Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Here's more of mine:

image.png

7945 Fire Station

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheScooterGuy/LDD/OfficialModels/7945/7945_fire_station.lxf

If the link don't work, click here.

image.png

7207 Fire Boat

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheScooterGuy/LDD/OfficialModels/7207/7207_fire_boat.lxf

If the link don't work, click here.

Edited by Calabar
Alternative link added.

I just noticed that Brickset put up building instructions for the new CubeDudes. Anyone feels like giving them a go in LDD? http://www.brickset.com/miscellaneous/CubeDudes/SDCC10/

I'd take a pop if anyone else is not yet doing it... It would help me practice LDD - just hope that V4 does not change positions of parts in libraries... :sadnew:

I'd take a pop if anyone else is not yet doing it... It would help me practice LDD - just hope that V4 does not change positions of parts in libraries... :sadnew:

Go for it! :thumbup:

LDD set: 6989 - M Tron: Mega Core Magnetizer, mod-1

6989_mega_core_magnetizer_thumb.png

I am not the original maker of this model, Lego is. I only modified and added stuff on it since many block do not appear in LDD or has been removed.

So when Lego will add the correct missing piece in LDD, I will update this file and remove my adding.

LXF file: ldd_set_6989_mod-1.zip ~91kb

The file and pictures are hosted on my own website.

_

7477-T1 Typhoon v.s. T-Rex

Theme: DINO ATTACK

7477t_typhoon_2.png

ERRORS:

-The string and the Hook have been separated from the entire model.

-The Windscreen 8 x 6 x 2 Curved from the cockpit have been replaced by some Wedges 8 x 3 x 2 Open.

-An error in LDD makes impossible to connect the Dark Red Windscreen 8 x 6 x 2 Curved. The curved slopes can't also be connected to the windscreen.

-The minifigs have not the same printed parts than the original set.

-The Technic Competition Cannon has been replaced by a brick-built version.

-The Technic, Gear Differential, 24-16 Teeth have been removed.

-The T-rex and the Pteranodon parts are not available in LDD, so they had been removed from the entire model.

-The hose can't flex.

-The Cylinder Hemisphere 3 x 3 Ball Turret can't be fixed together.

-The Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth have been replaced by Gear 12 Tooth Double Bevel.

-Part 32133ac05 Technic Competition Arrow with Solid Rubber End replaced by 57028c03 Technic Competition Arrow with Hollow Rubber End

LFX file: 7477

Edited by L-DI-EGO

@Jeff

Very good work.

Look here as I managed the file creating groups and using clear bricks as support to insert vehicles.

I inserted a lego magnet inside the scene... there is only a "train" type connector, but perhaps it is possibile to adapt the model to use it (in this way there will be magnets as in the original set).

@BrickWild

Links in post #546 are wrong, it seems (in the meantime, it is possible to find the sets here).

The server redirect to the main page of a wide, interesting gallery of LDD models. Are there models not present in this topic too?

@Jeff

Very good work.

Look here as I managed the file creating groups and using clear bricks as support to insert vehicles.

I inserted a lego magnet inside the scene... there is only a "train" type connector, but perhaps it is possibile to adapt the model to use it (in this way there will be magnets as in the original set).

Thanks alot Calabar, this is exactly the piece I was looking for. In which tab in LDD he was located?

San Diego Comic Con 2010 Exclusive - The Clone Wars Edition: SDCC2010-1

ComicConDudes.png

ComicCon Clone Wars Dudes

Notes:

Yoda's ears will not fit as the original model uses an illegal build - i.e. a 1x1 technic brick with plates inserted into the hole. As a result Yoda's hair wont lie flat on the ears. I have temporarily increased the size of Yoda's ears by adding two blue 1x1 technic bricks. Im not sure the best way to resolve this. I have also used tan colour bricks - although from the instructions it could also be flesh coloured. Could some point me in the right direction?

Rex has a few issues. The head cannot be rotated (I had to rotate the body, then the whole model back). There appears to be a special 2x2 corner (blue) brick to accept technic studs in the base. However I was able to insert the upside down cheese slopes by connecting them temporarily with this piece. Also his pistols dont exist (so replaced with fire hoses).

What was most interesting is that the models were only possible using Universe Mode; I could start building in the DBM / PAB mode but quickly found pieces which did not exist in the correct colours.

For those who want specific model, with grouped elements (head, arms, torso) I provide the original files.

C3-PO

Rex

Obi-Wan

R2-D2

Yoda

Edit

Main model updated to LDD 4

ComicCon Clone Wars Dudes

Edited by roamingstudio

Mars Mission - 5617 - Alien Jet

5617_alien_jet.png

LXF File

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: The alien figure parts seem to have been removed from LDD4. :sad:

EDIT 2: Now the alien figure parts are back! :classic: I also corrected the trans-bright green cones to trans-neon green.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Midi Tie Advanced X1 from 10188 Death Star

mmm... you mean that ADHO15 set is incomplete?

If yes, we need to inform ADHO15, or I'll have to tag the set as incomplete.

Done.

Toy Story 3 Western Train Chase 7597. Does not include mini-figs - I will have to check the other TS3 LXF files first.

You already make a post for set 7597.

If this is an update of that set, please edit both post inserting the modified lxf file in the first and linking that post in the second (the procedure is explained in the topic's rules) :classic:

PS: image link is wrong. Is this the correct one?

Comic Con Cube Dudes:

Are Cube Dudes a single set? Is there a set number and theme?

Edited by Calabar

Are Cube Dudes a single set? Is there a set number and theme?

It's all one set, and it is Star Wars. But I don't think there is a set number.

It's all one set, and it is Star Wars. But I don't think there is a set number.

