Set #: 7949

Set Name: Prison Carriage Rescue

Pieces: 50

Price: ?

Release: Summer 2010

Figs: 3 (2 x Lion & 1 x Dragon)

S@H

Bricklink

This is one of the smaller sets from the upcoming LEGO Kingdoms.

It has 3 minifigs, a horse, a carriage and some weapons.

More box views:

gallery_101_23_11279.jpg

The rear of the box views the set "in action" and the sole play feature - opening (and closing) the rear hatch of the prison carriage - which is poorly designed in my opinion, but I'll get back to that.

gallery_101_23_4463.jpg

The side shows the 3 minifigs inside and the usual 1:1 scale picture of one of the minifigs.

The other side shows the usual infos and states that the parts are made in: Denmark, Hungary, China and the Czech Republic. Which isn't the same as this set having "China-parts" in it. At least I couldn't spot any so far.

The three minifigs look like this: :wub:

gallery_101_23_26098.jpg

I am impressed with the high level of quality in the prints, plus I think these new torsos are pretty friggin' awesome.

gallery_101_23_7424.jpg

gallery_101_23_17038.jpg

New parts:

The Helmet:

gallery_101_23_55519.jpg

gallery_101_23_43082.jpg

gallery_101_23_7503.jpg

What's not like about this? It adds a lot to the Castle theme and we've been needing one of these for ages.

Thank you TLG for giving us this :wub:

Horse Head Barding and Unicorn Part:

gallery_101_23_16231.jpg

gallery_101_23_2582.jpg

Again I am almost stunned. The head barding isn't all that, but together with the unicorn part, it's great.

The pearl gold colour should have been white, black or red in my opinion, but hopefully we'll get those pretty soon.

Shields:

gallery_101_23_7069.jpg

Both, just to compare.

I haven't got much to say.

They're perfect and I can't wait to get my hands of plenty of them.

Dragon:

gallery_101_23_30312.jpg

Lion:

gallery_101_23_34209.jpg

Swords:

gallery_101_23_6400.jpg

Two swords in this set and we get the new dark pearl one. :thumbup:

The "full" set:

gallery_101_23_31075.jpg

gallery_101_23_12026.jpg

gallery_101_23_2663.jpg

gallery_101_23_22941.jpg

gallery_101_23_31250.jpg

gallery_101_23_813.jpg

gallery_101_23_40755.jpg

As for the Prison Carriage, it's kinda poor. Few parts and a hideous rear hatch.

Why? Well to me this looks like an army builder. It's a cheap set which gives you weaponry, figs, shields and stuff like that.

The carriage will probably do well to most kids and to the rest of us, it's just spare parts.

A fine set, which I predict to sell very well to both kids and AFOLs globally.

What's your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the review. The new torsos and shields look great!

This new theme is looking awesome! Can't wait to see the bigger sets :classic:

Edited by BearHeart

Nice review. Those prints are great.

Maybe a photo with all pieces on it would be nice, so we could see what spare parts we get, when this set is only used as army builder.

Nice review there Kim :thumbup:! Great pics with the magenta plate as background!

I like the minifigs also, they are great so I´ll need to get more of them. Keep up the work!

Apparently Etzel stumbled upon them and went into battle earlier today :wink::

gallery_148_90_10494.jpg

Nice review. Those prints are great.

Maybe a photo with all pieces on it would be nice, so we could see what spare parts we get, when this set is only used as army builder.

Yup, I'll make such a pic for tomorrow.

Now I have to sleep.

Nice review there Kim :thumbup:! Great pics with the magenta plate as background!

I like the minifigs also, they are great so I´ll need to get more of them. Keep up the work!

Apparently Etzel stumbled upon them and went into battle earlier today :wink::

Yeah, I though you'd like that :grin:

It worked better than I'd expected.

And yeah that Etzel and his ducks keep showing up everywhere. :grin:

Figs & accessories are great, the carriage is poor but that's not important anyway. Good set (not outstanding, you would need a good carriage for that). Also, funny head on the lion knight. I would have expected something more grim/determined for someone engaging the enemy.

