Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Index updated.

38 Sets has been added to the index (4 alternative, 19 duplicate, 0 incomplete).

Check your sets and report errors or inaccuracies in the index, if any!

2 Sets has not been added to the index because Irregular.

Fix your sets in order to be added to the index!

2 new Themes added

New contributors

Wolfolo - 9 sets

bacem - 1 sets

Top contributors

Wolfolo - 9 sets

Stephan - 8 sets

PeabodySam - 8 sets

Instructions archiver - 8 sets

ADHO15 - 3 sets

Canticleer blues - 2 sets

Toa_Of_Justice - 1 sets

bacem - 1 sets

List of Irregular Sets:

bacem - 44006 - Breez - Image Oversized

bbqqq - 4000001 - LEGO Inside Tour (LIT) Exclusive 2011 Edition - Moulding Machines - Not built using official instructions

bbqqq - LIT2009 - LEGO Inside Tour (LIT) Exclusive 2009 Edition - Ole Kirk's House - Not built using official instructions

Bonehead74 - 6228 - Thornraxx - Details Missing, LXF missing, Image Missing

CM4S - 9461 - The Swamp Creature - Details Missing, LXF missing, Image Missing

CM4S - 70006 - Cragger's Command Ship - Image Oversized

CM4S - 71000 - Minifigure Series 9 - Image Oversized

cpt. Fist - 8856 - Whirlwind Rescue - Image Missing

DenJansen - 7191 - X-wing Fighter - UCS - Link to the .lxf file is wrong

desrs6 - 6516 - Moon Walker - Irregular Image.

elmerohueso - 10213 - Shuttle Adventure - Image Oversized

elmerohueso - 8297 - Off Roader - Image Oversized, Unclear and un-highlighted set data

Gear_tooth - 21008 - Burj Khalifa - Image Oversized

Instructions archiver - 6596 - Wave Master - LXF missing

jcrosser - 30222 - Police Helicopter - Image Oversized

JunkstyleGio - 4841 - Hogwarts Express (3rd edition) - Enchanted Car only - un-highlighted set data

Lance - 7976 - Ocean Speeder - LXF missing, Image Oversized, Image Uncropped

merman - 42004 - Mini Backhoe - Image Oversized. LXF Missing.

merman - 8065 - Mini Container Truck - Image Oversized

mikul - 6679 - Dark Shark - Image Oversized, Image not a Screenshot

pauldk - 483 - Alpha-1 Rocket Base - LXF missing, Image and LXF links broken

PerryMakes - 10222 - Winter Village Post Office - Image Oversized - Minifigs missing

retroelectro666 - 21005 - Fallingwater - LXF missing, Image Oversized, un-highlighted set data

stark mark 5 - 9488 - Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack - Image Oversized

supergenius1337 - 6862 - Secret Space Voyager - Image Oversized and Uncropped, Unclear Set's data - Minifigs missing

TEH EPIC BUILDER! - 1357 - Cameraman - Set Details and Image Missing

@ Calabar: If you go to Brickset.com and type "Iron" in the "Search" box in the upper-right corner of the screen, you will see the various "Iron Man" Lego sets (4529, 30167, 76006, 76007, and 76008).

Thanks, but not ever a set including a minifigure contains the figure's name in the title. :classic:

A better choice could be search the set that contains the specific figure (but I should check if there are different versions of it) or a specific part (maybe brickset is not fully complete with parts data). The I should check which sets has been made and updated by ADOHO15, search for that in the index and download that.

It is feasible, but if I should do that for each update, the workload would be excessive.

So I think a little help from the builder could be the better solution.

This is a duplicate, but I hope it will be of particular interest, seeing that it is a tricky model to build in either state. See the end of this post to find out why!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4953 - Fast Flyers [Model A] - theme: Creator

[Duplicate]

_4953a_02.png

Errors:

• See below.

LXF (LDD 4.3)

SUPER BONUS! Here is the same model with the wings swept forward, for completeness (See a preview on my Brickshelf)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE ARE SOME WORDS FOR YOU NOW

The mechanism to move the wings is built in such a way that it usually requires the surrounding parts to be connected with a hairline gap, but the dreaded "out of system" error doesn't seem to be caused by 32525 (Technic 11M Beam) - connecting a beam to a technic brick actually causes the top of the beam to sit slightly lower than the top of the brick.

While building this model, I made sure to build the moving mechanism last, so that I could attempt to insert it later, piece-by-piece. This is how I discovered that part 32291 (Technic Cross Block 2x1) protrudes by much more than the space saved by the technic beams.

