Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The ALL NEW Classic-Pirates.com

The Classic-Pirates.com website has grown too big for its boots so we've moved it to one of those Virtual Pirate Servers.

We haven't quite got moved in yet so if something not quite right (like missing images) we should get that fixed in the near future.

Consider this new design an "intermediate upgrade" - there is a lot more to be added in the future.

In the meantime feel free to leave your feedback.

The Classic-Pirates.com website has grown too big for its boots so we're moving it to one of those Virtual Pirate Servers.

So expect downtime over the next few days while everything settles into place.

It'll give people time to work on their entries! :pir_laugh2:

The Classic-Pirates.com website has grown too big for its boots so we're moving it to one of those Virtual Pirate Servers.

I don`t know if this is a wierd question, but what is a " Virtual Pirate Server" ?

A Virtual Pirate Server is a spoonerism on Virtual Private Server, commonly abbreviated to VPS.

A VPS is the next step up from your typical hosting account where the Internet Provider allows you full control independent server control. Only they don't actually let you control their sever, they create a smaller virtual server within one of their servers.

Amazing. I'm liking the new theme with all the new stuff too! :jollyroger:

P.S. The "disscussion forum" does not work, it seems to redirect to a "forum.classicpirates.com" and then Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage :pir-cry_sad:

Looks great Mister Phes, you've gotten this running in excellent time since you started working on the theme! It looks wonderful, and you've done a brilliant job. Just a little bug fixing here and there and the site is ready! :pir-classic:

I'm frightened and confused. Change does that to me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be outside yelling at the clouds.

Pretty sleek new design. Feels odd for the time being, but that's because of that whole change anxiety I mentioned.

Thank you all for compliments. Many hours went into building this new version, however, consider it the "Basic Version". When I can find more time I'll gradually upgrade it to the Delux Version.

P.S. The "disscussion forum" does not work, it seems to redirect to a "forum.classicpirates.com" and then Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage :pir-cry_sad:

That problem should be taken care of now.

Just a little bug fixing here and there and the site is ready! :pir-classic:

Don't hesitate to report bugs in this thread!

I'm probably the only one, but I can't see the pictures hosted on the classic-pirates.com server :pir-sceptic: I see the picture announcing the battles contest (which is on flickr). I like the new skin for the blog. Is the forum skin going to be updated as well?

Possible bug? I just changed my avatar, but for some reason I see the old one still in the last post I made before this one. What's strange is that the old avatar is using the same pixel size as my new one. :pir-tongue:

Maybe that part of the forum isn't converted over yet?

Edited by gunm

I'm probably the only one, but I can't see the pictures hosted on the classic-pirates.com server :pir-sceptic:

The images need to be re-uploaded. Zorro should have that done soon.

I like the new skin for the blog. Is the forum skin going to be updated as well?

Eventually...

Possible bug? Maybe that part of the forum isn't converted over yet?

The forum is hosted on Eurobricks and therefore in terms of servers is completely seperate to Classic-Pirates.com. You'll need to contact one of the Eurobricks Administrators to get this issue resolved.

Yes indeed. The images need to be re-uploaded. Zorro should be taking care of that in the very near future.

The forum links should be reinstated now. The favorite Icon is back so now all we need are those missing images!

It looks really good Phes :thumbup: The silver background is great.

so now all we need are those missing images!

In the meantime, just blog lots and the missing images won't even be noticable! :pir-classic: