parts should be colored 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green rather than 311 Transparent Bright Green.
  • Click hinges need to be hinged in increments of 22.5 degrees.

4418 - Dino Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - Creator - LXF File

This has all the same errors as the A-model, but no additional errors.

Great work on all these sets! It's nice to do an error check on a bunch of tiny sets in between enormous Technic models. And a lot of these sets are familiar to me from growing up. I hope to see even more sets from you in the future!

All models fixed.

Thank you very much Aanchir for checking all the models and the tips you gave.

And more of those models comming tomorrow.

Edited by P4trickvH

4346 - Robo Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4346.png

4346 - Robo Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4346b.png

4347 - Auto Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4347a.png

4347 - Auto Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4347b.png

4348 - Aero Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4348.png

4348 - Aero Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4348b.png

4349 - Wild Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4349.png

4349 - Wild Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4349b.png

So that should complete the A and B models from the X-Pod section.

[uPDATED 29-05-2011]

• Fixed 4346

Edited by P4trickvH

4346 - Robo Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

• The 1x2 jumper plate (3794) should be colored 26 Black rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • The 1x1 bricks with side studs (47905) should be colored 26 Black rather than 28 Dark Green.

Again, the 1x1 bricks with side studs (47905) should be colored 26 Black rather than 28 Dark Green. No other errors with this one.

4347 - Auto Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4347 - Auto Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4348 - Aero Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4348 - Aero Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4349 - Wild Pod - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

4349 - Wild Pod, B-Model - Theme: X-Pod - LXF File

No errors with any of these ones! Nice going!

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 1 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_1.png

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 2 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_2.png

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 3 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_3.png

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 4 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_4.png

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 5 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_5.png

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 6 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_6.png

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 7 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_7.png.

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 8 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_8.png.

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 9 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_9.png.

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 10 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_10.png.

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 11 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

4888_11.png.

Errors

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Set 1 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

Image.

Set 1 contains model 1, 2, 6, 10 and can be build with the 4888 building set. It also has the same errors as the models above.

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Set 2 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

Image.

Set 2 contains model 5, 11 and can be build with the 4888 building set. It also has the same errors as the models above.

[uPDATED 31-05-2011]

• Fixed one problem with Model 2
  • Fixed Model 4.
  • Fixed Model 6, removed 3 double parts.
  • Fixed Model 7.
  • Fixed one problem with error-list Model 10
  • Fixed one problem with error-list Model 11
  • Added set 1 and set 2

[uPDATED 03-06-2011]

• Added Black Tread Small (20 tread 'links') to model 1,5,9 set1, set2 and updated LXF-files and images. NOTE, bricklink uses a different catalog nr. for the part. Bricklink uses x939 instead of 43903.

Edited by Calabar
Link fixed for 4888 set1 and set2

Another great list of models. Good work :thumbup:

Some comments:

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 2 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

Errors

I seem to be able to connect the friction pin. No conflict with the inverted 45 2x1. What version of LDD are you running?

Good job on that scafolding by the way!

If you just tilt the 2555 slightly it will fit nicely. (or is there any reason you didn't do that?)

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 6 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

Errors

Hm, seems I can get it in place

Yes, seems to be the case. There is a collision error (or the model uses illegal techniques, I'm not sure yet).

Another great list of models. Good work :thumbup:

Some comments:

I seem to be able to connect the friction pin. No conflict with the inverted 45 2x1. What version of LDD are you running?

Good job on that scafolding by the way!

If you just tilt the 2555 slightly it will fit nicely. (or is there any reason you didn't do that?)

Yes, that seems to be the case

Model 2

Fixed. I'm running LDD 4.1.7.

Model 4

Part 2540 is the problem in model 4, if i follow the building instructions it can't be placed, because the front of the part can't be mounted on the studs.

Edited by P4trickvH

Model 4

Part 2540 is the problem in model 4, if i follow the building instructions it can't be placed, because the front of the part can't be mounted on the studs.

OK, I see now. But I'm wondering if not the small assembly with the 2540 etc is supposed to be loose inside the "mouth" of the model. Because I can't see from the instructions how it would otherwise fit.

The treads actually are available on LDD, it would seem. They're part 43903. However, they can't be properly flexed into position, so if you add them they'll have to be left to the side. That's the only error I can find.

The reason those parts cannot attach is that they're not supposed to attach. If you look at the picture of the model in the instruction booklet's "Table of Contents", you can see that this small probe is floating out of the front independently. Thus, it simply needs to rest inside the sub without any connection.

4888 - Underwater Exploration, Model 5 - Theme: Designer Sets, Harbor - LXF File

Errors

Again, the treads are available as part 43903.

Errors

The assembly of parts 32054, 32062, and 2819 is not supposed to be mirrored. There should only be one of these constructions, on the left side of the submarine.

The parts you were forced to leave off can be placed just fine if you hinge the 2x2x2 round Technic bricks (30361) upwards three degrees each. In real life this would happen naturally, but in LDD it's harder to tell that this is necessary (since it's such a small angle that it doesn't show up well in the instructions).

No errors in the build, but the first error you have listed is phrased backwards. 30283 is the one that's missing and 60219 is the one that you replaced it with.

One last comment I'd like to make: the actual set's instructions list, at the end of certain models, which other models can be built with the leftover pieces. I think it'd be great if you could create additional LXFs for each full "set" of models that can be built at any given time:

Set 1 - Models 1, 2, 6, and 10

Set 2 - Models 5 and 11

Great work on this set!

I'll add the LXF-Files and preview pictures from the sets that contain left-over parts from which other models can be build. I'll post them in my previous post later today.

And will fixed the other additional comments to.

The treads are available as part 43903.