This appears to be a very obscure "out of system" error, and I got around it by abusing LDD's lenient detection of some connections. I rotated the 6632 half-beams around their connection to the 32525s by 2 degrees, which was all that LDD would allow before hitting the underside of everything built above it.

This little "pivot" gave enough clearance for 32291, at the small cost of making part 43093 (axle / friction pin) connect at the other end in a totally WRONG WAY. However, LDD allows this, and doesn't remove its instances when reloading the file. Take it out, put it back in, even insert all sorts of technic axles through it. The thing just doesn't care!

EDIT: Superkalle devised a better solution to this problem by editing the LXFML to lower much of the moving assembly. That was a while ago... I finally remembered that I needed to update these models to include his changes. If you have downloaded these LXF files before 20130519, you may want to re-download them. Cheers!

Edited by Gnac
: Duplicate tag added

I caught 8920 Ehlek trying to escape this index. Unfortunately for him, I decided to call upon a jailer to make sure that spiny sea creature stays in this index... forever.

8923 - Hydraxon - Theme: BIONICLE / Warriors
[bricklink] [brickset]

8923_hydraxon.png

[8923 LXF]

Errors:
- 32174 Link For Ball has been substituted with 93571 Ball Cup 3M Ø10.2
- 47306 Beam 6M. M. Ball Ø10.2 90G has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 53549 Shell/Foot 5X8X2 has been substituted with 53542 Shell/Foot 5X8X2
- 57525 Arrow For G6 Weapon 2007 has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 50898 Ball Cup Double, 7M has been substituted with 89651 Ball Cup Double Ø10.2, 7M
- 47312 Head/Front W. Ball Ø10.2 has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 47326 Ball Cup Ø10.2 W. Friction has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 57567 Weapon 5 2007 has been substituted with 57543 Weapon 17, 2007
- 58175 G6 Weapon 2007 has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 57719 Corrugated Pipe 56Mm, (Silver has been substituted with 71985 Corrugated Pipe 56Mm, which cannot be connected at both ends
- 47313 Head/Back Ø 4.85 has been substituted with 11269 Visor 3X3X5 W/Ø3.2 Connector

Enjoy your stay in the Official LEGO Sets in LEGO Digital Designer topic. Because so long as Hydraxon is your jailer, you are never going to leave. Ever.

EDIT 5/9/14: Updated to LDD 4.3.8, Brick Version 1392.
EDIT 8/17/14: Minor corrections made.
EDIT 2/14/15: Updated to Brick Version 1564.2.
EDIT 11/15/15: Minor corrections made.

Edited by PeabodySam
Fixing post-update post formatting.

4953 - Fast Flyers [Model A] - theme: Creator

Errors:To fix one error, I needed to make another. This really isn't good for my OCD. Oh, see that chunk of text down there.

Does this solve the problem (see file attached)? I removed all Technics parts (except the 8M x-axle). Then I edited the LXFML and manually lowered the axle down a notch to get below the "out of system" error. Finaly opened in LDD and built the rest of the mechanism ontop of the 8M axle.

This is the line I edited:

<Bone refID="280" transformation="1,0,0,0,1,-3.3686545066302642E-005,0,3.3690266718622297E-005,1,0,4.38,-6.9600024223327637">

The bold figure used to be 4.4-ish, and changed to 4.38. (so 0.2 mm...even though I think 0.1 would actually have been enough)

_4953a_02_Mod2.lxf

@omergalagever

Thanks for your first contribution in this topic.

Your entry is almost regular, there are two things to fix:

- the image, it is oversized and uncropped (you should remove all blank stripes)

- you should report errors and inaccuracies of the model, if any.

You can read all the rules of this topic in the first post.

You could find useful this guide to generate good quality screenshots.

44007 - Ogrum - Theme: Hero Factory

ogrum.png

LXF file (LDD 4.3.6)

errors:

the pin that connected the mace are colored 3 Light Yellow, instead of 5 Brick Yellow.

the Brain Slug's tail cannot bend, therefore it can't connect to Ogrum's back.

the Brain Slug cannot be double-coloured, so it only single coloured.

the Brain Slug's colour is 311 Tr. Bright Green, because in the Brickset the colour identified as "multicombination", so i don't know what is the proper colour.

Edited by bacem

44007 - Ogrum - Theme: Hero Factory

LXF file (LDD 4.3.6)

errors:

the pin that connected the mace are colored 3 Light Yellow, instead of 5 Brick Yellow.

the Brain Slug's tail cannot bend, therefore it can't connect to Ogrum's back.

the Brain Slug cannot be double-coloured, so it only single coloured.

the Brain Slug's colour is 311 Tr. Bright Green, because in the Brickset the colour identified as "multicombination", so i don't know what is the proper colour.

You should be able to color the pins the correct color. 5 Brick Yellow is in the LDD Extended Mode color palette on the second row, right between 138 Sand Yellow and 38 Dark Orange. It is a bit hard to spot it sometimes because on LDD it doesn't look nearly as light as it is in most official LEGO images or even the physical piece.

You did get the brain slug's color correct. It can be hard to tell sometimes with co-injected (blended) parts, but in this case your intuition was spot-on.

Edited by Aanchir

You should be able to color the pins the correct color. 5 Brick Yellow is in the LDD Extended Mode color palette on the second row, right between 138 Sand Yellow and 38 Dark Orange. It is a bit hard to spot it sometimes because on LDD it doesn't look nearly as light as it is in most official LEGO images or even the physical piece.

You did get the brain slug's color correct. It can be hard to tell sometimes with co-injected (blended) parts, but in this case your intuition was spot-on.

oh, you're right, :laugh: . it did exist. as you said, the color didn't even close to yellow in my eyes. i fixed it now, thanks. and about the brain slug's color, since you say that the color is right, i guess it's okay to remove it from error list?

oh, you're right, :laugh: . it did exist. as you said, the color didn't even close to yellow in my eyes. i fixed it now, thanks. and about the brain slug's color, since you say that the color is right, i guess it's okay to remove it from error list?

Yep. Just leave the note about its tail not being flexible and its eyes not being able to be colored separately and you should be all set.

All Sets UPDATED to LDD 4.3.8

79106 - Calvary Builder Set - Theme: Lone Ranger

79106.png

LXF File

Errors:

All decorations and stickers are missing or incorrect

79107 - Comanche Camp - Theme: Lone Ranger

79107.png

LXF File

Errors:

79108 - Stagecoach Escape - Theme: Lone Ranger

79108.png

LXF File

Errors:

Short cape cannot attach to Red's legs

Some decorations and stickers are missing or incorrect

79109 - Colby City Showdown - Theme: Lone Ranger

79109.png

LXF File

Errors:

Some decorations and stickers are missing or incorrect

79110 - Silver Mine Shootout - Theme: Lone Ranger

79110.png

LXF File

Errors:

Edit: Updated to LDD 4.3.8

Edited by penguinz

@omergalagever

This entry is irregular too.

Please read the suggestions I wrote you here.

Besides, this time, the set's data are not adequately highlighted too.

If you need further explanation or help, ask me.

Please fix both of your entries.

Does this solve the problem (see file attached)? I removed all Technics parts (except the 8M x-axle). Then I edited the LXFML and manually lowered the axle down a notch to get below the "out of system" error. Finaly opened in LDD and built the rest of the mechanism ontop of the 8M axle.

This is the line I edited:

<Bone refID="280" transformation="1,0,0,0,1,-3.3686545066302642E-005,0,3.3690266718622297E-005,1,0,4.38,-6.9600024223327637">

The bold figure used to be 4.4-ish, and changed to 4.38. (so 0.2 mm...even though I think 0.1 would actually have been enough)

This is a much more appealing solution, because it keeps everything in a straight line - and it also reminds me that I need to actually LEARN some LXFML hacking, instead of trial and error.

Would you mind if I updated the two 4953a models with this assembly? You'll get Superkredit, of course.

Edited by Gnac

Would you mind if I updated the two 4953a models with this assembly? You'll get Superkredit, of course.

Oh, I should have said so in the first post - naturally you may, that was the idea :classic:

44000 - Furno XL - theme: Hero Factory

furno_xl.png

LXF File (LDD 4.3.6)

Errors:

no cape.

no printing on Furno's visor.

flame pieces can't be multi-colored, so it's just single-colored.

40065 Kingfisher - Theme: Promotional; Monthly Mini Model Build; May - LXF file

kingfisher_klein.png

[Brickset][Bricklink][Peeron]

Errors:

No errors!

Missing prints:

No missing prints!

- Holocron Droid - Theme: Star Wars; Promotional - LXF file

holocron_droid_klein.png

[Not @ Brickset][Not @ Bricklink][Not @ Peeron]

Errors:

No errors!

Missing prints:

No missing prints!

This is not a retail set but an exclusive model available at participating LEGO Brand Stores on 1st May 2013.

It’s part of the Star Wars “May The 4th Be With You” celebrations for this year.

Instructions @ Smashing Bricks

76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

superman_metropolis_showdown.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

76003-1: Superman: Battle of Smallville (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

superman_battle_of_smallville.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Replaced gun with 62885, helmet with 98117 and armour with 62408

76009 Superman: Black Zero Escape (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

superman_black_zero_escape.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Replaced gun with 62885, helmet with 98117 and armour with 62408