Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

@ ADHO15: Wow, you sure like to build the BIG Star Wars sets in LDD! I downloaded your .lxf files and simulated the various battle scenes from the movies by "EXPLODING" the ships (using the 3rd button at the top-left while in the "View Mode")! :laugh: Wait about 10 seconds, and the model comes magically back together.... :yoda:

Lego Emerald Night file has a problem - the LXF file has about 5 degree tilt from horizontal for all elements, which appear properly for visualisation but is a real pain if using bits in another model.

I will contact 'I Like Pi'.

6211 Imperial Star Destroyer (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

imperial_star_destroyer.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x71

Replaced part 32195b with 32017

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Part 4733 cannot connect to 6562 (Book 1, p53)

Part 43898 cannot connect to 44358 (Book 1, p54)

Cannot connect part 43857 to 32062 because of collisions elsewhere (Book 1, p64/65)

Collision error between parts 2817 and other parts (Book 2, p14, p24)

7106 Droid Escape (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

droid_escape_01_2.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

7659 Imperial Landing Craft (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

imperial_landing_craft.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 75c03 with 87994 and 48431pb01 with 4524

Incorrect/missing prints

Collision error between parts 6553 and 57796 (p10, p11)

Collision error between parts 42003 and 3650 (p26)

Collision error between parts 3705 and other parts (p43)

Part 6572 cannot connect to 30237 (p43)

@DLuders

@ ADHO15: Wow, you sure like to build the BIG Star Wars sets in LDD! I downloaded your .lxf files and simulated the various battle scenes from the movies by "EXPLODING" the ships (using the 3rd button at the top-left while in the "View Mode")! Wait about 10 seconds, and the model comes magically back together....

Indeed I do, but they do have a lot of problems! I prefer the smaller, easier ones.

It must look good to explode them all together, but my PC would probably explode doing it! :grin:

I used that effect when I originally posted the Death Star.

Edited by ADHO15

Any more Technic sets?

They take longer to build!

How 'bout 8436 Truck?

In its present form (LDD version 3.1), I don't think you'll see complicated Lego Technic sets modelled in LDD. It is VERY DIFFICULT to mesh gears together because of the "clashing" going on. When one could just slide and align gears with your fingers in real life, in LDD you can't do several things simultaneously.

As for the pneumatic 8436 Truck, there are many parts that are not even available in LDD. Perhaps the LDD 4.0 coming out in September 2010 will provide them.

8436-1.jpg

Id like to give a try to the Toy Story Construct a Buzz and Construct a Zurg sets. I hope it gives me inspiration for Construct A Woody and Construct A Jessie.

10144 Sandcrawler (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

sandcrawler.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x77ac50

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

4477 T-16 Skyhopper (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

t16_skyhopper2.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

Edited by ADHO15

Toy Story: Construct A Buzz 7592

A bit of fun finding all the bits for this one; and with the official colour palette.

ConstructABuzz.png

Construct A Buzz LXF file

Whats missing?

• No Hands (could not yet find them)
  • Proper head (replaced with 2x2 cone)
  • Proper Glass Bubble (replaced with 6x6 cockpit)
  • Stickers

Edit Updated to LDD 4

Construct A Buzz LXF file

Edited by roamingstudio

Here are Duracell Designer Promotional Sets form year 2005:

7268 - Crab

Theme: Creator > Designer Set

[Brickset] [Peeron] [BrickLink]

7268_-_crab.th.png

7269 - Scorpion

7269_-_scorpion.th.png

7270 - Bird

7270_-_bird.th.png

Download (LDD 4.2.5):

- Direct link HERE (7268 - Crab).

- Direct link HERE (7269 - Scorpion).

- Direct link HERE (7270 - Bird).

- More on my BrickShelf Gallery HERE.

- Visual Gallery HERE.

- Get the ZipPacks 7268_7269_7270_-_Promo_Duracell.zip from HERE. The ZipPack contains all the sets and extra.

Known Inaccuracies:

- none

Extra:

- The "great bug" born from all these three sets. As I didn't find instructions, I'm not sure it is 100% accurate, I based it on an image. I leave in an angle unused bricks.

Edited by Calabar

10184 Town Plan

No problems whatsoever. The loose pieces (i.e. pop corn, food, rubber band, etc.) are on the "road" :tongue::sweet:

BTW, I left out the string pieces too.

I did the Town Hall myself also, (looking first could have saved some time, but was fun anyway ;)). Allthough not all bricks are buyable (some wrong colors and the outer cables aren't there in that length), the Town Hall alone costs 105.71€ without the Bride and Groom.

Toy Story: Construct A Zurg 7591.

ConstructAZurg.png

LXF File is here

Missing Bits

1. Hands (same for Construct a Buzz)
  2. Alien Head + Decorations (same as Buzz)
  3. Error with 8L axle with stop (replaced with 8L axle, but poor body alignment)
  4. Flicking Gun made from alternative parts (for asthetics only)
  5. 6x6 dish inverted (radar) does not fit properly on top of 6x3x6 cylinders (boundary error)
  6. 3x3 Disk with Axle hole will not fit onto an axle (boundary error)
  7. No flexible tubing of right length / curvature.
  8. No cape... how naked?

So not complete until we get LDD 4.0; but better than nothing!