Brickset talks about this San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) exclusive set and lists it as "sdcc2010-1: San Diego Comic Con 2010 Exclusive - The Clone Wars Edition" : http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=sdcc2010-1 .

Neither Bricklink nor Peeron has anything in their Catalog with the term "Dudes". :sceptic:

Here's an article about them (with pictures of Star Wars-style Cube Dudes): http://www.walyou.com/blog/2009/10/11/lego-star-wars-cube-dudes/ .

Brickset talks about this San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) exclusive set and lists it as "sdcc2010-1: San Diego Comic Con 2010 Exclusive - The Clone Wars Edition" : http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=sdcc2010-1 .

I would suggest we stick with BrickLink as the major provider of reference Partnumbers and Set-numbers. This because BrickLink is used my so overwhelmingly many people and therefore has becomee the LEGO database de-facto standard. I know there is Peeron, and in most cases Peeron and Bricklink match, but not always, so it's better to stick with one of them.

mmm... you mean that ADHO15 set is incomplete?

If yes, we need to inform ADHO15, or I'll have to tag the set as incomplete.

Well, I couldn't find it in his file. But maybe I didn't look hard enough...

Hop, a new one :

10019 UCS Blockade Runner

ucsblockaderunner.jpg

I had to make a little tweak here and there for the different part to come together but all in all, Really not much.

The oly thing that was missing are the big dark red wheels used at the back of the Thrusters. I had to replace them with smaller ones.

Here is the LXF File

Edited by yellost

I would suggest we stick with BrickLink as the major provider of reference Partnumbers and Set-numbers. This because BrickLink is used my so overwhelmingly many people and therefore has becomee the LEGO database de-facto standard. I know there is Peeron, and in most cases Peeron and Bricklink match, but not always, so it's better to stick with one of them.

The ComicCon Dudes post has been updated with all 5 of them.

It was fun to build - and understand the generic techniques being used even if I am not a fan of it.

The ComicCon Dudes post has been updated with all 5 of them.

It was fun to build - and understand the generic techniques being used even if I am not a fan of it.

Excellent work RoamingStudio. Also detailed info about what wouldn't work - love that!

Regarding color tan, it has to be that - those parts doesn't exist in flesh.

The Yoda ears is a problem, I agree - can anyone help find a work-around?

And yes, the "problem" with the cube dues is that if you don't view them from directly face-on, they look a bit weird. But it is a lovely concept I must say. Nice to see that someone can create something completely new from Lego bricks.

The Yoda ears is a problem, I agree - can anyone help find a work-around?

Work-around is possible. Trust the force to show you. But fear the Bandana. The force will heal you.

Yoda-Dude-Fix.png

His light sabre will still not fit onto the leg; there is a conflict between the arm and leg mount; perhaps the arm needs to be rotated back a little.

Yoda Dude Fix

If people are happy with the fix I can merge it back into the composite file.

Edited by roamingstudio

Good job with the workaround roamingstudio.

And you're right about the light saber. Once again the original designer used an illegal technique, so LDD protests.

But moving the light saber out a tiny amount might make it work. But the on the other hand it might bump into the round 1x1 plate hand.

EDIT: Tried it now, and I can't get the saber hilt in place. Brick boundary problem.

Good job with the workaround roamingstudio.

And you're right about the light saber. Once again the original designer used an illegal technique, so LDD protests.

But moving the light saber out a tiny amount might make it work. But the on the other hand it might bump into the round 1x1 plate hand.

I forgot to add- the Western Train Chase has been updated to include Jessie, (Feersome) Rex, and Ham (well Beef).

8099 - Midi scale ISD

midi_isd.jpg

There's only one missing black pin in the bone structure I couldn't get to fit between the two technic bricks. Otherwise, it's all correct.

LXF File

I really love LDD to get a general feeling of a set pefore purchase. And in this case, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The big gap in the middle shows way too many bricks of odd colours... And I'm still not sold with that weird flattened alien head that passes for the bridge tower...

Index updated!

11 new sets have been added!

Check your sets!

@Superkalle

This discussion about illegal connection could be interesting: can you extract related post from this topic and crate a new topic about this subject?

Well, it certainly looks like yellost is my newest competition! :grin: I really should just post these sets as soon as I make them so other people don't make and post them before me!

Anyway, TLG also made Episode 3-themed battle packs:

7654 Droids Battle Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 3)

LXF File

droids_battle_pack2.png

ERRORS:

Part 4733 cannot connect to 6541 (p4)

7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 3)

LXF File

clone_troopers_battle_pack2.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

7672 Rogue Shadow (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Other)

LXF File

rogue_shadow.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 32072 and 58846 (Book 1, p21)

Collision error between parts 32291 and 4185 (Book 2, p18)

About the Death Star set, I did make the MIDI TIE Fighter after I uploaded the LXF file, but forgot to replace it with the complete version. I'll update the link in the original post shortly. :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

@ADHO15

EDIT: I didn't read your last lines!

PS: could you arrange linked pictures in your 10188 post too?

Insert a little thumbnail only, and other pictures as link.

Edited by Calabar

10198 Tantive IV (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

tantive_iv2.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

10019 UCS Rebel Blockade Runner (LDD 4.3.5 - Ultimate Collector Series)

LXF File

ucs_rebel_blockade_runner.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x138

Replaced parts 2625 with 50303 and 30283 with 60219

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 2476 and 3020 (p16)

Collision error between parts 30386 and 3938 (p18, p24)

30386 ring cannot be fully connected at back (p18, p24)

Collision error between parts 4285 and 3021 (p111)

8099 Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

midiscale_imperial_star_destroyer.png

NO ERRORS

Edited by ADHO15