Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

@Tore - Outstanding job on that Technics model! And well document issues - just the way we like it :classic:

Regarding the angle pieces in the cab that doesn't fit, I'm wondering if it really is a LDD error. I simplified the geometry a bit and got this. Wouldn't it be possible to rotate the lowest joint element a few degrees in your model and get it to work?

This is a fresh build of any already-posted Star Wars model 773962[/snapback], which had some colour errors (according to the entry in BrickLink) and was missing the Talz Chieftain head piece.

8085 Freeco Speeder

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

8085_freeco_speeder.png

LXF file

Notes (updated):

- Colours are all correct.

- Cockpit will not close all the way, due to a collision error. Thanks to @ADHO15 for clarifying.

- Talz Chieftain head will not fit onto the body, regardless of arm position.

- Missing correct minifig prints and stickers.

Edited by C3POwen

This is a fresh build of any already-posted Star Wars model 773962[/snapback], which had some colour errors (according to the entry in BrickLink) and was missing the Talz Chieftain head piece.

Notes:

- Colours are all correct.

- Cockpit will not close all the way, due to a collision error.

- Talz Chieftain head will not fit onto the body, regardless of arm position.

- Missing correct minifig prints and stickers.

Question: Is the hood supposed to lower any more? I'm asking since there seems to be a stop where I've circled with blue.

EDIT: To Calabar, image will removed shortly.

And...deleted

Question: Is the hood supposed to lower any more? I'm asking since there seems to be a stop where I've circled with blue.

No, it isn't. I have the set and it's meant to be on an angle like that.

You'll be annoying Calabar with all these pics. :tongue:

That's what I initially wondered, but looking at images of the physical model here, it would certainly seem to, as the cockpit touches the two 1x2 plates with shaft (60478). Perhaps it's just where the real model is a little more "flexible" in that they may have pushed the cockpit lower than it should be able to go, at the same time loosening the connection between some of the plates?

UPDATE: Thanks to ADHO15 for clarifying!

Edited by C3POwen

This was another favourite one from my childhood (which may be aging me a bit).

6876 Alienator

Space/Blacktron

6876_alienator.png

LXF file

Notes:

- LDD is missing Hinge Tile 1 x 2 1/2 with 2 Fingers on Top and Hinge Bar with 3 Fingers and End Stud, both of which have been substituted.

- The minifig torso print has been substituted.

Edited by C3POwen

Great job with this one! Nice use of custom bricks too. You forgot to put axle 3M and bush on outrigger levers ends and i think there is eomthing missing by the worm to 8 tooth gear tranmission on far top.. Other than that all I can say is AWESOME!

Thank you for the kind words!

Oops, the 3M axles and bushes will be fixed in a moment. The missing something might be one of the White Technic, Gear 24 Tooth Clutch mentioned above?

@Tore - Outstanding job on that Technics model! And well document issues - just the way we like it :classic:

Regarding the angle pieces in the cab that doesn't fit, I'm wondering if it really is a LDD error. I simplified the geometry a bit and got this. Wouldn't it be possible to rotate the lowest joint element a few degrees in your model and get it to work?

Thank you too, it is appreciated default_classic.gif

If I understood you correctly about the angle pieces, I do not think that is possible. It is really like this - notice the second cross block which means they can't be rotated. That is how close I get if I use a 3M axle instead of a 4M. Using a 4M it ends up like this.

One to add alongside @Plastemaurer's work:

6878 Sub Orbital Guardian

Space/Blacktron II

6878_sub_orbital_guardian.png

LXF file

Notes:

- LDD is missing the old-style hinges, so they have all been replaced with the new style.

- UPDATED Due to the use of the new-style hinges, parts 4345/4346 (a white mailbox with a black printed door) were unable to be placed in the model correctly (see instructions step 12), so a black 2x3 plate has been inserted in between to provide enough spacing. Thanks to @Plastemaurer for the suggestion - a much tidier solution, I think.