Edited by Stiel

Thank you for the nice review.

The figs are great, the cart is not that bad (although it's very open for a prison cart)

If the prize is reasonable I will maybe buy more of it.

I only find the face of the lion knight a dissapointment, because it's very much used for many other sets and I think I have too much of it, as other faces are rare.

I only find the face of the lion knight a dissapointment, because it's very much used for many other sets and I think I have too much of it, as other faces are rare.

you could keep his helmet on :wink:

Cool, thanks for the review! This is probably the only set I'll get from this line, aside from the Advent Calendar and impulse sets maybe, if they even show up here. It comes with some good figs (although some new heads would have been nice) and is indeed a great army builder. And although the carriage itself is indeed kinda poor, it's still good for parts, namely the dark green and pearl gold bits.

Thanks for the review!

I find this set oddly appealing. Even being aware of it's flaws, they don't make me like this set any less. I love that in a set this size you get three incredible minifigures, and horse, some accessories, and a cute little cart. :wub:

I really can't wait to pick up this little beauty of a set.

Thanks for the review. This set is great.

It is a really great way to get three minifigures, a horse and a carriage.

It really is a must get.

:thumbup:

I gave this set an "Outstanding" simply because of the figures included. I just love the torso prints and the detail on them. I really like how the Lion Knight has a torso that looks like he has armor on so you don't need the bulky armor piece like in previous themes. While the set itself is pretty boring the figures are well worth it.

Thanks 'KimT' for this review - COOL set eh ? :grin:

I really like the simple wagon, it does the job that's for sure !

The knight's torso's are looking better with each review - note to self - get this set !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Wow, I knew this set was cool, but I didn't expect it to be this cool! :cry_happy:

I need to get this! Not only for the beautiful bucket helmet and the red plume, nor solely for the magnificent new horse barding or unicorn horn (not that I have one of the old new barding pieces yet :tongue: ) but for the incredibly versatile figs!

The captured lion knight's torso is the most versatile, with not a single faction color on it! All that is necessary to change it from a lion knight to a crownie knight is an arm swap :wink: !

The grey knight is useful too, for it's faction and every other faction with lions! Of coarse this is assuming that I even want to change their factions, I think that they are wonderful as-is! Also the Dragon knight is a beautiful fig! I love those two greens together (as you'd know if you read any of my posts in EBRP) And that faction has to be my favorite castle faction ever! (Even more than Trolls/orcs or Fright Knights!)

This set is a must buy for me (thank god that it's cheap, 'cause my lego budget is tight pressed this year) ((I have to buy the troll fortress and the town center before they'ren't sold anymore!))

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Great review and all, KimT, but hasn't anyone else noticed- you used a magenta based plate for a background! *huh*

:tongue:

Thanks for the review. I suppose this is pretty nice set- the figures are fantastic, and the new parts probably make this worth the buy. The set itself is pretty lackluster, but I guess that doesn't matter much. This gets an Outstanding from me.

Great review! This set looks so delicious......I'm really disappointed I already ate. :tongue: The gray knight's torso is beautiful!

-Santhor

Thanks for the review. If this set is not expensive, I will buy it for the figures, the horse, and the accesorries. Like you, I don't think the prison cart is well built, but it's acceptable.

The new kingdom sets are exciting, and I can't wait to see the reviews of the bigger sets. :tongue:

These sets look good. I wish TLG would stop using those stupid lame "scared face" double-sided heads though.

Thanks for a great review Kimt :thumbup:

I like the new "Kingdoms" sets, they are quite nice. The flagship castle reminds me of ones from days past.

This set like you said is an army builder much like the Pirate Cannon Battle set. But instead of a cannon you get a horse. As for the crap part, the pirate one had a rock wall and this one a prison cart. But at least the cart is somewhat functional :grin:

Now the real nice part are the 3 figures. :wub:

The new helmet is amazing! And I like how we get a black sword again finally, but it is not a true black sword :grin: