Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

8052 Technic Container Transport

Saw the B model in the Index but not the A Model, and as i bought the set a couple of days ago, i thought i'd give it a shot :)

8052 LXF

Missing pieces

Linear actuator, it is in LDD but doesn't line up, so i left it out.

The motor doesn't want to stay in place (not placed correctly and removed) so i removed it.

Decals are ofcourse missing.

Enjoy :)

Good job, but you used wrong gray color!

Edited by Superkalle
Removed quoted image

Hi, remember that images can't be quoted in this topic! :classic:

However the post of that set is irregular and has not been indexed still.

Thanks but it would be helpfull if you told me wich colour was wrong, the light or the dark gray and wich colour it should be so i can make the changes.

With both the model and the building guide next to me both looked allright.

But hey, i'm still new at this, you learn from you're mistakes :classic:

Hi, remember that images can't be quoted in this topic! :classic:

However the post of that set is irregular and has not been indexed still.

As with above, it would be most helpfull to know what is irregular so i can fix it :blush:

Edited by BasOne

6752 Creator Fire Rescue Engine

You should specify if the posted set is already in the index, according to topic rules.

There are also a couple of errors, most notably you used the wrong kind of grey. The correct ones are "Medium Stone Grey" and "Dark Stone Grey". I also noticed that the "Outer cable 144mm" is the wrong length (the correct length is not in LDD yet) and that the "Fric. element, cylinder" is present in your screenshot, but not in the LXF.

There are a few other differences when comparing this one to my LXF, but as I have found at least one error in mine I'll leave those be. default_classic.gif

Edit:

Hot tip: Use Superkalle's LDD Manager to import the brick list from Bricklink before you start building. It totally rocks!

Edited by Tore M

Thanks but it would be helpfull if you told me wich colour was wrong, the light or the dark gray and wich colour it should be so i can make the changes.

With both the model and the building guide next to me both looked allright.

But hey, i'm still new at this, you learn from you're mistakes :classic:

As with above, it would be most helpfull to know what is irregular so i can fix it :blush:

With grays, here's some rules to remember:

• Any light gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 2 Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • Any dark gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 27 Dark Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 199 Dark Stone Grey.
  • Any very light gray (sometimes called off-white) pieces prior to 2004 are color 103 Light Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 208 Light Stone Grey.

Needless to say, the years in which sets are released are very important to getting the colors right! If you want help with this, always have the Bricklink inventory of a set open in an internet window while you're building a set. Post-2004 colors on Bricklink are called "bluish gray" rather than "stone grey", but otherwise it basically corresponds to what I just listed (light gray=2 grey, dark gray=27 dark grey, and very light gray=103 light grey). An even better help can be using Superkalle's LDD Manager program, which has a convenient color chart with notes about which Bricklink color name is equivalent to which official LEGO color name.

Thanks for your availability! :classic:

You can read all rules of this topic in the first post!

You post is irregular because the preview image is too big (no more than 512x512 size allowed).

Besides, as Tore M specified above, you forgot to repost that the set is already in the index.

EDIT: I see now that your model is not the same already indexed. As there are two (or more) models, you should specify it your model is the "A" one (and LDDtechnician should have report his model was the "B" one :tongue: ).

If you inserted your set before the last index update, remember to clearly report the update.

Edited by Calabar

7306 - Golden Staff Guardians - Theme: Pharaoh's Quest

This is an LDD 4 model.

7306 Golden Staff Guardians

The set is complete except for theme-specific parts:

1) The Golden Staff, Khepesh swords and Scarab shields have been replaced with stock parts

2) The minifigure colors are correct, but without patterns

EDIT: I've fixed the colors, found the missing part, and embedded the image. Thanks everyone for the help and advice!

7306%20golden%20staff%20guardians.jpg

Peter

Edited by petero

Also, I could not find the 1x1 plate with hinge (which holds the motorcycle's tail light) in LDD, so I had to use a 1x2 plate instead. I'm probably just being blind, but I couldn't find it *huh*

The colors, particularly the tans, are what looks right on my monitor. I have no idea what the official LEGO shades are. Bricklink calls them "light tan" and "dark tan", but LDD uses completely different color names.

I don't know what the part is that you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure that all 1x1 clips can be found in the 'modified plates' menu.

You should use Peeron's colour conversion chart to change Bricklink names to LDD names. It's very helpful and you'll soon learn both names. Your golds should also be Pearl Gold which you can get by copying the colour of a glass in DesignByMe mode.

