Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Now the post is regular, thanks! :wink:

I tagged it as "incomplete" because you don't placed some parts and didn't try to add a suitable substitute to missing ones.

About the image, remember that you can take a screenshot without the grid using the screensot function of LDD (CTRL+k).

thanks PeabodySam I repair this errors soon

now its every thing corect

Better, but still just a few more errors that can be corrected:

- The actress's hair should be Earth Orange instead of Dark Orange

- The assistant's hands should be Bright Yellow instead of White; it's her arms that should be White instead of Bright Blue

- The Dark Grey 2412 Radiator Grille 1X2 bricks should be Black instead

- The spotlights aren't attached correctly; the studs on the Black 3938 Plate 1X2 (Rocking) bricks should connect to the pair of "tubes" underneath the Grey 3002 Brick 2X3 bricks

- The T-Rex's arms should be bricks 6127 Dragon's Arm, Right and 6128 Dragon's Arm, Left; if you have trouble attaching these to the T-Rex's body, I would suggest downloading the indexed LXF for 5975 T-Rex Transport or 5987 Dino Research Compound and using the T-Rex model included in these files

- The car's windshield should be 6238 Front 4X4X1

Just trying to help make sure that this set is indexed as accurately as currently possible for LEGO Digital Designer. You did a fine job at the rest of the set; it's just these small details which need correction. In the future, if you have any doubts or questions about which pieces or colors are used, check the Parts lists on Brickset, Peeron, or Bricklink.

8256 - Go-Kart (Model B "Mover") - Technic

Errors: 4163389 - Silver Flex Rod 7M won't connect to 4211553 - Catch w/ Cross Hole

Fixed. You have to try harder Balthasar :wink:

Nah, just kidding - this one was tricky, I have to admit. The trick was to....Well, I'll make that a challenge out of that to everyone else.

Ps: Don't attach your files to the post for anything else then temporary stuff. You only have 100kb of space. Instead, start an account at Brickshelf and link the files here. I think we have a guide how to do that somewhere (don't we Calabar :blush:)

8256_fix.lxf

Okay, netxt time, i will made a "Perfect-Post".

but... if everyone will make "perfect posts", we will loose the chance to open a very funny contest to fix it! :tongue:

Jokes apart, don't worry about perfection, here is required the respect of the rules, to give our best and the availability to fix errors! :wink:

PS: Remember that the 512x size is thought for big models. The image for set 8256 is considered regular, but it should be a bit smaller (it is a small size set).

How do you mill wind? With one of these, I think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4995 - Cargo Copter [Lego Club Exclusive Build] - theme: Creator

_4995d.png

Error:

• Parabolic Reflector 43898 could not be connected, put in position with a scaffolding

LXF (LDD 4.3)

Edited by Gnac

As we celebrate this relic of LEGO Island 2 and LEGO Racers 2 nostalgia, let us take a moment to realize just why Town Jr. is so vehemently despised by the LEGO community. I felt dirty just assembling this piece of <insert that tiresome argument> crud in a free digital program! Gross! Much like the games in which they appear, it is no wonder why 6598 Metro PD Station is remembered fondly while this set is largely derided and ignored. But I digress... after all, it is a genuine LEGO set, and so someone's got to build it and add it to the index, and if no one else wants to get their hands dirty, then I might as well...

6332 - Command Post Central - Theme: Town / Police
[bricklink] [brickset]

6332_command_post_central.png

6332 LXF

Notes:
- This set was also released with the set number 6636. The only difference between the two versions is that 6636 uses 2486 Balustrade 1X8X2 whereas 6332 uses 2583 Fence 1X8X3.

Errors:
- Missing/incorrect decorations
- 2513pb05 Vehicle, Mudguard 3 x 4 Slope has been substituted with 3297 Roof Tile 3X4/25
- 6160c04 Window 1 x 4 x 6 Frame with 3 Panes, Fixed Glass has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 30225pb01 Baseplate, Road 16 x 16 with Driveway and Police White Star Badge Pattern has been substituted with 51595 Base plate 16x16 w/road
- 30235 Vehicle, Base 4 x 10 x 1 2/3 has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 4033 Frame/Train Window 1X4X3 has been substituted with 60594 Frame 1X4X3
- 4318 Boat Mast 2 x 2 x 9 2/3 Bar with Slot on Top and 2 Finger Hinge on Two Sides has been substituted with 98549 Standard With Foot 2X2X5

Now, if you'd excuse me, I'm off to go wash my hands of this filth!