- LDD is missing both Wedge, Plate 8 x 4 Wing Left and Wedge, Plate 8 x 4 Wing Right, so have been replaced with parts 50305 and 50304. This has affected the placement of the 1x1 round plates on the feet, which are now two studs farther back.

- The minifig torso print is missing and the print on the 1x2 flat tile (that should go inside the mailbox) has been substituted.

Edited by C3POwen

If I understood you correctly about the angle pieces, I do not think that is possible. It is really like this - notice the second cross block which means they can't be rotated. That is how close I get if I use a 3M axle instead of a 4M. Using a 4M it ends up like this.

Aha, I see. But then I wonder if there really is an error in LDD, or if it's the cab cage that gets slightly bent when you put it together with physical bricks that allow the elements to fit.

Interesting case. You can see a small fragment of a milimeter difference (circled in blue), causing it not to close. I wonder if this building technique in system or not?

I partially built the module in real bricks and it works perfectly. The roof opens and closes without any problems.

I also experimented a bit in LDD:

If I remove the part 2540 plate 1x2 w. stick, I can close the roof as intended. After reattaching the part 2540, the roof can not be turned in any way, opening is not possible. The same goes if 2540 is replaced by any other plate, no movement possible. Maybe a bug?

- Due to the use of the new-style hinges, parts 4345/4346 (a white mailbox with a black printed door) were unable to be placed in the model correctly, so have been substituted (see instructions step 12). The intended pieces have been placed behind the model.

You could also just place a 2x3 plate between 44570 roof and 4345 mailbox and 4864 wallelement.

Aha, I see. But then I wonder if there really is an error in LDD, or if it's the cab cage that gets slightly bent when you put it together with physical bricks that allow the elements to fit.

Not a lot of bending required: Physical bricks (pin removed to show alignment). That slight misalignment felt like it was just bricks flexing a bit.

Not a lot of bending required: Physical bricks (pin removed to show alignment). That slight misalignment felt like it was just bricks flexing a bit.

So what is your conclusion? Is there some error in the bricks in LDD, and if so where? I can't figure this one out.

So what is your conclusion? Is there some error in the bricks in LDD, and if so where? I can't figure this one out.

I'm not sure... The only thing I have noticed is that this gap seems smaller in real life than in LDD. Moving the Axle 5.5 With Stop down to let the connector rest on the beam is however not enough to make things fit.

Another Blacktron II model to add:

1479 2-Pilot Craft

Space/Blacktron II

1479_2-pilot_craft.png

LXF file

Notes:

- LDD is missing the old-style hinges, so have had to substitute Black Hinge Bar with 3 Fingers and End Stud and Black Hinge Tile 1 x 2 1/2 with 2 Fingers on Top.

- Missing minifig torso prints.

You could also just place a 2x3 plate between 44570 roof and 4345 mailbox and 4864 wallelement.

Have updated the model with your suggestion!

Edited by C3POwen

Two more from the Batman theme:

7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit

LXF File

the_batman_dragster.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 51377 with 30285

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

7780 The Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc

LXF File

the_batboat.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts bb137 and bb138

Replaced parts 2989 with 3701, 2991b with brick-built solution, bb192 with 95199 and bb203 with brick-built solution

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Edited by ADHO15

6981 - Aerial Intruder - Theme: Space, Blacktron II

6981-aerial-intruder.jpg

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- 4276 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 2 Fingers replaced by 44301 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End.

- 4275 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 3 Fingers replaced by 44302 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End.

- 4531 Hinge Tile 1 x 2 1/2 with 2 Fingers on Top replaced by 44300 Hinge Tile 1 x 3 Locking with 1 Finger on Top.

- 2418a Windscreen 6 x 6 Octagonal Canopy without Axle hole replaced by 2418b Windscreen 6 x 6 Octagonal Canopy with Axle hole.

- 4859 Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 without Stud Notches replaced by 48183 Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 with Stud Notches.

- 3933 Wedge, Plate 8 x 4 Wing Left replaced by 50305 Wedge, Plate 8 x 3 Left.

