Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

8260 - Tractor [Vers 01] - Theme: Technic

8260 - Tractor [Vers 02] - Theme: Technic

Errors:

Hey, you're really churning out a whole bunch of models now :thumbup::classic:

About the red technic bush, it will fit if you rotate the "fuel tank" assembly upwards a bit (which forces you to move some other bits and pieces as well, so it's a bit awkward).

About the technic long pin, I see you've bumped in to that problem. Yeah, it's because the designers at TLG are using illegal techniques, even if they are not supposed to. These kind of problems were worse a few years ago, but it seems TLG has gotten better laterly. Still it's interesting you find one as late as 2009.

Here is an update to yellost's AT-AT Walker 8129. This .lxf fixes the problem of the missing side panel, as well as some other cosmetic updates (new snowtrooper helmets, for example). I've also included a posed version that shows the walker walking, just for fun. Click on the image for larger version.

8129 - AT-AT Walker - Star Wars (duplicate)

post-68310-1313692279.jpg

Download the .LXF ** posed version! **

Image of straight-leg version

Download the .LXF ** straight-leg version **

Edited by AmiPolizeiFunk

I've also included an animated version that shows the walker walking, just for fun.

I read this and thought for a moment, "LDD has the ability to animate?" ... but I wonder if that is just a translation issue, no? I feel like maybe you mean to say "posed" or "articulated" (unless there is yet another layer to LDD that we can unlock with enough knowledge of assembly and hex :laugh:

Great work but... you should resize the image! :grin:

You can find all the rules of the topic in the first page.

What image :P

Thanks for pointing out, fixed 7879 to.

8109 - Flatbed Truck - LXF File

D'oh! default_classic.gif I had this finished on Friday, but didn't have time to post it before heading out for the weekend...

What trickery did you do to place that "conical wheel z12" in the far back? In my model it would not fit due to a collision with the cross axle above it, and while it fits in your model I can still see the collision.

D'oh! default_classic.gif I had this finished on Friday, but didn't have time to post it before heading out for the weekend...

What trickery did you do to place that "conical wheel z12" in the far back? In my model it would not fit due to a collision with the cross axle above it, and while it fits in your model I can still see the collision.

I rotated the shaft above it 45 degrees and that did the trick.

The most time i spend on this model was aligning all gears so they would fit. At first i planned to do the back tilted like in the instructions, but after like 2 hours i gave up and it sill took me like 1 hour or so that get it like it's displayed now.

I rotated the shaft above it 45 degrees and that did the trick.

Ah, how did I miss that?

The most time i spend on this model was aligning all gears so they would fit. At first i planned to do the back tilted like in the instructions, but after like 2 hours i gave up and it sill took me like 1 hour or so that get it like it's displayed now.

Sounds exactly like my experience while building this model. default_classic.gif

Great work.

Had nothing to do, so I did the flexi-stuff. A bit tricky it was :tongue:

You can download the file and update your post if you want.

Hi, Superkalle

I had just built the 8109 in LDD and I had same problem of placing 32199 on its proper position. Would you mind telling me the way to place it? Thanks very much.

Hi, Superkalle

I had just built the 8109 in LDD and I had same problem of placing 32199 on its proper position. Would you mind telling me the way to place it? Thanks very much.

Hm, not sure I remember since I was fiddling around a lot. First I took away all the bricks so that I could position the flex-rod in 32013 (i.e. also removing 32034). Then I positioned the other end of the flex-bar in the 2780 up in the roof. This tooks some moving the mouse around and finaly it snapped. Then...I can't really remember, but I think I nudged it slowly in place in the 32034.

Hi vean, welcome on EB and in this topic.

To post a new set in this topic, you have to read the rules you can find in the first page.

About your post you should:

- add an image (not bigger than 512x512 pixel) for each set, under set's data

- provide a single lxf file for each set

- check if these sets has been already done and then inform if it is a duplicate.

Use an external file hosting service to host the files, such as brickshelf.

Forum's attachment function is not much suitable for this kind of use.

6541 Intercoastal Seaport, Theme Harbour

6541-IntercoastalSeaport.png

The old intercoastal seaport, with crane which readily falls over. Making this up was not so easy, as many parts do not exist and had to be replaced with alternatives (see list below). Errors also include wrong stickers and mini-fig decals.

LXF File

Errors

• The crane supports are custom made from bricks, and not the single Big Ugly Piece
  • The tyres for the truck and tractor are wrong; but alternatives are used.
  • The motorbike in the container is just plain wrong; and even then had to be hacked to make a legal fit.
  • The crane jib does fit together with green highlights, but may not be future proof.
  • The 2x4 plate + hinge modified with sunroof does not (yet) exist, so is a 2x4 plate + hinge.
  • The rear window of the truck is a custom made piece with a 1x4 hinge plate (vertical).
  • The plate with ball (vertical, down) does not seem to exist, so is a custom hack.
  • The top of the boat (bow) does not exist so is made of custom plates, shown in red.
  • The jib of the boat crane does not seem to exist, so is made of custom plates, but coloured white for now.

Probably more, but the general gist is correct.