Edited by PeabodySam
Fixing post-update post formatting.

It is not damaged, simpy replace the setID in the link too, and you will find the file. :wink:

Thanks! That's really odd behaviour though; surely if the link/model name was incorrect then the site should not allow me to download what appears to be an incomplete file? *huh*

All these bats are driving me botty!

...wait, that's not right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20001 - LEGO Batbot [Promo] - theme: Creator

_20001.png

Error:

• Minifig legs won't connect to 1x2 bricks. I now know that this is because they're VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE in the real thing. I spoofed the connection by using 1x1 round bricks, and put the 1x2 bricks behind the model.

LXF (LDD 4.3)

And so, how do I wash my hands of the filth of over-simplistic build of 6332 Command Post Central? By deciding to tackle something that is very difficult and complex to pull off in the limitations of LEGO Digital Designer's software... BIONICLE! Like 8920 Ehlek, once I realized that the overwhelming majority of this set's 188 pieces were in LEGO Digital Designer, I realized that recreating this set could be done... the ridiculous challenge, of course, would be aligning all the double ball-and-socket joints connecting the limbs to the body!

8991 - Tuma - Theme: BIONICLE / Warriors
[bricklink] [brickset]

8991_tuma.png

[8991 LXF]

Errors:
- Missing decorations
- 47306 Beam 6M. M. Ball Ø10.2 90G has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 47311 Link 4M W. 2 Balls Ø 10.2 has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 49423 Breast Shield has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 64343 Maske 13, 09 has been substituted with 87821 Mask No. 8, 2010
- 57569 Base (5X8X3) 2007 has been substituted with 53542 Shell/Foot 5X8X2
- 89652 Ball Cup Ø 10.2 has been substituted with 93571 Ball Cup 3M Ø10.2
- 85582 Ball Ø 16.5 With Studs cannot be dual-colored Warm Gold and Black
- 64263 VÃ¥ben 1, 09 has been substituted with 57543 Weapon 17, 2007

And after building that set... I have a headache!
"It might be a Tuma..."
It's not a Tuma! It's not a Tuma! At all!

EDIT 1/26/15: Updated to LDD 4.3.8, Brick Version 1564.2.

Edited by PeabodySam

Error:

• Minifig legs won't connect to 1x2 bricks. I now know that this is because they're VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE in the real thing. I spoofed the connection by using 1x1 round bricks, and put the 1x2 bricks behind the model.

Are they really that hard to pull apart? Otherwise, this would be a bug in LDD I suppose?

[/size]

Are they really that hard to pull apart? Otherwise, this would be a bug in LDD I suppose?

They were stuck so hard that I actually worried about pulling the legs off their little hips. If you want to try it, I find that the best way to get your legs back, is to move them from side-to-side and wiggle them out a little bit, then use the sharp end of a brick seperator to lever them off. I don't have any old minifig legs to test if it is simply a case of needing to "break the parts in"...

I'm certain that there is some sort of software buggery going on, with regards to how I managed to get the minifig legs' pegs inside the 3069's cavity.

So I heard this thing was unfinished (YAH THIS IS A DUPE)

5893 - Off-Road Power [Model A] - theme: Creator

_5893a.png

Errors:

• No string for winch / hook
  • Quad Bike has no connection to the trailer; take this into consideration when moving the model

LXF (LDD 4.3)

Edited by Gnac

Good afternoon!

40063 Sea Turtle - Theme: Promotional; Monthly Mini Model Build; March - LXF file

sea_turtle_klein.png

[Brickset][Bricklink][Peeron]

Errors:

No building errors!

Missing prints:

No missing prints!

Missing stickers:

No missing stickers!

21017 Imperial Hotel - Theme: Architecture - LXF file

imperial_hotel_klein.png

Errors:

No building errors!

