Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

I am almost finished with the second of the three books from the eiffeltower set.

Some exercise to get used to the interface and possibilities of LDD

Will put it up as soon as it is finished

Hey, this is just awesome with all the models lately. I never would have thought this LDD thing here at Eurobricks would take off like it has. This is just freakin' :thumbup: amazing.

Have done most of 7683 Fight on The Flying Wing. Slow going as LDD's interface is a bit quirky and not overly easy to use on a netbook (my full size laptop is poorly atm), but it certainly a lot more fun with Universe mode giving acess to more bricks. Just a shame they don't have ship hulls as I'd love to build some piratey goodness!

Just for grins, I decided to try something BIONICLE... specifically, 10023 Master Builder Set from the year 2002. It's a 15-model set, but I only built 5 of the optional models due to part constraints.

Model 2: the Taku duck

10023_master_builder_set_02.png

LDD file

Inaccuracies: Just one. The y-joint pieces used for the feet are the new style, which came out in 2008. The old style is not available on LDD.

Model 3: the Hoto fire bug

10023_master_builder_set_03.png

LDD file

Inaccuracies: New-style y-joints instead of old-style. In addition, LDD lacks this piece, which is supposed to appear in red as the bug's mouth.

Model 5: the Ruki snapper fish

10023_master_builder_set_04.png

LDD file

Inaccuracies: New-style y-joints instead of old-style. New-style rubber bands (round cross-section, shiny) instead of old-style (square cross-section, matte black). Also, the rubber bands are not attached (for obvious reasons).

Model 10: the Kuna bog snake

10023_master_builder_set_10.png

LDD file

Inaccuracies: Whoo, boy. This is without a doubt the ugliest model in the set-- I made it purely because I thought there would be no problems in the build. However, it turns out the eyes are unable to attach to the black beams on the face, for unknown reasons. They're placed to the side instead. Also, new-style y-joints instead of old-style.

Model 14: the Takea shark

10023_master_builder_set_14.png

LDD file

Inaccuracies: Surprisingly, none. I'm very thankful because this is one of my favorite models from the set.

Enjoy!

I've been quiet but busy.

Here's a quick Prince of Persia set:

7569 Desert Attack

LXF File

desertattack.jpg

Updated to LDD 4

Edited by ADHO15

There is a small problem with this model. If you open it in LDD it will show a warning "two bricks have been removed". The reason is that you cannot place the two black spears like that. It's a bug in the brick geometry that creates a collision error. To solve it, simply lift the spear up a few millimeters in the 1x1 Cone Brick.

Also as a general tip, if you want to see where bricks were placed that was removed, you can check the following auto-generated file:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml

(Just double click it and it will open in LDD)

There is a small problem with this model. If you open it in LDD it will show a warning "two bricks have been removed". The reason is that you cannot place the two black spears like that. It's a bug in the brick geometry that creates a collision error. To solve it, simply lift the spear up a few millimeters in the 1x1 Cone Brick.

Also as a general tip, if you want to see where bricks were placed that was removed, you can check the following auto-generated file:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml

(Just double click it and it will open in LDD)

Thanks, Superkalle. I'll fix that now.

While we're on the subject, do you know what causes a 'parsing error' and how it can be fixed? PM me to keep the thread on-topic if you want. :classic:

I noticed that when I made the tri-fighter, i oriented the front hub wrong, and while it was a pain to connect together, it was nothing compared to trying to get it positioned right. I'm still working on it, but momentarily have given up. It has brought me to the conclusion that the hinge align tool needs to allow you to manually pick the anchored brick which everything else aligns from. often the anchor brick that doesn't move needs to be a brick other than the two you are trying to join.

I also want to note that because of the awesomeness of this thread, I was able to create today's Brick on time. It required two 3 story buildings, neither of which I had even begun to piece together. Fair warning: if you are easily offended, while meant to raise social awareness, today's strip (June 1st) does contain some disturbing subject matter. Reader discretion is advised.

