Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

I actually got the red brick to fit. Just pick it up, and place it, and it will snap. Normally it's an illegal build, but sometimes you can make it snap in LDD; and this is such a case.

I noticed that during the build of the set. Actually I was surprised that LDD allowed the brick to fit, as I knew it was an illegal building method I had encountered in other City trucks as well (such as 7990 Cement Mixer). But here's the reason why I left the Technic brick out and aside the truck. Yes, LDD will allow it to snap in, but if you save the thus amended lxf, close LDD and reopen LDD with this lxf, it will (sometimes, not always..... :ugh: ) recognise it as a misplaced brick and remove it. So to speak: the illegal build and the possible error warning made the lxf unacceptable according to my own quality control standards.... :head_back:

I noticed that during the build of the set. Actually I was surprised that LDD allowed the brick to fit, as I knew it was an illegal building method I had encountered in other City trucks as well (such as 7990 Cement Mixer). But here's the reason why I left the Technic brick out and aside the truck. Yes, LDD will allow it to snap in, but if you save the thus amended lxf, close LDD and reopen LDD with this lxf, it will (sometimes, not always..... :ugh: ) recognise it as a misplaced brick and remove it. So to speak: the illegal build and the possible error warning made the lxf unacceptable according to my own quality control standards.... :head_back:

In that case, I think you made the right decision to leave it to the side :classic:

DEEZ SUM BUSTAS.

NOTE: I order my builds (model A, B, C etc.) by the order in which they appear in the instruction booklet(s). Neither the image on the box or instructions cover page, nor the complexity of the build, have any influence on my naming conventions.

ALSO: I am linking all my part descriptions to Brickset instead of Bricklink, so that I don't get sued by BrickLink GlobalCorp LLC for the £1.49 in cash that I have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4404 - Land Busters [Model A] - theme: Designer

_4404a.png

Errors:

• Rim part 44292 (Rim Ø 30,4 X 20) missing in LDD, replaced with part 56145 (Rim wide with cross 30 x 20)
  • Balloon tyre part 44308 (Offroad Tyre 43,2 X 22) missing in LDD, replaced with part 44309 (Tyre Normal Wide 43 x 22)
  • Part 6211 (Spiral Tube with flange) doesn't flex - nearest flexible part (64230) is not long enough to clip into part 4085 (Plate 1x1 with Holder), so both instances have been left straight
  • Use of illegal building technique described here and confirmed by legolijntje and Superkalle - part 32054 has been placed behind the model; connection replaced with a bush and a 3m Cross-axle with knob

LXF (LDD 4.3.8)

4404 - Land Busters [Model B] - theme: Designer

_4404b.png

Errors / Notes:

• EXCELLENT THING 2014 EDITION: This overly complex model is now grouped! Because it is so annoying to put the bodywork back onto the chassis after seperating the two.
  • Rim part 44292 (Rim Ø 30,4 X 20) missing in LDD, replaced with part 56145 (Rim wide with cross 30 x 20)
  • Balloon tyre part 44308 (Offroad Tyre 43,2 X 22) missing in LDD, replaced with part 44309 (Tyre Normal Wide 43 x 22)
  • Balloon tyre part 41893 (Black Tire 68.8 x 36 H) missing in LDD, replaced with part 41897 (Tyre Balloon Wide 68.7 x 34)
  • Part 6211 (Spiral Tube with flange) doesn't flex - replaced with nearest equivalent part (64230) which allows manipulation by the flex tool

LXF (LDD 4.3.8)

4404 - Land Busters [Model C] - theme: Designer

_4404c.png

Errors:

• Balloon tyre part 44308 (Offroad Tyre 43,2 X 22) missing in LDD, replaced with part 61481 (Tyre Balloon Wide 43 x 26)
  • Balloon tyre part 41893 (Black Tire 68.8 x 36 H) missing in LDD, replaced with part 41897 (Tyre Balloon Wide 68.7 x 34)
  • Part 6211 (Spiral Tube with flange) doesn't flex - replaced with nearest equivalent part (64230) which allows manipulation by the flex tool

LXF (LDD 4.3.8)

Edited by Gnac

7692 - MX-71 Recon Dropship - Space / Mars Mission

7692_mx-71_recon_dropship.png

lxf

Missing parts in LDD and replaced with custom bricks:

78c12 not flexible

7697 - MT-51 Claw-Tank Ambush - Space / Mars Mission

7697_mt-51_claw-tank_ambush.png

lxf

Missing parts replaced with custom bricks::

Tread x1681 (or 53992) not flexible so it was replaced with an alternative trackshoe.