Missing prints:

Black (Tile 1 x 8 with 'Imperial Hotel' Pattern) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, not replaced with a different decoration.

Missing stickers:

No missing stickers!

Edited by Stephan

Good evening!

10232 Palace Cinema - Theme: Creator; Expert - LXF file

palace_cinema_klein.png

Errors:

I couldn't get the left side of the New Dark Red roof to fit. Maybe someone else can look at it?

Missing prints:

Bright Blue (Torso White Vertical Stripes and Red Bow Tie Pattern / Blue Arms / Yellow Hands) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, not replaced with a different decoration.

Black (Torso Monster Fighters Jacket Formal with Dark Red Vest and Cravat Pattern / Black Arms / White Hands) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, not replaced with a different decoration.

Medium Lilac (Torso Blouse with Gold Sash and Flowers Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, not replaced with a different decoration.

Medium Stone Grey (Slope 45 2 x 2 with Red Cash Register and '+15' Pattern) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, not replaced with a different decoration.

Missing stickers:

Missing stickers!

Note: Floors are grouped!

Edited by Stephan

Someone's been busy! I'm guessing the mistake you noticed was the roof? :tongue:

Here's mine:

21017 Imperial Hotel (LDD 4.3.6 - Architecture)

LXF File

imperial_hotel.png

ERRORS:

Missing print

Edited by ADHO15

I guess 8991 Tuma served as inspiration for me to seek out what other BIONICLE sets could be recreated in LEGO Digital Designer, especially since our index is currently so lacking in that area. Since many TECHNIC elements are included in the software's library, I decided that the earliest BIONICLE sets, which were under the TECHNIC brand, would probably be the best target.

However, when building 8537 Nui-Rama below, I ran into an obstacle: a pair of bricks (bb78 Technic Ball Joint with Double Rack and 32167 Technic Rectangular Gearbox Half) that were not in LEGO Digital Designer and, no matter how much I experimented, left me completely stumped regarding how to build custom assemblies to replace them without altering the rest of the models. If anyone else wants to try their hand at it, by all means be my guest, but for now, I left them out and left the assemblies that would be connecting to them floating in space in their approximate locations.

EDIT 3/12/13: After playing around with the LXF file, I think I've finally settled upon a custom assembly I can use for now.

8537 - Nui-Rama (A Model) - Theme: BIONICLE / Rahi
[bricklink] [brickset]

8537_nui-rama_v2.png

[8537 LXF]

Errors:
- 32174 Link For Ball has been substituted with 93571 Ball Cup 3M Ø10.2
- 32551 Voodoo Hook has been substituted with 57565 Weapon 3 2007
- 32506 Voodoo Claw has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 32553 Voodoo Head has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 71509 Rubber Band Ø13 Mm Internal is not included
- 32170 Technic Gear Rack Double with Ball Joint has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 32167 Technic Rectangular Gearbox Half has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 32567 Bionicle Mask Ruru (Turaga) has been substituted with 87808 Mask No. 4, 2010

8548 - Nui-Jaga (A Model) - Theme: BIONICLE / Rahi
[bricklink] [brickset]

8548_nui-jaga.png

[8548 LXF]

Errors:
- 32482 Voodoo Leg, Balls Ø10,2 has been substituted with 32173 Leg With 2 Topballs
- 32506 Voodoo Claw cannot be properly placed on the model

- 32553 Voodoo Head has been substituted with 64262 Hoved 2 w/ball cup 09
- 32566 Bionicle Mask Pakari has been substituted with 87808 Mask No. 4, 2010
- 32554 Voodoo Eyes has been substituted with 53585 Fric. element, ball Ø 10.2

If I'm feeling adventurous, I may attempt to tackle the alternate model of 8548 Nui-Jaga... the Kahu! As for the Nui-Kopen alternate model of 8537 Nui-Rama, well, I'm hesitant to do anything more with this set until we can get those missing bricks, or at least well-designed substitutes, in LEGO Digital Designer.