I've been quiet but busy.

7569 Desert Attack

LXF File

did you put the skeleton arms off to the side because you couldn't get them to attach? Because if you reposition them horizontally, they connect quite easily.

Edited by Randal

Tuesday, yet another creator model.

4953 Fast Flyers.

Moving wings do no seem to work in LDD. Had to replace some parts.

I'm kind of disappointed with this model. The box-art looks far better!

LDD file with removed parts

I built this set on the old LDD too. I didn't really like it either, and those special function parts were a pain.

Edited by Calabar
Quoted image removed.

did you put the skeleton arms off to the side because you couldn't get them to attach? Because if you reposition them horizontally, they connect quite easily.

I thought they must do otherwise there'd be no point in putting those parts on the program. I'll change those too. Thanks for the tip. :classic:

This would look better if TLG would put the old space wing plates in LDD. However, it was still possible to make the very first Lego spaceship.

set 918: Space Transport

While I made it look dingy and dirty, you can still see an LDD image of it in today's Brick.

Oh... and here's one for the Raid VPR... set 5981 (also seen in todays Brick, though with the LL-918 classic space colors.)

I included two recolors, one construction and one fire/rescue... as I seem to remember as a kid you'd see some sets that only differed in color and minifig, be it fire or police... so I wanted to try that with these.

5981 Raid VPR

Edited by Randal

This afternoon i've been working on the 5893 Off Road Power set.

For now i got the Quad and the Trailer in LDD.

The quad is missing a 2 parts which could be reaplaced.

The trailer is 100% complete and working nicely!

0005893quad1.jpg

0005893trailer1.jpg

LDD file quad

LDD file trailer

Update:

The Pick-Up is nearly finished: I'm at the end of book 1

(Steering doesn't work because of missing part. And the Engine part and shocks are partialy correct, but is seem that is is going to be another great model!

5893_book_1.jpg

Just wait and see!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

finaly finished,

10181 - Eiffel tower

nine parts are missing because of this problem

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=748195

4x 2420.png and 1x 3031.png underneath 8x8 plates with grille in the top section of the building (page 3 of book 3) and 4x 2420.png underneath 8x8 plate with grille in the top section of the building (page 65 of book 3)

10181.jpg

lxf file 10181.lxf

Edited by Jan

Here are a few more Star Wars sets:

4488 MINI Millennium Falcon (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_millennium_falcon.png

ERRORS:

Missing prints

7778 Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

midi_scale_millennium_falcon.jpg

ERRORS:

Missing part 78c14

Missing stickers

Well done to everyone else too! Great work! :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

After small and medium version, wow we expect the huge Millennium Falcon from you! :tongue:

Index updated.

@Aanchir

It is possibile to fix eyes of snake version of set 10023 (I did it!).

You can try to correct, or if you want I can send you the fixed version.

For everybody: A little appeal to read guidelines (written in post #1) before posting here!

Bat Tumbler LXF

This is one of those sets that needs a launcher, so I made two variants. If someone wants to color this properly, be my guest, but I'm loading a recolor.

bat_tumbler3.png

5973 hyperspeed pursuit

There were some necessary mods on both. on the SP ship, there were problems with the wings and the cockpit farings, in the back there were clearance issues with the prisoner pod and it's cradle. If you follow the instructions in reverse, you will find the mods. I also changed the color of a couple bricks on the front wings, as the actual bricks had stickers on them and something seemed to be missing otherwise. Also, obviously, the hoses can't be placed, so there is that. (I wish they'd make those flexible)

On the gangster ship, the only mods are the launcher replacements and optional launcher replacements. These are the same launcher replacements used in the tumbler, only this time I used the tumblers alternate for the actual build.

