Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Warning: NEVER underestimate those Creator sets from around 2003. They only have about 600 pieces, but can give you instructions for 20 models! It begins small, and ends (if it even ends!) quite large. But always very qualitative.

Warning: recreating these sets is quite addictive too. Don't come complaining if you're late for dinner every time.

Warning: now it will be even more difficult to find sets that haven't been build yet in this topic. Mwouhahaha! (Damn, that includes me...)

Note: people with arachnophobia should not scroll too far down!

*snip*

All of the parts you have colored 37 Bright Green should actually be 28 Dark Green. Confusing, I know, since we usually think of "normal" green as the same shade as Bright Red, Bright Blue, etc. But it's actually one shade darker, and what we think of as "Dark Green" is actually 141 Earth Green.

Brickset has set inventories that can pretty reliably tell you the official color names for the parts in a set. They're not 100% complete, since they're sourced from the LEGO Customer Service site which only lists the parts they have images for. But it's still a very useful resource for LDD building since it isn't user-generated. Of course, that doesn't mean it's error free (this part's name used to be listed as "Republic Gunship" :laugh:). Always be cautious.

All of the parts you have colored 37 Bright Green should actually be 28 Dark Green. Confusing, I know, since we usually think of "normal" green as the same shade as Bright Red, Bright Blue, etc. But it's actually one shade darker, and what we think of as "Dark Green" is actually 141 Earth Green.

Brickset has set inventories that can pretty reliably tell you the official color names for the parts in a set. They're not 100% complete, since they're sourced from the LEGO Customer Service site which only lists the parts they have images for. But it's still a very useful resource for LDD building since it isn't user-generated. Of course, that doesn't mean it's error free (this part's name used to be listed as "Republic Gunship" :laugh:). Always be cautious.

Maybe a bit off topic, Brickset is very useful but is a bit unreliable/incomplete in the parts section. I used to look at peeron for this information, but that site appears to be dead since January. Has anyone some information on what happened?

I don't know what happened to Peeron. I tried to submit a complete scan of a Dacta instruction, nothing has happened to it at all. I would think they'd be happy to get hold of 25-year old instruction from any of Dacta line since it's seems as rare as hen's teeth.

Peeron has never been the quickest to update, and while it scores some points over Bricklink as far as color names are concerned, it still has some weaknesses. It DOES have one very useful resource, the Peeron color list, which cross-references Peeron and Bricklink color names with official LEGO names. However, it is not 100% reliable because often there is not a 1:1 relationship between the names used on fan-created databases and the official names, and you often have to deal with parts being listed incorrectly in whichever database you're referencing.

If the Brickset database is not complete enough for you, then there is another reliable non-user-generated resource: just replace the seven-digit part number in this URL with any six- or seven-digit Element ID from the inventory in the back of a set's instruction booklet to see that part's entry in the LEGO Group's replacement parts database — no need to go through Brickset or the main LEGO Customer Service site. This solution is ideal because even parts that do not have pictures uploaded to the site are included in the database. The disadvantage is that the LEGO Group only began printing complete set inventories with Element IDs in instruction booklets around 2006, so you might have a much harder time verifying older sets' colors this way.

40072 Rocking Horse - Theme: Promotional; Monthly Mini Model Build; December 2013 - LXF file

40072.png

[Brickset][Bricklink]

Error: Black cord missing

Missing print: None

850426 Pencil Holder - Theme: Special Items for LEGO Fans - LXF file

850426_small.png

[Brickset]

Error: 2 missing LEGO pens (Replaced with LEGO Bricks)

Missing print: LEGO Logo is missing (see on following render)

Mine, using a decorator painter minifigurine (serie #10).

Edited by vean

It's almost that time of year!

...When little monsters come knocking on your door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40020 - Halloween Set - theme: Seasonal

_40020.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40021 - Spiders Set - theme: Seasonal

_40021.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

850426 Pencil Holder - Theme: Special Items for LEGO Fans - LXF file

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&st=3375#entry1721815

Nice pencils built and rendering! Missing print: LEGO Logo can be applied by invert brick(decor) trick below.

+ Alt used pencil.

