Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Cheers, guys !

Just discovered the import function by accident; will try the copy method also.

I've now added a bunch of modulars and a couple of trains to my layout ! Only problem is how slow LDD is running now - piece count went from about 7000 to about 14000 when I imported all the files, and now the programme is really plodding along.

My layout has a number of road baseplates; it doesn't seem to be possible to place vehicles on the roads. Anyone got any tips ?

Before I finish, just want to say "well done" to the folks who made LXF files for all these official models - great job ! I will have to try this myself.

Cheers,

Dr. D.

I've now added a bunch of modulars and a couple of trains to my layout ! Only problem is how slow LDD is running now - piece count went from about 7000 to about 14000 when I imported all the files, and now the programme is really plodding along.

Hi Dr. D,

I think 14,000 pieces is a lot for LDD to handle. My computer is slowing down at 4000 pieces! :grin: I don't think LDD is advisable for designing models with too much pieces.

- KDM

I have a question- should Pharaoh's Quest be added to the index? I would like to build a set from the theme, but I don't know if it will get removed... :sceptic:

The general rule of thumb is: If it has been released, you can build it. If you start on a new theme it's added to the index!

And now I turn into the Spongebob Theme, here are the two versions of the Krusty Krab:

3825 - Krusty Krab / Theme: Spongebob Squarepants (NEW) - LXF

3825_krusty_krab.png

Modifications:

1) Modified heads for Spongebob & Mr. Krabs. Imrpvised face print and no torso print for Squidward.

2) No applied stickers on designated parts.

---

3833 - Krusty Krab Adventures / Theme: Spongebob Squarepants (NEW) - LXF

3833_krusty_krab_adventures.png

Modifications:

1) Modified heads for Spongebob & Mr. Krabs. No face, torso, and leg prints for Patrick.

EDIT: Made necessary corrections based on Aanchir's recommendations

Edited by KielDaMan

8259 Technic Mini Bulldozer

Didn't see it in the index so i thought i'd built it.

8259_mini_bulldozer.png

Bulldozer LXF

8259_mini_bulldozer_3.png

I couldn't get the tracks right on the excavator and the little cog didn't fit.

Excavator LXF

Enjoy :)

Edited by BasOne

5541 Blue Fury (aka 10151 Hot Rod) - Theme: Model Team - LXF file

5541-blue_fury-1.png

Errors:

Edited by Tore M

I just finished LDDTechnician's 8296 Dune Buggy. He did most of it. :tongue:

8296 Dune Buggy - Theme: Technic

lddscreenshot4.png

Download the LXF!

Issues with the file:

The Engine Blocks are missing and have been left out entirely, and part 2853 has been replaced with both 41677 and 32062 thanks to an error in the 2853 that doesn't allow an axle to be inserted completely.

Flex rods could not be bent and are simply resting straight.

As already reported, parts 32069 and 32068 do not register a connection with each other, however they can still be placed correctly. They are in their proper spot but the steering assembly is "loose", and doesn't connect to the rest of the model.

8259 Technic Mini Bulldozer

Didn't see it in the index so i thought i'd built it.

I couldn't get the tracks right on the excavator and the little cog didn't fit.

LXF

The models are good, but I think Calabar (indexer) finds it better to put the B-model in a seperate LXF file.

Edited by legolijntje

The models are good, but I think Calabar (indexer) finds it better to put the B-model in a seperate LXF file.

Thanks!

That's true: a single lxf file and a single thumbnail for each model.

Beside, the posted image is too big (no more than 512x512 allowed).

All the rules of the topic can be read in the first post of this thread. :classic:

Edited by Calabar

And now I turn into the Spongebob Theme, here are the two versions of the Krusty Krab:

3825 - Krusty Krab / Theme: Spongebob Squarepants (NEW) - LXF

Modifications:

1) Modified heads for Spongebob & Mr. Krabs. Imrpvised face print and no torso print for Squidward.

---

3833 - Krusty Krab Adventures / Theme: Spongebob Squarepants (NEW) - LXF

Modifications:

1) Modified heads for Spongebob & Mr. Krabs. No face, torso, and leg prints for Patrick.

Some errors you made:

• Squidward's head and arms should be 151 Sand Green rather than 29 Medium Green. Plankton should also be 151 Sand Green.
  • All tan parts should be 5 Brick Yellow, not 3 Light Yellow. Brick Yellow can be found under the Brown category.
  • All light gray parts should be 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 208 Light Stone Grey.
  • Patrick should be color 283 Light Nougat, not 100 Light Red. Light Nougat can be found under the Yellow category.
  • Patrick's waist should be 28 Dark Green.
  • The gold cup should be 297 Warm Gold, not 180 Curry. 297 is not on the LEGO Universe palette. To get it, click View>New Themes>DesignByMe to switch to DesignByMe mode, and grab a goblet from the minifig accessories category. If you ever need a part other than the goblet in this color, just go back to LEGO Universe mode (View>New Themes>LEGO Universe) and use the eyedropper tool to select the color.

Thanks!

That's true: a single lxf file and a single thumbnail for each model.

Beside, the posted image is too big (no more than 512x512 allowed).

All the rules of the topic can be read in the first post of this thread. :classic:

My bad, i allready cropped the pic by 50% thought it would be enough :)

Will edit my previous post :)

Edit: Editted

Edited by BasOne

5540 Formula 1 Racer - Theme: Model Team - LXF file

5540-formula_1_racer-1.png

Errors:

Have you tried with real LEGO to see if it will fit well, or it if is a "illegal" building technique?

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of my real bricks here at the moment and can't check it. default_sceptic.gif

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of my real bricks here at the moment and can't check it. default_sceptic.gif

No problem. I'll see if I can check it, unless someone else beats me to it.

EDIT: Well, just tried it and it seems its an illegal build. When put together, the bricks are under stress and it's not possible to fully seat them. So I guess we have a case of a technique that was allowed back then, but not anymore.

8052 Technic Container Transport A Model

Saw the B model in the Index but not the A Model, and as i bought the set a couple of days ago, i thought i'd give it a shot :)

8052_container_transport.png

8052 LXF

Missing pieces

Linear actuator, it is in LDD but doesn't line up, so i left it out.

The motor doesn't want to stay in place (not placed correctly and removed) so i removed it.

Decals are ofcourse missing.

Edited by BasOne

Excellent build!

PS: The wheel is actually there, but it's under the Technics section (the icon with the pin). But I agree - they sure hid it away.

By golly you're right :P

Updated the LXF ^_^

And thanks :)

Edited by BasOne

5935 Island Hopper - Adventurers / Dino Island

7935.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Old hinges replaced with new hinges.

Boat plates replaced with stud notched equivalents.

Technic pins placed to the side due to unsupported/illegal connection.

5925 Pontoon Plane - Adventurers / Jungle

5925.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Some parts replaced with stud notched equivalents.

More are on the way but posting is a little tedious so sorry for the lazy notes.

Edited by Jaymercury

6887 - Allied Avenger - Theme: Space, Blacktron II

6887-allied-avenger.jpg

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- 4475 Wedge, Plate 8 x 8 with 4 x 4 Cutout replaced bya custom construction. See .lxf file for details.

- 4730 Brick, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin and No Axle Hole replaced by 6232 Brick, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin and Axle Hole.

- 2418a Windscreen 6 x 6 Octagonal Canopy without Axle hole replaced by 2418b Windscreen 6 x 6 Octagonal Canopy with Axle hole.

- 4859 Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 without Stud Notches replaced by 48183 Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 with Stud Notches.

1887 - Scout Patrol Ship - Theme: Space, Blacktron II

1887-scout-patrol-ship.jpg

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- 4504 Hinge Plate 1 x 6 with 2 and 3 Fingers On Ends replaced by a custom construction. See .lxf file for details.

- 6069 Wedge 4 x 4 Triple without Stud Notches replaced by 48933 Wedge 4 x 4 Triple with Stud Notches

1462 - Galactic Scout - Theme: Space,Blacktron II

1462-galactic-scout.jpg

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- 2433 Hinge Bar with 3 Fingers and End Stud (Control Lever) is not available in LDD and has no modern day equivalent, so just hinted at it with the 30561 Hinge Cylinder 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers and Axle Hole On Ends.

- There should be a 2412a Tile, Modified 1 x 2 Grille without Bottom Groove / Lip placed on the two 2433 Hinge bars, but I couldn't find a way to place it, so I left it out.

- In all three models the old hinges were replaced by the new hinges.

- And as usual, no decorations/printings.

And this, together with C3POwens contributions, completes the Blacktron II line. I hope you like it.

I've updated] my "6066 Camouflaged Outpost".

LINK: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&view=findpost&p=858752

The image size has been reduced to be under the maximum 512x512px size. All brick color issues should be corrected now. (I am now educated on how to translate color names between bricklink and LDD/Lego.) I've also simplified some of the error notes in my original post: I no longer point out which pieces are available in LU mode, since I think that's kind of unnecessary considering half the parts aren't available for purchasing anyway.

This can be considered as updated to LDD 4.0 as well.

Special thanks to Aanchir and Calabar for being patient and schooling me on this stuff. I have a couple other sets to update as well...

And last but not least, my final update:

LINK: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&view=findpost&p=838259

"6239 Cannon Battle"

This was the first one I ever did, so almost everything was wrong. I changed a lot of colors mainly. I also stacked the wall (has no studs in one part) now that I know how to stack and then swap out a brick with a SNOT piece.

One interesting thing I ran into is that color 297 Warm Gold doesn't seem to be in LDD 4.0. Has anyone else ran into that? I ended up using 127 Gold instead.

Edited by Zeya