Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

4837 - Mini trains - Models 1,2,3 - Creator

Model1 Model2 Model3

No errors.

The models can be nicely combined to create a romantic old-style train. You would never do that with real bricks if you had to buy three or more times the same set!

Bye

I notice that there are a couple errors, but ones you probably didn't notice. All of your green pieces are the wrong color. The pieces other than the cheese wedges are colored 37 Bright Green when they should be colored standard green (official name and number is 28 Dark Green). The cheese wedges are also the wrong color-- they are 28 Dark Green when they should be 141 Earth Green (the color AFOLs call Dark Green). To fix this color problem, just use the eyedropper tool on the cheese wedges and then paint all of the other green parts that color. Then, paint the cheese wedges the next shade darker (way darker than either Dark Green or Bright Green).

Another error is that all the windows use the wrong piece. You may notice that when you open up the "basic bricks" category, there are two 1x2 bricks. Hover the mouse over them, and one is labeled just "Brick 1x2" while the other is "Brick 1x2 Without Pin". Brick 1x2 Without Pin is the one which is invariably used for transparent parts (at least, in this day and age-- very, very old sets sometimes used the regular Brick 1x2), but you used the regular Brick 1x2 in your trains. You seem to have done the same thing in set 6745 Propellor Power.

These are just the errors I could observe from the pictures (and confirm by viewing the actual LXF files). Perhaps Superkalle will be willing to check the other sets for errors (in the meantime, you should recheck them yourself and try and catch any similar errors to the ones I pointed out), but right now I'm busy posting two models I built myself this morning:

I now present versions two and three of 5891 Apple Tree House from the Creator theme. Version one was built by Johnnhiszippy3 here.

Version two:

5891_apple_tree_house_b.png

LXF File

No errors.

Version three:

5891_apple_tree_house_c.png

LXF File

No errors.

If anyone spots any mistakes I made, please point them out so I can fix them!

Here's my Shell promotional sets!

shellcarwashcopy.jpg

1255 Shell Car Wash

Errors: Hoses can't currently be manipulated and no decals.

shellf1racercopy.jpg

1253 Shell Formula Racer

Errors: 2 rear flaps can't be connected to rear of trailer base element, no decals.

shellgaspumpscopy.jpg

1256 Shell Gas Pumps

Errors: No 4x3 slope with wheel arches on LDD, no included decals, fuel nozzles have no strings attached.

shellselectcopy.jpg

1254 Shell Select Store

Errors: No decals.

shelltankercopy.jpg

1252 Shell Tanker

Errors: The trailer stand is 2 bricks lower, no decals.

Download Files!

Edited by BrickWild

6239 - Cannon Battle - Theme: Pirates

This is my first (re)creation in LDD. I haven't yet figured out how to stack the pieces of the little wall; I'm not sure if LDD will let you do that. (There aren't any studs between the pieces, so that the wall falls over when a cannon ball hits the wall, when playing.) Please PM me if you have suggestions or corrections.

Hi Zeya

Im not sure if this is your problem, but here it goes: To put bricks on flat tiles you build some support and then delete it when the brick is in place. In this set you but a 1x6 plate on the two round 1x1 plates connecting them and then place your 1x4 brick UNDER that and then delete the 1x6 plate.

Hope that helps you.

LDDTechnician

I notice that there are a couple errors, but ones you probably didn't notice. All of your green pieces are the wrong color. The pieces other than the cheese wedges are colored 37 Bright Green when they should be colored standard green (official name and number is 28 Dark Green). The cheese wedges are also the wrong color-- they are 28 Dark Green when they should be 141 Earth Green (the color AFOLs call Dark Green). To fix this color problem, just use the eyedropper tool on the cheese wedges and then paint all of the other green parts that color. Then, paint the cheese wedges the next shade darker (way darker than either Dark Green or Bright Green).

Another error is that all the windows use the wrong piece. You may notice that when you open up the "basic bricks" category, there are two 1x2 bricks. Hover the mouse over them, and one is labeled just "Brick 1x2" while the other is "Brick 1x2 Without Pin". Brick 1x2 Without Pin is the one which is invariably used for transparent parts (at least, in this day and age-- very, very old sets sometimes used the regular Brick 1x2), but you used the regular Brick 1x2 in your trains. You seem to have done the same thing in set 6745 Propellor Power.

I have already fixed the problem with the transparent bricks in both sets 4837 and 6745 and will post the updated files ASAP. I really did not notice that.

Sets 606 and 608 (year 1979) used transparent bricks with pins.

As regards the green tone, I checked Peeron.com and it actually reports standard green for 4837, which should be, if I am right, the one used for the most common baseplates. But that was not the color I found in the box when I bought that set. I noticed very well that color because it is unique in my collection; it should be 10-Light-Green (in Ldraw palette) and it is the same colour shown in the instruction pictures. That was why I chose a lighter tone.

