Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Thanks for your detailed reply Aanchir. That's the way for quality discussions :classic:

About the flys feet, my mistake. They are there - sorry.

OK, Now I understand why you left the pincers out. I would still put them in though.

Regarding propeller circle, looking at the physical model once again, I do seem to detect a slight "ovality" (is that even a word?), so I guess we here have a case where you HAVE to make a slight oval in LDD to make it fit - a nice task for you :classic:

This is something I'll bring up with the LDD Team, since I know there has been talk in the future to lock the click-hinges to 22.5 degress so you can't free-rotate them like you can today. This model however shows that there must be a slight "give" in the joints, otherwise you won't be able to make this model (among others).

Thanks for your detailed reply Aanchir. That's the way for quality discussions :classic:

About the flys feet, my mistake. They are there - sorry.

OK, Now I understand why you left the pincers out. I would still put them in though.

Regarding propeller circle, looking at the physical model once again, I do seem to detect a slight "ovality" (is that even a word?), so I guess we here have a case where you HAVE to make a slight oval in LDD to make it fit - a nice task for you :classic:

This is something I'll bring up with the LDD Team, since I know there has been talk in the future to lock the click-hinges to 22.5 degress so you can't free-rotate them like you can today. This model however shows that there must be a slight "give" in the joints, otherwise you won't be able to make this model (among others).

Keep in mind, though, that as brilliant as Exo-Force sets are, they don't have a reputation for sticking to legal connections. Another set the same year, 8111 River Dragon, used an illegal connection to attach the gun to the hand (this is visible in steps 12 and 13 of the instructions). This sort of bending of the rules, along with the large number of obscure BIONICLE parts used in sets, makes Exo-Force sets tremendously difficult to complete on LDD, hence why this one is the first one I've gotten to near-completion.

Testing the model with connector pieces that do work, you are correct that there has to be a bit of an ovaloid shape for the model to work effectively. I don't think I'm up to the task of completing that, at least not to the degree that there would be an even give on all of the hinges. So I guess this one is going to be incomplete for now unless someone's up to the task of finishing it for me.

OK Aanchir - seems we cleared the ovality part out. Let's see if anyone picks up the token.

But I don't see the illagility in the step 12 and 13 you mention. The gray brick in step 12-1 is rotated 90 degrees when the gun goes into the hand. The gun is then placed on any of the anti-studs or pins on the back of the reverse sloped 1x2x3 brick. I don't have the set, but from the instructions I can't say that it's illegal.

A little WIP teaser. Do you know what it (hopefully)will be?

No! :cry_sad:

I've been working hard on that.

Damn it, I've been on it too... I'm on page 248... Now I definitely have to finish today... If only that damned program actually did what I ask him to do...

Damn it, I've been on it too... I'm on page 248... Now I definitely have to finish today... If only that damned program actually did what I ask him to do...

And the race continues :laugh:

A plea to you all - if you're almost done - please complete it all of you. It's going to be intresting to anaylse the three files for differences.

7570 Ostrich Race

lddscreenshot16.png

LXF File

- The 4L bars are off to the side because they don't go deep enough into the 1x1 cones without bumping into the 1x6 plate on the ostrich gate

- Prints are different

- Replaced Dastan's backpack with my own substitute

- Made brick-built Ostriches

That is all :classic:

Edited by prateek

7570 Ostrich Race

- The 4L bars are off to the side because they don't go deep enough into the 1x1 cones without bumping into the 1x6 plate on the ostrich gate

Thanks Prateek for that! I've been looking for a long time for a set that uses this technique (i.e. a bar positioned in the cavity of an anti-stud) so that I can show the LDD people that it is a relevant technique. And now I got it. Thanks!

BTW - I'm not sure if everyones knows about the anti-stud term. Anyway it's TLG lingo for....well, the hole where the stud goes - not to hard to figure out, but a nice term I think.

And to be completely true, TLG actually call it an anti-knob, I guess it feels more natural to them since a stud in Danish is called a "knobb".

And that concludes todays lesson :laugh:

OK Aanchir - seems we cleared the ovality part out. Let's see if anyone picks up the token.

But I don't see the illagility in the step 12 and 13 you mention. The gray brick in step 12-1 is rotated 90 degrees when the gun goes into the hand. The gun is then placed on any of the anti-studs or pins on the back of the reverse sloped 1x2x3 brick. I don't have the set, but from the instructions I can't say that it's illegal.

The illegality can be seen here. The 1x2 brick with bar cannot be placed on top of the hand holding a gun, since the slope brick used for the gun is attached by a technic brick. It's the same exact problem as is illustrated on pages 11 and 12 in this PDF you're so fond of linking to. :classic:

The illegality can be seen here. The 1x2 brick with bar cannot be placed on top of the hand holding a gun, since the slope brick used for the gun is attached by a technic brick. It's the same exact problem as is illustrated on pages 11 and 12 in this PDF you're so fond of linking to. :classic:

Ahaaaaaa - now I get it :blush:

You're absolutey right and I suck :laugh:

8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack

lddscreenshot16.png

LXF File

- Changed the helmets, guns, and prints (obviously)

- The skis can't fit on the bike

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

lddscreenshot16.png

LXF File

- Changed helmets, guns, and prints

Edited by prateek

@prateek

Two things:

- The link of set 8083 lxf file drive to an image.