LDD invert decor trick , thanks to 850426_by_vean, no need to hack LDD

LXF: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nachapon/94UCSSSD/64_850426_by_vean.lxf

Edited by bbqqq

And super tiny detail: the paint roller should be part 62462, not 75535. For the pens I guess it can stay 62462 because they are "virtual" anyway. :tongue:

@bbqqq - that was a nice trick with the LEGO logo. Never seen that before. :thumbup:

However I'm not sure it's suitable in this topic where the strive is to only use standard LDD techniques :wink:

@Superkalle - Thanks, should I move it to LDD tricks topic?

To apply that LEGO logo. I used LXFML edit trick to find and replace decor code.(NXT EV3 brick)

Use LDD-Manager generated 500+ decor surfaces template LXF to quick find best brick to use for the decor.(All 500+ surface apply with LEGO logo at once)

Then use precise move trick to move it in place.

Edited by bbqqq

@Superkalle - Thanks, should I move it to LDD tricks topic?

To apply that LEGO logo. I used LXFML edit trick to find and replace decor code.(NXT EV3 brick)

Use LDD-Manager generated 500+ decor surfaces template LXF to quick find best brick to use for the decor.(All 500+ surface apply with LEGO logo at once)

Then use precise move trick to move it in place.

Clever :classic:

Yes, please move (or copy) the trick to the LDD Tricks topic :thumbup:

1526 - ??? - theme: Classic Space (2 different names given by various sites, no official name from LEGO)

This set was never released but box exists in LEGO's vault and there are part list and instruction on this model. It is not official but more like prototype.

build instruction: http://www.cubiculus...ction/lego/1526

Other information: http://www.brickset....article/?ID=149 and http://lego.wikia.co...ace_Radar_Buggy

1526a.jpg

another Image (rendered with POV-Ray)

LDD file

ERROR:

PS posted this in official thread since there isn't unreleased set thread that I know of. Maybe make a new category on the first page just for unreleased sets that can be proven as real and has enough information to make a set? There are a few other unreleased sets I know of such as Seatron Monorail set which is defiantly not a MOC, the quarter dome panel was never released in trans-red color for one thing. (LDD doesn't have monorail base or tracks so I won't try that)

EDIT: corrected picture, official LDD picture now up

Edited by Lego Otaku
: Renderings are not allowed in this topic. You can provide it as an extra in a text link.

@Lego Otaku

I'm not sure about this set. We can consider the set as official, but there are not official build instructions (the one you linked are cad images made by someone...).

For the moment I'll index it, but remember to replace the image because renderings are not allowed (see the rules in the first page).

Edited by Calabar

40071 Lawn Mower - Theme: Promotional; Monthly Mini Model Build; November 2013 - LXF File

40071a.png

(Designed by a young LEGO fan - Winner of 2012 Mini model contest)

[brickset][Bricklink]

Error: None

Missing print: None

-> Official instructions thanks to cmg :thumbup:

-> Render

Edited by vean

70500 kai's fire mech-theme: ninjago

[Brickset]

Error:pieces 4611424 not available replaced with bricksolution,piece 6017991not available replaced with bricksolution

Missing print:all stickers and printed pieces are left

9591 weapon pack-theme: ninjago

[Brickset]

Error:nrg kai's pieces, spinners and crowns are left replaced with bricksolution chokun's legs replaced with bricksolution

Missing print:all stickers and printed pieces are left

9441 kai's bladecycle-theme ninjago

[Brickset]

Error:pieces 4611424 ,not available replaced with bricksolution

Missing print:all stickers and printed pieces are left.

Edited by Calabar
Images uncropped, LXF files missing.

@vean

The set 40071 results unreleased and I can't find build instructions on the LEGO site.

Could you provide official instructions?

@blitzard

Hi blitzard, and welcome in the LDD Official Sets topic.

Your entries are good, but there is a thing you should fix: images are not cropped.

Besides, I can't find the links to the lxf files.

Could you fix that?

Edited by Calabar

I'm guessing the November set 40071 is just released at LEGO stores since today is first of November, and the details haven't quite gotten to the internet. I'd check again in a few days, there should be proof of official monthly build for this month.

Concerning 40071: Polybags have been delivered...

Edited by vean

@vean

If you can provide me scans of the instructions, for me is good too. :classic:

Otherwise, inform me when instructions will be available (use the same post above, don't post the set again).

Some of the models were made with older LDD program 3.x and when I checked one of them, the member who originally did it hasn't been on for many months. Is there any problem if I do the model with newer LDD?