Submodels

Edited by roamingstudio

Hm, not sure I remember since I was fiddling around a lot. First I took away all the bricks so that I could position the flex-rod in 32013 (i.e. also removing 32034). Then I positioned the other end of the flex-bar in the 2780 up in the roof. This tooks some moving the mouse around and finaly it snapped. Then...I can't really remember, but I think I nudged it slowly in place in the 32034.

Hi,superkalle

Thank you very much for you advising. I'll try it soon.

6125 - Sea Sprint 9 - Theme: Aquazone (Aquanauts)

6125_sea_sprint_9.png

LXF File

Errors:

- Part 30014 (Arm Holder Brick 1 x 2 with 2 Horizontal Fingers) was not available in LDD, so I used 3700 (Technic, Brick 1 x 2 with Hole) and 6048 (Arm Piece with Pin, 2 Fingers) connected together instead.

- (2x) Part 3633 (Fence 1 x 4 x 1) cannot attach to the model as the instructions indicate, so I left the sidepods to the sides of the model.

- (2x) Part 2599 (Minifig, Footgear Flipper) cannot attach to the model as the instructions indicate, but I placed it near its correct position.

- (2x) Part 37 (Minifig, Weapon Knife) cannot be colored Chrome Silver, so I colored it Metalized Silver instead.

- (2x) Part 412 (Arm Piece Turned with 2 and 3 Fingers) was not available in LDD, so I used 3612 (Arm Piece Straight with 2 and 3 Fingers) instead.

- Decorations are either approximate or missing entirely.

6145 - Crystal Crawler - Theme: Aquazone (Aquanauts)

6145_crystal_crawler.png

LXF File

Errors:

- Part 30014 (Arm Holder Brick 1 x 2 with 2 Horizontal Fingers) was not available in LDD, so I used 3700 (Technic, Brick 1 x 2 with Hole) and 6048 (Arm Piece with Pin, 2 Fingers) connected together instead.

- (2x) Part 2605c01 (Brick, Modified 1 x 2 x 2 1/3 with Spring Unit) was not available in LDD, so I used 3700 (Technic, Brick 1 x 2 with Hole), 3022 (Plate 2 x 2), and 3x 3023 (Plate 1 x 2) connected together instead.

- (2x) Parts 37 (Minifig, Weapon Knife) and 38 (Minifig, Weapon Harpoon) cannot be colored Chrome Silver, so I colored them Metalized Silver instead.

- (4x) Part 412 (Arm Piece Turned with 2 and 3 Fingers) was not available in LDD, so I used 3612 (Arm Piece Straight with 2 and 3 Fingers) instead.

- Decorations are either approximate or missing entirely.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

I was kind of wondering how others did this ... hoping that it wasn't another situation where modifying the xml directly could do easily what was taking me somewhat lengthy somewhat arduous sessions to accomplish. But like described above, I also delete most of the surrounding bricks to minimize things getting in the way - but I do this using a "copy" of the entire structure. This allows me to make all sorts of changes that would most likely screw up the surrounding structure - but on a copy, who cares? Once the flexible piece is in the proper shape, it can easily be moved into place. (even though the word easily doesn't really belong anywhere near the process of getting flexible pieces in place!

Cheers ~ Perry

6542 Load Launch Seaport, Theme Harbour

Another seaport, shares a lot of similarities with 6541, but many strange differences in the harbour and boat designs. Obviously a time of 'reinvent the wheel'.

6542-LoadLaunchSeaport.png

LXF File

The list of errors is pretty long, and will be filled out shortly (sorry, I need sleep).

Errors

• No bow for the boat
  • No correct rack / winder / winch on the crane (replacement designs)
  • No correct lifting hook (replacement design)
  • No correct rear cab piece (replacement design)
  • The harbour pieces dont work properly (as mentioned in LDD4 Errors thread)
  • Incorrect decals on most tiles and minifigs (but best replacements used)
  • No correct 1x16 lattice for the gates.
  • No hose pipe which flexes for the cargo engine
  • No correct tyres for the truck, tractor and forklift.
  • No correct forklift piece - the modern replacement is used. However it requires additional plates to complete the submodel, highlighted in green.
  • No correct 2x2 plate with single wheel underneath (modern replacement used).
  • Probably some more, but it is as complete as possible. :cry_happy::thumbup:

Submodels

Edited by roamingstudio

6668 Recycle Truck, Theme: Town

An old classic, only two hooklift vehicles were made; the recycle truck, and the container truck in train 4564. Here is the little recycle truck.

6668-RecycleTruck.png

LXF File

Errors

• No hooklift, a custom version built with a transparent brick
  • No elastic bands or string fitted.
  • Incorrect minifig decals (as always)

Edited by roamingstudio

8109 - Flatbed Truck - LXF File

Got a mail today that I was asked to post here:

Hello P4trickvH

My name is Anders Gaasedal and I am the designer of the 8109 A-model. I have just seen the LDD model you created and must say you've done a magnificent job. I hope you had as much fun recreating it in LDD as I had designing it.

Best regards

Anders

What a nice surprise :classic:

Got a mail today that I was asked to post here:

What a nice surprise :classic:

Nice to hear that from the designer him self and thanks for sharing Superkalle.

10205 Black Locomotive

Theme: Trains

lddscreenshot2.png

LXF File

No errors in this, I don't think, and all the part numbers are correct too. :sweet:

Edited by prateek