(oh and all sub-elements are grouped).

Edit

Partial update to LDD 4; but not all components could be fixed (yet).

LXF File is here

Edited by roamingstudio

[*]6x6 dish inverted (radar) does not fit properly on top of 6x3x6 cylinders (boundary error)

Good find - reported to TLG

[*]6x6 dish inverted (radar) does not fit properly on top of 6x3x6 cylinders (boundary error)

Good find - reported to TLG

Something similar already seen in M Tron set 6989 - Mega Core Magnetizer: Jeff had to use flat disc instead than "Round Dish 8 x 8 Inverted" because the correct disk don't fit.

Something similar already seen in M Tron set 6989 - Mega Core Magnetizer: Jeff had to use flat disc instead than "Round Dish 8 x 8 Inverted" because the correct disk don't fit.

Must have missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

A little WIP teaser. Do you know what it (hopefully)will be?

ucsfalcon.png

10179 UCS Millennium Falcon.

Edited by simonjedi

It seems the millennium falcon, but I should verify.

PS: images not related to LDD official sets should be better to post that as links.

No! :cry_sad:

I've been working hard on that.

UPDATE 11/15/2010: Updated to LDD 4.

My first complete Exo-Force set! (created when my attempt to make an Exo-Force MOC was foiled by parts that didn't work correctly).

8117 Storm Lasher

8117_storm_lasher.png

LDD file

Errors:

• No decorations for this set are available. Any surfaces that should be decorated have been left blank.
  • The hinges that form a ring around the rotors are at angles of 21.75 rather than 22.5. In the actual model, this would slightly stress the hinges. However, this is the only way for the set to fit together as directed in the instructions.

Edited by Aanchir

My first complete Exo-Force set! (created when my attempt to make an Exo-Force MOC was foiled by parts that didn't work correctly).

8117 Storm Lasher

LDD file

Errors:

• The hinges that attach the yellow pincers to the front do not attach to axles all the way (there will be a gap). For this reason, both the hinges and the pincers are left to the side.
  • The dark grey 5.5-length axles do not fit all the way into the black connectors, preventing the propellors from being attached. I am not sure whether this is a render error on the part of the axle or the connectors.
  • I probably could have attached the dragonfly-shaped mini robot if I wanted to, but it would have been frustrating to get all the legs lined up appropriately. And I wasn't up for that.
  • As always, stickers are not possible.

Hi

Great job.

I don't have many Exoforce sets, but I do have this one, so I had to take it out of the cupboard and have a look. The fly is really well done by the TLG designer in my mind.

Some comments:

1) I would defintely place the pincers, even though there is a small gap.

2) Question: Why didn't you rotate the propellers 90 degrees as they should be.

3) You forgot the "feet" of the fly (yellow spikes)

The most bewildering part of this is why the 5.5 axles will not fit. If you remove the centerpiece 32034, you can mount the 5.5 axles and they seems to (incorrectly) go flush with the propeller axle. In other words, could it possibly be so that in the physcial model, the 5.5 axles push the circle into a slight oval (hence being "illegal"). Or is it so that the circle in your LDD model is not 100% circular (how did you do it by the way, it looks really good)?

Hi

Great job.

I don't have many Exoforce sets, but I do have this one, so I had to take it out of the cupboard and have a look. The fly is really well done by the TLG designer in my mind.

Some comments:

1) I would defintely place the pincers, even though there is a small gap.

2) Question: Why didn't you rotate the propellers 90 degrees as they should be.

3) You forgot the "feet" of the fly (yellow spikes)

The most bewildering part of this is why the 5.5 axles will not fit. If you remove the centerpiece 32034, you can mount the 5.5 axles and they seems to (incorrectly) go flush with the propeller axle. In other words, could it possibly be so that in the physcial model, the 5.5 axles push the circle into a slight oval (hence being "illegal"). Or is it so that the circle in your LDD model is not 100% circular (how did you do it by the way, it looks really good)?

I actually did rotate the propellors according to the instructions. The last step has them rotated so they're aligned vertically. I have no idea why, since having them aligned horizontally or diagonally makes so much more sense (and that's how it's pictured in most promo images), but nevertheless I thought it best to depict the model according to the instructions.

Also, when I open the file from the "download" link I gave, the fly does have the yellow spikes for its feet. The back feet have BIONICLE Piraka spines in place of the spikes, just as the instructions request.

Main reason I left the hinges and pincers off is that I want to remember to fix them when (hopefully) those parts are remedied in LDD 4.0. But since I took note of the issue in my post, I can fix that very soon if you prefer they be attached in the meantime.

As for the circles, the way I made the angles correct was by using Technic bricks and Technic angle connectors to align all of the hinge bricks -before- connecting them. Actually, I only needed to align four of them-- after that, the clone tool allowed me to fill in the rest using standard 90-degree rotations. This works with all types of hinges except those that use stud-to-stud connections, since parts with studs will automatically align themselves when connected and have to be hinged individually. It also only works with angles that are multiples of 22.5 degrees, but that's OK here since with click hinges that's the only legal way anyhow.

It is possible that in the physical model the parts are stressed, but I have doubts about that since when I experimented with the axles I found that they would not fit snugly into part 6538c via the long end. I'm about to create an image that demonstrates this problem.

Edited by Aanchir