7699 - MT-101 Armoured Drilling Unit - Space / Mars Mission

7699_mt-101_armoured_drilling_unit.png

lxf

Missing parts replaced with custom bricks:

78c04

No pun today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4403 - Air Blazers [Model A] - theme: Designer

_4403a.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4403 - Air Blazers [Model B] - theme: Designer

_4403b.png

Errors:

• The side windows, made by part 2362 (Wall element 1x2x3) should be tilted 14-15 degrees on the hinge bricks below them. This causes collision errors when building above them, so they have been placed upright.
  • The front windows, made by part 46413 (Shell 4x8x2 with Forks) create a "hitbox" which interferes with part of the instrument panel. These parts have been left at the front of the model.
  • None of the technic assemblies work, due to limitations with LDD. This includes the landing gear controls, and the intriguing method of making the rotor spin.
  • Rubber Band 41752 not present in LDD

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4403 - Air Blazers [Model C] - theme: Designer

_4403c.png

Errors:

• Part 4599 (Tap) cannot be attached to part 32000 (Brick 1x2 with 2 Holes) - the knobs on top of the taps should be inserted into the holes on the technic brick. The taps have been left underneath the model.
  • Rubber Band x88 not present in LDD, replaced with part 2185 (Tyre for Wedge-Belt Wheel)

LXF (LDD 4.3)

Edited by Gnac

3050 - Shangai Surprise - Theme: Castle / Ninja

3050_shangai_surprise.png

lxf

3051 - Blaze Attack - Theme: Castle / Ninja

3051_blaze_attack.png

lxf

3052 - Ninja Fire Fortress - Theme: Castle / Ninja

3052_ninja_fire_fortress.png

lxf

30101 and 30102 replaced with custom bricks.

3053 - Emperors Stronghold - Theme: Castle / Ninja

3053_emperors_stronghold.png

lxf

String not flexible and not placed correctly

For all sets plastic flags 3x6 are not available in LDD and have been replaced with 2x2 flags 2335.

Original decorations not available.

Thanks to the latest LDD update, I was able to complete two of the 2012 Hero Factory villains.

6201 - Toxic Reapa - Theme: Hero Factory

6201_toxic_reapa.png

LXF File

EDIT - Error: I couldn't bi-color the hoses, so I colored them Lime Green.

6216 - Jawblade - Theme: Hero Factory

6216_jawblade.png

LXF File

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

6045 Ninja Surprise - Theme: Castle / Ninja

6045_ninja_surprise.png

lxf

plastic triangle x66px1 not in LDD - replaced with a brick-built solution.

6083 Samurai Stronghold - Theme: Castle / Ninja

6083_samurai_stronghold.png

lxf

6088 Ninjas Stronghold - Theme: Castle / Ninja

6088_ninjas_stronghold.png

lxf

plastic triangle x66px1 not in LDD - replaced with a brick-built solution.

6089 Stone Tower Bridge - Theme: Castle / Ninja

6089_stone_tower_bridge.png

lxf

Parts 30101 and 30102 replaced with custom bricks.

For all sets:

Plastic flags 3x6 are not available in LDD and have been replaced with 2x2 flags 2335.

Original decorations not available.

Edited by marco9999

A few more of these, then I can hibernate for the winter with me stash of hazelnuts.

4097 - Mini Robots [Model A] - theme: Designer

_4097a.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model B] - theme: Designer

_4097b.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model C] - theme: Designer

_4097c.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model D] - theme: Designer

_4097d.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

Models E,F & G were uploaded here by Giovanne.

