4 members have voted

1. 1. Rate this set

• 1 - Bad
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Welcome to my 2nd review! :sweet: This time it is on the 2008 set EZ-Roadster from the Tiny Turbos line. I'll model review this after The Cobra's template :classic:

8148 EZ-Roadster

Year: 2008

Theme: Racers

Subtheme: Tiny Turbos

Pieces: 45+1 extras

Price: $4.99 USD/£2.99 GBP

Building time: less than 10 minutes

MISB on review: Yes

Official Description: With its all-new glow-in-the-dark headlights, the stylish EZ-Roadster is ready for some cool night cruising. Just build it and race! EZ-Roadster has glow-in-the-dark headlights! Measures 3" (8 cm) long! Combine with #8151 Adrift Sport to make a tough racing truck!

The box is a regular TT box, made of plastic, with a black tire instead of the red tire or car on top of the newer TTs.

The front with the usual set number, age group, and a "Glow in the Dark" inset. Apparently, this car is 1:55 scale.

hpim4552.jpg

The back with all the safety info and the combo model with 8151 Adrift Sport

hpim4553.jpg

When we open the box, we get a poly bag with parts, an instruction sheet, and some stickers:

hpim4555.jpg

Here are all the pieces sorted out. We get a nice selection of yellow and black pieces, with some pearl chrome, trans red and GitD cheese :thumbup:

hpim4557.jpg

Interesting pieces include the GitD cheese, TT wheels, and some cool curved pieces.

hpim4561.jpg

The instructions are regular TT instructions, with the set taking up 1 1/2 pages and the combo model taking up the other 1/2 page. No codes or inventory, which is no big deal for a set of this size.

hpim4558.jpg

hpim4559.jpg

There are 8 stickers for the set and 2 more which say "TINY TURBOS" and "LEGO RACERS". I didn't put them on, since they are really small and [potentially] annoying.

hpim4560.jpg

The build is really simple, as are all the TT builds. As usual, we start off with a base and add SNOT plates to add detail. Here's the completed model, without stickers. It's a cool looking car, with a convertible profile. The GitD pieces are the headlights in the front :thumbup:

hpim4562.jpg

hpim4565.jpg

hpim4570.jpg

hpim4569.jpg

The only extra piece is a 1x1 pearl chrome stud, but it's still a cool part :thumbup:

hpim4571.jpg

All in all, this is a nice set, but it's not that different from any other TT. The price is okay, but I got it as a gift, and if I had the $5, I'd rather get an impulse set. This theme is made for little boys who like cars, and this is perfect for them. The build is easy and the model is sturdy :classic:

Ratings:

Colour Scheme: 5/5 Yellow + black = awesome.

Pieces: 4/5 Nice selection of useful pieces, and the GitD cheese is a huge plus. :thumbup:

Playability: 5/5 It's a car. It rolls around. It's made out of Lego. It glows in the dark. What more can a kid ask for?

Design: 3.5/5 Although it's "different" in the sense that it's a convertible, it bothers me that there are still studs showing. An easy mod with tiles would fix this. The stickers aren't really necessary to the look, which makes it better IMO.

Overall Rating: 4.375/5 It's a pretty cool TT, especially since it has GitD :thumbup:

Thanks for reading :classic:

(Oh, I'll add a pic of the pieces glowing once it gets dark :tongue: )

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

COOL review 'prateek' - you are right about the studs, that is easy to MOD and it then look even more like a convertable.

Man, they are really big tail lights eh ?

I'm not really into the racers theme, I do find these if on sale or clearance for parts usually.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for the review Prateek!

IMO, your review serves the old saying "you can't judge a book by it's cover" quite well. I would have overlooked this set due to the images on the packaging, but when it is built it looks considerably better. I also think it looks more attractive with the stickers left off, as you have it.

COOL review 'prateek' - you are right about the studs, that is easy to MOD and it then look even more like a convertable.

Man, they are really big tail lights eh ?

I'm not really into the racers theme, I do find these if on sale or clearance for parts usually.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I actually like the big tail lights. If Lego ever went on clearance in Canada, I'd buy this with no doubt too.