- The lxf file of set 7570 looses the two 6x8 plates under the Ostrichs' cages.

@prateek

Two things:

- The link of set 8083 lxf file drive to an image.

- The lxf file of set 7570 looses the two 6x8 plates under the Ostrichs' cages.

Changed. :classic:

It seems that if you put any bars into the cones too deep, the bricks become improperly placed. :sceptic:

7110 Landspeeder (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

landspeeder.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

8092 Luke's Landspeeder (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

lukes_landspeeder2.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 75c21 and bb409

Incorrect/missing prints

4501 Mos Eisley Cantina (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

mos_eisley_cantina2.png

ERRORS:

Missing part 48431pb01

Replaced part 47396 with 44608

Incorrect/missing prints

Part 30191 cannot be flexed (p8)

Part 62530 cannot be flexed (p15)

7190 Millennium Falcon (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

millennium_falcon_01.png

ERRORS:

Missing part 78c28

Replaced part 30116pb03 with 30320

Incorrect/missing prints

And a quick break back to my good old Architecture theme with the new set:

21006 The White House (LDD 4.3.5 - Architecture)

LXF File

the_white_house.png

ERRORS:

Missing print

Edited by ADHO15

Ehi ADHO15, don't digress!!! :laugh:

We are all waiting "10030 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer".. and I'm waiting it before I update the index! :tongue:

Ehi ADHO15, don't digress!!! :laugh:

We are all waiting "10030 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer".. and I'm waiting it before I update the index! :tongue:

EDIT: Actually, Calabar, you might as well go ahead and update without it. Looking at the System-scale Star Destroyer, the UCS will be a very long and difficult build that will take me a while to complete. I can upload the framework that I have already built and you can index it as incomplete, or you can wait a while for me or someone else to finish it. :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

Weeeeeell, Here goes, then :

10179 - UCS MILLERNIUM FALCON

with a pic :

ucs_mf.jpg

I know I said I'd finish it yesterday, but then I had to go to work... I really need to sort out my priorities :tongue:

Obviously, there are quite a few things that aren't quite correct due to the random state of many of the angles of the hinges (I know, I spend most of my posts complaining about those, sorry). So the radar dish is suppose to fit in the hole in between the hull plates right next to where it is, and the top gun platform should be lower. But apart from that, I'm rather amazed I got to this state after working on it for a little more than a week...

Anyway, here is the LXF file and now I'm off to bed.

Edited by yellost

Wow! I'm impressed, but why are all the minifigs really tanned? Is there a tanning bed inside the Falcon? :tongue:

EDIT: Actually, Calabar, you might as well go ahead and update without it. [...]

Don't worry, I was joking! :laugh:

I think I'll update the index tomorrow, only remember to report the update of the post where you announced the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer, so that it would be easy to find it! :classic:

I expect a great work! :wink:

I think I'll update the index tomorrow, only remember to report the update of the post where you announced the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer, so that it would be easy to find it! :classic:

Sure. I'll link to the post when I upload it. :classic:

7146 TIE Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

tie_fighter_01.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 30283 with 60219

Incorrect/missing prints

7263 TIE Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

tie_fighter_02.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 30283 with 60219

Incorrect/missing prints

7140/7142 X-wing Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

xwing_fighter_01_2.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 73590c02a with 64230

Incorrect/missing prints

Part 64230 cannot connect to 2555 and 4070 (p5)

Edited by ADHO15

Wow! I'm impressed, but why are all the minifigs really tanned? Is there a tanning bed inside the Falcon? :tongue:

thanks

Truth is, I couldn't find the flesh tone color... :blush: but then with all those solar flares they must travel through, it's bound to have some effect :grin:

thanks

Truth is, I couldn't find the flesh tone color... :blush: but then with all those solar flares they must travel through, it's bound to have some effect :grin:

You hover over brown and all the different browns appear. The flesh tone is the one farthest left in the sub-box. :classic:

...white house...

Awesome. I had been waiting for the pdf of this to be available at brickshelf. I never had the time to reverse engineer it. This will help me with presidential gags in Brick. Now I can do my B'rick Obama jokes.

You hover over brown and all the different browns appear. The flesh tone is the one farthest left in the sub-box. :classic:

Ah thanks! I updated the lxf file from my post

And since I've been a bit busy again today...

7191 - UCS X-Wing

7191.jpg

Unfortunately, the cockpit piece is unique to the set and isn't in LDD... :sad:

LXF File

21006 The White House

21006_the_white_house.png

LDD file

The only error is that the printed tile (unavailable) is left blank.

Also, a set made by my brother which I've been forgetting to upload: 6115 Shark Scout

6115_shark_scout.png

LDD file

Again, the only error is that printed parts which are unavailable have been left blank.