Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Claudius Rome

The Battle of the Plains of Abraham

The Battle of the Plains of Abraham decided the fate of Canada. Would it stay under French rule, or end up in English hands. A fleet of British ships sailed down the St. Lawrence river to the Quebec, the capital of New France. There was a strip of flat strip of beach that would make an ideal landing point. However, the French had highly concentrated most of their defenses at the beach, so it would be almost impossible to take Quebec by that route. There was another place where they could take Quebec from. Nobody would think of invaders using the cliffs southwest of the beach to get to Quebec, but a force under the command of General James Wolfe landed there. They climbed up the cliffs and began the march to Quebec. The French General Montcalm, upon realizing that there were troops closing on Quebec, rushed 2 armies to the Plains of Abraham, where the final conflict would happen.

In my MOC, a group of British Grenadiers attempt to eliminate a French canon, guarded by a few soldiers.

152.jpg

The Overview.

153.jpg

The British Grenadiers.

154.jpg

The French artillery crew.

156.jpg

A wounded soldier shoots with his pistol, while his comrade defends him.

158.jpg

An artilleryman charges with his axe, taking damge on his leg.

160.jpg

The French captain abandons his troops. The coward.

Full gallery here:Brickshelf

The Wikipedia Article: The Plains of Abraham

Edited by Emperor Claudius Rome

Looks good 'Emperor Claudius Rome' - yep, that French commander turn a little chicken eh ? :pir-wink:

I really like the facial expressions of all the players in this MOC - very COOL indeed.

I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

Wow, a very creative and cool looking battle scene, well done! the expression and the showing of the action is perfect, good work mate :pir_laugh2:

My suggestion would be to give a little more dynamics to the ground. Maybe not so flat. Other than that, that is a great assortment of minifigs you got there.

My suggestion would be to give a little more dynamics to the ground. Maybe not so flat. Other than that, that is a great assortment of minifigs you got there.

The Battles of the PLAINS of Abraham. It was supposed to be flat. :pir-laugh: Thatnks for the advice though.

The Battles of the PLAINS of Abraham. It was supposed to be flat. :pir-laugh: Thatnks for the advice though.

The plains of Abraham were not completely flat, they was some dead ground. So, I agree with NewRight about how you need to add a little texture to the ground.

The figs and scene look great though :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

Maybe add some different colors, and elevations on the ground, and some more grass like plants if you have any. Either way I really like your entry.

:jollyroger:

i agree whit Commodore Hornbricker, your MOC is looking wotrh of waching, thanks for putting this

Captain Becker