4097 - Mini Robots [Model H] - theme: Designer

_4097h.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model I] - theme: Designer

_4097i.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model J] - theme: Designer

_4097j.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model K] - theme: Designer

_4097k.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

4097 - Mini Robots [Model L] - theme: Designer

_4097l.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

Good afternoon!

3300014 Christmas Set - Theme: Miscellaneous - LXF file

christmas_set_2012_klein.png

[Brickset][Bricklink][Peeron]

Errors:

No building errors!

Print errors:

Reddish Brown (Horse, Moveable Legs with Black Bridle and White Blaze Pattern) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, left blank.

Bright Green (Torso Winter Jacket with Silver Zipper Pattern / Bright Green Arms / Dark Bluish Gray Hands) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, left blank.

Medium Blue (Torso Female with Light Purple Scarf and Gray Belt Pattern / Medium Blue Arms / White Hands) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, left blank.

White (Torso Pharaoh's Quest Blouse with Buttons, Belt and Necklace Pattern (Helena Tova) / White Arms / Yellow Hands) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, left blank.

Bright Yellow (Minifig, Head White Beard, Sideburns, Moustache, Eyebrows and White Pupils Pattern - Stud Recessed) (Bricklink) is not in LDD, left blank.

Missing stickers:

No missing stickers!

Parts that should be printed of couldn't be placed correctly are copied to the side of the model for easy replacement.

Edited by Stephan

@Stephan

According with BrickSet, the set 3300014 has not been released yet.

Perhaps do you have different informations?

According with BrickSet, the set 3300014 has not been released yet.

True, but on the News page they said that it will be the next set for the 'Brick Friday' promotion. Instructions are on Brickset's instruction page.

Yes it will be given out next week Friday, I can confirm. (I hope to get one)

Those extra parts are the parts that need to be replaced when the prints will be available. This way they are easy to find

Edited by Stephan

7094 - King's Castle Siege - Theme: Castle / Fantasy Era

7094_kings_castle_siege.png

lxf

Missing stickers and most decorations.

Used colour 316 "Titanium Metallic" instead of "Black Glitter" unavailable or not renderized in LDD.

Edited by marco9999

True, but on the News page they said that it will be the next set for the 'Brick Friday' promotion. Instructions are on Brickset's instruction page.

Ok, if it is a matter of few days, this time there is no problem.

For the future, remember that you can't post a set that has not been released yet.

Those extra parts are the parts that need to be replaced when the prints will be available. This way they are easy to find

You can provide a .lxf file with those extra pieces as a "bonus file", but the main file can't contain more pieces than those necessary to build the set.

Anyway, I think there is a best way to easy find that pieces, that is to create a group that assort the replacements.

79003 - An Unexpected Gathering - Theme: The Hobbit UPDATED to LDD 4.3.8

79003.png

LXF File

Errors:

Unable to separate 3680 from 3680c02, used 2412b instead

Capes do not fit on minifigures with beards

Some decorations and all stickers are missing or incorrect

EDIT: Updated to LDD 4.3.8

Edited by penguinz

These have been available in the UK for a while now - time to digitise them.

40034 - Christmas Train [Promo] - theme: Seasonal

_40034.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

40035 - Rocking Horse [Promo] - theme: Seasonal

_40035.png

LXF (LDD 4.3)

Edited by Gnac

79003 - An Unexpected Gathering - Theme: The Hobbit

Errors:

Plate Round 4x4 with 2x2 does not exist in LDD, replaced with 60474, unable to place 2654

Where is the 2654 supposed to go?

Where is the 2654 supposed to go?

2654 is supposed to go inside the clear Plate Round 4x4 with 2x2 hole, since I replaced it with 60474, there was no hole to place 2654 in, thus I could not place it.

2654 is supposed to go inside the clear Plate Round 4x4 with 2x2 hole, since I replaced it with 60474, there was no hole to place 2654 in, thus I could not place it.

Aha, OK :classic:

I hope that the bug relating to the 6211 Star Destroyer is fixed in the next release of LDD.

Which one is that?