- 3934 Wedge, Plate 8 x 4 Wing Right replaced by 50304 Wedge, Plate 8 x 3 Right.

- 3936 Wedge, Plate 4 x 4 Wing Left and 3935 Wedge, Plate 4 x 4 Wing Right replaced by a combination of 2450 Wedge, Plate 3 x 3 Cut Corner and 3623 Plate 1 x 3 each.

- The Jetpack does not fit in the storage compartment in the back as intended.

- Something about the boundaries of the big 10x6x11 Panel causes the ship to float above the grid when it is closed.

- As usual, no decorations/prints.

7409 Secret of the tomb - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7409.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

7410 Jungle River - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7410.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

7411 Tygurah's Roar - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7411.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Missing 2 Earth Orange Creature Arm with Pin.

Missing 1 Earth Orange Creature Head and Torso - Tiger with Tygurah Pattern.

Missing 1 Earth Orange Creature Hips and Legs.

Missing 1 White Brick, Modified 1 x 4 x 2 Center Stud Top with Orient Arches, Minifigs Pattern. Skull that would be on top is moved to the side.

7412 Yeti's Hideout - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7412.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Missing 2 White Creature Arm with Pin.

Missing 1 White Creature Head and Torso - Yeti.

Missing 1 White Creature Hips and Legs.

Missing 1 String with End Studs 11L Overall.

7413 Passage of Jun-Chi - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7413.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Missing 2 Black Creature Arm with Pin.

Missing 1 Black Creature Hips and Legs.

Missing 1 Red Creature Head and Torso - Lion-Dog with Jun-Chi Pattern.

7414 Elephant Caravan - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7414.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Missing 1 White Cloth Rectangle 6 x 12 with 2 x 2 cutout, holes at corners, Green / Yellow / Red Elephant Saddle Pattern.

Missing 1 Dark Gray Elephant Head with Pin.

7415 Aero Nomad - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7415.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

Missing 4 Yellow Rubber Band Medium (Square Cross Section).

Missing 1 White String with End Studs 11L Overall.

Missing 1 Dark Gray Rubber Band / Belt Holder 2 x 4 x 2 1/3.

7420 Thunder Blazer - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7420.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

7422 Red Eagle - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7422.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

7423 Mountain Sleigh - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7423.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

7424 Black Cruiser - Adventurers / Orient Expedition

7424.png

LXF

Missing decorations.

I have done 7416 Emperor's Ship and 7417 Temple of Mount Everest but i'm not happy with their piece counts/missing pieces so maybe i'll sort it out later and post them some other time.

7213 - Off-Road Truck & Fireboat / Theme: CITY (NEW) - LXF

7213.png

Modifications:

1) 30395 towball hook cannot be attached to the 30396 towball socket.

2) No applied stickers on designated parts.

Edited by KielDaMan

6988 - Alpha Centaury Outpost - Theme: Space, Blacktron II

6988-alpha-centaury-outpost.jpg

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- 2552px2 Baseplate, Raised 32 x 32 with Ramp and Pit, Crater Pattern replaced by custom construction. Get it here.

- 6099p02 Baseplate, Road 32 x 32 9-Stud Landing Pad with Green Octagon Pattern replaced by custom construction. Get it here.

- 4784 Stairs 4 x 7 x 9 1/3 Straight Enclosed replaced by custom construction. Get it here.

- 2681 Support 6 x 6 x 10 Stanchion replaced by custom construction. Get it here.

- 4760c01 Electric 9V Battery Box Small Complete Assembly replaced by simple brick construction. See .lxf file for details.

-5306b Electric, Wire with Brick 2 x 2 x 2/3 Pair (Undetermined Length) replaced by simple brick construction. See .lxf file for details.

- 4771 Electric, Light Brick 1 x 4 with Twin Top Lights replaced by simple brick construction. See .lxf file for details.

