Piglet

MOC: Medieval Market Village Diorama

indexed.gif

Hi

This is my latest creation - a village diorama.

Medieval Market Village Diorama

Diorama shows a medieval village during a trade day.

Around the market following buildings can be found: blacksmith's shop, Bakery, church, town hall, inn and warehouse. The village is place near a forest, over a river that enters a lake.

It has a modular construction. The whole building process took half a year.

Four of the modules were made for the Colossal Castle Contest VII and are shown or separate pages.

The whole thing took 6 months to complete.

My homepage: http://www.ciamek.yoyo.pl/?m=00119 (all 90 photos, with some descriptions)

BS folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=428577 (all 90 photos)

Flickr Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigletciamek/...57623766166583/ (only 12 photos)

Photos from Flickr:

4534979729_1556c96e5f_t.jpg 4535612258_84f64d3652_t.jpg 4535612036_09d8bddb85_t.jpg 4535611776_2e8a254b97_t.jpg

4535611516_922990f3e2_t.jpg 4534978469_9ddb6a9508_t.jpg 4535611104_3aa2a8e66b_t.jpg 4535610888_a1397faecb_t.jpg

4535610738_58403cf0a4_t.jpg 4535610584_a12dda1f31_t.jpg 4535610280_8330b6b826_t.jpg 4535610102_84069a8edc_t.jpg

Agreed. How many MMV were there? I really like the style - reminds me of many old Swiss town centres.

Wow, impressive scale as far as the number of buildings and the different kinds of architecture (nice church, btw).

I like the little details too...and the guy doing the fish slapping dance! :classic:

Wow Piglet - Your town is amazing. I could look at it for hours. You did a really great job with the layout for all the buildings and there is a good variety of style and color and size. The streets and angles and varous heights throughout all give it a very real apperance. All the action and activity is wonderful. This diorama will be front paged soon I am sure. :thumbup:

Wow, what an great diorama Piglet. :thumbup:

I really like the incorporation of sets with your mocs, and I really like your own made buildings and of course that church. :sweet:

And you have filled it up with great action going on, with those entertainers and such.

the Inventor

Wow! I like the inquisitor with the cross, and also the weightlifter. :classic: The bridge is also nice.

Simple, but great design on the buck, I've been looking for the idea for some time. I'm gonna steal that if you don't mind.

Lots of fun details. Great job! :thumbup:

Edited by Stiel

OMG ! :oh3:

That is so AWESOME 'Piglet' ! :grin:

The detail in every square centimetre is just like WOW !

I just love it - makes me want to do the same to my medieval village set.

I'm a conformist! 'Piglet' really really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Superb, beautiful work, both as a large scale creation and in the minute details. The funny little sub-scenes are terrific just by themselves!

Your paying for my jaw replacment, Cause It just dropped. That diorama is epic, theres pig details and little details, Like the skull candle in the witches hut, and the traveling circus, please whatever you do, don't take this thing apart, It could actually go in a museum.

Really amazing work!

Love how you use the brown wooden door for a dock! The witch hunt party coming through the woods is hilarious! I really like how you used the Islander face for another Jester, it works really well!

Great job, off to look at more detailed shots!

Mark

holy shit, this is amazing!

:laugh: This is exactly what I was going to write! This is for sure amazing. I can't believe that you fit every detail of a medieval town into this diorama :thumbup:

AMAZING! TOTALLY AMAZING! Hey Im making a LEGO MMORPG. Could I use this as one of the main towns? If you want I will add a plaque at the center stating who made it. That is, if you are ok with me using it.

This looks great. The only thing is that Lego orange looks too unrealistic for a house from this period. To me it just screams construction. Once again though i comment on the only negative detail :wacko: great job overall.

A beautiful Diorama !

I think it catches the atmosphere of a medieval town on a market day very good. Narrow streets, busy people every where, lot´s of different smells...

Excellent work. :thumbup:

Kind regards

Markus

This is amazing piglet. I like the structures, but I'm even more impressed at how you've planned the landscaping around it. The height differences give it a really realistic look. Excellent work.