5973_hyperspeed_pursuit.png

Edited by Randal

This is becoming ridiculous. The activity on this topic is too much :tongue:

I goto bed, only to wake up the next morning with FOUR new amazing entries:

We have to put a stop to this :laugh:

@Jan - A stunning and mind blowing model. Amazing work! :oh: PS: Can you summarize which nine parts are missing, please.

@Randal: That Tumbler composition is the coolest, most badass stuff I've seen in years. :oh:

@ADHO15: Excellent work - is this the start of you making the SW mini series?

@JunkStyleGio - looking forward to that truck. It's kind of cool that you make models that are so extremely new.

Actually, you know what you are doing here guys. In addition to creating an part inventory, you are also geometrically placing the bricks in the right place. And how can that be usefully? Well for one, you can use it to solve an annoying problem: You know when you're building a Lego model (with physical bricks) and you end up with one annoying left-over brick? With the LDD models you just open that model in LDD, drag the left-over brick from the palette to the scene and use "Shape Selection tool". Now you can see exactly where the left-over (or missing) brick is supposed to go.

For the people who are waiting for the 5893 pick-up....

Well..

Here it is.

Like i said before: the steering is a bit alternative, due to the missing parts in LDD. The winch is complete but is missing the cable... (But that is, again, logical!)

I just love making all thes models in LDD. The new ones are obviously the best and the most fun making.

Let's just check the picture of the Pick-Up.

0005893pickup.jpg

And now let's check one picture of the complete model!

5893completesideview.jpg

LDD file

Edit: had some problems getting the pictures in the message.

But that seem to be solved now.

More pictures wil become available in my Brickshelf (when public)

Edited by JunkstyleGio

After small and medium version, wow we expect the huge Millennium Falcon from you! :tongue:

Of course! I started it a while ago, but building it can get long and boring, so I'm doing some smaller sets in between. :classic:

@ADHO15: Excellent work - is this the start of you making the SW mini series?

Indeed it is, Superkalle!

Here are some TIE Fighters and X-Wings:

3219 MINI TIE Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_tie_fighter_01.png

NO ERRORS

8028 MINI TIE Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_tie_fighter_02.png

NO ERRORS

6965 MINI TIE Interceptor (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_tie_interceptor.png

ERRORS:

Missing print

6963 MINI X-Wing Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_xwing_fighter.png

ERRORS:

Missing prints

30051 MINI X-Wing (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_xwing.png

NO ERRORS

4484 MINI X-Wing Fighter and TIE Advanced (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_xwing_fighter_and_tie_advanced.png

ERRORS:

Missing prints

MINI TIE Bomber (made with extra parts collected from 4484, 4485, 4486 and 4487) (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_tie_bomber.png

ERRORS:

Missing part 2609b

Missing print

Edited by ADHO15

Those are cool. I'm going to be loading some of the more mundane space sets tonight. I built all three for today's Brick, but I only used two of them.

The sets I made are

0452-1.jpg

1704-1.jpg

and

6852-1.jpg

(LXF's to be loaded later)

Edited by Randal

Here is a classic set. the 6054 - Forestmen's Hideout

It´s pretty close to the real one, I had to change the hinges in the roof and shoot target because LDD doesn't have the original ones.

That was my first attempt and I'm still exploring LDD so I hope you like it.

Closed:

lddscreenshot1.jpg

Opened:

lddscreenshot2.jpg

And the file is attached in a zip file.

6054_ForestmenHideout.zip

Here is a classic set. the 6054 - Forestmen's Hideout

Great set and good work!

Try to add minifigs to your work to complete it!

And now for some more. From Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace:

4485 MINI Sebulba's Podracer and Anakin's Podracer (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_sebulbas_podracer_and_anakins_podracer.png

NO ERRORS

4491 MINI MTT (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_mtt.png

ERRORS:

Part 43898 cannot connect to 3794 (p17)

4493 MINI Sith Infiltrator (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Mini)

LXF File

mini_sith_infiltrator.png

ERRORS:

Missing prints

Edited by ADHO15