Sign in to follow this  
antont.ant

AAV -7A1

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAV)—official designation AAV-7A1 (formerly known as LVT-7) is a fully tracked amphibious landing vehicle manufactured by FMC Corporation (now BAE Systems Land and Armaments).

The AAV-7A1 is the current amphibious troop transport of the United States Marine Corps. It is used by USMC Assault Amphibian Battalions to land the surface assault elements of the landing force and their equipment in a single lift from assault shipping during amphibious operations to inland objectives and to conduct mechanized operations and related combat support in subsequent mechanized operations ashore. It is also operated by other forces.

4523100879_a83a209034.jpg

Special thx to my regular customer, Mr. A ( can't show the name, sorry) from the stated,

The first batch of 5 AAV (export version) manufactured last month, sold out in a week, now the second batch manufactured & ready for the international & local customer.

I send 1 AAV to my fd who now in the USMC, Semper Fi!! come back home & stay safe, J !!!

These export version is not same as the phototype which I sent to Mr.A.

4523734642_0a6e436609.jpg

4523734350_81fc154de5.jpg

the AAV can carry 8-10 minifigs & 3 crews, depends on their equipment.

4457323778_8d4b9f4b6e.jpg

Moving out! GOGOGO!!!

4457327754_fd1bef021a.jpg

4457328468_1472f3e33b.jpg

4457329862_007050cdb9.jpg

Old pic... :tongue: the Phototype AAV with Marine boys & their NCO, & the Crews

4457330586_0e2f6afbde.jpg

Enjoy~

For more photo, plz visit my Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30289434@N02/...in/photostream/

AAV in my store:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=antony_tam

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Looking really good. I like the clean lines. And the fact that you built two. In my opininon two of the same kind doesn't give twice the impression, but four times - just makes it look so much more....powerful.

Beautiful! I can spot the differences between the two, but the variation makes it more realistic! The design is brilliant, I love the tread set-up, and the room inside is astounding. That army's extremely impressive too.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Looking really good. I like the clean lines. And the fact that you built two. In my opininon two of the same kind doesn't give twice the impression, but four times - just makes it look so much more....powerful.

i built 2 for my own troops :) other 5 built for sell last month, I am making the second batch for bricklink store &

my friend's store in shopping mall.

i built 7 AAV in each batch, in the first batch,

no.1 for my project master "Mr. A" , no.2 for my fd, other 5 for sell,

so I got these 2 from the second batch, I will have 4 when the third batch built :P

actually I have 30 men & 4 AAV can carry all of them!! :tongue:

Not just because of the minifig heads (check my avatar :tongue: ) but this is really a great MOC.

I like the fact that it can be opened on top and in the back, and the shape is exactly like the real ones.

Unfortunately it's very hard to make a lego model with the green camouflage, that would also be awesome.

Anyway, great job, I don't think this could have been done any better :thumbup:

I don't think the U.S. Marine paint them green. They are usually grey like their amphibious assault ships. Maybe desert tan for the ones deployed in Iraq.

Excellent MOCs :thumbup: Looks very much like the real thing.

As I wrote before on flickr, nice model.

I don't think the U.S. Marine paint them green. They are usually grey like their amphibious assault ships. Maybe desert tan for the ones deployed in Iraq.

Excellent MOCs :thumbup: Looks very much like the real thing.

The ones currently in use are either tan or a camouflage scheme of olive green, flat black and brown. The latter in particular will be hard to pull off in LEGO.

Cheers,

Ralph