Anyway I want to keep my models as more official as I can; I am making some more investigations on the net and if I find that standard green is the official colour for that set I am going to change.

Cheese wedges are earth green as you say, no doubt about that.

It would be nice to discover I possess a rare piece. Is there anybody other possessing it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by marco9999

So you figured it out too :tongue:

But it should be spelled like this: fragilisticexpialidocious

:grin:

Oh, hey it looks like I have one too :tongue:

Edited by prateek

1254 Shell Select Store

Errors: None to mention!

You sure someone hasn't made this before?

1254 - Shell Convenience Store

Edited by Professor Flitwick

You sure someone hasn't made this before?

It is not forbidden to make a set that another user has already done.

Thanks for reporting that, it helps me to create the index! :wink:

PS: could you delete images from quotes? :vader:

UPDATE 11/1/2010: Updated to LDD 4.

I completed several new models today. Apologies to JunkstyleGio for having duplicated some of his models, for varying reasons (I'll explain further below). My versions can be listed separately. All of these models were built using Creator mode of LEGO Digital Designer

First, I built versions one, two, and three of 4939 Cool Cars from the Creator theme. JunkstyleGio had already built model one, and I honestly was careless and failed to notice his version in the index (even after doing a Ctrl+F for the set number-- turns out it did come up as a result, but I wasn't looking carefully enough). Even so, I was able to correct some trivial errors like mis-alignment of clip-and-bar hinges (using the template I posted here, or rather a variation thereof).

Version one:

4939_cool_cars_a.png

LXF File

Version two:

4939_cool_cars_b.png

LXF File

Version three:

4939_cool_cars_c.png

LXF File

Next, I did models one, two, and three of 4953 Fast Flyers from the Creator theme. Again, JunkstyleGio had made model one, but had made a few minor mistakes that kept it from being completed (as well as a few that just frustrated my overly-strict self-judgment when trying to correct the more major ones-- for instance, hinges that weren't centered due to that one frustrating bug in LDD). Thus I rebuilt the model from scratch.

Version one:

4953_fast_flyers_a.png

LXF File

Additionally, there are many parts that would have been considered illegal connections. Just as JunkstyleGio apparently did, I was somehow able to overcome this so that all parts are connected-- there is a minute gap between certain parts where the studs and anti-studs aren't pressed together totally firmly, but this is the same thing that would happen if one were to build the set in real life (without putting parts in compression). Do not ask me how I did this, because I couldn't tell you and would be hard-pressed to create an effective template to use in more than one situation. Suffice it to say that through some haphazard trial-and-error I was able to get the whole model assembled even where parts were not "in system".

Version two:

4953_fast_flyers_b.png

LXF File

I had to make clever use of the hinge align tool for this one. It's one of the few occasions where I could actually count on the hinge align tool doing what I wanted to do, but couldn't easily do the same thing with the regular hinge tool.

Version three:

4953_fast_flyers_c.png

LXF File

Edited by Aanchir

Updated to LDD 4

Just got a couple this time, two of the smaller Rock Raiders sets. I have all the rest done as well but I'm holding out for LDD4 to see if I can get out of using custom pieces on some of them. Until then, however...

4920 Rapid Rider - Theme: Rock Raiders

Works with LDD4

lddscreenshot13.png

Download the LXF!

4910 Hover Scout - Theme: Rock Raiders

Works with LDD4

lddscreenshot14.png

Download the LXF!

Absolutely no errors or part substitutes here minus the missing/replaced decals. :classic:

Edited by Daedalus304

UPDATE 10/31/2010: Updated to LDD 4. All errors eliminated with the advent of LDD 4.0. Images and LXF files have been updated accordingly.

Over the past few days I built 4993 Cool Convertible-- another Creator set.

Version one:

4993_cool_convertible_a.png

LXF File

Version two:

4993_cool_convertible_b.png

LXF File

Version three:

4993_cool_convertible_c.png

LXF file

The errors I had listed before no longer pose a problem in LDD 4.0. Other than that, everything worked correctly. I was impressed with how well LEGO adhered to legal connections for these three models despite frequent use of System and Technic parts in conjunction with one another.

Edited by Aanchir

Seeing as I made 4840 The Burrow, here's the alternate model:

4840 The Burrow (Vers2) - Harry Potter Cottage

LXF File

harry_potter_cottage.jpg

Replaced parts 87621pb01 with 92586 and bb475pb03 with 40232

Window (part 30046) cannot be attached to door (part 64390)

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Updated to LDD 4

Thank you, Aanchir, for the instructions.

Edited by ADHO15

Few days ago I posted the main Model of the set 6747 Race Riders; here are the alternative models:

6747 - Race Riders Model 2 - Creator

6747_race_riders_2.jpg

LXF

Apparently no errors.

