Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Many thanks to ADHO15 for showing me how to have a white background in screenshots!

How do you do this ADHO15?

How do you do this ADHO15?

It's very simple. Just click on the middle one of the three yellow bricks in the top right corner to go into View Mode. Then select the camera button on the new toolbar to take an immediate screenshot. It will be saved to your My Pictures folder. :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

It's very simple. Just click on the middle one of the three yellow bricks in the top right corner to go into View Mode. Then select the camera button on the new toolbar to take an immediate screenshot. It will be saved to your My Pictures folder. :classic:

Brilliant. I've been using a print screen function. *huh* Thanks man.

Edited by messiah1

I gave a little update to the index.

Only new sets' number, in order to help users to help users to see if a set has been already done by someone.

30072 + 30073

Can't find a reference to these sets. Can you check if set's numbers are correct and if necessary provide a link?

A little request: please for every set post a single lxf file reporting set's official name and number.

It is a great help when I have to buit the index! Thanks! :)

7667 Imperial Dropship and Rebel Scout Speeder

Set 7667 has only one of the model I can see in the picture.

What about other model?

Can't find a reference to these sets. Can you check if set's numbers are correct and if necessary provide a link?

A little request: please for every set post a single lxf file reporting set's official name and number.

It is a great help when I have to buit the index! Thanks! :)

Set 7667 has only one of the model I can see in the picture.

What about other model?

Okay, I'll change them :classic:

Or just press Ctrl+K so you don't have to go into view mode. I find it saves a lot of time.

Anf, pant... finally index has been updated! :wacko:

Over 150 new sets and new themes indexed!

Check if your creations are well indexed and report errors, if any.

Okay, I'll change them :classic:

5928 - Bi-Wing Baron

Theme: Adventurers > Desert

[Brickset] [Peeron] [BrickLink]

5928_-_bi-wing_baron.th.png

Download (LDD 4.2.5):

- Direct link HERE.

- More on my BrickShelf Gallery HERE.

- Visual Gallery HERE.

- Get the ZipPacks from HERE.

Known Inaccuracies:

- Many decorations missing, replaced if possible.

Comments:

As Adventure theme seems to be ignored, I thought to give my little contribution to extend a bit the list.

The set is almost complete: as often, decorations are missing (I tryed to replace original decoration with something similar).

Edited by Calabar

10199 Winter Toy Shoplddscreenshot1.png

LXF File

Okay, there are many changes/issues to this model.

- The roof panels couldn't fit do to an illegal connection in the real model

- I left the fire pieces to the side because I was too lazy to position them perfectly to allow the bricks to fit

- I left the 2 1x1 grey round bricks to the side because they can't fit into the Technic pieces

http://www.brickfactory.info/scans/10000/10199/052.jpg (beside the 1x2 tan technic bricks that hold the roof).

- Piece 64566 doesn't exist in LDD so I left it out

- Piece x64 doesn't exist in LDD so I left it out

- Piece 30613 isn't available so I replaced it with a brick built substitute

- The park bench in the real model uses bars and clips, but since the 1x2 plate with bar isn't there, I replaced the whole hinge system with click hinges

- I changed the cape on the caroller

That is all :classic::tongue:

Edited by prateek

Wonderful job prateek!

I love the issues you (and everyone else) finds while builiding official set. Firstly, because you discover a lot of brick errors in LDD. I report every each and one of them to TLG, and hopefully they will be fixed in the next release. Secondly, because it's interesting to find cases where the Lego designers themselves may have cheated and used illegal building techniqes :devil:. Since LDD so strictly enforces Legal principles, it's kind of interesting to spot the TLG mistakes :wink:

However, when you (and everyone else) build your models, it would be much appreciated if you could explain a bit more exactly what is not working, specially if you think you bumped into a new issue. Perhaps a screenshot of each of the problems, or more detailed instructions. For example in the Wintershop, I can't seem to figure out why the roof could not be placed. And those "1x1 grey round bricks" that wouldn't fit on the "technic pieces". Which ones do you mean? If you can take a screenshot and add some clearyfing arrows or so, it'd be great. :classic:

PS: Regarding 64566 and x64, they should be in LDD

PS: Regarding 64566 and x64, they should be in LDD

Are they, or should they be? Because I used LDD manager and it said that they aren't there. :wacko:

BTW, Superkalle, for the 1x1 round brick in Technic piece, I just posted the instruction page where they appear. Is that okay?

Edited by prateek

Are they, or should they be? Because I used LDD manager and it said that they aren't there. :wacko:

Oh well, I messed up. You are right, they are not in LDD - I just whished they were. I should have looked in LDD Manager :laugh:

About the 1x1 round brick, excellent find!!!

It's one of the brick placements I have had the hardest discussion with TLG about since they say it's not allowed. But here we have a fine example of it used in a very recent set. Thank you!

About the roof I now see that it can't be fastened, but I don't see why? Anyone else have a clue? EDIT: OK, got it. Seems TLG used an illegal technique once more.

During the height of the Clone Wars, the Jedi deployed clone pilots in 7259 ARC-170 Starfighters in an attempt to halt the Revenge of the Sith.