- 2500c01 Electric, Light Brick 1 x 8 with 3 Front Light Prisms replaced by standard 3008 Brick 1 x 8.

- 3933 Wedge, Plate 8 x 4 Wing Left replaced by 50305 Wedge, Plate 8 x 3 Left.

- 3934 Wedge, Plate 8 x 4 Wing Right replaced by 50304 Wedge, Plate 8 x 3 Right.

- 4276 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 2 Fingers replaced by 44301 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End.

- 4275 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 3 Fingers replaced by 44302 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End.

- 4531 Hinge Tile 1 x 2 1/2 with 2 Fingers on Top replaced by 44300 Hinge Tile 1 x 3 Locking with 1 Finger on Top.

- 2452 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 3 Fingers On Side replaced by 60471 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers on Side.

- 4315 Hinge Vehicle Roof Holder 1 x 4 replaced by 44568 Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Locking Dual 1 Finger.

- 4213 Hinge Vehicle Roof 4 x 4 replaced by 44570 Hinge Plate 3 x 4 Locking Dual 2 Finger.

- 2418a Windscreen 6 x 6 Octagonal Canopy without Axle hole replaced by 2418b Windscreen 6 x 6 Octagonal Canopy with Axle hole.

- 4859 Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 without Stud Notches replaced by 48183 Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 with Stud Notches.

- 73590c01a Hose, Flexible 8.5L with Tabless Ends (Ends same color as Tube) is not available in LDD. Not replaced. Found it.

- 4773 Electric, Light Bulb Cover (Colored Globe) is not available in LDD. Not replaced.

- The extra tiles are Tile 1 x 2 with Red and Yellow Controls Pattern. One belongs into the storage compartment of the ship and the other into that of the base.

- As always, no decorations/printings.

Edited by Plastemaurer

8128 Cad Bane's Speeder

LXF File

-I substituted the guns with the hose handle things; rifles are the same piece with a lightsaber handle on the end.

-I replaced Cad's hat and breathing thing with a Fedora and Diver's tank.

-I replaced this with my own special contraption.

-I used different prints.

Well now LDD 4 universe mode has those blaster rifles and such as well as cad's hat I beveive!

Well now LDD 4 universe mode has those blaster rifles and such as well as cad's hat I beveive!

Please shadowreaperx - what is the purpose of this post? Please remember this is a site for AFOLs (adults fans of LEGO), so your post has to be up to level.

Despite having been on Eurobricks for a while now, this is the first time I found this amazing resource - great work, guys !

One question (for now) - I have an existing ixf file for one of my own creations, a large city layout. In 'real life' I will be adding a number of official sets to my layout. I'd love to add them to my LDD layout too for planning purposes. Is it possible to merge the LDD files on these pages into a pre-existing file ?

Thanks !

Dr. D.

Despite having been on Eurobricks for a while now, this is the first time I found this amazing resource - great work, guys !

One question (for now) - I have an existing ixf file for one of my own creations, a large city layout. In 'real life' I will be adding a number of official sets to my layout. I'd love to add them to my LDD layout too for planning purposes. Is it possible to merge the LDD files on these pages into a pre-existing file ?

Thanks !

Dr. D.

Hi Doc

Glad you found these pages useful!

Sure, adding any model to your existing city layout is easy. Just open a LXF of your choice, select the entire model in it, Copy, Open your city plan. Paste.

Two sets from the early Castle Theme:

383 - Knight's tournament - Castle

383_knights_tournament.jpg

LXF

Errors:

Printed parts have been left blank

Original flags and helmets' visors are missing; replaced with modern parts.

677 - Knight's procession - Castle

677_knights_procession.png

LXF

Errors:

Printed parts have been left blank

Old-type wheels have been replaced with modern ones.

Shields have been painted blue as it is the main colour in the printing.

Hi Doc

Glad you found these pages useful!

Sure, adding any model to your existing city layout is easy. Just open a LXF of your choice, select the entire model in it, Copy, Open your city plan. Paste.

You can also import another lxf in the file menu.