helos

MOC: European Hbbillns freight car

traintech1.jpg

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted some photos of my own experimentation in building the European Hbbillns freight car.

The wagons are built in 7 stud and you can see the technic construction. Let me know what do you think.

You can see the images by clicking here:

I had to copy and paste the url to get through to that page - but it was worth it !

Excellent wagon designing - very clever trick to get that curved top to each wagon.

Great trim work too, 'helos' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I've been an admirer of the grey one on Brickshelf for some time. These are quite superb and nice to find you on Flickr now also (get more of your great work put on there!) :thumbup:

Are these display only or do they negotiate curves and points?....I cant see that the wheelsets pivot at all?

Well done! Very nice design. A lot more going on inside than I'd imagined.

Looking forward to your next MOC.

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted some photos of my own experimentation in building the European Hbbillns freight car.

The wagons are built in 7 stud and you can see the technic construction. Let me know what do you think.

You can see the images by clicking here:

I'm really pleased you put up the internals photos, I've wanted to build one of these for some time. This is an excellent build and has been a personal favourite of mine since I saw the grey one on Brickshelf.

Edit for spelling

Edited by peterab

I've been an admirer of the grey one on Brickshelf for some time. These are quite superb and nice to find you on Flickr now also (get more of your great work put on there!) :thumbup:

Are these display only or do they negotiate curves and points?....I cant see that the wheelsets pivot at all?

The wagons run on the rail without problem and the solution comes from the great "Mijasper" (Thanks): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1517464

I adapted the idea in this way: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44946478@N04/4554066175/

I think it's a simply and cheap solution for many two-axle wagons.

The only problem is the weight and the consequent roll when the car turns but a freight train doesn't need to run quick.