EDIT 3/12/13: Updated 8537 with new custom assemblies for bb78 Technic Ball Joint with Double Rack and 32167 Technic Rectangular Gearbox Half.
EDIT 12/16/13: Updated 8537 to LDD 4.3.8.
EDIT 5/9/14: Updated 8537 and 8548 to LDD 4.3.8, Brick Version 1392.
EDIT 10/18/14: Updated 8537 to Brick Version 1564.1.
EDIT 11/15/15: Updated 8548 to Brick Version 1564.2.

Edited by PeabodySam

I said I would do this if I was feeling adventurous... so I guess that means that I was feeling adventurous today.

8548 - Nui-Jaga (B Model: "Kahu") - Theme: BIONICLE / Rahi
[bricklink] [brickset]

8548_kahu.png

[8548 LXF]

Errors:
- 32482 Voodoo Leg, Balls Ø10,2 has been substituted with 32173 Leg With 2 Topballs

8549 - Tarakava (A Model) - Theme: BIONICLE / Rahi
[bricklink] [brickset]

8549_tarakava.png

[8549 LXF]

Errors:
- 71372 Caterpillar Belt cannot be placed onto either model
- 32475 Voodoo Foot cannot be placed onto the blue Tarakava model
- 76110 Arrow 8M W./Upper Part has been substituted with 57028 Arrow 8M W/Soft Upper P.
- 71917 Corrugated Pipe 72Mm cannot be properly connected at both ends
- 71984 Corrugated Pipe 32Mm has been substituted with a custom assembly, which is inflexible and cannot be properly flexed
- 71984 Corrugated Pipe 32Mm cannot be properly connected at both ends
- 32551 Voodoo Hook has been substituted with 57565 Weapon 3 2007
- 32553 Voodoo Head has been substituted with a custom assembly
- 32566 Bionicle Mask Pakari has been substituted with 87808 Mask No. 4, 2010
- 32190 Right 3D Panel 7M-1 has been substituted with 44352 Right 3D Panel 7M W 4.85 No22
- 32191 Left 3D Panel 7M-2 has been substituted with 44353 Left 3D Panel 7M W 4.85 No23

- 76138 Shock Absorber, Hard has been substituted with 76537 Shock Absorber, Extra Hard, which cannot contract or extend and therefore cannot be properly attached to the models on both ends of the piece
- 32568 Bionicle Mask Kakama has been substituted with 98573 Helmet No.1, 2012

And now, if you want, you can recolor these models whoever you want! I went ahead and recolored my own Kahu to match its well-known Mata Nui Adventure Game color scheme, and I'm in the process of recreating the famed Sand Tarakava prototype model!

Maybe if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll attempt to tackle the Tarakava Nui alternate model... or maybe Muaka & Kane-Ra...

EDIT 3/4/13: Minor correction to 8549 Tarakava.
EDIT 4/12/13: Updated 8549 Tarakava to LDD 4.3.6.
EDIT 9/6/13: Updated 8549 Tarakava to Brick Version 1182.
EDIT 12/16/13: Updated 8548 and 8549 to LDD 4.3.8.
EDIT 5/9/14: Updated 8548 to Brick Version 1392.
EDIT 10/18/14: Updated 8549 to Brick Version 1564.1.
EDIT 11/15/15: Updated 8549 to Brick Version 1564.2.
EDIT 3/25/16: Updated 8549 to LDD 4.3.9.

Edited by PeabodySam

Let's try this again...

71000 - Minifigures Series 9 - Theme: Collectable Minifigures

71000LDD2.png

LXF File

Errors:

None! Just no printing.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S
: Oversized image converted in text link. Please read topic's rules.

30222- Police Helicopter - Theme: City

Errors:

Minifig torso decoration not in LDD - replaced with similar

30222.lxf

Edited by Calabar
: Oversized image converted in text link. Please read topic's rules.

@CM4S

@jcrosser

Images of your posts are irregular, please read the rules in the first page and fix that.

In the meantime I converted that in text links.

jcrosser, remember that the image for a small set should be smaller than the maximum size allowed, for your set a 256 pixel width image should be perfect.

jcrosser, the forum's attachment function is not the best choice for sharing the lxf files. I suggest you to create a free brickshelf account, that allow you to host and hotlink both images and lxf files.