Edited by ADHO15

7306 - Golden Staff Guardians - Theme: Pharaoh's Quest

This is an LDD 4 model.

7306 Golden Staff Guardians

The set is complete except for theme-specific parts:

1) The Golden Staff, Khepesh swords and Scarab shields have been replaced with stock parts

2) The minifigure colors are correct, but without patterns

Also, I could not find the 1x1 plate with hinge (which holds the motorcycle's tail light) in LDD, so I had to use a 1x2 plate instead. I'm probably just being blind, but I couldn't find it *huh*

The colors, particularly the tans, are what looks right on my monitor. I have no idea what the official LEGO shades are. Bricklink calls them "light tan" and "dark tan", but LDD uses completely different color names.

Peter

LDD's color names are the official names and numbers that LEGO uses. Bricklink's color names are ones that AFOLs online have been using since before many official names were revealed. AFOL names can be inconsistent, but Bricklink's are probably the ones most people are familiar with.

• All tan parts should be changed from color 283 Light Nougat to color 5 Brick Yellow (in the brown category).
  • All dark tan parts should be changed from color 5 Brick Yellow to color 138 Sand Yellow (in the brown category).
  • All light gray parts should be changed from 208 Light Stone Grey to 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • All dark gray parts should be changed from 27 Dark Grey to 199 Dark Stone Grey.
  • All blue parts should be changed from 196 Dark Royal Blue to 23 Bright Blue.
  • All dark silver parts should be changed from 27 Dark Grey to 316 Titanium Metallic (in the Metallic White category).
  • All green parts should be changed from 37 Bright Green to 28 Dark Green.
  • All gold parts should be changed from 127 Gold to 297 Warm Gold. Warm Gold is not on the LEGO Universe palette. To get it, click View>New Themes>LEGO DesignByMe at the top of the screen, and create a gold goblet from the minifig accessories category. Then, click View>New Themes>LEGO Universe to switch back to LEGO Universe mode. Use the eyedropper tool on the goblet to select color 297, then use the paint bucket tool to recolor whatever you need in 297 Warm Gold.

For future reference, you can find a color chart listing LEGO color names and their Bricklink equivalents at http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors. Superkalle also has created a more complete list (as well as other tools) as part of his LDD Manager. After some practice you should be able to recall many color names from memory.

Thanks for your availability! :classic:

You can read all rules of this topic in the first post!

You post is irregular because the preview image is too big (no more than 512x512 size allowed).

Besides, as Tore M specified above, you forgot to repost that the set is already in the index.

EDIT: I see now that your model is not the same already indexed. As there are two (or more) models, you should specify it your model is the "A" one (and LDDtechnician should have report his model was the "B" one :tongue: ).

If you inserted your set before the last index update, remember to clearly report the update.

*huh*

Well...

Ehm

8052 Technic Container Transport

Saw the B model in the Index but not the A Model, and as i bought the set a couple of days ago, i thought i'd give it a shot :)

Missing pieces

Linear actuator, it is in LDD but doesn't line up, so i left it out.

The motor doesn't want to stay in place (not placed correctly and removed) so i removed it.

Decals are ofcourse missing.

Enjoy :)

I think i did state that it was a different model.

And i don't know when you last checked the pic size, but i allready fixed it.

I see where things went screwy.

You were commenting on 8052

Tore M was commenting on 6752

:grin:

Edited by BasOne

Oh yes I based my comments on Zblj quote! :laugh:

And I didn't noticed Tore M was referring to another post... :grin:

When I noticed that your 8052 was different from LDDtechnician's 8052 I edited my post. I mean that the "model" of the set would be useful for me if written highlighted or next set's name! (so it is easier to notice it!)

With grays, here's some rules to remember:

• Any light gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 2 Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • Any dark gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 27 Dark Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 199 Dark Stone Grey.
  • Any very light gray (sometimes called off-white) pieces prior to 2004 are color 103 Light Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 208 Light Stone Grey.

Needless to say, the years in which sets are released are very important to getting the colors right! If you want help with this, always have the Bricklink inventory of a set open in an internet window while you're building a set. Post-2004 colors on Bricklink are called "bluish gray" rather than "stone grey", but otherwise it basically corresponds to what I just listed (light gray=2 grey, dark gray=27 dark grey, and very light gray=103 light grey). An even better help can be using Superkalle's LDD Manager program, which has a convenient color chart with notes about which Bricklink color name is equivalent to which official LEGO color name.

Thanks, i can work with that :tongue:

8052 Container Transport

And

6752 Fire Rescue Engine

Have had their LXF updated with the right gray colours.

Friction element cylinders were missing from the fire truck, are now present.

Removed the 'hoses' as they are the wrong lenght.

Edited by BasOne

LDD's color names are the official names and numbers that LEGO uses. Bricklink's color names are ones that AFOLs online have been using since before many official names were revealed. AFOL names can be inconsistent, but Bricklink's are probably the ones most people are familiar with.

Other than the ones you corrected, all the colors were perfect :laugh:

Thanks very much for your help! I've changed the colors and uploaded the new LXF file. The Peeron conversion list is exactly what I was looking for.

Peter

Just built all three versions of 5892 Sonic Boom from the Creator theme. Prateek built version one here, but I decided to build all three versions for my own entertainment.

Version one:

5892_sonic_boom_a.png

LXF File

Errors:

• As prateek observed, there is a collision error that prevents the light bricks from being placed as instructed, with the front of the light brick 54869 recessed partially into the engine piece 43121. The light bricks have been left to the side.
  • Additionally, although the stud on the transparent brick 3062 fits into the interior hole of the engine piece 43121, LDD will not recognize a connection at that point. This is an odd error, as brick 3062 normally does not have any problems connecting to a Technic hole (unlike many other bricks). Regardless of the reason for this error, the bricks have been placed appropriately using a scaffold, and "float" in the correct position.

Version two:

5892_sonic_boom_b.png

LXF File

No errors.

Version three:

5892_sonic_boom_c.png

LXF File

Again, no errors.

5866 - Rotor rescue - Creator

To Calabar: a "bonus" extra version of this set has been officially released by Lego and was posted by Toa_Of_Justice. It is indexed as "Version II". Just notice that what I'm posting as version II is something different.

Version I - LXF

5866_rotor_rescue.jpg

Version II - LXF

5866_rotor_rescue_2.jpg

Version III - LXF

5866_rotor_rescue_3.jpg

I couldn't notice any error.

Edited by marco9999

Set# 8273

Set name: Off-road Truck

Theme: Technic

Model: Primary

Errors: Gear 8 Tooth wouldn't fit in the lift arm, i put it on the side.

Hi. Can you please help pinpoint which lift arm it will not fit on.

Also, you used the wrong dark grey color. It should be the Dark Stone Grey :wink:

Hi. Can you please help pinpoint which lift arm it will not fit on.

Also, you used the wrong dark grey color. It should be the Dark Stone Grey :wink:

LXF with the right grey is now uploaded.

Upper lift arm beneath the black worm wheel.

UPDATED: 5988 - Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins - Theme: Adventurers (Desert)

I've made a major update to 5988, which is in post #3.

Added car, its figures and gear

Updated to LDD 4

Link to updated post

Peter

Upper lift arm beneath the black worm wheel.

OK, I see it. It's the same problem that Zbjl have remarked a couple of times with 6536 CROSS BLOCK.

6752 Creator Fire Rescue Engine A Model

B model allready indexed.

Sorry to be such a pest, but all three versions of 6752 have already been indexed. The fact that the index is sorted by date and not by set number might have fooled you, it took a while before I noticed as well. default_classic.gif

@Calabar:

There is a small error in the index, "- 6752 - Fire Rescue - by Tore M" should be "- 6752 - Fire Rescue [Vers III] - by Tore M"

Sorry to be such a pest, but all three versions of 6752 have already been indexed. The fact that the index is sorted by date and not by set number might have fooled you, it took a while before I noticed as well. default_classic.gif

@Calabar:

There is a small error in the index, "- 6752 - Fire Rescue - by Tore M" should be "- 6752 - Fire Rescue [Vers III] - by Tore M"

Dang, now i see :cry_sad:

Indexing by set number would be easier :laugh:

Had fun building it though, and that's the most important thing :wink:

Working on 8051 now..

Checking index again......

Pfew... not indexed :tongue:

Edited by BasOne

5934 Dino Explorer - Adventurers / Dino Island

5934.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Missing old hinge and windscreen.

Missing treads.

1x2 tile placed to the side because there's no connection for it in the middle of the car seats.