6747 - Race Riders Model 3 - Creator

The missing part ("front fork") is now available in LDD4 and the model has been fixed

6747_race_riders_3.jpg

LXF

Errors:

Like in the main model, the missing part "Technic motorcycle pivot" has had to be customized; this time there was no impact on other parts.

My favourite:

10021 - USS Constellation - Model or Vintage

10021_uss_constellation.jpg

LXF

Errors:

Many differences due to unavailability of old parts and to original model's connections which do not work in LDD or are now considered illegal.

- The sails have been connected to the masts by using hinge elements, whilst in the original model they were connected to fences' lattice.

- The cannons have been connected by using angular bricks; originally they were held by plates vertically assembled through studs.

- Most objects on the deck (ship wheel, winch, etc.) have been redesigned because LDD misses some old Technic parts.

- The three inclined yards have been connected by adding hinge elements, that is why their overall dimension is one stud longer than the original.

- Stickers and ropes are missing.

I will appreciate very much any suggestion helping to improve this model.

Edited by marco9999

@ Aanchir:

Apologies to JunkstyleGio for having duplicated some of his models

No apologies needed...

If someone can take out the errors i made; that's even better!

Here's a new set, put together using LDD4. Just had to give it a try!

6455 Space Simulation Station - Theme: Space Port

As a title note, this set may have had a different name outside the USA. If anyone has more information regarding that let me know and I can edit it into my post alongside this one.

lddscreen.png

Download the LXF!

Only a few minor notes here. The gold colour is wrong I'm almost certain, however I don't think the correct gold is there. In the G-Force trainer, there is supposed to be a 6-Long Axle running vertically for stability, however it would not fit into the center stud of the top of the stack so it has been tastefully left behind the building. There are some missing prints, and some have been substituted. The face of the manager, the pressure gauge, and the yellow stripes are all correct however.

Also, the piece on the top of the building holding the golden "Insect Eye" radar bubble is new to LDD4 to the best of my knowledge, so chances are it will be removed in LDD3. Any why wouldn't you have 4 yet? :tongue:

Edited by Daedalus304

To finish off The Empire Strikes Back, here's a model I was sure I'd already made. :sceptic:

20018 MINI AT-AT (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_atat_walker.png

NO ERRORS

Edited by ADHO15

OK, so we got LDD 4 now. What do you all say, should we check all our models? Most of the brick issues seemed fixed, and there's more bricks now also.

I guess the best way would be to just update the original post, rather then re-posting. Maybe we can edit in a large "Upgraded to 4.0" or something so that you know a model is "4.0 compatiable"?

OK, so we got LDD 4 now. What do you all say, should we check all our models? Most of the brick issues seemed fixed, and there's more bricks now also.

I guess the best way would be to just update the original post, rather then re-posting. Maybe we can edit in a large "Upgraded to 4.0" or something so that you know a model is "4.0 compatiable"?

Good idea, Superkalle. Editing will prevent everything in this thread be reproduced a second time.

I'll edit mine when I've finished posting the rest of the SW sets, though it'll take a while!

Here's a model to test LDD 4.0. It came togther quite good, but there are some bugs, which forced me to trick LDD. I used 4L bars isntead of the bent tube.

Model: 8047 Compact excavator

Theme: technic

Year relased: 2010

lddscreenshot27.png

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Zblj

Here's a mdoel to test LDD 4.0. It came togther quite good, but there are some bugs, which forced me to trick LDD. I used 4L bars isntead of the bent tube.

Model: 8047 Compact excavator

Theme: technic

Year relased: 2010

DOWNLOAD

Wow, it just looks so good in LDD4 :wub:

And good job with faking the tubes :thumbup:

@ZBLJ:

Nice work on the 2011 model!

But untill the buildinginstruction on this model are available it will be considered as illegal for this thread... :tongue:

I went through the thread and updated my set posts. All sets that were correct already have been marked "Works with LDD4!" underneath their set name. The ones that have had changes made have been marked as "Upgraded to LDD 4!" in the same place. For a quick reference, the posts with upgraded sets can be found via these links:

4970 Chrome Crusher

Fix: Attached the chain

10175 UCS Vader's TIE Advanced

Fix: The guns and the technic box base of the cockpit were able to be moved into placed, fixed a new clipping error that appeared in LDD4 with the top hatch; and a couple more outlined in the post.

7128 Speeder Bikes

Fix: Gave them their proper helmets.

5936 Spider's Secret

Fix: Gave Senor` Palomar his proper hat.

That's it! I'll have quite a few new sets to post very soon after I put their finishing touches on and double check them.

@ZBLJ:

Nice work on the 2011 model!

But untill the buildinginstruction on this model are available it will be considered as illegal for this thread... :tongue:

Lets leave Superkalle to decide on this one.