Treads 43903, are not the same as x939. 43903 has 28 treads and x939 has 20 treads so is shorter.

Edited by P4trickvH

Architecture theme:

21008 Burj Khalifa

Good work, but you should fix the image, that is too big.

New SW set.

7962 - Anakin's and Sebulba's Pod Racers

Theme - Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Year - 2011

725_-_lddscreenshot1.png

LXF File

-Two bricks 3062b can't be placed in Anakin's Pod Racer turbines.

-Two bricks 3020 can't be placed in the front of Sebulbas's Pod Racer turbines.

-Anakin's helmet is substituted.

-Sebulba is brick-built.

-Watto's head is brick-built.

-Wald's head is substituted.

-Some decoration were substituted, while others are missing.

I hope that the rest is correct, Thanks.

-03.06.2011 - Fixed errors.

Edited by Giovanne

New SW set.

Love the way you brick built Watto :classic:

The 3062b can't be placed because of a collision error in 32039. I'm sending TLG a notice about that.

The 3020 2x4 plate is a bit trickier. I can't figure out why it's not working. The corner of the reddish brown 2x4 plate touches the lower of the two pod engine "wings". But is is an error in LDD or an illegal build? First I thought it was a geometry error in 30364, so I replaced with 44301, but that didn't solve it. But then I noticed the gap (see pic), and I'm wondering if it should be like that with physcial bricks?

post-4755-130702897548.png

Love the way you brick built Watto :classic:

The 3062b can't be placed because of a collision error in 32039. I'm sending TLG a notice about that.

The 3020 2x4 plate is a bit trickier. I can't figure out why it's not working. The corner of the reddish brown 2x4 plate touches the lower of the two pod engine "wings". But is is an error in LDD or an illegal build? First I thought it was a geometry error in 30364, so I replaced with 44301, but that didn't solve it. But then I noticed the gap (see pic), and I'm wondering if it should be like that with physcial bricks?

I think that is a geometry error, the gap is correct, since every time I change the angle of the hinge the corner of the 3020 touches the turbine.

I will try to fix again, thanks Superkalle! :thumbup:

I'll add the LXF-Files and preview pictures from the sets that contain left-over parts from which other models can be build. I'll post them in my previous post later today.

And will fixed the other additional comments to.

Treads 43903, are not the same as x939. 43903 has 28 treads and x939 has 20 treads so is shorter.

What? That's weird--43903 has only 20 treads on LDD (feel free to count them yourself). I don't know whether Bricklink has the part number wrong or LDD has the wrong part rendered for that part number, but in any event the one listed as 43903 on LDD is the one your models are missing.

Architecture theme:

21008 Burj Khalifa

lxf Download

No errors, besides no print on flat 1X8 brick.

• First and foremost, your link is to the document thumbnail for the file on Brickshelf, not to the file itself. You may have accidentally clicked "Copy Image Location" instead of "Copy Link Location".
  • Your model is missing one 1x1 Medium Stone Grey round brick (3062) from the second-tallest "column". Other than this, the model itself is error-free.

New SW set.

7962 - Anakin's and Sebulba's Pod Racers

Theme - Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Year - 2011

LXF File

-Two bricks 3062b can't be placed in Anakin's Pod Racer turbines.

-Two bricks 3020 can't be placed in the front of Sebulbas's Pod Racer turbines.

-Anakin's helmet is substituted.

-Sebulba is brick-built.

-Watto's head is brick-built.

-Wald's head is substituted.

-Some decoration were substituted, while others are missing.

I hope that the rest is correct, Thanks.

Hmmm, this is an exceedingly tricky set to error-check since it hasn't been inventoried on Bricklink and there haven't been any reviews that allow me to visually determine (for instance) what silver color is used. However, I will share what I can tell from the resources available to me.

• Obi-Wan's lightsaber blade should be colored 42 Transparent Light Blue rather than 43 Transparent Blue.
  • Obi-Wan's lightsaber handle should be colored 315 Silver Metallic (BL's Flat Silver and Pearl Light Gray in post-2010 sets) or 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered (BL's Metallic Silver) rather than 131 Silver (BL's Pearl Light Gray in most pre-2010 sets). I'm guessing it's 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered because that's the one in official pictures and Bricklink inventories for all summer 2011 sets.
  • The new Watto's blue parts should be colored 135 Sand Blue rather than 102 Medium Blue.
  • Your model is missing four Medium Stone Grey lightsaber blades (30374) that belong on the Dark Stone Grey clips on the front of Sebulba's engines.
  • Your model is missing four Warm Gold 6M bars (63965) that belong on the clips between Sebulba's engines (just like the four already on the outside of the engines.
  • The 1x1 round plate (6141) on the stand of Sebulba's podracer should be colored 297 Warm Gold rather than 21 Bright Red. I reckon you just forgot to use the paint bucket tool on this one.
  • Your model is missing two Dark Stone Grey 1x1 round bricks (3062)
  • The Dark Stone Grey Technic cables connecting the pods to the engines should all be the same length, but your guess is as good as mine what the correct length is.
  • Your model is missing four Bright Orange 1x4 tiles (2431). They belong on the "wings" of the engines; I can't come up with a clear way to describe where so just re-check the instructions to see where you omitted these parts from.

Great work on building this complex set so well even before a Bricklink inventory was uploaded! You did a fantastic job!

3223 - Little Fish

Year - 2003

Theme - Designer Sets

Model 1 - LXF File

Model 2 - LXF File

Model 2 - LXF File

Issues:

None

• First of all, you have both the second and third models listed as model 2 in your post. No big issue, but something you might want to edit.
  • The second model has a 2x6 plate (3795) where it should have two 2x3 plates (3021). This is the only building error