12797306381_DISPLAY.jpg

.LXF File

EDIT: Oops, forgot the changes:

Minifigs, printed bricks absent, dark red hubcap in/on the front of the engines replaced with brick-built substitute, rubber bands missing, 1 3L Technic pin in each engine replaced with a 2L pin and half a hinge in the nose replaced with a 1x2, in both cases because I couldn't get the sub-assemblies to align properly.

And yes, the minifigs are in the model. I personally prefer seating them inside the vehicle to lining them up outside.

Edited by Brickdoctor

EDIT (August 5, 2010): The LXF file has been updated with correct tan colors for the Technic pins. Also, the commander's air tank has been correctly recolored from light bley to black.

This was an interesting build. Some parts had to be substituted, and others had to be replaced with a completely different part (train wheels instead of discs for the prison pods). It was a pain to get the garage door bent at angles, and to get the left-sided fence to attach to three clips at once.

5985 Space Police Central (BrickLink - Brickset)

0.png

LXF file

Notes:

• One 1 x 16 brick had to be substituted for a handful of plates (with a 1 x 2 plate gap left in the middle). This was because one piece of the garage door railing was blocking the 1 x 16 brick from connecting.
  • The satellite dish is missing two cow catchers. They will be added when LDD is updated with them.
  • The main base and side attachment are not fully attached together due to minute differences in the heights of the holes of 1 x 2 axle bricks and 1 x 4 Technic bricks.
  • One control panel decoration is different than the one that comes in the set. This is the right-most one inside the building.
  • The Technic spring-loaded launcher on Craniac's ship has been replaced by a 2 x 6 alternative that is made of Technic bricks and slope pieces.
  • The sniffer frog and Craniac's confiscated gun cannot fit inside the drawers, so they are on top of one of them instead.
  • The commander is holding his airtank because neck poles on minifig torsos are much shorter than real minifig neck poles.
  • As mentioned above, the discs for the prison pod escape mechanism had to be replaced with train wheels because axles can't fit in the axle hole of the disc.

Oh, and I found a small half-cylinder piece that I did not notice while building Echo Base. I'll have to edit my post on that set later with a new screenshot and new LXF file. It wouldn't have happened if I found out about Superkalle's LDD Manager earlier! :blush:

Edited by ILikePi

10186 - UCS General Grievous - Theme: Star Wars

I wanted to try this as soon as I saw the instructions on LEGO.com. It was trying at times but I'm happy to say it's finished.

There are a couple things left out or changed because LDD won't allow them:

- Any of the hoses and associtated fitting (because we can't bend them)

- The front portion of his neck piece (looks like another case of an illegal LDD build) This I had to slightly modify.

- The stickers for the base and anywhere on The General (not available)

I had quite a bit of difficulty getting certain angles (light sabers and arms mostly) to align and had to create some custom stands for pivoting and such. I'd get certain elements built and then couldn't get them onto the model so I'd have to re-piece them together one at a time where they needed to go. Also, I don't like how the handles of the light sabers look in his claws.

grievous15.png

.LXF File

Edited by messiah1

EDIT (August 5, 2010): The LXF file has been updated with correct tan colors.

EDIT: (August 25, 2010): The LXF file has been updated so that the train is at a neutral angle.

10194 Emerald Night (BrickLink - Brickset)

01final.png

LXF file

Notes:

• For all 5.5L Technic axles with stop rings, I substituted in a 5L axle because of the stop ring glitch.
  • The 1 x 2 brick with axle hole behind the furnace had to be replaced with a 1 x 2 panel. This does not allow the furnace to attach to the caboose via Technic pins and axles.
  • The flame piece inside the furnace does not exist in LDD, so I used a trans-orange drill instead.
  • The 1 x 2 tiles under the furnace have been replaced with 1 x 2 plates.
  • The larger train wheels have been replaced with a different wheel. This replacement does not allow the Technic beams to attach to all three of the replacement wheels.
  • One piston (the Technic beams that attach all three wheels with red rubber bands together) for the caboose will not fit in. The one on the right does, but I'm not sure why the left one doesn't fit.

P.S. Thanks for the tag, Superkalle! :sweet:

Edited by ILikePi

The link for the .lxf file is a jpeg...

:oh3: You're right, it is. I must have copied the URL from the wrong tab.

EDIT: Should be fixed, now.

Edited by Brickdoctor

...and others had to be replaced with a completely different part (train wheels instead of discs for the prison pods)...

The disc piece is available on LDD

And yes, the minifigs are in the model. I personally prefer seating them inside the vehicle to lining them up outside.

Same here. Also, I process them and add backgrounds, sometimes lighting and rocket exhaust effects. :D

8159 Racer X vs. Taejo Togokhan

lddscreenshot1.png

LXF File

I couldn't find hubcaps on LDD.

Edited by prateek

The disc piece is available on LDD

Yes, but axles can't go through the middle! I tried various sizes of axles and none of them would fit in the axle hole. :wacko:

@ Prateek, the lxf link is a jpeg

Oh, thanks for that. I changed it :sweet: